Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1866388 times)

jackelfrink

Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1675 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:10 pm »
+7

Leprechaun
$2
Action

+1 card
+1 action
If this is the 11th time Leprechaun has entered play this turn, put the gold pile into your hand.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 26, 2013, 11:25:22 pm »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction
When another player would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, return a card from your hand to the supply.

So when I'm buying Ruined Market, but you return Ruined Village, I get nothing. You rascal! Neither that nor the corresponding Knight thing should be very common though, so it seems to me it wouldn't be so very annoying.

Anders Gabrielsson

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 27, 2013, 05:06:22 am »

Copper Thief
$1 Action
Each other player reveals the top two cards of their deck. You may trash any Copper revealed. +$2 for each Copper you trash this way.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 27, 2013, 09:16:56 am »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction
When another player would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, return a card from your hand to the supply.

So when I'm buying Ruined Market, but you return Ruined Village, I get nothing. You rascal! Neither that nor the corresponding Knight thing should be very common though, so it seems to me it wouldn't be so very annoying.

Well, plus, if I play Torturer and you choose a Curse and the Curse pile is depleted, I can return one from my hand so you gain it.  This applies to any junker.  Also, it can prevent your opponent from three-piling to end. 

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 27, 2013, 10:49:14 am »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction

Well, plus, if I play Torturer and you choose a Curse and the Curse pile is depleted, I can return one from my hand so you gain it.  This applies to any junker.  Also, it can prevent your opponent from three-piling to end.

Actually the "would gain" condition isn't satisfied in that scenario.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: August 27, 2013, 11:01:46 am »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction

Actually the "would gain" condition isn't satisfied in that scenario.

Huh, I assumed "would gain"  happened before checking if it were possible.

Compynerd255

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
    • Betafreak Games
« Reply #1681 on: August 27, 2013, 03:52:38 pm »

public void javaVillage(){
this.deck.drawCard(1);
this.remainingActions += 2;
}

Yes, Java looks a lot like C++, but I tasted both and Java is much simpler... but unfortunately (?) C++ is more widely used.

Code: [Select]
public Class Java extends Card{
int cost=4;
CardType[]={CardType.ACTION, CardType.VICTORY}
int vPWort=2;

public void play(){
putOnJavaMat(this);
Card revealedCard=revalFromHand(1);
if(revealedCard!=null){
putOnJavaMat(revealedCard);
}
}
On the same note, I'll just throw in a C# example:
public class Moat : Card
{
  private Game game;
  private Player owner;
  public Moat(Game game) : base(game)
  {
     Type = CardType.Action | CardType.Reaction;
     Cost = 2;
     this.game = game;
  }

public override void OnGain(Player player)
  {
    owner = player;
    owner.OnAttack += Game_OnAttack;
  }

public override void Play()
  {
     owner.DrawFromDeck(2);
  }

private async void Game_OnAttack(object sender, OnAttackEventArgs e)
  {
     bool revealed = await player.OfferRevealAsync(this);
     if (revealed)
       e.Unaffected = true;
  }
}

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 27, 2013, 04:40:54 pm »

On the same note, I'll just throw in a C# example:
public class Moat : Card
{
  private Game game;
  private Player owner;
  public Moat(Game game) : base(game)
  {
     Type = CardType.Action | CardType.Reaction;
     Cost = 2;
     this.game = game;
  }

public override void OnGain(Player player)
  {
    owner = player;
    owner.OnAttack += Game_OnAttack;
  }

public override void Play()
  {
     owner.DrawFromDeck(2);
  }

private async void Game_OnAttack(object sender, OnAttackEventArgs e)
  {
     bool revealed = await player.OfferRevealAsync(this);
     if (revealed)
       e.Unaffected = true;
  }
}

Something I can read!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »

...Making the play function in the card itself is so much easier than what I was doing...  Why didn't I think of that...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 27, 2013, 07:34:45 pm »

Copper Thief
$1 Action
Each other player reveals the top two cards of their deck. You may trash any Copper revealed. +$2 for each Copper you trash this way.
That's, actually, kind of interesting. Should it be an attack? 99 times out of 100 it would be beneficial to the other players, and yet ... And the opportunity cost of playing it is a tricky one - a massive money boost early in the game, versus helping your opponents thin their decks, although it probably needs a massive nerf to stop you getting up to $10 in a 6 player game.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 27, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

Copper Thief
$1 Action
That's, actually, kind of interesting. Should it be an attack? 99 times out of 100 it would be beneficial to the other players, and yet ... And the opportunity cost of playing it is a tricky one - a massive money boost early in the game, versus helping your opponents thin their decks, although it probably needs a massive nerf to stop you getting up to $10 in a 6 player game.

If any coppers were trashed this way...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 27, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »
+1

Copper Thief
$1 Action

If any coppers were trashed this way...

Well, you'd want to trash as few as possible, so you would end up choosing one opponent's Copper to trash, which is rather political (and risky, if they reveal one player at a time)
Well you *do* need a signature...

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:24 pm »
+4

Philosopher's Tome
$3?  Treasure

When you play this, count your deck and discard pile.

Note:  The ? in the price means that you need to ask a question and pay three coin when you buy it.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 27, 2013, 11:16:31 pm »
+2

Philosopher's Tome
$3?  Treasure

When you play this, count your deck and discard pile.

Note:  The ? in the price means that you need to ask a question and pay three coin when you buy it.

Philosopher
$0? - Action

Count your deck and discard pile. Ask a question. Count your deck and discard pile again.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 28, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction

So with help from SirPeebles and GendoIkari, the wording I wanted is something like:

"When another player buys a card or is instructed to gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, return a card from your hand to the supply."

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 28, 2013, 05:42:42 pm »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction

So with help from SirPeebles and GendoIkari, the wording I wanted is something like:

"When another player buys a card or is instructed to gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, return a card from your hand to the supply."

If your opponent buys Sir Martin, and then I reveal this card and return Dame Natalie to the Knights pile... does my opponent not gain a card since the Sir Martin he bought is no longer on top?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:26 pm »

Annoying Technical Card
$3 - Reaction

If your opponent buys Sir Martin, and then I reveal this card and return Dame Natalie to the Knights pile... does my opponent not gain a card since the Sir Martin he bought is no longer on top?

I would say so.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 28, 2013, 05:58:52 pm »
+3

Robinson Crusoe
$3 -- Action

Trash a Merchant Ship from your hand. If you do, gain an Island, a Native Village, and a Gold.

Setup: Put Merchant Ship, Island, and Native Village in the Kingdom.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #1693 on: August 29, 2013, 04:53:10 am »

I would say so.

The equivalent scenario for Ruins makes it political in multiplayer games; If I play Cultist with this and a Ruins in my hand, 90% of the time I can choose who doesn't get attacked.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 29, 2013, 10:39:16 am »

I would say so.

The equivalent scenario for Ruins makes it political in multiplayer games; If I play Cultist with this and a Ruins in my hand, 90% of the time I can choose who doesn't get attacked.

Not sure about this. The opponent is instructed to gain a Ruins card, not a specific one. I don't think it would get interrupted.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: August 29, 2013, 10:40:38 am »

Animal farm
Each player reveals his hand. Any player who has more cards costing $4 than cards costing $2, or the same number, trashes his hand.

now, everybody who will search Orwell "animal farm" -mov*ie will find this message ^^

Wow, just got it now.

Edit:  I mean, the joke in the tiny text.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 29, 2013, 11:09:00 am »

I would say so.

Not sure about this. The opponent is instructed to gain a Ruins card, not a specific one. I don't think it would get interrupted.

I think that's probably right.  Though your opponent tries to buy that Ruined Market on the top, you can return a Ruined Village and he fails to gain the Ruined Market.. and then you can laugh at him. 

Notably, in the Knights scenario, would the player be out the $5 (or $4 for Sir Martin) they spent on the Knight?  The "buy" is complete so the coin gets spent, it's only the gain that is interrupted.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #1697 on: August 29, 2013, 08:26:47 pm »

Thinking about it more, I think it gets interrupted whether or not the Ruins you return is the same - it's the Lose Track rule, which can tell that an identical card isn't the particular card you were trying to track (e.g. that whole gaining Inn with Watchtower mess). "A Ruins" isn't a card, any more than "a card costing up to $4" is; I resolve the "OK, I gain a Ruins, that means I gain a Ruined Market" part before the would-gain kicks in, just like I choose what to gain with Armory before revealing a Trader.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 29, 2013, 08:45:07 pm »

Thinking about it more, I think it gets interrupted whether or not the Ruins you return is the same - it's the Lose Track rule, which can tell that an identical card isn't the particular card you were trying to track (e.g. that whole gaining Inn with Watchtower mess). "A Ruins" isn't a card, any more than "a card costing up to $4" is; I resolve the "OK, I gain a Ruins, that means I gain a Ruined Market" part before the would-gain kicks in, just like I choose what to gain with Armory before revealing a Trader.

Though with the wording, it's "When another player is instructed to gain a card," so it seems like it would kick in once you read "Gain a Ruins" before you actually try to gain the ruins.  So maybe it actually happens before you identify the card to gain.  Buying would be different, since you identify it first, buy it, resolve when-buys (when the other clause of this card would fire), then try to gain it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:50 pm »

Though with the wording, it's "When another player is instructed to gain a card," so it seems like it would kick in once you read "Gain a Ruins" before you actually try to gain the ruins.  So maybe it actually happens before you identify the card to gain.  Buying would be different, since you identify it first, buy it, resolve when-buys (when the other clause of this card would fire), then try to gain it.
OR it's a bad card idea.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 282  All

Page created in 1.572 seconds with 21 queries.