Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1870080 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1600 on: August 20, 2013, 03:02:48 pm »
+6

The Spanish Inquisition (30 copies)
$5 Action
Each other player gains a Curse. Each other player reveals their hand and discard all cards with the word "Witch" in the title.

When you gain this, put your deck into your discard pile. Reveal your discard pile. Each other player chooses one card in your discard pile that you trash.

Setup: Shuffle one copy of The Spanish Inquisition into each other pile of cards, including ones in play but not in the supply. While there is a copy of this card visible in the supply, any time a player would gain a card from a pile they gain the bottom card of the pile instead of the top card. If they gain a copy of this card, take a visible copy of this card and shuffle it into the pile they gained it from.

I try to understand the gag, but i fail. The first part is obvious, fine. What's about the second? It's obviously awful to pla the card. And most important: What's whith that setup? I guess "not in play" is intended to be "cards used in the game", but if you always gain the bottom card of any pile with a Spanish Inquisition on it, and each pile has only one SI in it, doesn't that mean you always gain it last? And doesn't this mean there's no pile left to shuffle the other Inquisition in? Also how do you know how much to pay for a card, especially for Knights, where one of them costs less than the others?

While writing this, i had another idea for a Spanish Inquisition:

Spanish Inquisition
Action - Attack, 5$
Each player gains a card: A Curse and a Copper. No - two cards! A Curse, a Copper, a Ruins from the ruins pile... THREE cards: A Curse, a Copper and a Ruins from the Ruins pile. That is, each player but you. Each OTHER player gains three cards... Each OTHER player gains ONE OF EACH of the following: A Curse, a Copper and a Ruins from the Ruins pile. Or the Copper pile, or the Curse pile, respectively.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 20, 2013, 03:25:29 pm »

Spanish Inquisition
Action - Attack, 5$
Each player gains a card: A Curse and a Copper. No - two cards! A Curse, a Copper, a Ruins from the ruins pile... THREE cards: A Curse, a Copper and a Ruins from the Ruins pile. That is, each player but you. Each OTHER player gains three cards... Each OTHER player gains ONE OF EACH of the following: A Curse, a Copper and a Ruins from the Ruins pile. Or the Copper pile, or the Curse pile, respectively.

There's also only one of them, inserted randomly into one of the Kingdom Card piles at the beginning of the game. And when you play it, you return it to your hand.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 20, 2013, 03:41:34 pm »
+4

From another thread:
That's why both Count and Counting House cost 5.  Too much synergy otherwise.
Someone make Count House for the Very Bad card ideas thread...

Count House: $6

Choose two:
-Gain a copper
-Look at your discard pile. Put as many coppers in hand from there.
-Trash your hand

Compynerd255

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
    • Betafreak Games
« Reply #1603 on: August 20, 2013, 07:08:10 pm »

There's also only one of them, inserted randomly into one of the Kingdom Card piles at the beginning of the game. And when you play it, you return it to your hand.
In a similar vein to that idea (of having only one of that card, shuffled randomly):
Anonymous Benefactor - Cost $3 - Victory
Discard any number of cards. +$5, +1 Buy per card discarded.
During your Clean-up phase, shuffle this into a Supply pile chosen by the player to your left.
----
Setup: Shuffle this card into the Estate Supply pile.

Or an even better one (I wonder if this one is actually even broken):
Allegiance Loss - Cost $4 - Action / Attack
Each other player reveals his hand. If the Allegiance card is revealed, shuffle it into a Supply pile that you choose.

Allegiance - Cost $0 - Victory
50 VP
When you trash this, shuffle it into a Supply pile that you choose.

In games using this, there are 10 Allegiance Loss cards (their own Supply pile), as well as an Allegiance card that is shuffled into the Estates.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:14:25 pm by Compynerd255 »

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:58 pm »

Telemarketer
$6 Action-Attack
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
Trash a card from your hand.  Each opponent gains a copy of the trashed card.
Is this really a bad card idea?
I'm actually wondering that. At first glance, I'd say that it's a bit like a modified Ambassador - and the cantrip mildly anti-combos with the fact that it doesn't stack too well, due to the enforced trash-and-attack that is limited by how many cards you actually want to trash out of your deck and how many cards your opponents can gain. I suspect it would turn out to be a not-great card, but not a really bad one.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 20, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

Spanish Inquisition
Action - Attack, 5$

I'd also like the Spanish Inquisition pile to be a set of Reactions, where each cards reacts to a different trigger. The idea is to make it very hard to avoid accidentally triggering one of them, because, you know, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Wrclass

• Young Witch
  • Dominion is the best game ever
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 20, 2013, 08:55:05 pm »
+1

Ghost Minion $5 Action-Attack

+1 Buy
Choose one: +2 Cards, or top deck your hand, +$4 and each other player todecks their hand and draws 4 Cards
I play Lookout, revealing a Fortress, a Tunnel and a Gold.

Compynerd255

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
    • Betafreak Games
« Reply #1607 on: August 20, 2013, 09:23:21 pm »
+1

+1 Buy
Choose one: +2 Cards, or top deck your hand, +$4 and each other player todecks their hand and draws 4 Cards
I guess that really, only the person who uses the Ghost Minion is affected by him - no one else has to believe in ghosts if they don't want to, because it just take their cards, teases them, and gives them their cards back.

Wrclass

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 20, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »

They still have to topdeck a card if they have 5 cards in hand, though.

jackelfrink

« Reply #1609 on: August 20, 2013, 10:55:48 pm »

Dead End Street
Action $2

+1 Action
Discard your hand.

Compynerd255

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
    • Betafreak Games
« Reply #1610 on: August 21, 2013, 12:58:00 am »

Dead End Street
Action $2

+1 Action
Discard your hand.
This one's great. :) If you want to make this somewhat work, maybe force other players to reveal their hands and discard them if they have a card that you name.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1611 on: August 21, 2013, 04:51:38 am »

Telemarketer
$6 Action-Attack
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
Trash a card from your hand.  Each opponent gains a copy of the trashed card.
Is this really a bad card idea?
I'm actually wondering that. At first glance, I'd say that it's a bit like a modified Ambassador - and the cantrip mildly anti-combos with the fact that it doesn't stack too well, due to the enforced trash-and-attack that is limited by how many cards you actually want to trash out of your deck and how many cards your opponents can gain. I suspect it would turn out to be a not-great card, but not a really bad one.
But Junk Dealer also has the same "problem" and is a good card. This card costs $1 more and junks, so I think it should actually be quite good too.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jackelfrink

« Reply #1612 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50:50 am »

Dead End Street
Action $2

+1 Action
Discard your hand.
This one's great. :) If you want to make this somewhat work, maybe force other players to reveal their hands and discard them if they have a card that you name.
Well, it was only intended as a one-off joke. But what about "+3 actions. All other players revel their hands. For each action card reveled, discard a copy in your hand." Would still fit the theme of having leftover actions with no action cards left in your hand to play. But if nobody in the game is mirroring your strategy, its becomes somewhat useful.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 21, 2013, 07:32:11 am »
+5

Animal farm
Each player reveals his hand. Any player who has more cards costing $4 than cards costing $2, or the same number, trashes his hand.

now, everybody who will search Orwell "animal farm" -mov*ie will find this message ^^
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:34:38 am by ChocophileBenj »
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 21, 2013, 08:52:31 am »

Animal farm
Each player reveals his hand. Any player who has more cards costing $4 than cards costing $2, or the same number, trashes his hand.

now, everybody who will search Orwell "animal farm" -mov*ie will find this message ^^

Or everyone who read Animal Farm in high school...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 21, 2013, 08:54:18 am »
+6

+1 Buy
I guess that really, only the person who uses the Ghost Minion is affected by him - no one else has to believe in ghosts if they don't want to, because it just take their cards, teases them, and gives them their cards back.

You'd best start believin' in Ghost Minions... y'er bein' attacked by one!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Wrclass

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 21, 2013, 09:02:41 am »
+4

Embarassy $-5 Treasure
+3 Cards
Discard 5 cards

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:46 am »
+2

Embarassy $-5 Treasure
+3 Cards
Discard 5 cards

I would gladly pay $-5 for one of these.
Well you *do* need a signature...

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 21, 2013, 09:50:30 am »
+6

Embarassy $–5 Treasure
+3 Cards
Discard 5 cards

I would gladly pay $–5 for one of these.

Fun fact, when a Highway is in play, this costs $0.

Wrclass

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 21, 2013, 11:02:38 am »
+3

P-I-N $7P Action
Discard you hand. You may not buy a card this turn. Each other player trashes their hand. When this is discarded from play, put it on top of your deck.

Chessmaster $3 Action-Attack
+1 Action
Play chess with the player to your right. If you win, +3 Cards. Otherwise, +1 Card.

Smiley Face $4.5 Action-Duration
Now and at the start of your next turn:   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Looter Torturer $5 Action-Attack
+3 Cards
Each other player chooses one: either they discard 2 cards, or they gain a ruins, putting it in their hand. You may play another looter torturer from your hand.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:08:25 am by Wrclass »

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 21, 2013, 12:58:29 pm »

Looter Torturer $5 Action-Attack
+3 Cards
Each other player chooses one: either they discard 2 cards, or they gain a ruins, putting it in their hand. You may play another looter torturer from your hand.

...When you trash this, +4 cards?

Anders Gabrielsson

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 21, 2013, 01:48:06 pm »
+3

Yeah, the wording I made for Spanish Inquisition was... bad. The idea was to have one in each pile of cards, including ones like Mercenary and Spoils, and players getting them randomly when they were trying for something else. Then I added something that fit the actual inquisition (punishing witches) and it kind of got out of hand.

Anyway, I like the all-different-reactions idea much better.

Anders Gabrielsson

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 21, 2013, 01:50:32 pm »
+4

Luter
$5 Action-Attack
You get to choose the music for the rest of the game, or until someone else plays Luter. Each other player must give you a snack.

Wrclass

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 21, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »
+4

Prohibitition $5 Action
When you play or buy this, each other player reveals their hand and trashes all revealed alchohol. Shuffle the trashed cards into the Black Market Deck

Compynerd255

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
    • Betafreak Games
« Reply #1624 on: August 21, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »
+2

Prohibitition $5 Action
When you play or buy this, each other player reveals their hand and trashes all revealed alchohol. Shuffle the trashed cards into the Black Market Deck
What cards in the game are alcoholic drinks? :)

Yeah, the wording I made for Spanish Inquisition was... bad. The idea was to have one in each pile of cards, including ones like Mercenary and Spoils, and players getting them randomly when they were trying for something else. Then I added something that fit the actual inquisition (punishing witches) and it kind of got out of hand.

Anyway, I like the all-different-reactions idea much better.
How about this one:
---
Spanish Inquisition - Cost $0 - Reaction (Only one in game)
- When you gain a card and this card becomes visible in the Supply, all players immediately gain a Curse and discard down to three cards in hand. Then shuffle it into a Supply pile with at least 1 card that you choose.
- Setup: Shuffle this into the Estate pile.
---
(When in doubt, type the card as a Reaction only)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:28:19 pm by Compynerd255 »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.