Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1867155 times)

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #3175 on: December 27, 2014, 01:55:16 pm »
+3

...in any order? Or is that deck stacker? Dominion always lets you topdeck crds in any order, even when it doesn't matter like with oracle. No, there is no edge case for oracle BTW.
You can put your deck on top of your deck in any order, but you still don't have permission to look at any of the cards from your deck.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: December 28, 2014, 12:39:35 pm »

Publisher Problems

If this card is in play, any card you buy this turn gets trashed.

Curse piling, anyone?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: December 28, 2014, 02:59:21 pm »

Publisher Problems

If this card is in play, any card you buy this turn gets trashed.

Curse piling, anyone?

Watchtower?

Rubby

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +324
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: December 31, 2014, 05:45:29 am »
+10

Better Throne Room
$5 Action
Choose an Action card in your hand. Play it twice. If it is a Watchtower, play it two more times.

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 06, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »
+2

Metaherald
Cost: 2

+1 card
+1 action

Reveal the top card of your deck.  If it is a Herald, play it.

----------------------------------

For each $1 you overpay for this, you may place a Herald on top of your deck from your discard pile.

Metastonemason
Cost: $1

Trash a card from your hand costing $3 or more.  Gain two Stonemasons.
------------------------
You may overpay for this card by $2.  If you do, gain two Stonemasons.

Metasoothsayer
Cost: $4

Gain a Soothsayer.  Each other player gains a Scout.  Each player who did draws a card.

Metajourneyman

Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 3 cards which are not Journeyman.  Discard the copies of Journeyman, and draw the others.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:41:35 pm by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Delta

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: January 07, 2015, 03:01:59 am »
+10

Archbishop
$6
Action
+$2, +3 Victory Tokens, Trash your entire hand, + 1 Victory Token equal to half the total cost of all cards trashed rounded up (for once). Each other player may trash their hand.

Cardinal
$8
Action
+$3, +5 Victory Tokens. Trash your entire deck, + 1 Victory Token equal to half the total cost of all cards trashed rounded up to the nearest 10. Each other player may trash their entire deck.

Pope
$12
Action
+$5, +10 Victory Tokens. Trash your deck, your copy of Dominion and all your expansion packs, and all other cards or cardlike objects in your house. Then go out and burn your neighbor's house and their neighbor's as well. Run through the streets naked screaming "Victory Points! All the Victory Points!!!" as the police chase you. If you do, +1 Victory Token equal to each hour of jail time you receive, rounded up to the nearest day. Each other player may post bail. If they do, +1 Card for them.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 07, 2015, 12:37:21 pm »

Pope
$12
Action
+$5, +10 Victory Tokens. Trash your deck, your copy of Dominion and all your expansion packs, and all other cards or cardlike objects in your house. Then go out and burn your neighbor's house and their neighbor's as well. Run through the streets naked screaming "Victory Points! All the Victory Points!!!" as the police chase you. If you do, +1 Victory Token equal to each hour of jail time you receive, rounded up to the nearest day. Each other player may post bail. If they do, +1 Card for them.

...Because we all know what the pope does in his free time...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 07, 2015, 12:39:33 pm »
+1

Archbishop
$6
Action
+$2, +3 Victory Tokens, Trash your entire hand, + 1 Victory Token equal to half the total cost of all cards trashed rounded up (for once). Each other player may trash their hand.

Cardinal
$8
Action
+$3, +5 Victory Tokens. Trash your entire deck, + 1 Victory Token equal to half the total cost of all cards trashed rounded up to the nearest 10. Each other player may trash their entire deck.

Pope
$12
Action

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 07, 2015, 12:49:05 pm »
+3

Archbishop
$6
Action

Cardinal
$8
Action

Pope
$12
Action

That last +1 card needs to be +1$, there should be no cardlike objects left to draw.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 07, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »
+2

Cardinal
$8
Action

Rounded up to the nearest 10, or rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10? How do you round 15 "up to the nearest 10"? There is no 10 that's up from 15.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Rubby

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +324
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: January 07, 2015, 02:54:15 pm »
+3

Cardinal
$8
Action

Rounded up to the nearest 10, or rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10? How do you round 15 "up to the nearest 10"? There is no 10 that's up from 15.

"Round to the nearest 10" is no less acceptable than "round to the nearest tenth" (there's no 0.1 that's up from 1.45 either).
In both cases, it's shorthand for multiple of X, or "zero out all digits beyond the X digit".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 07, 2015, 02:54:56 pm »

You've just been outpedanted.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 07, 2015, 05:00:44 pm »
+2

Metasoothsayer

Gain a Soothsayer.  Each other player gains a Scout.  Each player who did draws a card.

Well, that's just mean. No attack should ever be that brutal.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 07, 2015, 05:48:39 pm »

Metasoothsayer

Well, that's just mean. No attack should ever be that brutal.

Admittedly, it indirectly runs out a *second* junk pile, so that's crazy.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 07, 2015, 05:56:30 pm »

Scout should draw curses and ruins.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 07, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »
+4

How about a full rework?

First of all, it should only cost $2.
It should be a cantrip so that its worst case isn't so horrible.
It should draw curses, ruins, and shelters as well as Victory cards so that its use case isn't so limited.
Finally, it should search fewer cards so that it's not an overbuff.  I think at $2, even one card to look at is enough.

Cool idea?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 07, 2015, 06:47:22 pm »
+2

How about a full rework?

First of all, it should only cost $2.
It should be a cantrip so that its worst case isn't so horrible.
It should draw curses, ruins, and shelters as well as Victory cards so that its use case isn't so limited.
Finally, it should search fewer cards so that it's not an overbuff.  I think at $2, even one card to look at is enough.

Cool idea?

Not bad, but the name is still pretty terrible. Perhaps call it something else, like "Vagrant" or whatever.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Delta

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 07, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »
+4

Boy Scout
$3
Action
+1 Action, Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in alphabetical order.

Cub Scout
$2
Action
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in an order dictated by your parents.

Scout Scout
$1
Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's a scout, put it into your hand.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 07, 2015, 10:13:42 pm »
+1

Michael Bay
$6
Action
Watch any of the Transformer movies. If you hate it, +$1. If you like it, +$100 and +8 buys.

(This card's balancing is in the fact that no sane person would want to admit they like the movies.)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 07, 2015, 10:44:28 pm »

Michael Bay
$6
Action
Watch any of the Transformer movies. If you hate it, +$1. If you like it, +$100 and +8 buys.

(This card's balancing is in the fact that no sane person would want to admit they like the movies.)

Delta

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: January 08, 2015, 03:18:18 am »
+10

(Some Spoilers)

Goonies
$8
Action - Attack
All other players discard a Village. You may do the truffle shuffle. If you do, gain a Pirate Ship and a Gold.

NeverEnding Story
$4
Action - Prize
Trash a Trusty Steed. Play an Oracle from your hand. Name the Princess card.

Doctor Strangelove
$3+
Action - Reaction
If someone plays an attack card, you may reveal a Council Room. If you do, the attack is nullified. If you do not, trash a Colony and gain a Radiation.

Blair Witch
$7
Action - Attack
+4 Cards. You may shake them vigorously. If you do, gain 100,000 coin tokens on your Box Office mat. These coins are redeemable for a Paranormal Activity.

Sorcerer's Stone
$4, 1P
Action - Treasure
Gain a Young Witch and two Cultists. If you have a Rats, trade it for a Minion. When you discard this, gain a Secret Chamber.

Game of Thrones Room
$6
Action
Choose a card from your hand and play it five times. If you do, trash that card. Then gain an Advisor. Trash that Advisor. Trash a Hunting Party. Trash two Squires. Gain a Knight and trash it. Gain a Prince. Trash that Prince. Trash an Ambassador, trash several Urchins and trash all your Goons. Gain a Fortune Teller and trash another Prince. Trash a Caravan. Trash an Envoy and a Cutpurse. Gain a Noble Brigand. Trash two Spies. Trash a scout. Gain a thief. Trash the thief. Gain another thief. Trash a Mountebank. Gain all the Ruins including those in other people's decks. Insist to other players that it is the greatest card in the game, and if they don't like it they just don't get it.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 08, 2015, 12:36:11 pm »

Michael Bay
$6
Action

I've seen some really crappy ones of those but that one was pretty good!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 08, 2015, 09:33:16 pm »

Elvis vs Michael Jackson and Tesla vs Edison are probably my favorite ERBoH's.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 08, 2015, 09:39:55 pm »
+1

I just watched Psycho for the first time yesterday, so this is pretty relevant. And like, how is Spielberg considered a great director? All his movies are cliché, typical Hollywood scores, generic characters and plots that usually revolve around someone making some mistake that's so obviously wrong that it makes the movie break my suspension of disbelief (I'm looking at you moron scientists in Jurassic Park)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 08, 2015, 10:49:33 pm »

I just watched Psycho for the first time yesterday, so this is pretty relevant. And like, how is Spielberg considered a great director? All his movies are cliché, typical Hollywood scores, generic characters and plots that usually revolve around someone making some mistake that's so obviously wrong that it makes the movie break my suspension of disbelief (I'm looking at you moron scientists in Jurassic Park)

It sounds like you're just more of a fan of creative / unique / (artsy) / type film, which Spielberg isn't known for. But c'mon, just a small list of things he's directed that I would consider really great movies:

Jaws
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Hook
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
Minority Report
Catch Me If You Can
The Terminal

And that's leaving out Indiana Jones AND Close Encounters of the Third Kind, because I don't like those as much as most people do.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 282  All

Page created in 2.259 seconds with 20 queries.