Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1867087 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #3025 on: October 07, 2014, 11:34:27 am »

that could be funny, except scout is not a bad card idea, it's just too weak. plus I think it has been done before. BAD POST!  :P

silverspawn's posts > everyone else's posts
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: October 07, 2014, 11:38:25 am »
+2

... they can't all be the best post ever

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: October 07, 2014, 11:41:33 am »
+2

They can't all be the best reference ever.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:39 am »

and I don't even get the reference  :'(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3029 on: October 07, 2014, 12:51:58 pm »
+1

Explorer is fine, why do people even complain about Explorer. They can't all be the best $5 ever.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: October 07, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »

Explorer is fine, why do people even complain about Explorer. They can't all be the best $5 ever.

no, you misunderstand. I got that reference. I even knew that he was talking about explorer before everyone else.

I don't get

that reference

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3031 on: October 07, 2014, 01:04:25 pm »
+3

no, you misunderstand. I got that reference. I even knew that he was talking about explorer before everyone else.

I don't get

that reference

It's the "greater than" symbol.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 07, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »

I don't get

that reference

It's the "greater than" symbol.

the french toast

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: October 07, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »
+1

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

The cost of all cards is reduced to $0 until you play another card. Set aside your hand. Draw 4 cards, then put cards on top of your deck until there are no non-victory cards in your hand. Put the set aside cards in your hand. Trash this. Gain a card from the trash costing from $3 to $6. Put it in your hand unless you have drawn any victory cards this turn.
---------------------
The cost of this card cannot be reduced.

This seems like it's meant to play exactly like Scout, but with more tedious execution. However, it enables a mega turn in which you produce many +Buy and then play this. You play nothing else after and drain all the VP easily.  Intended loophole?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 07, 2014, 01:24:20 pm »

the passing from masq is positive utility. if it didn't have it, it'd be weaker. and 100 times better. that's how it should be. but it'd be weaker.

Perhaps, but "+2 cards. You may trash a card from your hand." is just so boring..

Edge case puzzle! Find a situation where you'd rather have that version of Masq in your hand than a real Masq. I can think of a couple...

Is this really a puzzle that needs edge cases?  You'd rather have the non-passing version any time your hand is full of good cards.

Yeah, somehow I didn't think of the obvious in-your-face situation of having all good cards in hand. The situations I were thinking of involved having a bad card that you wanted to trash, but didn't want your opponent to have. Which could happen easily with Fairgrounds, perhaps giving your opponent an Estate or Copper (or even Curse) could boost his Fairgrounds. Or even if you're just building a different deck than your opponent; you might want to trash Silver because you have a good engine; but you don't want to give your opponent Silver.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 07, 2014, 01:29:31 pm »

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

The cost of all cards is reduced to $0 until you play another card. Set aside your hand. Draw 4 cards, then put cards on top of your deck until there are no non-victory cards in your hand. Put the set aside cards in your hand. Trash this. Gain a card from the trash costing from $3 to $6. Put it in your hand unless you have drawn any victory cards this turn.
---------------------

This seems like it's meant to play exactly like Scout, but with more tedious execution. However, it enables a mega turn in which you produce many +Buy and then play this. You play nothing else after and drain all the VP easily.  Intended loophole?

It also allows you to play infinite cards on your if none of the top 4 cards of your deck are victory cards.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +468
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 07, 2014, 02:20:02 pm »

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

It also allows you to play infinite cards on your if none of the top 4 cards of your deck are victory cards.

It only allows to play itself again when it fails, doesn't it? It doesn't play any card, and doesn't draw any non-green non-Scout. There's no useful infinite-play possibility AFAICS.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 07, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »
+1

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

It only allows to play itself again when it fails, doesn't it? It doesn't play any card, and doesn't draw any non-green non-Scout. There's no useful infinite-play possibility AFAICS.

On the other hand, you can trash it with Stonemason after five highways to get two provinces.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: October 07, 2014, 11:27:05 pm »

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

Not intended, though I realized it after the fact. The original wording was "...reduced to $0 while this is in play." That would have prevented the megaturn but meant you could bring other stuff from the trash. I changed the wording but forgot about closing up that loophole.

Yeah, the intention was tedious scout. Well, the original intention was complex do-nothing card, but close enough. There were several other interactions that worked differently than scout (Better for philosopher's stone! Worse for horn of plenty!) but I didn't mind those.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: October 08, 2014, 12:18:29 am »

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

No, no useful infinite-play. But still infinite play, of the same card as many times as you want.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: October 08, 2014, 05:33:58 am »

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

No, no useful infinite-play. But still infinite play, of the same card as many times as you want.

Yes, but it's no more of a problem than revealing Moat or Secret Chamber infinitely often. And unlike Secret Chamber, it never makes sense to play the same Hellscout more than once, since you always draw and return the same four cards (unless you messed up the ordering of the four returned cards at the first time).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3041 on: October 08, 2014, 06:05:34 am »
+2

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

You don't even need a mega turn, "gain a Province and end your turn" for $4 is extremely good on its own.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: October 08, 2014, 07:21:29 am »
+1

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

You don't even need a mega turn, "gain a Province and end your turn" for $4 is extremely good on its own.

Right. But if you take the first sentence literally, the price of all cards will cost $0 until your next turn starts (at the least), allowing your opponents to play their next turn normally and still gain/buy Provinces (or any other non-Hellscout card) for $0. Therefore you should usually play another card after Hellscout to prevent this, unless you're sure the opponents won't get more Provinces out of it than you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: October 08, 2014, 07:26:45 am »
+6

Long Conversation - Action - Victory - 0$
I didn't read it
---
Worth 0 VP

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: October 08, 2014, 08:19:50 am »

Long Conversation - Action - Victory - 0$
I didn't read it
---
Worth 0 VP
Subtle. I like it!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

The clause does mean that Hellscout whiffs less often if you combo with draw cards. Play Hellscout. If it whiffs, play a couple Peddlers or a Lab or Village-Smithy.  Now try Hellscout again.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: October 08, 2014, 06:45:41 pm »
+1

Hellscout

Action - $4

+1 Action

---------------------

The clause does mean that Hellscout whiffs less often if you combo with draw cards. Play Hellscout. If it whiffs, play a couple Peddlers or a Lab or Village-Smithy.  Now try Hellscout again.

Making it the perfect fix for Scout!

Clearly the next edition of Dominion should be errata'd to include:

(Hell)Scout

Action - $4

+1 Action

The cost of all cards is reduced to $0 until this card is finished resolving. Set aside your hand. Draw 4 cards, then put cards on top of your deck until there are no non-victory cards in your hand. Put the set aside cards in your hand. Trash this. Gain a card from the trash costing from $3 to $6. Put it in your hand unless you have drawn any victory cards this turn.
---------------------

(Contributing designer: Dsell)
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: October 08, 2014, 07:49:34 pm »
+4

Pyrrhus - $0
Victory
Worth 0VP
---
When you gain this, the game ends and you win. Burn all of your Dominion cards.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: October 08, 2014, 07:55:32 pm »
+3

Pyrrhus - $0
Victory
Worth 0VP
---

Hmm I'm interested in this card. I'll come over to your house and lets playtest it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: October 08, 2014, 10:55:38 pm »
+4

Pyrrhus - $0
Victory
Worth 0VP
---

Hmm I'm interested in this card. I'll come over to your house and lets playtest it.
Sure thing. Remember to bring your Dominion set, my copy is ... uh ... getting its nails done.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 282  All

Page created in 3.197 seconds with 21 queries.