Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84465 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #325 on: August 25, 2014, 04:31:07 pm »

Wait, why was everyone going crazy over the Paladin challenge? It was super easy. I think people understood you should be buffing ALL the oozes instead of just playing them because you have so many cards that synergise. Knife Jugglers, Cult master, the buffs, just that fact that it's pretty good stats anyway for a 2mana card.

The deck only had 2 buff cards (1 Blessing of Kings, 1 Blessing of Might), and Argent Protector on just the 1/2 isn't the greatest. So, you definitely had to play Ooze by itself sometimes, which isn't that great.

My main complaints with the challenge was:
1. All your minions are small. Your largest minion was Black Knight. So, when KT starts playing bigger creatures, you're forced to 2 for 1 very often.
2. No Consecration/AoE spells to deal with the loss of card advantage. No Truesilver either. Basically, very little 2 for 1 cards in your own deck.
3. KT does have AoE (Twisting Nether) to get easy card advantage wins.

So, you only win by getting good card draw off your Divine Favors, drawing your 1x Cult Master at the right time to get more cards, and/or getting Avenge to trigger so that you actually have a big minion to play. The other challenges at least had fun, silly gimmicks - the Paladin challenge is about having an awful deck and forcing you to win with it anyways.

I guess I got really lucky? Kel Thuzad never player Twisting Nether on either the challenge or normal mode. Not saying it was the most fun of the challenges, but it wasn't crazy hard. Also, the rogue challenge was like, just minions. You had no spells that make rogue a unique class. So I'd argue these two are the worst challenges.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 25, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

All the class challenges are about decks that use the class card. So, the Rogue challenge is about using the self-sap on Ambusher death to good effect. The Mage challenge is a secret deck with Duplicate shenanigans, Shaman is about Reincarnate tricks...Paladin is a deck that has Avenge in it. I think more token producing minions (like Murloc Tidehunter, Razorleaf Hunter, Silver Hand Knight) would have made it better.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 25, 2014, 06:58:35 pm »

All the class challenges are about decks that use the class card. So, the Rogue challenge is about using the self-sap on Ambusher death to good effect. The Mage challenge is a secret deck with Duplicate shenanigans, Shaman is about Reincarnate tricks...Paladin is a deck that has Avenge in it. I think more token producing minions (like Murloc Tidehunter, Razorleaf Hunter, Silver Hand Knight) would have made it better.

More token minions just get Blizzarded.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 25, 2014, 09:12:23 pm »

Token minions early trigger Avenge, token minions late buff the creature that doesn't die to the Blizzard. I was thinking more about ways to make an Avenge focused deck. Make a deck with lots of token generation, or sticky minions like Harvest Golem, so that you'll actually have something to buff.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 25, 2014, 09:21:56 pm »

Token minions early trigger Avenge, token minions late buff the creature that doesn't die to the Blizzard. I was thinking more about ways to make an Avenge focused deck. Make a deck with lots of token generation, or sticky minions like Harvest Golem, so that you'll actually have something to buff.

Ah, I see.  Yes, that would make more sense.

I think the problem is that trying to build a deck "around" Avenge just gives you a shitty deck, because it's a shitty card.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 25, 2014, 09:34:29 pm »

Ah, I see.  Yes, that would make more sense.

I think the problem is that trying to build a deck "around" Avenge just gives you a shitty deck, because it's a shitty card.

I don't think it's that bad. You don't build a deck around it, but if you want to fill a slot with a secret that's not Noble Sacrifice, I'd pick avenge.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't trigger if all your minions die to AoE, which is really nice since it won't waste itself.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:39 am »
+1

After a week of vacation, I finally got the last 700 gold needed to open the last wing of Naxxramas. I've succeeded in not spending a cent in game for Naxx, or Hearthstone as a whole. Woohoo!

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2014, 11:41:54 am »
+1

After a week of vacation, I finally got the last 700 gold needed to open the last wing of Naxxramas. I've succeeded in not spending a cent in game for Naxx, or Hearthstone as a whole. Woohoo!

Me too. I can finally go back to doing mediocre arena runs and buying packs.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2014, 12:36:29 pm »

After doing all but the last one I decided I missed opening packs and decided to open up a few packs instead of finishing Naxx immediately. There were a few cards I wanted dust to craft to touch up some of my decks that I'd been holding off on because I was saving for Naxx.

That last wing will still be there, and I don't have any immediate plans for the last 4 cards. Though Kel'Thuzad looks pretty strong and the Ooze and the Shade seem situationally useful.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2014, 12:58:13 pm »

After doing all but the last one I decided I missed opening packs and decided to open up a few packs instead of finishing Naxx immediately. There were a few cards I wanted dust to craft to touch up some of my decks that I'd been holding off on because I was saving for Naxx.

That last wing will still be there, and I don't have any immediate plans for the last 4 cards. Though Kel'Thuzad looks pretty strong and the Ooze and the Shade seem situationally useful.

I actually did that once or twice during nax. I haven't seen ooze at all in constructed, but I've seen shade twice. I think it's good, I've seen Druid use it and it seems like a good card to fi that kind of curve and pacing.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:05 pm »

I actually did that once or twice during nax. I haven't seen ooze at all in constructed, but I've seen shade twice. I think it's good, I've seen Druid use it and it seems like a good card to fi that kind of curve and pacing.
Someone used the Ooze + Blessing of Kings combo on me in constructed. It was deadly.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 28, 2014, 01:13:34 pm »

Someone used the Ooze + Blessing of Kings combo on me in constructed. It was deadly.

Someone did that to me in casual. Zoo just doesn't care if thy have even a semi reasonable board or soulfire or doomguard

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

I actually used it in zoo for some time, before dropping in favor of faster, deathrattlier and more face zoo I playing now - http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/95475-undertaker-zoo

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 28, 2014, 02:26:45 pm »

I actually used it in zoo for some time, before dropping in favor of faster, deathrattlier and more face zoo I playing now - http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/95475-undertaker-zoo

I got to legend with a less face oriented deck. No Leper Gnomes,  -1 DID, -1 owl, +2 Flame Imps and +2 Zombie Chow. My feelings with Zombie Chow are mixed in zoo, just because they are very bad late game, along with Flame Imps, which can lead to a late game with no good drops since that's 4 cards that are bad late game. However, they are so good turn 1. better than Flame Imp for sure, and the draw back is non-existent.

Plus these hunters with freeze trap now are just so easy. They play Mad Scientist, and it gives me a free freeze trap to eat with my low cost minions. And I get to buff undertakers again!

EDIT: here is my deck:http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/96704-legend-nax-zoo It's vital you get an early 1 drop. I never drop abusive with using it's buff. This deck has enough 1 drops that you can reliably get one turn 1. I don't play undertaker unless i can buff then, or it's turn 1 and I need to drop a minion. Chow, Imp and Voidwalker and the best for turn 1. You can get insane value from a well placed Knife juggler, and I don't find I need more ways to activate Egg. AoE from your opponent is enough. The Mortal Coils can be replaced I guess, but I felt that I needed the extra sifting to match up Undertakers, and to find Doomguards and Soulfires.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:42:09 pm by KingZog3 »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 28, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »
+1

I paid for all but the first wing if naxxramas. I am certainly not unwilling to grind and I love F2P but I like the game so much I wanted to support it in some way. I must be getting old. I still refuse to pay for cards though. I would consider paying money for a future expansion as well.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2014, 10:19:09 am »

So much time spent on just getting a card back, but whatever. Beating all the heroic bosses was its own reward.

Sapphiron was ridiculous. The only heroic boss where I really had to give in and netdeck.
I used this deck:http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/93542-budget-mage-for-heroic-sapphiron
I was down a Blizzard, and used a Counterspell in its place. Counterspell is quite good here. Either it blocks the 8-damage to the face spell, effectively acting as a third Ice Barrier, or it nullifies a freezing spell, letting an extra Thaddius get a shot off.

Against Kel'thuzad I used a control Paladin, like Titandrake, but maybe not. I added Kel'thuzad in there, which allowed me to have a huge board presence to take him down way before fatigue started. A Guardian of Kings saved me at some point.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 11, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »

So Kelthuzad respawns things like Undertaker WITH the bonus on them. That's really sweet. And Reincarnate Kelthuzad is so much fun.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 11, 2014, 06:52:20 pm »

So Kelthuzad respawns things like Undertaker WITH the bonus on them. That's really sweet. And Reincarnate Kelthuzad is so much fun.
Huh? You mean it respawns the minions with their ability text right? Buffs that the minion received don't transfer over to the respawned minion.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:04 pm »

Huh? You mean it respawns the minions with their ability text right? Buffs that the minion received don't transfer over to the respawned minion.

From what I could tell, my undertaker still ha an extra 1/1 when he came back.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2014, 07:37:54 pm »

It doesn't. Maybe it also came back with a deathrattler.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:48 pm »

It doesn't. Maybe it also came back with a deathrattler.

It's possible it came back with an Egg. it didn't make sense to me, but it looked like it did.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]  All

Page created in 2.117 seconds with 21 queries.