Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84416 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

Finally got to unlock the plague wing this morning. Here are the strategies I used for the heroic bosses.

Noth: This guy runs a ton of card draw so I used a Druid mill sort of deck. It worked, despite me putting in taunts, which is a really bad idea since Noth can get duplicated Black Knights. IIRC it needed a couple tries though, so a tauntless deck would probably work better.

Heigan: Heigan gives you cards, so I ran a low-curve Hunter deck with some favourable deathrattles for the easiest win of the wing.

Loatheb (hard!): I'm not sure it's possible to beat this guy with any deck if he gets good early draws, like turn 1 Deathcharger-Coin-Deathcharger. Anyway, I ran something that looks a little like the early game of a Control Warrior, mixed with cheap taunts (Goldshire Footman, Shieldbearer), Doomsayer, Molten Giants. The idea is that if I can get double Armorsmith on the board, it buys me enough time to stabilize, and then Armor Up keeps me alive long enough to burn down all of Loatheb's 99 health. It took several tries for everything to work out.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2014, 02:07:16 pm »

Beat the heroics but took quite a bit of luck.

Noth: Druid with lots of removal and healing. I innervated Ironbark Protector turn 6 and managed to protect it for a couple turns - seems like Noth doesn't play 6 mana kill non-Skeletal if you only have 1 creature -  so I got most of my damage in from that. Then I managed to race him down with direct damage (Druid of the Claw + Starfire) before I died.

Heigan: I managed to win with Zoo, abused Argent Squire + Harvest Golem to make my board sticky. Some luck involved - I Soulfired the Voidcaller turn 1 and it summoned a Blood Imp, so I had some time.

Loatheb: Priest deck. Mulliganed into Shadow Word: Pain to kill Fen Creeper. High toughness creatures protected from Sporeburst, used hero power to save creatures and heal self. Northshire gave me enough draw to draw into the removal I needed to maintain board and win.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2014, 02:47:46 pm »

Finally got to unlock the plague wing this morning. Here are the strategies I used for the heroic bosses.

Noth: This guy runs a ton of card draw so I used a Druid mill sort of deck. It worked, despite me putting in taunts, which is a really bad idea since Noth can get duplicated Black Knights. IIRC it needed a couple tries though, so a tauntless deck would probably work better.

Heigan: Heigan gives you cards, so I ran a low-curve Hunter deck with some favourable deathrattles for the easiest win of the wing.

Loatheb (hard!): I'm not sure it's possible to beat this guy with any deck if he gets good early draws, like turn 1 Deathcharger-Coin-Deathcharger. Anyway, I ran something that looks a little like the early game of a Control Warrior, mixed with cheap taunts (Goldshire Footman, Shieldbearer), Doomsayer, Molten Giants. The idea is that if I can get double Armorsmith on the board, it buys me enough time to stabilize, and then Armor Up keeps me alive long enough to burn down all of Loatheb's 99 health. It took several tries for everything to work out.

This is also how I beat Noth. But Heigan I've actually been having trouble with. Either he demon fires up and kills me turn 5, or I can almost stabalize but he RNG's out 6/6's with Bane of Doom.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2014, 07:41:42 am »

Facing a druid with golden Haunted Creepers...had to craft them.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2014, 11:19:29 am »

Did he have a good deck? Because otherwise he's just wasting his dust.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:14 am »

I just don't understand why people care about the golden cards at all.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:55 am »

I don't care about goldens, but if I have them I put them in my deck. I'll readily disenchant them if I need dust for something else though. Also, if you already own every card, or all the useful ones, you have nothing much to do with your dust and you can craft goldens.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2014, 11:28:10 am »
+1

They're cool. I will never dust a golden card ever. It's just an aesthetic thing but I really do like having them.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2014, 11:40:49 am »

What's really cool is golden Thoughsteal because all the cards you draw from it also become golden. It tips off your opponent as to what cards were acquired through thoughtsteal in case it's ambiguous but it's worth it if you like golden cards.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »

It would be neat if beating heroic mode would unlock the ability to find golden Naxx cards in packs or something like that.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2014, 12:27:21 pm »

They're getting tougher week on week- marginally smarter too. The powers are better still imo on the whole.
Suspect they are using our desire to stick with the previous weeks solutions against us, or I'm just sucking trying the Priest against the first Heroic guy.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2014, 12:30:45 pm »

They're getting tougher week on week- marginally smarter too. The powers are better still imo on the whole.
Suspect they are using our desire to stick with the previous weeks solutions against us, or I'm just sucking trying the Priest against the first Heroic guy.

I already beat Razuvious and the horsemen on heroic. I used priest for both. The first on took me couple tries, but essentially I built a gimmicky Inner Fire deck, and waited till it worked on the 0/7's they give you. The rest of the deck was loaded with taunts, Oozes and the Pirate that degrades weapons. The Horsemen are a joke. SW:Pain, Cabal, healing, Oozes. Also they have no minions in their deck, so Death Lord is good against them.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2014, 05:33:06 pm »

So Spectral Knight (the big Faerie Dragon) feels as great as expected.  He's just a sticky big minion who trades well.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2014, 05:54:16 pm »

I already beat Razuvious and the horsemen on heroic. I used priest for both. The first on took me couple tries, but essentially I built a gimmicky Inner Fire deck, and waited till it worked on the 0/7's they give you. The rest of the deck was loaded with taunts, Oozes and the Pirate that degrades weapons. The Horsemen are a joke. SW:Pain, Cabal, healing, Oozes. Also they have no minions in their deck, so Death Lord is good against them.

Think it was me being bad and not having the right rub of the green. I went back in after doing the Horsemen- completely easy I suspect unless you hit a bunch of redemptions and avenges I suspect or no SWP. Then went agains the first guy again and didn't got chopped up and managed eventually to get to stick a big taunt guy.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2014, 05:59:12 pm »

Also note that Poisoning seeds do work vs horsemen

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2014, 06:56:06 pm »

Also note that Poisoning seeds do work vs horsemen

I wanted to cabal shadow priest them. I feel they could have been tougher on heroic. Like 3/7 instead of just 2/7.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2014, 08:32:37 pm »

Cabal Shadow Priest was a card I tried, but ended up cutting in that encounter.  Anything I stole would get removed, and I wanted to keep at least one knight in play to make sure his weapon didn't get insanely big.

The key for me was drawing multiple shadow word pains early.. if you can do that, it's a pretty simple encounter.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2014, 08:51:20 pm »

Cabal Shadow Priest was a card I tried, but ended up cutting in that encounter.  Anything I stole would get removed, and I wanted to keep at least one knight in play to make sure his weapon didn't get insanely big.

The key for me was drawing multiple shadow word pains early.. if you can do that, it's a pretty simple encounter.

He'll play weapons before they are all dead, and iclude oozes to counter the weapons.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »

Dancing Swords...good?  Seems to compare to Mukla.

3 mana for a 4/4, give your opponent a card at removal.  Nonbo with the Baron.

Mukla is 3 mana for a 5/5, give your opponent two +1/+1 cards.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2014, 09:54:35 pm »

Dang, man. I just beat the 3 Military Quarter bosses on Heroic, but wow did I get lucky.

For Razuvious I basically did what KingZog3 did. I ended up using Death lords too. Hilariousness ensued when the deathrattle summoned that unit that kills its adjacent allies on death. Consider Spectral knight?

For the Harvester guy, I won with UTH style Hunter? I dunno, things got crazy when 3 Abominations died in one turn. I once again ended up with a buffed Scavenging Hyena that won it for me. I can't believe I was able to beat this guy with the cards I had.

4 Horsemen, meh I was trying something similar to what Zog did. I actually wanted to try using Mass Dispel on the Horsemen (not really recommended). Alas, the 2 Horsemen that didn't die to SW:P suicided on my inner-fired Divine Spirit Sunwalker before I could play a good mass Dispel on them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:32:55 pm by markusin »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »

4 Horsemen, meh I was trying something similar to what Zog did. I actually wanted to try using Mass Dispel on the Horsemen (not really recommended). Alas, the 2 Horsemen that didn't die to SW:P suicided on my inner-fired Sunwalker before I could play a good mass Dispel on them.

Given that, apparently, Equality and Doomsayer are countered against Heroic 4H, much as Alexstrasza was for H Loatheb, it wouldn't surprise me if that wouldn't have worked anyway.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2014, 10:16:58 pm »

I think it's not even close to as good. The difference between 4/4 and 5/5 is huge, and 2 Bananas are probably worse than an average card from your opponent's deck.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »

I think it's not even close to as good. The difference between 4/4 and 5/5 is huge, and 2 Bananas are probably worse than an average card from your opponent's deck.

You are right, but one is a common and the other is a legendary.  There should be something that sets them apart.  I feel like they play the same role, is all.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2014, 10:27:34 pm »
+1

You are right, but one is a common and the other is a legendary.  There should be something that sets them apart.  I feel like they play the same role, is all.

I think the role of Dancing Swords is sitting unused in your collection. At 4 health, it's too easy for it to get blown out by stuff like Soulfire, Eviscerate, Backstab+SI:7, etc... You're giving up a whole card to get 1 more health than an Injured Blademaster.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2014, 11:15:10 pm »

The role of dancing swords is clearly to combo with baron rivendere, coldlight, and mukla to burn a ton of the opponent's cards.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  All

Page created in 1.396 seconds with 21 queries.