Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84504 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37:25 am »

The thing about Bestial Wrath is that it's rare that you meet all the conditions to get the full value from it. It's usually either an Abusive Sergeant or a Hand of Protection for 1 mana more, which is fine, but not great. It's kind of how Starfall is Fireball/Consecration. Anyway, it's not like it's terrible or something, but the problem is there's enough cards that are better than it that you usually don't want to run one.
Thanks for the analysis. I'll keep this in mind. It really depends on what I start encountering as I go further up the ladder.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2014, 04:29:39 am »

All easy again...Loatheb is funny and fun.  Enjoy the spores.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2014, 04:30:11 am »

Mage/Hunter are the next two classes.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2014, 08:04:33 am »

These heroic bosses seem way easier than the first batch were. The hardest part of this wing for me was the hunter challenge, which was very random.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2014, 09:51:58 am »

I was highly amused by the hunter challenge "deck."  It did take me two tries though due to all the randomness.  "Your Webspinner was killed.  Here's... another Webspinner!"

The spores thing is what makes the WOW Loatheb fight fun... huge damage and every hit is a crit, once you have the buff.

And you haven't truly played WOW until you've done Heigan's safety dance.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2014, 11:24:07 am »

These heroic bosses seem way easier than the first batch were. The hardest part of this wing for me was the hunter challenge, which was very random.

I beat the hunter challenge first try. But I disagree that the heroic bosses are easier this wing. Sure, Freeze mage beats almost any of the bosses, but if you don't have freeze mage it may not be so easy. They are puzzles and once you know the answer they all seem easy.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2014, 10:59:37 am »
+1

So pissed at the purchase bugs.  I can't get into the wing, and I also can't play arena because of the transaction pending window blocking arena.  So i can only play play mode, where everyone but me gets to use Loatheb
Lame

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

So pissed at the purchase bugs.  I can't get into the wing, and I also can't play arena because of the transaction pending window blocking arena.  So i can only play play mode, where everyone but me gets to use Loatheb
Lame

I'm not sure I'd really want to play Loatheb.  He seems... underwhelming.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2014, 12:25:26 pm »

Lame

He still has decent stats and is hard to remove the turn he is played, but then so is Tiger. I guess Loatheb really needs to make good use of the mana cost increase effect to get his full worth.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2014, 12:27:55 pm »

I ended up getting into the new area by logging out in the middle of authorization. When I came back, the shop was marked as "Shop Closed", but when I clicked the shop the buying went through.

You could check https://us.battle.net/account/management/order-detail.html?rId=1&oId=172001006, check if your payment failed or is marked as complete.

Loatheb is basically a really, really good meta card that has good stats, which makes it a bit ridiculous. Buys you a turn against Miracle Rogue. Stops Freeze Mage for a turn. Hits Druid pretty badly as well, and in general makes board clear useless. It's all only for one turn, but you still get a 5/5 out of it too.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »

Lame

He still has decent stats and is hard to remove the turn he is played, but then so is Tiger. I guess Loatheb really needs to make good use of the mana cost increase effect to get his full worth.

Yeah, you basically have to know that your opponent is getting ready to cast a spell next turn.  Otherwise Tiger is better... and it's not exactly a high-rank card.  Azure Drake, Faceless, Venture all at 5...

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »

I ended up getting into the new area by logging out in the middle of authorization. When I came back, the shop was marked as "Shop Closed", but when I clicked the shop the buying went through.

You could check https://us.battle.net/account/management/order-detail.html?rId=1&oId=172001006, check if your payment failed or is marked as complete.

Loatheb is basically a really, really good meta card that has good stats, which makes it a bit ridiculous. Buys you a turn against Miracle Rogue. Stops Freeze Mage for a turn. Hits Druid pretty badly as well, and in general makes board clear useless. It's all only for one turn, but you still get a 5/5 out of it too.
Yeah Loatheb looks quite useful in the current meta, and against zoo-like decks is still a decent body. A 1-turn delay in Hearthstone is a pretty big deal. But there's still other stuff you could do for 5 mana, as Kirian mentions. The benefit might be less consistent in Arena.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »

He's already seeing play in Handlock builds.

Here's the thing: My usual plan with my Backlight rogue is to deal as much damage as possible with chargers and other creatures cuz once he taunts up it's quite hard to get through, so I save direct damage spells (Eviscerate, Lava Spike, Flurry, SI7) for that last chunk of damage. Than he drops Loethb on me and .. yeah.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »
+1

I am getting absolutely pwned by Heroic Loatheb

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2014, 08:38:34 pm »

Lame
I'm in the same state. You can get into arena by hitting "Back" on the "Waiting for Authorization" thing, then very quickly clicking the "150 gold" option for payment. (Spam where you know it will appear.) You'll get kicked back to the main menu, but the next time you go in, you'll be able to pick a class.

As far as the Plague Quarter goes, at least it supposedly works if you do manage to get in. That's better than the Goko launch...

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »

I am getting absolutely pwned by Heroic Loatheb

Still stuck on it too. The boss AI likes to draw the best card it can, which gets really annoying - you want lots of small creatures to get buffed from Spore, but then he drops the 1/3 taunt that does 1 damage to everything on death, so you want things with at least 2 health. But if you play too many, he'll just play Poison seeds instead after Spore buffs, and you run out of steam before dying to the Hero Power.

Also having trouble with the first heroic boss, but I haven't tried making a specific counter-deck yet.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:04 pm »

Noth is the only boss I beat heroi so far. I played few minions, and used druid healing and naturalise to kill him on fatigue.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2014, 12:19:19 am »
+1

I managed to beat the three bosses on Heroic. Hooray! I didn't think I'd be able to do it so promptly.

Used a weapon-y Warrior for the Noth and Priest for the other two. I made use of the gargoyle against Heigen once I got board control and the the Divine Spirit (health doubler) to help me get that board control. Against loatheb, Lightwell kept me alive long enough to SW:Pain the starting Creeper. A few good taunts with health boosters, maybe mind control tech, and you can maybe get board control fast enough use the spores before dying to the hero power. Being able to heal yourself can really slow down Loatheb's onslaught.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2014, 06:24:02 am »

I managed to beat the three bosses on Heroic. Hooray! I didn't think I'd be able to do it so promptly.

Used a weapon-y Warrior for the Noth and Priest for the other two. I made use of the gargoyle against Heigen once I got board control and the the Divine Spirit (health doubler) to help me get that board control. Against loatheb, Lightwell kept me alive long enough to SW:Pain the starting Creeper. A few good taunts with health boosters, maybe mind control tech, and you can maybe get board control fast enough use the spores before dying to the hero power. Being able to heal yourself can really slow down Loatheb's onslaught.

Good shout-I went back to the custom Priest deck I had briefly tried before many attempts with Freeze Mage. You have to mulligan into the SWP really and cheap taunts, but yeah the health of the lightwell can keep you alive to get a couple of beasts up- used Divine Spirit on big health things/taunts, bit of luck but yeah much more doable than Freeze Mage. Freeze Mage/Miracle rogue does the other ones fairly easily- just don't play any minions lol

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2014, 11:06:22 am »

So, Sludge Belcher:
http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Sludge_Belcher#section_7

Depending on how you look at it, it's a Sen'jin variant or a Fen Creeper variant. This provides a source of taunt that's hard to remove. Simply using Fireball or board wipe still leaves a Goldshire Footman. Sounds good on paper. Looks strong in Arena.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2014, 11:13:12 am »

So, Sludge Belcher:

Depending on how you look at it, it's a Sen'jin variant or a Fen Creeper variant. This provides a source of taunt that's hard to remove. Simply using Fireball or board wipe still leaves a Goldshire Footman. Sounds good on paper. Looks strong in Arena.

My experience from using it so far is that it's pretty underwhelming. His stats are ok, but the free goldshire footman is really weak. Sure it's an extra taunt, but often it doesn't matter much. Yeah, sometimes that frog from a hex is just enough taunt to keep board control for your opponent, but most of the time it's useless, same as a 1/2 taunt.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2014, 12:14:59 pm »

So, Sludge Belcher:

My experience from using it so far is that it's pretty underwhelming. His stats are ok, but the free goldshire footman is really weak. Sure it's an extra taunt, but often it doesn't matter much. Yeah, sometimes that frog from a hex is just enough taunt to keep board control for your opponent, but most of the time it's useless, same as a 1/2 taunt.
I'm not entirely convinced here. I'm more looking at how it prevents your opponent from attacking face. Compare with Sunwalker. Ignoring Silences and Blood Knight, it takes a minimum of 2 hits or 1 removal spell to completely remove Sunwalker. It also takes 2 hits to completely remove Belcher and it's slime together, and even a bit more than 1 removal. Sunwalker's 4 Attack allows it to retaliate much better, but they're almost equivalent when it comes to delaying your opponent's offensive on your other non-taunt stuff and your face. Against an assault of hounds, they'll  provide equal amount of defense if the hounds don't have health buffs. This leads me to expect Belcher to perform well against aggro decks, whose minions succumb to 3 Attack minions often enough.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »

^It is tough to remove, but it doesn't trade well. That makes it worse in arena as compared to constructed since face decks aren't as much of a thing in arena.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2014, 12:23:21 pm »

^It is tough to remove, but it doesn't trade well. That makes it worse in arena as compared to constructed since face decks aren't as much of a thing in arena.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm just thinking of how cards that perform well on their own are relatively better in arena.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2014, 09:52:00 pm »

Darnit. The "Waiting for Authorization" swirl was gone, so I had hope, but then I tried to buy it and it got stuck again. Here's hoping I get to play it sometime this weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Page created in 2.758 seconds with 21 queries.