Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84408 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2014, 02:05:53 pm »

Not sure if bug, but this can happen now:

He has 0/1 Nerub egg, you have two Knife Jugglers.
You play a minion, both Jugglers hit Nerub Egg (wasting 1 damage, essentially).
I am pretty sure that's not how it worked with Harvest Golem.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:36 pm »

I think people are too harsh on "more win" cards, as if as soon as you get a lead you don't need to do anything more and you're guaranteed to win.  Board flips happen.  You need "more win" cards to make board flips harder and cement your advantage.  It's just as important to convert your advantage into a win, as it is to grab that advantage in the first place.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2014, 02:24:11 pm »

Legendaries aren't that unusual in arena drafts. Obviously you don't play around them, but having a ranking of draft goodness is important.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2014, 02:24:43 pm »

Am I only one experiencing heavy lag ATM?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2014, 02:49:05 pm »

I think people are too harsh on "more win" cards, as if as soon as you get a lead you don't need to do anything more and you're guaranteed to win.  Board flips happen.  You need "more win" cards to make board flips harder and cement your advantage.  It's just as important to convert your advantage into a win, as it is to grab that advantage in the first place.
Win more cards like Cairne Bloodhoof, who offers poor stabilization on incoming damage but makes your board hard to flip, are good.  That isn't what kelthuz does, he takes a winning board that is vulnerable to molten shadowflame and turns it into a winning board that is still vulnerable to molten shadowflame.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »

Playing against these Deathrattle-heavy decks feels like playing Dark Ages. Lots of interactions to think through.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

Win more cards like Cairne Bloodhoof, who offers poor stabilization on incoming damage but makes your board hard to flip, are good.  That isn't what kelthuz does, he takes a winning board that is vulnerable to molten shadowflame and turns it into a winning board that is still vulnerable to molten shadowflame.
This is why, when I think of Kel'Thuzad, I immediately think of those control shaman that cast ancestral healing on Earth Elementals. Anything short of opposing board wipes is going to have a terrible time dealing with the Shaman (cue Poison seeds).

It's unfortunate that I won't have much time to play Naxx for the next few days.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2014, 04:52:45 pm »

This is why, when I think of Kel'Thuzad, I immediately think of those control shaman that cast ancestral healing on Earth Elementals. Anything short of opposing board wipes is going to have a terrible time dealing with the Shaman (cue Poison seeds).

It's unfortunate that I won't have much time to play Naxx for the next few days.

Well, I've only had time to do one fight, but if it's any indication, you likely won't need to spend very long playing out the first week.  The fight wasn't particularly close.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »

Yeah, first 3 missions are easy-peasy, esp if you play with heavy minion deck.
Class missions are harder cuz you get a crappy deck.

I managed to beat 3 regular missions and 2 class ones (I lost one) before it crashed.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2014, 05:42:41 pm »

I managed to beat 3 regular missions and 2 class ones (I lost one) before it crashed.
I'm hoping the issues stabilize after a few days.

Do Missions count towards daily quests?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

I'm hoping the issues stabilize after a few days.

Do Missions count towards daily quests?

Nope.  Only Arena or Play modes.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2014, 06:13:55 pm »

I've done the 3 main ones, the class ones and one heroic. The heroic ones are insane. Opoonents have 45hp. First guy's power now summons 4/4's, and some his cards are better. The second one's power now costs 1mana and those acolytes are now 3/4's and give 3 attack to the hero. The third one has a 0 mana, return two minions to your opponent's hand, and starts with 2 haunted spiders. Second boss still easy is beaten by zoolock. The first one I'm told fell to Handlock, and the third I think will be weakest agaisnt Freeze mage.

Also, my impressions of the new cards are that Egg is the most useful. Haunted spider I can see maybe putting in an aggro paladin deck, but I don't think it's very valuable. The Battlecries cost more one seems fairly weak. I mean, what are you trying to counter with it? Chances are you have battlecry minions too, because they are some of the best ones (argus, SSC, Fire Elemental). Maexanna seems ok, but at 6 mana it better be killing Yetis and Drakes. If it's killing anything with 8 attack then it's no better than Cobra. I guess if you can buff it I guess it's great. Haven't tried it out yet though.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2014, 06:58:16 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but the adventures were are super laggy for me right now. Like, there's 10 seconds between each move. Maybe there's too much traffic? I'll have to come back to this later.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »

Murloc rushed through the easy ones (I needed to try the last one twice) and did the lass challenges (are there only 2 of these?).

The heroic mode sure sounds very hard.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2014, 08:35:52 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but the adventures were are super laggy for me right now. Like, there's 10 seconds between each move. Maybe there's too much traffic? I'll have to come back to this later.

Yeah, same for me... I'm sure it's from the traffic.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »

Murloc rushed through the easy ones (I needed to try the last one twice) and did the lass challenges (are there only 2 of these?).

The heroic mode sure sounds very hard.

I think it's 2 classes per wing

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:50 pm »

I've done the 3 main ones, the class ones and one heroic. The heroic ones are insane. Opoonents have 45hp. First guy's power now summons 4/4's, and some his cards are better. The second one's power now costs 1mana and those acolytes are now 3/4's and give 3 attack to the hero. The third one has a 0 mana, return two minions to your opponent's hand, and starts with 2 haunted spiders. Second boss still easy is beaten by zoolock. The first one I'm told fell to Handlock, and the third I think will be weakest agaisnt Freeze mage.

Also, my impressions of the new cards are that Egg is the most useful. Haunted spider I can see maybe putting in an aggro paladin deck, but I don't think it's very valuable. The Battlecries cost more one seems fairly weak. I mean, what are you trying to counter with it? Chances are you have battlecry minions too, because they are some of the best ones (argus, SSC, Fire Elemental). Maexanna seems ok, but at 6 mana it better be killing Yetis and Drakes. If it's killing anything with 8 attack then it's no better than Cobra. I guess if you can buff it I guess it's great. Haven't tried it out yet though.

The battlecry is a good effect against freeze mage... cast it the turn they were planning on casting Alexstraza, and they suddenly cannot anymore.  I don't think it's nearly good enough, though.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2014, 11:29:04 pm »

So the adventures are super easy as is the class challenges, but Heroic mode is nuts. Do you get anything from beating it? I beat Grand Widow Faerlina (who I think is probably the easiest), but there wasn't any reward. Do you get any cards/rewards for beating them or just the prestige of bragging about it?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2014, 11:30:04 pm »

Grand Widow is the 2nd one for reference (I beat her with a Warrior Enrage Control Deck).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »

Could Ooze guy be abused? Like, with Paladin's +4/+4 or similar.

Egg is ok, it can make awkward situations for opponent.
Rogue card surprsingly bad, at least in adventures. 2/8 guy damn hard to get rid of.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:32:42 pm by Grujah »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2014, 11:33:09 pm »

So the adventures are super easy as is the class challenges, but Heroic mode is nuts. Do you get anything from beating it? I beat Grand Widow Faerlina (who I think is probably the easiest), but there wasn't any reward. Do you get any cards/rewards for beating them or just the prestige of bragging about it?

Maybe Golden stuff?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »

If you beat every single boss, from all 5 wings, you get a card back.

I also can't craft a Golden Maexxa.  Not that I really want to, but the options not there for me, and I'm not sure why.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:35 am »
+1

I just finished all of the bosses on heroic... the last boss was the most fun, the deck I beat him with was pretty goofy.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

Does everybody get same class challenges in each wing?

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:58 am »

I just finished all of the bosses on heroic... the last boss was the most fun, the deck I beat him with was pretty goofy.
Yep, last heroic boss was the most fun because her power is so weird. At first I tried to build a deck stuffed with charge minions, but it really doesn't work because she kills you before you can burn down her 45HP. Eventually I settled on a low-curve Shaman deck, because getting your totems bounced to hand is OK. MC Tech was a star as well, grabbing some great cards.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14  All

Page created in 1.375 seconds with 21 queries.