Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84492 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 11:58:59 pm »

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/490179226201382912/photo/1

Dat anti-Miracle.

Really ought to be "Your opponent may only cause any healing once during the rest of the game."
I'm assuming that's for thematic reasons, right?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2014, 11:29:48 am »

I thought he was annoyed by Farseer shadowstep Farseer shadowstep Farseer.  Which is not the main way you play the rogue deck, but an annoying obstacle to trying to counter the deck with something really fast.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:06 pm »
+1

It stops nature + roar too.
While Lock/Rogue/Druid are top classes, I don't think meta is THAT unhealthy or that this is a good card to fix it. Meh.
It's true that it stops nature+roar, but with Druid I feel generally they are less restricted in which turn they must unleash the combo. Compare to Rogue, where if they drop a concealed Auctioneer, they MUST play a ton of spells next turn or they are in trouble. But another pain for Druids is that they may have panned their curve around Innervate or to a lesser extent Wild Growth, and if this guy gets dropped, he could force an awkward turn. So this guy is more of an annoyance on any turn vs Druid, whereas against Rogue you want to save him for a specific turn.

I agree that the meta isn't too unhealthy in terms of class strength. It's just that ladder diversity is a little bit low at the high sub-legend ranks, possibly because people are playing the strongest classes to achieve legend.

I don't really like hard counter cards in general, like BGH, Black Knight, Harrison Jones, etc., because they are inelegant. It's like balancing the meta by making it rock-paper-scissors. RPS is balanced, but I don't want to play that game.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2014, 12:10:42 pm »

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/490179226201382912/photo/1

Dat anti-Miracle.

Really ought to be "Your opponent may only cause any healing once during the rest of the game."
I'm assuming that's for thematic reasons, right?

Yes.  The Loatheb fight puts an extra cool down shared by all healing spells.  Which means that surviving rather than relying on healers is pretty important.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2014, 04:03:44 pm »

Tons of new cards on the facebook page..

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2014, 04:08:00 pm »

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2014, 04:38:46 pm »

Neru'bar Weblord is interesting.

Not that easy to remove and hoses quite a lot of stuff.

Kel'Thuzard is kinda like Cult Master on crack.
Spectral Knight seems solid as well.

2/8 taunter for 2 hoses Zoo.l

What does "exact copy" mean?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2014, 04:39:51 pm »

Mad Scientist seems like the most auto-includy card from the bunch, offering a more powerful Loot Hoarder variant for Mage decks for sure.

Zombie Chow seems like pretty considerably powerful card, restoring health to the enemy hero is not a big deal at all in a deck designed for board control. 

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

Yeah, MadSci is great for mage, not sure how great for Hunter who has somewhat more narrow secrets.

I'm not THAT thrilled about Zombie Chow, I guess I need to see it in action.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2014, 04:44:12 pm »

Tons of new cards on the facebook page..

By that you mean the rest of the new cards.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2014, 05:04:27 pm »

Neru'bar Weblord looks rough, but it's symmetrical so it should be okay. I don't think you could get away with running no battlecry cards.

Spectral Knight looks really solid.

Not so sure about Zombie Chow, if you draw it early then it's good but 5 life is actually fairly significant late game. You don't really want to play a 2/3 late game anyways, but having it be a dead card? Not sure.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2014, 05:07:27 pm »

Neru'bar Weblord looks rough, but it's symmetrical so it should be okay. I don't think you could get away with running no battlecry cards.

Not so sure about Zombie Chow, if you draw it early then it's good but 5 life is actually fairly significant late game. You don't really want to play a 2/3 late game anyways, but having it be a dead card? Not sure.

Late game Flame Imps are even more dead.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2014, 06:32:05 pm »

Late game Flame Imps are even more dead.

Uh so true.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2014, 09:09:50 pm »

Other than Rivendare, all the legendaries look really good. Loatheb can go in almost any deck, as can Maexxna. Kel'Thuzad wants you to have minions to trade, and Stalagg/Feugen want you to draw enough of your deck to get both.

Echoing Ooze I assume means the copy gets all the buffs, so it's good if you have buffs for it. Even if you don't get to buff it the turn it goes down, you can at least buff whatever 1/2 lives -- good for zoo.

Haunted Creeper and Zombie Chow seem good for zoo as well. You don't want to play the Zombie Chow late, but it's a fine discard for your Soulfire.

Deathlord counters aggro decks but is unplayable vs control, so I'm not sure it's a tech card worth including.

Spectral Knight seems solid, and like Loatheb punishes decks that don't establish board presence. This seems like a major general push in the direction Blizzard tends to want to push things...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2014, 09:23:44 pm »

For even easier access:

Commons:
Zombie Chow (1) Mana: 2/3: Deathrattle: Restore 5 Health to enemy hero.
Mad Scientist (2) Mana: 2/2: Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck onto the battlefield.
Unstable Ghoul (2) Mana: Taunt. Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.
Haunted Creeper (2) Mana: 1/2: Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Spectral Spiders.
Nerub'ar Weblord (2) Mana: 1/4: Minions with Battlecry cost (2) more.
Stoneskin Gargoyle (3) Mana: 1/4: At the start of your turn, restore this minion to full health.
Spectral Knight (5) Mana: 4/6: Can't be targeted by spells or Hero powers.

Rares:
Deathlord (3) Mana: 2/8: Taunt. Deathrattle: Your opponent puts a minion from their deck into the battlefield.
Wailing Soul (4) Mana: 3/5: Battlecry: Silence your other minions.
Sludge Belcher (5) Mana: 3/5: Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon a (1/2) slime with taunt.

Epic:
Echoing Ooze (2) Mana: 1/2 Battlecry: Summon exact copy of this minion at the end of the turn.

Legendaries:
Feugen (5) Mana: 4/7: Deathrattle: If Stalagg also died this game, summon Thaddius.
Stalagg (5) Mana: 7/4: Deathrattle: If Feugen also died this game, summon Thaddius.
Maexxna (6) Mana: 2/8: Destroy a minion damanged by this minion.
Kel'Thuzad (8) Mana: 6/8: At the end of the turn, summon all friendly minions that died this turn.

Token:
Thaddius (10) Mana: 11/11

Unstable Ghoul is a mini-Abomination, combos with the Pyromancer, too.

Buffed Gargoyle will be annoying.

Spectral Knight is a super Fairie Dragon.

Wailing Soul's battlecry seems easy to play around.

Maexxna is a super Cobra.

How do we feel about Thad?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:04 pm »

Thad is a token, so I presume that what you mean by that is what do we think about Thad's parents.

I think Thad's parents suck.  4/7 is average, but 7/4 is incredibly below the curve for five mana.  The risk of getting stuck using just the 7/4 is too great.  The best case scenario is that you play the 4/7 first and then draw the 7/4 later, and then it's a 7/4 must-silence or must-hard-remove next.  I'd be happy to play a 7/4 that did that if it did that all the time, but it's not worth the contingency.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2014, 09:50:02 pm »

Thad is a token, so I presume that what you mean by that is what do we think about Thad's parents.

I think Thad's parents suck.  4/7 is average, but 7/4 is incredibly below the curve for five mana.  The risk of getting stuck using just the 7/4 is too great.  The best case scenario is that you play the 4/7 first and then draw the 7/4 later, and then it's a 7/4 must-silence or must-hard-remove next.  I'd be happy to play a 7/4 that did that if it did that all the time, but it's not worth the contingency.

I suppose you want the 4/7 out first, then the 7/4, since you want the second one to die quickly?  Silence only helps on the second one, so they'll save it if they see you play the first one.

The worst part to me is until you have both legendaries, it isn't worth playing one.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2014, 10:18:53 pm »

I suppose you want the 4/7 out first, then the 7/4, since you want the second one to die quickly?  Silence only helps on the second one, so they'll save it if they see you play the first one.

The worst part to me is until you have both legendaries, it isn't worth playing one.

You also want the 4/7 out first because it's the one that's not failing the power curve.  If you play the 7/4 first, you'll probably lose board control which will either get your face melted before your hero can "give Thaddius a turn, to get ready", or allow your opponent to save a hex or sap up his sleeve to answer the 4/7 later.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2014, 10:25:03 pm »

You also want the 4/7 out first because it's the one that's not failing the power curve.  If you play the 7/4 first, you'll probably lose board control which will either get your face melted before your hero can "give Thaddius a turn, to get ready", or allow your opponent to save a hex or sap up his sleeve to answer the 4/7 later.

That part feels the worst about it.  You've got Poly, Hex, plus a multitude of silence spells and minions that can just crap out your Thad plan.

Unless you want to somehow kill your own 7/4 on the turn you play it.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 10:39:37 pm »

That part feels the worst about it.  You've got Poly, Hex, plus a multitude of silence spells and minions that can just crap out your Thad plan.

Fun fact: Thaddius can be Hexed/Polymorphed as well.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 10:59:57 pm »

Note that you'll receive both legendaries at the same time as I understand it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2014, 11:06:44 pm »

However, Reincarnation on the second one is cool. You get Thadius, but could also get a second Thadius if the Reincarnationed copy doesn't get hexed of ployed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2014, 11:36:36 pm »

Fun fact: Thaddius can be Hexed/Polymorphed as well.

Yeah, but that's any minion.  We're talking about double legendaries that spawn a legendary token all nullified by one spell.  So 3 minions made useless by 1 spell is much worse than 1 minion made useless by same spell.

It's like casting a bunch of stuff to pump up your QA or uber buffing your Lightspawn, just to have it hexed.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2014, 12:28:39 am »

^Not quite. If they hex the 7/4, that doesn't kill the 4/7. The hex is still just 1-for-1ing something. You don't get the 11/11, but you didn't spend a card on that. You just played one card as a 4/7 for 5, and traded a 5 mana minion for a Hex.

That's not the worst thing in the world, and there's the upside that you get the 11/11 if they can't hex/silence one of the cards. OTOH, if it's the 4/7 that's silenced/hexed, and the 7/4 dies to lightning bolt or something, it is pretty bad... If the meta starts favoring more silence, it probably won't be worth it, but if not, it seems potentially pretty good...

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2014, 01:01:29 am »

Buff priest getting some toys. Nerub'ar Weblord's 1/4 stats are good for a buff priest, and the battlecry penalization hurts a zoo/miracle opponent far more than the priest. Deathlord-Silence is perhaps a usable combo, though not nearly as intimidating as Blademaster-Circle. Some other possibilities offered too, like Echoing Ooze.

On another note, Spectral Knight displaces Harvest Golem as the second-best arena common neutral, behind Yeti. Being Fireball-proof is HUGE. I don't really like that they threw the Faerie Dragon effect on another minion, because that effect reduces the plays and combos available to both you and your opponent, which makes the game less interesting IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Page created in 1.831 seconds with 21 queries.