Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84500 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 11:19:52 am »

I think a good field of deathrattle minions + Baron Geddon + the Druid specific card would be pretty awesome, giving you double deathrattles on everything.

The question is would he trigger. Because they all get destroyed at once I think just the Deathrattles would trigger but not with Baron's ability.
Are we talking about the same Baron? It's Baron Rivendare we're talking about right?

Yes we are. Rivandare would die at the same time as everything else. Same as Flamestrike with a Cult Master on the board. It dies at the same tie so it doesn't trigger and I'm guessing it won't  double the Deathrattles.

EDIT: I just actually read your post. We are not. You are right, and that would be a good play :P
Wait what? Now I'm confused. Does Baron Geddon have anything to do with the Druid specific card Poison Seeds and double deathrattle?

Both Geddon and Poison seeds are good with deathrattle minions, but you can't play both on the same turn without The Coin or Innervate or something.

I imagine Poison Seeds won't trigger double deathrattle with rivendare, a la Cult Master example.

Baron Geddon does 2 dmg to everything at the end of the turn. Baron Rivandere double deathrattles. You said Geddon, implying something about killing all the treants, but then you said double deathrattle, which is Baron Rivandere. I said Rivandere would not trigger double deathrattles because he would die at the same time, a la Cult Master. Then I read you post again and saw you said Baron Geddon, so I tried to correct myself, but turns out you meant Baron Rivandere to being with, so now your first post just doenst make sense.
Let me drop the bombshell on you now.

Wait for it...

I didn't write the first post.

Well...crap.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:47 pm »

It seems like they tried to balance arena with these cards.  The good arena classes got pretty lame arena cards, and the bad arena classes got good arena cards.
Not sure I agree with this. Rogue is one of the best arena classes and Anub'ar Ambusher looks pretty good for arena, or at least playable. (Getting above-curve stats for a tempo disadvantage is what Venture Co does, and that's quite a nice card.) Warlock is one of the worst and Voidcaller looks too situational to be playable in arena.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 12:22:14 pm »

It seems like they tried to balance arena with these cards.  The good arena classes got pretty lame arena cards, and the bad arena classes got good arena cards.
Not sure I agree with this. Rogue is one of the best arena classes and Anub'ar Ambusher looks pretty good for arena, or at least playable. (Getting above-curve stats for a tempo disadvantage is what Venture Co does, and that's quite a nice card.) Warlock is one of the worst and Voidcaller looks too situational to be playable in arena.
Indeed. We're talking about a card that survives when trading with a Yeti, while killing the Yeti.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:10 pm »

I meant Rivendare, wrote Geddon.  My bad.  And since Rivendare turns into a tree too, it doesn't work, I guess, since his thing isn't a death rattle.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 10:47:02 am »

I don't really see Rivendare getting a ton of play.

(1) In order to use him well, your deck needs to be built around deathrattles.
(2) If your deck is built around deathrattles, your opponent will know this early.
(3) Therefore, your opponent will kill him ASAP.
(4) Which means that to play him usefully, you need at least one minion with deathrattle already ready to attack, and guaranteed to die or trade this turn.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 10:52:01 am »

I don't really see Rivendare getting a ton of play.

(1) In order to use him well, your deck needs to be built around deathrattles.
(2) If your deck is built around deathrattles, your opponent will know this early.
(3) Therefore, your opponent will kill him ASAP.
(4) Which means that to play him usefully, you need at least one minion with deathrattle already ready to attack, and guaranteed to die or trade this turn.

Or you kill your own cards. Like with Rebirth (Now Reincarnation). I'm sure aggro decks could run him to get more effect out of things like Loot Hoarder and Leper Gnome. Otherwise there will be combos with Cairne, and Leeroy+Rebirth. Or Soul of the Forest. I was playing ashersky and his Druid deck had Violet Teacher, and then he casts spells to create an army of minions with Power of the Wild, summoning and giving +1/+1 to them.  Then Soul of the Forest gives them Deathrattle. Rivandere could be played after that to have even more minions. I'm sure he'll get more play than Cho, Millhouse Mana Storm or Nozdormu.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 11:05:07 am »

Another possible combi with Rivendare is to plop it down on the turn you have Sylvanas Windrunner destroyed. Bonus points if you can use Rebirth on Sylvanas with Rivendare on the field.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41:41 am »

Webspinner is great.  You guys are overestimating the distance between mean card quality and handpicked card quality, I think.  There's a outlier worst case scenario where the card you get is overcosted by two mana (Parrot), but aside form that, the worst case scenario is that you draw a beast card overcosted by 1 mana, like Silverback Patriarch. If you get hit by that mana penalty, then web spinner was like a Novice Engineer with the beast creature type, which is not bad, and it's still quite better than novice engy because you can pay that extra mana whenever you want.

Lots of the time, the thing you get isn't overcosted at all and it's just strong.  There's lots of beasts you wouldn't put in your deck but are still solid.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 12:55:58 pm »

Lots of the time, the thing you get isn't overcosted at all and it's just strong.  There's lots of beasts you wouldn't put in your deck but are still solid.

This is true. The fact that the card isn't drawn from you deck is an asset, because it'll be something that you want but can't afford to put in a card slot. It's actually fairly similar to Thoughtsteal.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »

This is true. The fact that the card isn't drawn from you deck is an asset, because it'll be something that you want but can't afford to put in a card slot. It's actually fairly similar to Thoughtsteal.
Oh wow, I was somehow thinking that the card drawn is immediately played. Drawing it makes it more balanced.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 08:38:00 pm »

It's an asset for thoughtsteal because priest plays a control deck that runs out of cards. A typical hunter deck will prefer novice engineer's effect, because you just want the deck to be thinner, so you can more reliably draw your unleashes and leeroy. It's another one of those cards that might be good for control hunter (king krush, longbow) if that ever becomes a thing...

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 02:04:43 am »

Looks like Hearthstone had its first unofficial spoiler. D'awwww, it's like MtG rumors all over again.

http://imgur.com/a/6zMrV#13

Of course, there is a chance it's still fake, but from what I've read online it seems real. Posts on the official forums about it getting deleted ASAP with account suspensions, an article about the cards on a fansite was taken down.

This should go without saying, but you're choosing to spoil yourself if you click that link.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 11:14:45 am »

Kel'thuzad looks like it's potentially really strong.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:58 am »

Kel'thuzad looks like it's potentially really strong.

Yeah, it looks like it has lots of great combo's too. With Reincarnation and a deathrattle minion on the board, one turn could make you something like double cairne and cairn2.0. 3 4/5's and a 6/8 seems pretty sweet.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 12:01:35 pm »

If Feugen is available to put in your own decks, looks like it'll be pretty good even without the deathrattle, at least in arena. Spiteful Smith (5 mana 4/6) is already decent in arena for non-weapon classes, and a 5 mana 4/7 is strictly better.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 12:17:32 pm »

Looks like Hearthstone had its first unofficial spoiler. D'awwww, it's like MtG rumors all over again.

http://imgur.com/a/6zMrV#13

Of course, there is a chance it's still fake, but from what I've read online it seems real. Posts on the official forums about it getting deleted ASAP with account suspensions, an article about the cards on a fansite was taken down.

This should go without saying, but you're choosing to spoil yourself if you click that link.

There wasn't terribly much spoilery in there.  I mean... maybe if you haven't run Naxx?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 01:47:35 pm »

Sir Zeliek (3 mana 1/7 which makes your hero immune) + Master of Disguise seems like a combo that might be broken, as it's hard to kill a 1/7 Stealth. My guess is that it must be not collectible -- it doesn't have a gem in the middle...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:48:44 pm by HiveMindEmulator »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 01:55:40 pm »

Sir Zeliek (3 mana 1/7 which makes your hero immune) + Master of Disguise seems like a combo that might be broken, as it's hard to kill a 1/7 Stealth. My guess is that it must be not collectible -- it doesn't have a gem in the middle...

Yeah, I think it's just for that boss. You can see two others in play, so my guess is that the boss requires you to kill the three immune things before you can kill him.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 08:04:38 pm »

Yeah, I think it's just for that boss. You can see two others in play, so my guess is that the boss requires you to kill the three immune things before you can kill him.

They're a council style boss in Naxxramas, the Four Horsemen.  You have to tank all four of them, then kill them in a reasonably specific order, if you want to make things easier.  Oh and each one does increasing damage, so you can't stand next to any given one for more than 45 seconds or so.

So yeah, that's a card played by the boss.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 08:06:18 pm »

(I spent eight years in WoW, six of them raiding.)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:11 pm »

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Naxx tomorrow, as the season starts. Either than or August 1st.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2014, 03:16:20 pm »

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Naxx tomorrow, as the season starts. Either than or August 1st.

I believe Blizzard made an announcement that it would come out sometime in July. They also announced that pricing for it would go out July 1st, but just delayed it, saying they're not ready.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:30 pm »

I'd hate if they release it mid-season.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:29 am »

Next card back is Naxx one:

So I guess hey are releasing it soon.
Or at least Soon(tm).

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:51 pm »

Yeah, it's going to be next month.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14  All

Page created in 2.151 seconds with 21 queries.