Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My first Guilds game  (Read 4867 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
My first Guilds game
« on: June 18, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »
+1

I've played with a card or 2 a couple times on Goko, but aside from that, I played Guilds IRL a couple days ago. 3 player game, I was going last, one of whom had just learned how to play Dominion.

Kingdom:

Baker, Candlestick Maker, Taxman, Soothsayer, Merchant's Guild, Herald, Stonemason, Advisor, Plaza, Journeyman.

I opened Silver / Journeyman. My thought was to just name Estate with my first Journeyman, and be able to get Gold immediately. Both opponents opened Taxman, and I think Silver.

Player A and I both got a lot of Bakers. Both opponents eventually got a Soothsayer, right after which I did as well. The popular thing to do for all of us was to buy Stonemason for $7, getting a couple $5s to go with it. Player A got a Herald which he played 4 times during the game, the first 3 of which hit an action. Taxman had good luck against me, every time Silver was chosen, I had a Silver. I don't think it ever missed actually, even though I was trying to trash my coppers with Stonemason.

I started getting lots of Plazas, because my Journeyman kept drawing actions dead. Opponent A was trashing Golds and Merchant's Guilds to Stonemason. None of us ever got an Advisor.

Anyway, Bakers and Plazas ran out. I used 3 of my 5 coin tokens to get a Province, then on the next turn I bought a Stonemason for $4, gaining 2 more Stonemasons, and used my extra buy to get the final Stonemason for $2. Won the game 5 to 0 to -2.

Was I right to ignore Taxman? Was I wrong to not go straight for the Soothsayer?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: My first Guilds game
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:00:20 pm »
+1

Kingdom:

Baker, Candlestick Maker, Taxman, Soothsayer, Merchant's Guild, Herald, Stonemason, Advisor, Plaza, Journeyman.

I opened Silver / Journeyman. My thought was to just name Estate with my first Journeyman, and be able to get Gold immediately. Both opponents opened Taxman, and I think Silver.

You can get Gold immediately with Soothsayer also, and as an added bonus, you'll be adding Curses to your opponents' decks. I think a Soothsayer opening stands out a mile. (I'm leaning towards Candlestick Maker/Soothsayer over Silver/Soothsayer.)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:04:59 pm »

You should definitely build an engine here with Herald, Plaza and Journeyman, and use Merchant's Guild as your payload. You can get Stonemasons to get more Actions faster with the overpay and use them to trash whichever 0-cost cards you happen to have with the on-play effect, or maybe in certain situations trash a Journeyman to get two Heralds or Plazas if they are about to run out (you should be the most concerned with Heralds). You might want to get Advisors, but I don't think there's time for that here, since Herald and Plaza are so much more important and it's a 3-player game with Stonemason, so the third pile can be emptied really fast.

Ignore Treasure cards, Baker, Taxman. Ignore Soothsayer, too, unless you can get to the point where you can reliably draw your deck anyway and then Stonemason the Gold into something useful. Merchant's Guild is a powerhouse when it comes to engine payloads, you don't need the Gold, and you can't draw Gold with Herald, so you're kind of junking both yourself and your opponent, but your opponent gets an extra card for it.

I think you should open Herald/Herald on 4/3 and Herald/Herald/Stonemason/Candlestick Maker on 5/2. I'm not 100% sure about this, though, but it's what I would do. Then hope to get as many extra Heralds as you can, and Candlestick Maker whenever you can't. After the Herald pile is empty, start getting Journeymen, Plazas and Merchant's Guilds, you probably want one Journeyman first no matter what, but then depending on how many CSMs you had bought earlier and how fast the piles are being drained, you might want to get a Merchant's Guild already or just build up and wait for a while before getting MGs.

EDIT: Also, some people here seem to think that Soothsayer is pretty much always as bad as I make it sound like here, but this is really a special-case scenario. I think you want a Soothsayer more often than not, but this is one of the "not" kingdoms.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:09:42 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 01:17:27 pm »
+1

Quote from: Awaclus
uh... huh?  ???

no way. just go soothsayer/BM. herald engine has no chance I think, because you have no decent way to deal with junk. I don't think it'd work even in 2 player, much less so in 3p. the only other action cards I would add are a few bakers/cms for coin tokens.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:18:59 pm by silverspawn »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »

Quote from: Awaclus
uh... huh?  ???

no way. just go soothsayer/BM. herald engine has no chance I think, because you have no decent way to deal with junk. I don't think it'd work even in 2 player, much less so in 3p. the only other action cards I would add are a few bakers/cms for coin tokens.
You've got Stonemason, it's better than nothing. And even with no ways to deal with junk, Herald engine is often the way to go.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

BadAssMutha

• Bishop
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »

Taxman is often pretty ignorable, especially when there's a direct path to Gold like with Soothsayer (which maybe should be your first $5). Journeyman isn't a terrible open, but again, the Soothsayer can get you the Gold you're looking for. Baker is a little better with Stonemason on the board, since you'll want to save up for $6 or $7 turns to get a nice Stonemason overpay.

I think you should open Herald/Herald on 4/3 and Herald/Herald/Stonemason/Candlestick Maker on 5/2.

I dunno about that Herald engine either, it seems really tough in 3-player. You probably won't get more than 5 Heralds, which may not be enough to string together with only Stonemason for trashing, especially when two other players can give out curses (with a cursing opener, no less). Running out of piles is much more of an issue in 3p, especially with Stonemason on the board, so I'd be worried about getting down on curses and having the game end suddenly. I might give it a shot with 2 players, but I'd play it safe with 3 and go for Soothsayer.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 02:43:44 pm »

herald isn't that good. it nets either nothing or +1 card, +1 action. if you have 5 of them and half of your deck consists of action cards, you get ~+2,5 cards, +2,5 actions per turn, if you can play all of them. that's not nearly enough to make an engine that has any chance against soothsayer/BM

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 02:57:29 pm »

herald isn't that good. it nets either nothing or +1 card, +1 action. if you have 5 of them and half of your deck consists of action cards, you get ~+2,5 cards, +2,5 actions per turn, if you can play all of them. that's not nearly enough to make an engine that has any chance against soothsayer/BM

I agree with you in a 3 player game that Herald probably has little chance of winning, especially if they are contested. But in a 2 player game I have little doubt that it would whip BM. Get a Soothsayer, trash Golds for double action cards and play Soothsayer more than the BM player. I think it would work pretty well. Worst case you can get a Taxman for the Cutpurse and Silver discard effect.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 03:45:27 pm »

I agree with you in a 3 player game that Herald probably has little chance of winning, especially if they are contested. But in a 2 player game I have little doubt that it would whip BM. Get a Soothsayer, trash Golds for double action cards and play Soothsayer more than the BM player. I think it would work pretty well. Worst case you can get a Taxman for the Cutpurse and Silver discard effect.

No, herald  here is pretty terrible on three boards out of four and this is one of these. Especially when you do famous village/village opening when opponent bought a curser. With no economy it will take ages until you hit five to get journeyman let alone draw a deck.

Even bots should defeat this, unless they decide to get 10 heralds themself like here:
http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20140619/log.517000c9e4b082c74d7e6868.1403201379843.txt

You do not want to play just bm as bakers+stonemason allows endgame tricks like gold->duchies and stabilizes income.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 03:47:46 pm »

No, herald  here is pretty terrible on three boards out of four and this is one of these. Especially when you do famous village/village opening when opponent bought a curser. With no economy it will take ages until you hit five to get journeyman let alone draw a deck.

Even bots should defeat this, unless they decide to get 10 heralds themself like here:
http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20140619/log.517000c9e4b082c74d7e6868.1403201379843.txt

You do not want to play just bm as bakers+stonemason allows endgame tricks like gold->duchies and stabilizes income.

I think your problem here is that you shouldn't open double herald. You can open with like, Silver-CM maker. Afer 1 silver you should never need another one, as coin tokens can push you to $8 or more.

And it's not 3/4 boards where it's bad, it's 3/4 where its good.

luser

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 04:53:30 pm »

I think your problem here is that you shouldn't open double herald. You can open with like, Silver-CM maker. Afer 1 silver you should never need another one, as coin tokens can push you to $8 or more.

And it's not 3/4 boards where it's bad, it's 3/4 where its good.

Seriously post a game where you defeat bot at this board with heralds. They will defeat you nine times out of ten with soothsayers.
A point where you draw your deck is simply not going to happen until turn 20 or so when game is already over, you could get 7 with coin tokens but how would you get enough cards that generate coin tokens? By spamming a candlestick makers to play herald as gimpled baker? Or do you buy 5 bakers/merchant guilds. Here you would be definitely better with plaza instead every herald you buy as you could at least draw cards with journeyman and they will not end dead.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 08:08:13 am »

Of course the bot loses that game, he spends his opening buys junking himself and buying a self-junker.

Seriously post a game where you defeat bot at this board with heralds. They will defeat you nine times out of ten with soothsayers.
A point where you draw your deck is simply not going to happen until turn 20 or so when game is already over, you could get 7 with coin tokens but how would you get enough cards that generate coin tokens? By spamming a candlestick makers to play herald as gimpled baker? Or do you buy 5 bakers/merchant guilds. Here you would be definitely better with plaza instead every herald you buy as you could at least draw cards with journeyman and they will not end dead.
Okay. Goko doesn't want to give me the log, but it's here:

Code: [Select]
awaclus 34
Conqueror Bot 33
Supply Cards: Candlestick Maker, Stonemason, Advisor, Herald, Plaza, Taxman, Baker, Journeyman, Merchant Guild, Soothsayer, Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy, Province, Curse
Rating system: unrated
awaclus starting cards: Estate, Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper
Conqueror Bot starting cards: Estate, Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
Conqueror Bot shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards
Conqueror Bot draws 5 cards

awaclus: turn 1
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus uses 1 coin token
awaclus buys Journeyman
awaclus gains Journeyman
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 1
Conqueror Bot plays 4 Copper
Conqueror Bot uses 1 coin token
Conqueror Bot buys Soothsayer
Conqueror Bot gains Soothsayer

awaclus: turn 2
awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus buys Candlestick Maker
awaclus gains Candlestick Maker
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 2
Conqueror Bot plays 3 Copper
Conqueror Bot buys Silver
Conqueror Bot gains Silver

awaclus: turn 3
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 3

awaclus: turn 4
awaclus plays Candlestick Maker
awaclus receives 1 coin token
awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 2 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 3 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 4
Conqueror Bot plays Soothsayer
Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot draws 2 cards
Conqueror Bot draws 3 cards

awaclus: turn 5
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Copper
awaclus places a card on top of deck
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus reveals Copper , Copper , Estate , Copper
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus places cards in hand: Copper , Copper , Copper
awaclus plays 6 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus overpays for Stonemason with 4 coins
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 3 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 2 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 5
Conqueror Bot plays 2 Silver , 1 Copper

awaclus: turn 6
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus reveals Copper , Estate , Stonemason , Copper
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus places cards in hand: Copper , Stonemason , Copper
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus uses 2 coin tokens
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 6
Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot plays 2 Copper , 1 Gold

awaclus: turn 7
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Herald
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus reveals: Stonemason
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Estate
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 7
Conqueror Bot plays 4 Copper , 1 Silver
Conqueror Bot buys Stonemason
Conqueror Bot overpays for Stonemason with 4 coins
Conqueror Bot gains Plaza
Conqueror Bot gains Stonemason

awaclus: turn 8
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 3 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 2 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 8
Conqueror Bot plays Plaza
Conqueror Bot draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot discards Copper
Conqueror Bot receives 1 coin token
Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot plays 1 Silver , 1 Copper
Conqueror Bot buys Plaza

awaclus: turn 9
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Candlestick Maker
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus reveals Estate , Stonemason , Copper , Stonemason
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus places cards in hand: Stonemason , Copper , Stonemason
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 9
Conqueror Bot plays 2 Copper , 1 Gold , 1 Silver
Conqueror Bot overpays for Stonemason with 5 coins
Conqueror Bot gains Baker

awaclus: turn 10
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Curse
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus reveals Curse , Stonemason , Herald
awaclus places cards in hand: Curse , Stonemason , Herald
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 10
Conqueror Bot plays Stonemason
Conqueror Bot trashes Soothsayer
Conqueror Bot gains Herald

awaclus: turn 11
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus reveals: Journeyman
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus reveals Herald , Copper , Stonemason
awaclus places cards in hand: Herald , Copper , Stonemason
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Estate
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 11
Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot plays 1 Gold , 1 Copper , 1 Silver

awaclus: turn 12
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus reveals Copper , Curse
awaclus places cards in hand: Copper , Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus uses 6 coin tokens
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus overpays for Stonemason with 5 coins
awaclus gains Merchant Guild
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 12
Conqueror Bot plays Herald
Conqueror Bot reveals: Copper
Conqueror Bot places a card on top of deck
Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot plays 1 Silver
Conqueror Bot buys Estate
Conqueror Bot gains Estate

awaclus: turn 13
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus reveals Estate , Candlestick Maker , Herald , Herald
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus places cards in hand: Candlestick Maker , Herald , Herald
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Merchant Guild
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Stonemason
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus uses 3 coin tokens
awaclus buys Merchant Guild
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 13
Conqueror Bot buys Duchy
Conqueror Bot gains Duchy

awaclus: turn 14
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus uses 4 coin tokens
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 14
Conqueror Bot plays Baker
Conqueror Bot plays 1 Silver , 1 Gold , 1 Copper
Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus: turn 15
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Merchant Guild
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 15
Conqueror Bot trashes Gold
Conqueror Bot plays 1 Gold

awaclus: turn 16
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Estate
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 16
Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus: turn 17
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Copper
awaclus reveals Candlestick Maker , Curse , Candlestick Maker
awaclus places cards in hand: Candlestick Maker , Curse , Candlestick Maker
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus reveals: Province
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Duchy
awaclus gains Duchy
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus draws 4 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 1 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 17
Conqueror Bot uses 3 coin tokens
Conqueror Bot buys Province
Conqueror Bot gains Province

awaclus: turn 18
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus uses 13 coin tokens
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot: turn 18
Conqueror Bot plays 1 Silver , 1 Gold
Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus: turn 19
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Province
awaclus reveals Copper , Candlestick Maker , Candlestick Maker
awaclus places cards in hand: Copper , Candlestick Maker , Candlestick Maker
awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus uses 15 coin tokens
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus overpays for Stonemason with 2 coins
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus cards: 8 Herald , 5 Stonemason , 4 Merchant Guild , 4 Candlestick Maker , 11 Copper , 1 Journeyman , 5 Province , 1 Duchy , 1 Estate
awaclus total victory points: 34
awaclus turns: 19

Conqueror Bot cards: 5 Plaza , 3 Soothsayer , 3 Stonemason , 2 Herald , 2 Baker , 7 Copper , 4 Gold , 4 Silver , 7 Duchy , 6 Estate , 1 Province
Conqueror Bot total victory points: 33
Conqueror Bot turns: 18

1st place: awaclus
2nd place: Conqueror Bot

*** The VP Counter is ON because all the other players are bots.
*** Say "#vphelp" for more info.

luser

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 09:09:54 am »

Of course the bot loses that game, he spends his opening buys junking himself and buying a self-junker.

awaclus 34
Conqueror Bot 33
Supply Cards: Candlestick Maker, Stonemason, Advisor, Herald, Plaza, Taxman, Baker, Journeyman, Merchant Guild, Soothsayer, Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy, Province, Curse
awaclus starting cards: Estate, Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper
Conqueror Bot starting cards: Estate, Estate, Estate, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Journeyman
awaclus gains Journeyman
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 2 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 3 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays 6 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 3 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 2 cards

awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 3 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 2 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot buys Plaza

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Estate
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Estate
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Duchy
awaclus gains Duchy
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus draws 4 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Province
awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus cards: 8 Herald , 5 Stonemason , 4 Merchant Guild , 4 Candlestick Maker , 11 Copper , 1 Journeyman , 5 Province , 1 Duchy , 1 Estate

Conqueror Bot cards: 5 Plaza , 3 Soothsayer , 3 Stonemason , 2 Herald , 2 Baker , 7 Copper , 4 Gold , 4 Silver , 7 Duchy , 6 Estate , 1 Province

And how many tries it took? A bot got unlucky here by having only one province and still game took 19 turn and you barely won by point because bot did not pile stonemasons instead buying duchy turn ago.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 10:10:40 am »

awaclus 34
Conqueror Bot 33
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Journeyman
awaclus gains Journeyman
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 2 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 3 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays 6 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 3 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 2 cards

awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 3 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 2 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards
Conqueror Bot buys Plaza

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus draws 5 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Estate
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Estate
awaclus discards Estate
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus buys Herald
awaclus gains Herald
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Copper
awaclus plays 1 Copper
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 4 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Estate
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot gains Gold
awaclus gains Curse
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Copper
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Stonemason
awaclus trashes Curse
awaclus plays 4 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Duchy
awaclus gains Duchy
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus buys Copper
awaclus gains Copper
awaclus draws 4 cards
awaclus shuffles deck
awaclus draws 1 cards

awaclus plays 2 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus draws 5 cards

Conqueror Bot buys Duchy

awaclus plays Herald
awaclus draws 1 cards
awaclus plays Journeyman
awaclus names Province
awaclus plays 3 Copper
awaclus buys Province
awaclus gains Province
awaclus buys Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus gains Stonemason
awaclus draws 5 cards

And how many tries it took? A bot got unlucky here by having only one province and still game took 19 turn and you barely won by point because bot did not pile stonemasons instead buying duchy turn ago.

The first try with a Journeyman/CSM opening. Herald/Herald is not too great when you're basically uncontested. I got unlucky too, my opening Journeyman missed the reshuffle, which prevented me from getting a Stonemason with two Heralds so I had to buy a Stonemason without overpay, and I'm pretty sure that my implementation of this strategy is far from perfect. And it's worth noting that the bot doesn't really go for Provinces, he piledrives the Duchies instead with Stonemason and Golds.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.