Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]  All

Author Topic: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Game over : Scum wins !)  (Read 100377 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Game over : Scum wins !)
« Reply #875 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:15 pm »

You'd need a full vig to make it a tie, and I don't think that was possible given the flips.

What does everyone think about UB inheriting IC ? It pretty much neutralized the UB here, because he's pretty much already an IC as that's basically impossible to counterclaim.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 31, 2014, 06:03:12 pm »

Pretty sure after this game I'm going to start getting Day 1 lynched.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 31, 2014, 06:04:16 pm »

From speccy:

"Because I was already set up by everyone to be EgorK's partner. It was mentioned multiple times. So me hammering just looks like scum partner jumping on for cred. But then I realized that it didn't matter, because I was pretty sure EgorK would flip scum, and even if I were to get mislynched today for it, it would still be a 1-1 trade, so it seemed a good idea.

I may have jumped the gun, but what more did you want to discuss? Three players had already voted for EgorK, and the only other players---you and ADK---had stated willingness to vote. So, what was going to happen? It was literally unanimous."

This post seems like a serious scumslip to me -- am I confused? How is it a 1-1 trade if EgorK flips town.

Here I was pretending to think that I was almost 100% sure EgorK was scum, but I was going to get lynched tomorrow because everyone would think I was hammering my scum partner for cred.

Oh, the next post by him saw this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 31, 2014, 06:05:49 pm »

My biggest worry about hammering EgorK is I was basically saying "Okay I'm scum, lynch me tomorrow but my partner is still going to win," and for me to be that confident, my partner has to be the least likely person to get lynched.  So it heavily pointed to Robz, I think.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 31, 2014, 06:12:26 pm »

For me, mcmc was the person I was least likely to lynch... which unfortunately led to Robz becoming a suboptimal choice, and since I was SOLD you were scum, I wanted to make sure that Today we got your partner (so there wouldn't be confusion when, inevitably, you NK'd me).

I just misread, sorry guys :(

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 31, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

For me, mcmc was the person I was least likely to lynch... which unfortunately led to Robz becoming a suboptimal choice, and since I was SOLD you were scum, I wanted to make sure that Today we got your partner (so there wouldn't be confusion when, inevitably, you NK'd me).

I just misread, sorry guys :(

Like i said, I would have done the same thing tomorow
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #881 on: July 31, 2014, 06:20:38 pm »

I believe you are trolling me real hard

Nope, I don't troll. Not trolling, promise.

I didn't think of it as trolling. It was necessary in case we were going to night, which I think would have happened if both mcmc and chairs were vigs. Unlikely, but possible.

With all the roles that had already flipped I don't think town could have had a full vig, which is what they would have needed to tie (at best), but I wasn't trying to accuse you of being a troll.  I know that you do not troll, and yourself being a journalist I would think you probably have a pretty low opinion of people who do.  However, if I were to ever troll someone, it would be my brother, and I would totally troll him for fun at the end of a game if he were to be online and posting at the same time.  Which is what I thought could have happened, which is why I found it so funny.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 31, 2014, 06:21:35 pm »

I actually thought Robz was trolling.  I didn't think about the vig possibilities.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 31, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »

You'd need a full vig to make it a tie, and I don't think that was possible given the flips.

What does everyone think about UB inheriting IC ? It pretty much neutralized the UB here, because he's pretty much already an IC as that's basically impossible to counterclaim.

I built it into the setup that way.  The UB always existing helps town anyway, so sometimes he's not going to be "useful" with PRs.  He inherits empty shot roles, too.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 31, 2014, 06:39:33 pm »

I built it into the setup that way.  The UB always existing helps town anyway, so sometimes he's not going to be "useful" with PRs.  He inherits empty shot roles, too.

I guess that's missing from the setup information?  But yeah, UB inherits IC.  If they inherited a 1-Shot Cop role with no shots remaining, they'd get the 1-Shot Cop PM, but with a caveat that "you have no shots remaining" or something.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 31, 2014, 06:42:23 pm »

So, once again this game confirms that I should just "trust my gut" and not even TRY to do reads, because at the end of the day my instinct is right more often than my reads.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:26 pm »

Initially, I miscounted in my head and thought even one Vig would mean we would have another day. I PMed Teproc something to this effect.

Then in the middle of my trolling I realized I had miscounted and was being way overly cautious. But, you know, it's fine to be careful.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 31, 2014, 06:49:37 pm »

My heart started beating hard when I did my ADK vote though.. never coordinated a quickhammer like that.  And I was on my stupid phone so I had typed it into a text box early so I could copy it and not take forever.  Then I was just constantly refreshing waiting for Robz.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:16 pm »

bleaaah I can't believe that happened while I was at work. Good job guys, I probably would have lynched mc tomorrow if we had lynched WW. My thought on Robz bussing azadin was "Robz is conniving but I don't think he's THAT conniving." I'll try not to make that mistake in the future.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 01, 2014, 03:18:17 pm »

Probably a good thing I was lynched a few days ago, as I've been super busy IRL.

Just caught up on the end of the game. That was a lot of fun! I definitely enjoyed my first foray into Mafia and look forward to more games.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.