Who won this mini-debate?

chairs, for the subject.
- 7 (70%)
mail-mi, against the subject.
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 03, 2014, 01:20:12 am

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mafia 43: Debate 3.1 (ROR vs. ICs): Not crying at the end of Toy Story 3 is a...  (Read 4254 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

The day you stop worrying about when you are old...... That's it.

Or the day you look at a policeman or teacher and think "they are way too young"

Whichever comes first

The day a mom and daughter are crossing the street and you're checking out the mom.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

I'm 26 in August. I feel old.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile

So here's the difference.

Yes, I cried at the beginning of Up. They were triumphant tears. I also cried intermittently throughout the film (the Ellie badge, "Thanks for the adventure, now go.." etc.). Up is a celebration of a life well lived, of human goodness. It's sad and joyful and well worth crying over.

I sobbed during Toy Story 3, nonstop, from beginning to end. It happens every time I watch it. It's actually physically exhausting for me to even watch that movie. I don't know. I guess I had the exact same relation to my toys that Andy did. I had four years of life before mcmcsalot was born, and probably another few before he was like a full-fledged playmate. Before that, it was just me and my toys. I was an imaginative kid. Very self involved. My toys were my best friends. The ending of that movie... I'm crying just thinking about it, even. It's embarrassing.

Toy Story 3 came out the summer before I went to college. I bawled.
This makes me curious about the age range of f.dsers

The youngest is 15 I think now.  I'm 17 myself.  I have no idea about the oldest.

I almost never cry while watching things.  I'll get close sometimes (like Up and Toy Story 3), but it never quite comes out.  Clannad is the one exception.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

So here's the difference.

Yes, I cried at the beginning of Up. They were triumphant tears. I also cried intermittently throughout the film (the Ellie badge, "Thanks for the adventure, now go.." etc.). Up is a celebration of a life well lived, of human goodness. It's sad and joyful and well worth crying over.

I sobbed during Toy Story 3, nonstop, from beginning to end. It happens every time I watch it. It's actually physically exhausting for me to even watch that movie. I don't know. I guess I had the exact same relation to my toys that Andy did. I had four years of life before mcmcsalot was born, and probably another few before he was like a full-fledged playmate. Before that, it was just me and my toys. I was an imaginative kid. Very self involved. My toys were my best friends. The ending of that movie... I'm crying just thinking about it, even. It's embarrassing.

Toy Story 3 came out the summer before I went to college. I bawled.
This makes me curious about the age range of f.dsers

The youngest is 15 I think now.  I'm 17 myself.  I have no idea about the oldest.

I almost never cry while watching things.  I'll get close sometimes (like Up and Toy Story 3), but it never quite comes out.  Clannad is the one exception.
I'm 15.

I've never cried ever during any show or movie. I got wet eyes, though, while reading some part of the book Unwind... Can't remember which part though.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Bridge to Terebithia was the first book I cried reading, and not the last.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.616 seconds with 23 queries.