Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Curse of Flavor  (Read 1037 times)

Showdown35

• Golem
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
The Curse of Flavor
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:57:45 pm »
+2

A couple more cards I'd like to put up for discussion. Both of the Cursor variety:

Ritualist - Action-Attack - $5
+2 Cards
Name a card you have not named this turn. Each player (including you) reveals his hand. If he revealed the named card, he gains a Curse.
If he revealed more than one copy of it, he gains another Curse.

I prefer this one of the two as I think there is an interesting interaction with my "reveal hands" theme, just not sure if this can get overpowered too easily. Having it affect yourself is my way of making it difficult to call Copper or Estate early on and give everyone 2 Curses.

Sacrificial Site - Action-Attack - $5
Reveal your hand and discard pile.
Trash an Action card from your hand or from your discard pile. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.
You may trash this immediately. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.

I left the word "immediately" off the image, but it's supposed to be there. The self trashing is there for a couple reasons, but the main one is so you can get rid of the card when the Curses are running out, or if the game is ending soon, you can shell out one last Curse.

I know it would be silly to have both these card in the same expansion, so I'm really looking to pick one, or to change one enough to make them dissimilar enough to include both. But that would put three Cursors in my set! The theme is Corruption though, so maybe Curses will be a sub theme, might even include a card that benefits from having Curses.
Check out my Dominion Fan Card Template for Photoshop  here

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
Re: The Curse of Flavor
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:48:41 pm »

Ritualist - Action-Attack - $5
+2 Cards
Name a card you have not named this turn. Each player (including you) reveals his hand. If he revealed the named card, he gains a Curse.
If he revealed more than one copy of it, he gains another Curse.
interesting! you have a 6 card hand, other players probably have a 5 card hand, so it may be tough to pick a card that you don't have but your opponents do. more specifically, it's probably a poor pickup with a 5/2 opening, and might still be bad when picked up on turn 3 or 4. it's like a more complex witch that requires you to plan ahead and ideally even mess around with your deck in a certain way to make it work better. i like it. but it's hard to predict how easy you can double junk with it later.

shelters could be pretty big too.

Sacrificial Site - Action-Attack - $5
Reveal your hand and discard pile.
Trash an Action card from your hand or from your discard pile. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.
You may trash this immediately. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.

"reveal your discard pile" is problematic. what if your discard pile has 40 cards in it? doesn't that take forever IRL? couldn't you just make it "look through your discard pile, you may trash an action [...], if you do [...]"?

it also seems really weak to me. there are times when you want to trash action cards from your deck, like with squire or ruins, but mostly it's a penalty, right? "each other player gains a curse" is already weak for 5$ though. the self trashing is useful, but i doubt it's enough.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.