Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Not Combos -- Cards that don't work well together  (Read 31872 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Not Combos -- Cards that don't work well together
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »

Horn Of Plenty and Bank. Just played this and it gave me a headache which to play first in the buy phase each time they "collided".

Shouldn't be that hard?  Just figure out if you'd rather have $1 extra to buy or the ability to pick up a card worth $1 more with HoP.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 05:58:00 pm »

Is Loan/Tunnel a nombo? The idea: trash coppers with the Loans, while discarding Tunnels to get Gold, then proceed to use the Golds to buy Provinces. The reality: the golds don't come as fast as expected, the loans then start hitting the golds, and you start seeing hands like "Gold, Gold, Loan, Tunnel, Tunnel", which isn't good for much.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »

Loan/Tunnel probably just needs the right assistance, courtyard perhaps. Horn of Plenty with bank is ok, certainly compared to smugglers/workshop with bank.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

Shanty Town + any terminal non-drawer card !

While talking about Throne Room + King's Court, I will add with them (if not already done) : secret chamber and counting house.
And of course, Watchtower+Library ; if you play Throne or KC before them, this is only to draw one single more card !

And according to me, loan/tunnel looks pretty nice. Especially when you have a faster way to trash your coppers... I bought once two loans to get them ! Because tunnel is, and will remain the best source of gold, as long as there is a way to get gold. Plus it deters opponent from buy Militia/Goons and so on...
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2012, 07:02:26 pm »

Shanty Town + any terminal non-drawer card !

While talking about Throne Room + King's Court, I will add with them (if not already done) : secret chamber and counting house.
And of course, Watchtower+Library ; if you play Throne or KC before them, this is only to draw one single more card !

And according to me, loan/tunnel looks pretty nice. Especially when you have a faster way to trash your coppers... I bought once two loans to get them ! Because tunnel is, and will remain the best source of gold, as long as there is a way to get gold. Plus it deters opponent from buy Militia/Goons and so on...
Apparently it is a nombo, DG.
It's not very good, without more help anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.