Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Card Idea: Mountain Range  (Read 7993 times)

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
Re: Card Idea: Mountain Range
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 02:44:42 pm »

- Later on in the game, if both/all players are actively going for this as a strategy, the money density in their decks will be no higher than $7 in a regular non-platinum/colony game
I believe you have money density mistaken. Your money density is a calculation of the average value of a single card in your deck. If your money density is $7, you would expect an average value of $35 in a hand. As you add Coppers to your deck, your money density approaches $1. If you meant the average value of a hand is $7, your money density is $1.4.
- This could be an effective counter to Swindler if it is the main strategy as Swindler and all the other trashing attacks trigger it's on trash ability
Except that you have a million Coppers in your deck to be turned into Curses.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 08:29:38 pm »

Maybe this is cleaner:

"when you gain this, if it's not your buy phase, trash it". I think this doesn't require specific ruling for weird card interaction.

PPE3: yeah, what I said.

The problem with the "return to the supply" version is black market.
The other interesting interaction with both versions is Watchtower. You can top-deck the card before returning/trashing it, and then it Loses Track of itself.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 09:24:00 am »
+2

It's a pretty bad card in its current form, but it's better than Bomb.  So it has that going for it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.614 seconds with 21 queries.