Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546160 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #4550 on: August 15, 2014, 07:26:47 am »

I have no dice. I thought everyone else dido thus, my statement that only 2 town players have dice. If anyone other than archetype also claims no dice decrease my number by 1 for each person. Conf town Faust confirmed my lack of dice.

I was visited by the love doctor last night so if it is scum controlled...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: August 15, 2014, 07:27:54 am »

Who loses track of where the dice remain, scum or town?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: August 15, 2014, 09:35:52 am »

I have no dice. I thought everyone else dido thus, my statement that only 2 town players have dice. If anyone other than archetype also claims no dice decrease my number by 1 for each person. Conf town Faust confirmed my lack of dice.

You were visited by the love doctor last night? Did you pick any options?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: August 15, 2014, 11:23:45 am »

Has an NPC ever visited two people on the same night? I don't recall that ever occurring.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: August 15, 2014, 01:09:30 pm »

I don't believe that you could of thought that BA and Hydrad both had dice. Just 2 posts before your first post of the day, BA said that Hydrad had no dice. 

I'm ready to roll and try to beat the Monster. If we do beat it, I say we No Lynch and hope for the best with whatever reward we get and the Grim Reaper.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: August 15, 2014, 01:12:58 pm »

I don't believe that you could of thought that BA and Hydrad both had dice. Just 2 posts before your first post of the day, BA said that Hydrad had no dice. 

I'm ready to roll and try to beat the Monster. If we do beat it, I say we No Lynch and hope for the best with whatever reward we get and the Grim Reaper.

I don't know why we would no lynch. If we lynch after beating it if we get it wrong we could get the doctor thing or even the gr and kill the other person. I think nolynch just let's me or BA die and have to make the same decision the next day?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: August 15, 2014, 01:19:43 pm »

Ok on a plane right now will be back soon hopefully

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: August 15, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

You don't agree with anything I say because you are scum. While I am free to agree I see what you are doing with every post because you are scum. That said, you've proved my point; you are keenly aware of the dice status. All I need to know is that you are scum seeing as I have no dice and if we lynch you we win. You, on the other hand have an investment in killing the monster and keeping up appearances.

As for the love doctor I was asked about; I have no dice so no I could not pick any options which supports the theory that the love doctor is scum controlled but doesn't prove it.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: August 15, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »

I don't know why we would no lynch. If we lynch after beating it if we get it wrong we could get the doctor thing or even the gr and kill the other person. I think nolynch just let's me or BA die and have to make the same decision the next day?
Well, not quite.

You've said the choices for GR are Lynchproofer, Doctor, and Vig. I don't think you've stated how much each one costs (I think you said the vig costs 15?) but if BA and I are the only ones that have dice, stored or otherwise, only him or I could get something if we really are visited by the GR. If PPS isn't lynched, he'll just kill BA. If we defeat the Monster, we should definitely no lynch since we get the reward and a chance for me to Doctor someone (If we were to defeat the Monster, I think we'd have to use my 12).

If we don't defeat the Monster, we have to lynch. One of the threats could be "kill a Townie" (it was one last game) and if we no lynch we'd certainly lose (one of BA, Me, Hydrad dies and PPS shoots whichever one of me/BA didn't). Maybe Jimmmmm changed it, but I don't think it'd be worth the risk.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: August 15, 2014, 01:42:34 pm »

You don't agree with anything I say because you are scum. While I am free to agree I see what you are doing with every post because you are scum. That said, you've proved my point; you are keenly aware of the dice status. All I need to know is that you are scum seeing as I have no dice and if we lynch you we win. You, on the other hand have an investment in killing the monster and keeping up appearances.

As for the love doctor I was asked about; I have no dice so no I could not pick any options which supports the theory that the love doctor is scum controlled but doesn't prove it.
Keenly aware? BA said what everyone had right when the day started. I mapped out mail-mi and mine actions since the beginning of the game. You've slipped, man and just shown that you don't read what people post.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4560 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:31 pm »

It is either lynch PPS or Archetype, there are no alternative lynches. Delaying that decision by way of No Lynch serves no useful purpose because the decision must be made and neither possibility will get removed from the table at night. Attempting to appear towny by arguing for No Lynch is reaching but I can't blame you. It's a decent gambit considering a Vig is just as likely to hit me as you and you get the quasi-cred if the other 2 guys don't already see through this ploy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: August 15, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »

A self-analysis:

As scum I tend to go down in flames early or remain relatively unsuspected right to the end. Generally I get late game implicated by PoE but no one can believe or wants to believe they've been fooled so well. Never as scum have I been suspected to be scum throughout the entirety of the game without getting lynched.

As town I tend to be suspected from the beginning. Occasionally I am D1 lynched either for brash play or because scum fears me. Generally though it looks just like this, all the way to the bitter end and often a final contender for the mislynch. There was that game where Axxle was scum and Robz had to make the call that felt just like this game is going down.

These thoughts were in mind while in the shower when I do my best Mafia thinking and I thought I'd put them in black and white since I am still struggling to identify exactly what I've learned this game. I suppose getting clarity on my role and its functions early on is a good lesson to take with me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18:12 pm »

You realize if the love doctor visited you last night you could of gained dice by becoming hated to help us kill the monster right? What made you not do that

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: August 16, 2014, 07:34:56 am »

You realize if the love doctor visited you last night you could of gained dice by becoming hated to help us kill the monster right? What made you not do that

Geez, I went to my QT to verify this. I was wrong, I got visited by the mentalist instead. He does say that since his advisor is dead I can pick who to send him to next. So, that whole line of reasoning about the love doctor is moot. I'd like to remind everyone I am in the first 3 months of my first child as some sort of excuse for this level of absentmindedness.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: August 16, 2014, 01:02:06 pm »

Ok well I'm just going to say. I have aquired 2 dice and am going to roll both of them to try and get a 9. If I don't it looks like it not possible to kill the monster so we may as well vote

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: August 16, 2014, 11:14:41 pm »

Ok well I'm just going to say. I have aquired 2 dice and am going to roll both of them to try and get a 9. If I don't it looks like it not possible to kill the monster so we may as well vote

Sounds good.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 17, 2014, 02:39:00 am »

Did anyone claim to recieve the Mentalist yesterday?

Why not try to roll a 10? Or...wait, ok. Nevermind. Now I see what you guys were doing.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 17, 2014, 04:02:23 am »

Lucky.

play:9

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 17, 2014, 04:03:19 am »

Hydrad plays a 9
Score: 0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 17, 2014, 07:52:13 am »

If your angle of attack is to smear me for not reading other peoples' posts then it might behoove you to read other peoples' posts. That I confused receiving the mentalist for having received the love doctor should be great material for you to continue your smear campaign but you would have to bother to read that stuff first.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 17, 2014, 12:14:39 pm »

I am going to roll next.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: August 17, 2014, 12:43:32 pm »

If your angle of attack is to smear me for not reading other peoples' posts then it might behoove you to read other peoples' posts. That I confused receiving the mentalist for having received the love doctor should be great material for you to continue your smear campaign but you would have to bother to read that stuff first.
The post I was referring to you not reading was literally one page before yours. I was asking because BA had said he was rereading things so maybe he had an answer. I have read every post this day. I haven't pointed out every single thing because you react like you did here. So, I'm just hoping BA and Hydrad take note of it because, hey, they can read too and I don't need to immediatly grab and emphasize something that happened 24 hours ago. Well, besides your scumslip. I missed that the first time I read your post.

What is your case on me? All I've heard so far is you saying I'm trying to make you out to be more scummy than you are when all I'm doing is laying out the facts.

Hydrad and BA: Do either of you have the Love Doctor?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 17, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »

I don't need a case. I know without any doubt whatsoever that you are scum. You are the one that needs a case in order to not appear to tbe the scum that you are.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 17, 2014, 06:50:59 pm »

You shouting "I'm Town! He's scum!" only speaks to the inability to show how I could be scum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: August 17, 2014, 07:39:21 pm »

You shouting "I'm Town! He's scum!" only speaks to the inability to show how I could be scum.

No, it speaks to a futility in doing the things you keep trying to get me to do that you as scum have to do (eg make cases) when at this point the game speaks for itself. Your best bet at this point is to argue that liopoil colored me scum the whole game for the distance garnered at this point.
I am here today because I played poorly (or made a poor gambit to get mislynched early) and am the easiest mark the final mislynch. Cases on me should be plentiful. You are here today because mail-mi played an excellent opening game (which I can be cased or credited for questioning intently) and you managed to avoid any drama between now and then. Cases on you therefore are going to be thin, which is why you want them made.
Ultimately it is a 50/50 guess for those who have to decide this game.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 20 queries.