Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547937 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #4425 on: August 07, 2014, 07:37:35 pm »

Just got back from euthanizing my 19 year old cat.

I don't care if we lynch lio or arch. To honor my word.

Vote: archetype

I'm sorry :(

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: August 07, 2014, 10:02:39 pm »

Vote Count 5.2

liopoil (1): Witherweaver
Beyond Awesome (1): Archetype
Archetype (3): liopoil, Hydrad, pingpongsam (L-1)

not voting (1 2): Beyond Awesome, Witherweaver

amended to reflect Witherweaver's unvoting.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 ends on August 9 at 2pm forum time.

Target: 25
Score: 16
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:48:10 pm by Jimmmmm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:33 pm »

Huh.  So uh.. I feel a lot better about Lio than Arch.  No more voting yet.  Also announcing L-1 is good.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: August 07, 2014, 10:08:26 pm »

Huh.  So uh.. I feel a lot better about Lio than Arch.  No more voting yet.  Also announcing L-1 is good.

Well you and BA hold the power in the if he dies or not so there really won't be a lynch unless BA does it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:18 pm »

Just got back from euthanizing my 19 year old cat.

I don't care if we lynch lio or arch. To honor my word.

Vote: archetype

That's horrible.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: August 07, 2014, 11:04:20 pm »

Well now that we're confirmed town, I hope Faust eats his hat or whatever he said he would do.  Unless he said he would quit Mafia; I don't want that.  I should have made him give his word for hat eating. I probably also shouldn't have fought with him so much   I also should have gone PPS instead of Ash yesterday.  Would that put us in the same situation here if PPS ended up town?

Well, maybe not.. if PPS is town we probably would have just lynched Ash for being dice destroyer because VT claim.

And now that its confirmed I'm NOT the die destroyer.  everyone still think it's factional?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: August 07, 2014, 11:07:47 pm »

So, Hydrad what makes you so confident that Arch is scum?

Just interactions and how things are playing out I guess. I would say I'm 90% sure arch is scum. Another thing that makes me believe its him is I think he has done the worst with roles out of all of us.

Honestly, I also feel Lio's rolls have been pretty bad as well. He can roll higher than 8, but hasn't the entire game, so there's that. Arch's rolls aren't all that amazing either though.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: August 07, 2014, 11:24:08 pm »

Just interactions and how things are playing out I guess. I would say I'm 90% sure arch is scum. Another thing that makes me believe its him is I think he has done the worst with roles out of all of us.

Honestly, I also feel Lio's rolls have been pretty bad as well. He can roll higher than 8, but hasn't the entire game, so there's that. Arch's rolls aren't all that amazing either though.

The thing with arch is on day 2 both his rolls ended up hurting us and then was it today? that he rolled a one? That ones understandable I guess.

And now that its confirmed I'm NOT the die destroyer.  everyone still think it's factional?

I think it might be factional now. Just incase scum got 2 town powers Jimmm might of given them that ability so that they can still hurt us.

And although I like the idea of your PPS theory I really don't think its right. If that theory was correct would PPS have made up that many changes in how his ability works? I feel like PPS would have had a certain lie for his power if he wanted to cover it up. Instead of doing the most awkward claim I've ever seen.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:19 pm »

Yeah, on the other hand, Ash did tell us that PPS like the boldest or something scum player.  It would be pretty diabolical to come up with a fake claim and pretend to not understand it just to seem townie.

Also, *everyone's * flavor name makes sense.  How does his power really Swindle?  Because he gives you something (for free) but it's less than you expected?  It's still something.. not like you paid for thoae d8s.  Unless someone did, in d12s.

Well I'm not totally sold in it, but I have no other explanation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:42 pm »

I mean as an alternative to factional.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:53 pm »

Actually, Ichi was Priest.. priest rerolled someone.. not sure how that fits anything.  A non dominion reference?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: August 08, 2014, 02:28:26 am »

Yeah, on the other hand, Ash did tell us that PPS like the boldest or something scum player.  It would be pretty diabolical to come up with a fake claim and pretend to not understand it just to seem townie
It's certainly been done. Scum faking mistakes like that I mean.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: August 08, 2014, 02:40:43 am »

Well now that we're confirmed town, I hope Faust eats his hat or whatever he said he would do.  Unless he said he would quit Mafia; I don't want that.  I should have made him give his word for hat eating. I probably also shouldn't have fought with him so much   I also should have gone PPS instead of Ash yesterday.  Would that put us in the same situation here if PPS ended up town?

Well, maybe not.. if PPS is town we probably would have just lynched Ash for being dice destroyer because VT claim.

Yes, I do think it's factional. Only other explanation would be that it's pps with weird fakeclaim? Well, pps is conf!scum now, so certainly possible, but it doesn't really matter and I still think that factional is just simpler.

Also, good to know that you guys aren't evil.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: August 08, 2014, 02:44:22 am »

Dude, bad rolls happen. And I may or may not have rolled higher than 8 on D2. (I didn't though :(). And Hydrad hasn't rolled above a 7, and he's town. And I mean, my dice have gone to a good purpose, so I probably have been rolling fewer dice than most people.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: August 08, 2014, 07:45:11 am »

Vote Count 5.2

liopoil (1): Witherweaver
Beyond Awesome (1): Archetype
Archetype (3): liopoil, Hydrad, pingpongsam (L-1)

not voting (1): Beyond Awesome

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 ends on August 9 at 2pm forum time.

Target: 25
Score: 16

This vote count is wrong, IIRC arch is voting for me and ww is not voting.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: August 08, 2014, 08:00:38 am »

So, given that BA and ww are cleared now, it is confirmed that the scum are in {arch, pps, lio}. So I know the scumteam, and the other two will pretend that they know the scumteam. This means that any one of us three will gladly vote for either of the other two. So it is up to our 3 ICs to decide which of us to lynch, 2 of them need to agree. Or we can no lynch, and it gets different...

Also, the ICs all have a QT together tonight, so assuming we don't lynch me they can discuss who the last scum is at night and the last words of whoever dies will live on.

So what happens if we no lynch? An IC dies, but they still get to tell us who/what they think is scum. Some other stuff might happen with the NPCs. Then tomorrow, the 3 suspects are still alive, and two of the ICs. The suspects will still be willing to vote for either of the others... but interestingly enough, either IC can decide what happens. An IC votes for one of the suspects, the other two suspects will hammer. If one of the suspects doesn't, the scumteam is confirmed and the other IC can hammer. But this would be a weird scenario, with either IC being able to decide who gets lynched. I think it is better that we don't go there then - this council of 3 ICs is better for us. We have 30 hours to lynch.

So, that's that I guess. Not sure what else there is to say. Anything that the ICs want me to address?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: August 08, 2014, 08:04:47 am »

ww/BA: why would arch vote for me the way he just did if he is town?

I know you didn't say he was town, but here is a reason to suspect him more, I think.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: August 08, 2014, 09:21:17 am »

Lio did a decent job of bussing early so tomorrow he can argue that I had to bus to survive the day and that were I the town betwixt us I would have been earlier on the wagon.

Guys, it doesn't matter if we lynch arch or lio today so long as we lynch the other tomorrow. I expect hydrad to be the NK since he is already in this mindset.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: August 08, 2014, 09:25:59 am »

I know you didn't say he was town, but here is a reason to suspect him more, I think.

I'll wait for Arch to come back.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: August 08, 2014, 09:30:52 am »

You guys both know that the night kill is going to be a bottomless pit of WIFOM and will provide no useful analysis.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: August 08, 2014, 09:31:47 am »

You guys both know that the night kill is going to be a bottomless pit of WIFOM and will provide no useful analysis.
Well, maybe.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: August 08, 2014, 09:35:32 am »

Lio did a decent job of bussing early so tomorrow he can argue that I had to bus to survive the day and that were I the town betwixt us I would have been earlier on the wagon.

Guys, it doesn't matter if we lynch arch or lio today so long as we lynch the other tomorrow. I expect hydrad to be the NK since he is already in this mindset.
pps did an awful job of bussing today so he's making this point today in an attempt to make up for it ahead of time.

Guys, it doesn't matter if we lynch arch or pps today so long as we lynch the other tomorrow. I expect... well, no, scum will do whatever they see fit and I have no idea what this will be. pps might though, because he's scum.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: August 08, 2014, 09:38:54 am »

I'll wait for Arch to come back.
good call.

Well, maybe.
What I mean by this:

Let's say ic1 thinks it's Suspect1, and ic2 thinks it's Suspect2, and these statements are very well known to everyone. If ic1 dies I would suspect Suspect1 more, and the same with ic2/Suspect2. This would just be a slight suspicion though, because of wifom of course. But it doesn't just go to nothing, it is just weakened.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: August 08, 2014, 10:45:03 am »

The thing with arch is on day 2 both his rolls ended up hurting us and then was it today? that he rolled a one? That ones understandable I guess.

I think it might be factional now. Just incase scum got 2 town powers Jimmm might of given them that ability so that they can still hurt us.

And although I like the idea of your PPS theory I really don't think its right. If that theory was correct would PPS have made up that many changes in how his ability works? I feel like PPS would have had a certain lie for his power if he wanted to cover it up. Instead of doing the most awkward claim I've ever seen.

Oh I should also point out, in my scenario PPS isn't really lying; he actually does give out dice, like he said.  There's just another part that he didn't say. 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: August 08, 2014, 03:06:37 pm »

Not too active today. Deadline is under 24 hours... I probably won't be around at deadline, but probably will be a few hours before.

Can we lynch arch now, please?
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.407 seconds with 20 queries.