Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547850 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #4325 on: August 05, 2014, 11:13:09 am »

I will say this. I don't really see a possibility of lio/pps being the scum team. So if we believe that we can just lynch arch as I feel hes scum from one of the team members. I guess its because I'm dead tomorrow so I want to find his partner too.

Why is that?  I see them as the more likely one.
Yeah, because I "epicly bussed" or whatever?

Well it's probably biased a lot by a town read on Archetype and a scum read on both of you, and that this hardcore bussing could easily be staged.

I am trying to ignore all my previous biases while looking at the PPS/Archetype thing, though. 

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: August 05, 2014, 06:26:18 pm »

Checking in quickly.

How does archetype call me and pps scummy, then vote for BA?
I'm looking at the facts. We have one unclaimed power that can remove dice, and one power that is unconfirmed and has a role name that matches the aforementioned power pretty well. I dont believe that the dice destroyer power is factional, so unless someone can give me a narrative where PPS or liopoil is the dice destroyer, I have to go with the most logical choice.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: August 05, 2014, 06:32:06 pm »

Checking in quickly.

I'm looking at the facts. We have one unclaimed power that can remove dice, and one power that is unconfirmed and has a role name that matches the aforementioned power pretty well. I dont believe that the dice destroyer power is factional, so unless someone can give me a narrative where PPS or liopoil is the dice destroyer, I have to go with the most logical choice.

I did that.  A Swindler doesn't just give stuff out.  A Swindler that takes away higher-valued die (d12s) and gives out lower-valued dice (d8s), well, that's kind of like Swindling.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: August 05, 2014, 11:52:35 pm »

So, just rereading the thread, the thing is that there is little content from mail-arch in comparison to everyone else. In general, I find his postings very towny, but this might also be because he has not called much attention upon himself. So, I don't know here. He also has been VLA, a lot. If he were someone's partner, I can see him going either way being Lio's or PPS partner. I still feel safest lynching Lio though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: August 06, 2014, 02:46:47 am »

So, just rereading the thread, the thing is that there is little content from mail-arch in comparison to everyone else. In general, I find his postings very towny, but this might also be because he has not called much attention upon himself. So, I don't know here. He also has been VLA, a lot. If he were someone's partner, I can see him going either way being Lio's or PPS partner. I still feel safest lynching Lio though.
This post doesn't say... anything. When evaluating the chance that one of us three is scum, you need to ask "could the scumteam be the other two players?" The player not in the least likely scumteam is the one we should lynch today. I don't know which of pps-lio or lio-arch is the less likely scumteam from the perspective of everyone else, but I do know that it sure isn't pps-arch, because that's the one that's true.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: August 06, 2014, 02:48:36 am »

Checking in quickly.

I did that.  A Swindler doesn't just give stuff out.  A Swindler that takes away higher-valued die (d12s) and gives out lower-valued dice (d8s), well, that's kind of like Swindling.
Yep. In a convoluted scenario it could be pps (the convoluted scenario isn't too unlikely though), in a even more convoluted scenario you could probably come up with a way that it could be me, and of course it could be factional.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:01 am »

Would people be interested in me doing a reread of arch/pps, or would people just shrug it off as "lol he's biased!". I'd just post the stuff they say about each other, without an agenda.

Oh, and whatever happened with the love doctor? Nobody has it? I guess it could be bad for town to claim it if they got hated...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: August 06, 2014, 09:26:58 am »

Would people be interested in me doing a reread of arch/pps, or would people just shrug it off as "lol he's biased!". I'd just post the stuff they say about each other, without an agenda.

Oh, and whatever happened with the love doctor? Nobody has it? I guess it could be bad for town to claim it if they got hated...

So the thing is, you kind of should have already wanted to do that.  If you were seriously considering the BA/me possibility (which, by your own admission, you were), then you would have wanted to reread to see if PPS/Arch makes sense so that you could figure out the correct lynch, not so that you could prevent yourself from being lynched.

Anyway, you're welcome do make the posts, of course, and whatever arguments.  I'm already compiling such a post.. I've mainly just quoted everything PPS/Mail-Mi said about each other in days 1-2, before Archetype came.  I haven't gone through Day 4 yet.  I'll try to finish that post today.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: August 06, 2014, 11:11:22 am »

So the thing is, you kind of should have already wanted to do that.  If you were seriously considering the BA/me possibility (which, by your own admission, you were), then you would have wanted to reread to see if PPS/Arch makes sense so that you could figure out the correct lynch, not so that you could prevent yourself from being lynched.

Anyway, you're welcome do make the posts, of course, and whatever arguments.  I'm already compiling such a post.. I've mainly just quoted everything PPS/Mail-Mi said about each other in days 1-2, before Archetype came.  I haven't gone through Day 4 yet.  I'll try to finish that post today.
I have read their stuff, just haven't made a big post.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: August 06, 2014, 05:36:41 pm »

Okay, first part of reading.. this is PPS on Mail-Mi from days 1-3.  I quoted almost all the posts where PPS mentions Mail-Mi, so for the tl;dr part scroll down to the end.

So early PPS on Mail-Mi:

Day 1:
The way I see it, mail-mi better prove to us that he has a role that benefits from not rolling in the next couple days. if he doesn't, we lynch him. Until then, I don't like the idea of weakening a likely town PR.

Right, but the problem is, he basically came out and said that the longer he goes without rolling, the more powerful he'll be.  So why wouldn't scum just kill him tonight?  Especially if he doesn't roll, because then they get rid of even more dice.

(Basically what Faust said.)

I trust that a town!mail-mi knows best and is playing optimally for his supposed role. Judging by the previous Dice game it is entirely possible for scum to be deprived of their N1 kill so there's at least one way around this conundrum. As it is, I am giving mail-mi a D1 pass but I want to see what I bought D2. Also, if we need his roll to kill the troll then I think he should do so regardless of his role.

What if scum!mail-mi's role gets more powerful if he manages to not roll today?

This actually seems very plausible because effectively not rolling as scum would take big balls.

This actually seems very plausible because effectively not rolling as scum would take big balls.

Is there a precedent from the last game of such a role?

Not that I am aware of. I am thinking of it more from a design standpoint. It makes more sense to make a scum role that gets more powerful if they succeed in doing something public that would certainly be in scum's interest to be doing. The obvious angle is to claim you are going to be a more powerful Town role. Also, I was imagining how the role might get more powerful and I imagined one in which I steal dice (because I know dice were stolen) and if I can maintain a certain number of dice into the night I have access to a better power. Nothing about that sounds towny though I am Town with a directly anti-town role power.

Anyway, all that is to say that I think we should weigh the risk vs. reward in case mail-mi is scum. while a super powered Townie is always nice (maybe he loses all dice but becomes IC?) is is worth the risk of a super power scum? I, personally, think I'd rather mitigate the risk of a super powered scum being created at the loss of a potential super powered Townie.

Initially I was going along with mail-mi because I considered his forward and blatant claim to be ardent for scum to be making but now that I deliberate on it I am not so certain it wasn't the only real move he had to make as scum. It has to at least be considered.

I should note that all I am really considering is not a lynch but whether he should be made to roll, so I think the stakes are rather low, actually.

Mail-mi, would you care to respond to my analysis on the implications if you are scum? By that, I do not mean defend yourself but state if and why you think letting us make you super power is a fair risk to take should you prove to be scum. In other words, in terms of risk assessment how is not more prudent to force you to roll regardless of your alignment?

I'd love to hear others respond as well. I think it is an important point but no one seems to care.

Removing the personality of mail-mi from the situation the question boils down to "is the gamble of a potential town super power worth the risk of a scum super power when the mechanism to defusing the situation is not a lynch but a dice roll".

I think that if we obviate mail-mi from doing it as scum we have to obviate him doing it as town. Thus, the fact that he is in fact doing it is a null on his alignment. What I perceive him to be doing is following the path his role dictates and the path has the same resistance regardless of alignment. If my role says "avoid rolling dice on day x become more powerful on day y" then it is not a cunning plan to do just that. Mail-mi is no way indicted with his behavior; it is null all the way around. It does however put the onus on town to reach consensus on allowing. I, for one, am thinking I would rather forgo an inflated town PR to mitigate a possible inflated scum PR.

But wouldn't town do the same thing?

Yes. We aren't talking about lynch here, though. We're talking about losing a town PR to defuse the threat of what could actually be a scum PR. Mail-mi thinks it exonerates him if he rolls when needed when I would contend he is only exonerated if he rolls at all. If box or his replacement succeeds in killing the troll the question still remains whether we just allowed a scum PR to strengthen or not. My question has been avoided all along, completely derailed by a false premise. It is a yes or no question for each person to decide; is the threat of mail-mi's power to potentially be scum sufficient deterrent to gaining a potential town PR? This has no implication of being 50/50 and nothing to with lynching mail-mi. In fact, that the question I have repeatedly ask remains unanswered while being twisted into other forms makes me think mail-mi is likely town for certainty.

Vote: ashersky

We are counting on mail-mi on a later day showing us his power. Even if he is scum, he will be forced to use his power in a pro-town way. also, there is an important distinction to be made - does not rolling enable/boost your power, or do you just want to save dice to use your power?

mail-mi, don't answer that, we clearly have a thief amongst us.

We are counting on mail-mi on a later day showing us his power. Even if he is scum, he will be forced to use his power in a pro-town way. also, there is an important distinction to be made - does not rolling enable/boost your power, or do you just want to save dice to use your power?

mail-mi, don't answer that, we clearly have a thief amongst us.
what do you think of the first two sentences of the quote? I am saying that it seems highly unlikely that he is scum who has a pro-scum power which will be helped by this, because if he isn't pro-town with his power we will lynch him.

Unless the scum super power is lynch proof...

<Some more posts on whether or not Mail-Mi should roll>

Day 2:

FOS: early rollers. Some people have fewer dice and so would prefer to roll early. Scum OTOH, would love nothing more than to roll early.

Maybe, if I were scum I would like to see what got played and then maybe had an unfortunate roll wherein I was forced to play an already played value. However, since we continue to see applicable rolls coming in there is some credence to this FOS. Also, after thinking on mail-mi's rolls I do have to say it could be a scum action; I would feel more strongly if both rolls were high numbers. Making sure 2 decent weights are out of the pool would be an excellent scum maneuver.

All that said, I am strongly of the opinion that dice rolls are largely WIFOM. Strong/weak rolls can affirm town/scum reads but I think it can be dangerous to let them form the read. There is far more to be garnered from player interactions and night actions.  As such, I am still opposed to mass claiming.

I guess what we have to think about is if the Orc's attack on Mail-Mi was random or targeted by scum.  It does say scum have the ability to control the monsters.

I believe that scum will understand the effect the attack will have on the target. mail-mi was a good target regardless of his alignment. I view mail-mi very null as a result. If he is town then scum know his power now. Surely he was doctored last night (were he town) and thus was a terrible Mafia target by any stretch.

How many votes is that on me? Also, can you guys please give reasons for voting for me? Thanks.

You're scummy. Scumhunting based solely on rolls is scummy. You opening D2 with a roll is scummy. You claiming to have been targeted by the Thief is scummy.

Oh, I forgot: You knowing that mail-mi was attacked is scummy.

That was in the thread for opening D2. I am sure I was not the only town person to have read that.

Okay then, who is the other town player who knew it?

Me! Knowing that mail-mi got attacked was a function of reading the 1st post of the day by Jimmmmm and is almost ridiculous to base a scum read on the fact that anyone bothered to read that. when mail-mi's rolls didn't count I immediately understood that it was a result of his being attacked.

Reread D1. Wow, so I totally get what is going on with XP and faust and now feel very good that they are both Town. Extremely unlikely either are scum.

So I have a 5-tiered scumometer:

Might as well lynch now - - ashersky

Sure does look like scum - - Beyond Awesome, Ichimaru

Nullolicious - - Withers, Hydrad

Not so null but no Townie of the year either - - liopoil, chairs

Club Town - - faust, XP, pps

(No Mail-Mi in this read?.. because he /outed by then?  Still..)

Day 3: (Mail-Mi is gone, Arch is in)

No mention or Arch joining.. first post that mentions Mail-Mi:

ashersky - 10 became 3
liopoil - 7 became 6 (no idea what is happening here)
chairs - 12
mail-mi
faust
Witherweaver
Beyond Awesome
Ichimaru Gin
Hydrad
pingpongsam

this list is nothing more than the list of players as provided by Jimmmmm when he opened the day, there is no other method to the ordering.
I propose that before anyone else rolls we see if there is an effect to chairs' roll. Following that I would to have a predetermined rolling order. I'm fine with the above but of course, since I have posted it and I am last on the list I can only imagine there are those who oppose it if not for other reasons. I'm not entirely sure the actual order matters so much as the fact that we go in an order.

One idea might be to assign ourselves numbers like so:

1 - mail-mi
2 - faust
3 - Witherweaver
4 - Beyond Awesome
5 - Ichimaru Gin
6 - Hydrad
7 - pingpongsam

then let the randomizer order us like so...

This dice roll may have been tampered with!
Rolled 1d7 : 6, total 6

...so that whoever just got picked rolls and in their play post they randomize the next person.

Does not even mention Archetype all day.

----------------------------------------------

Three things of interest:

1) His first inclination is that if Mail-Mi is town, then he knows what best to do with his role so it's okay. Obviously if we need him to roll we'll require it.  Then he seems to reconsider and think about the case where Mail-Mi is scum and has a scum power that gets better if he doesn't roll.  He argues that Mail-Mi should be required to roll to prevent this scenario, not to prove his claim.

2) Mail-Mi was more or less dropped on Day 2.  He opened up with the double roll, which kind of confirmed Mail-Mi's role as being something like "don't roll one day, play extra the next day".  Mail-Mi is strangely absent from the list of reads.  Yuma/e is gone as well.

3) Mail-Mi is no longer playing on Day 3, but PPS refers to him instead of Archetype.

There is still more to go.  Need to see what Mail-Mi said about PPS on Days 1,2, and also everything with Archetype, including what Archetype himself said on Day 3 and what their interactions were on Day 4.

However, from just this.. the scumteam narrative would be that other than a lot of talk about his role and the implications if he's scum on Day 1, PPS largely stays away from Mail-Mi.  This could be scum thinking they have to cast some doubt on their partner and then kind of forgetting they need to keep doing it. 

I don't find the scumteam narrative that compelling so far.  The mixed faction narrative is a little stronger... PPS first accepts Mail-Mi's role and then later reconsiders.  This isn't definitive, but if they were partners then PPS would know Mail-Mi's role, and have an idea of how he plans to react to Mail-Mi's claim.. this interaction reads more like PPS not really knowing what Mail-Mi's role is, and either trying to paint him scummy as scum or trying to scumhunt as town.  So call this part null to slightly for mixed-alignment.

When I list my reads as scum and I'm doing all the players, I don't think I ever forget to say something about my partner.    This could be intentional cleverness, leaving both town!e and partner!Arch off, but I'm not so sure about that.

Thirdly, when your scum partner drops out of the game and gets replaced, do you forget that and still talk about the original player?

So right now I'm finding it a little unlikely.  But, there is still more to go.  Let me know if I've missed something so far, or if anyone has other (maybe better) interpretations.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: August 06, 2014, 05:47:20 pm »

Okay, Mail-Mi on PPS is much shorter:

Day 1:

I just discovered that someone swiped half my supply of dice last night.

Points to you being town, with scum stealing your dice.

Or you (or your partner) has the dice-stealing scum power and you are preemptively claiming to have been robbed when you actually didn't use the power for yet even more cred.

Well, if anyone had investigative power last night and witnessed me getting targeted then I would be willing to lynch that person.

Nope, no trackers or watchers. Or at least, town-aligned ones.

Okay, I am going to give a quick read. Right now, I think the most important thing is wait and see what the other players end up rolling, but we do have some information right now to work from. I am suspicious of any player that gets a low roll, so that means Volt and Ichi are the two most suspicious in my eyes. Although, it could very well be they just got bad rolls.

As far as PPS, I have reread his posts, and I am not sure what to think. First, he says, something prevents him from rolling. Then, he mentions that he had his dice swiped. Then, he rolls and then he states that he rolled his dice without knowing he had his dice stolen. However, I don't see how this is possible if he admits at first something was preventing him from rolling. Also, he has to roll from his QT, and he should have seen that his supply of dice was lower. This sounds very suspicious of me. I recommend that everyone goes back and rereads PPS earlier posts and tell me what you guys think.

I feel mail-mi is town, although I don't like him semi-claiming. But, I can see why he is doing it and telling us now, so that we know why he is withholding from rolling. So, for now, I think mail-mi is more Townie.

I also get a real town vibe from Faust, especially for putting the stats and rolls needed to defeat the monsters.

I also feel XP is town, but I don't like him also sort of semi-claiming early on. His interactions seem townie to me.

And, I am getting a town vibe on WW for having the Legacy Stone and also for being pretty engaged in this game.

I get null reads on liopoli, chairs, and ashersky.

As far as Yuma, BoxofDog, and Hydrad, we need more interactions from them and rolls.

I don't recall ever staing or having reason to state I was being prevented from rolling. In fact, I rolled as soon as I possibly could. I think you may be referring to the bit about "evenings" which I thought were real time evenings that we could not roll. I went ahead and submitted my roll ASAP but had no expectation of results until the next day. Jimmmmm clarified that evenings were "twilight"... or something, I guess, whatever, he gave me my results and I posted them right thereafter.

You tell me what Jimmmmm meant when he said we can't roll in the "evenings". In my time zone, when I was able to post and thus play it was definitely evening.

Evening
48 hours prior to deadline, the game enters the Evening phase. Unless specifically stated otherwise, no Day actions can be submitted during the Evening. Rolling dice cannot be done during the Evening, however playing and storing dice can.

Is there a precedent from the last game of such a role?

Not that I am aware of. I am thinking of it more from a design standpoint. It makes more sense to make a scum role that gets more powerful if they succeed in doing something public that would certainly be in scum's interest to be doing. The obvious angle is to claim you are going to be a more powerful Town role. Also, I was imagining how the role might get more powerful and I imagined one in which I steal dice (because I know dice were stolen) and if I can maintain a certain number of dice into the night I have access to a better power. Nothing about that sounds towny though I am Town with a directly anti-town role power.

Anyway, all that is to say that I think we should weigh the risk vs. reward in case mail-mi is scum. while a super powered Townie is always nice (maybe he loses all dice but becomes IC?) is is worth the risk of a super power scum? I, personally, think I'd rather mitigate the risk of a super powered scum being created at the loss of a potential super powered Townie.

Initially I was going along with mail-mi because I considered his forward and blatant claim to be ardent for scum to be making but now that I deliberate on it I am not so certain it wasn't the only real move he had to make as scum. It has to at least be considered.

is this the one you're talking about?

mail-mi even tells us that his power is anti-town.
Never said that. You're probably thinking of PPS, who did say that.

Day 2:

Vote Count 1.7 - Final

Ichimaru Gin (1): Voltaire
Beyond Awesome (1): Witherweaver
Voltaire (eight): mail-mi, Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin, XerxesPraelor, Beyond Awesome, faust, pingpongsam, ashersky
Witherweaver (1): chairs
pingpongsam (1): yuma
mail-mi (1): liopoil

not voting (1): BoxOfDog

With 14 alive, it took 8 to lynch.

Voltaire has been lynched. He was a Mafia Roleblocker.

Okay so just by nature of wagon analysis: lio, yuma, chairs, and Witherweaver look bad for being off wagon. I'd also expect scum to be around the middle of voltaire's wagon if they were on it, so like Ichi, XP, and BA.

And just from wagon, I think I'm gonna vote: chairs and also because of this post:

I'm not sure I follow why there's a big Voltaire wagon.  What am I missing?

which he posted, then never posted until the lynch again.

So Mail-Mi never really brings up PPS in terms of reads.  The interactions on his end are mostly answering questions.  The thing of interest is, PPS talks about Mail-Mi being scum, Mail-Mi doesn't really react.. PPS asks Mail-Mi what he thinks about it.. Mail-Mi asks which post he's talking about ("this one?"), and that question is never answered and Mail-Mi doesn't say any more about it.  (Unless I missed it.)

This part might point more to them being partners than not. 

I mention the Volt wagon analysis because PPS isn't mentioned in it.  PPS was at the end of the wagon, so that could be coincidental or it could not.

Well, Mail-Mi reads a little more like he could be PPS's partner than PPS reads like he could be Mail-Mi's.  Minimal interactions from the Mail-Mi -> PPS direction.. he barely talks about PS.  Of course Mail-Mi barely talks about anyone, so hard to judge.

On to Day 3-4 with Archetype.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: August 07, 2014, 01:55:50 am »

ok well just letting everyone know I think we have like 12 hours till deadline?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: August 07, 2014, 01:57:27 am »

I'll say this now. I think PPS is the towniest and would rather not lynch him tonight. lio/arch is who I want to vote for. I will be on within 4 hours of deadline and pretty much until deadline.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: August 07, 2014, 07:29:54 am »

I can't see myself voting Arch above Lio.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:44 am »

Well I'm totally fine with lynching lio right now as we are starting to run out of time. What happens if PPS and BA arn't on before the deadline?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: August 07, 2014, 11:21:41 am »

Well I'm totally fine with lynching lio right now as we are starting to run out of time. What happens if PPS and BA arn't on before the deadline?

Then it would be no lynch, and that would be quite bad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: August 07, 2014, 11:42:25 am »

I'm here and a lio lynch works for me.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:11 am »

The day ends on 8/9. Evening is sometime today. The two are not the same.
Even so, I don't see that there is much left to contribute at this point. I mean we can discuss night actions but the game is decided by today's lynch flip, right?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: August 07, 2014, 11:47:32 am »

The day ends on 8/9. Evening is sometime today. The two are not the same.
Even so, I don't see that there is much left to contribute at this point. I mean we can discuss night actions but the game is decided by today's lynch flip, right?

Decided?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: August 07, 2014, 11:50:04 am »

Wait I'm confused. evenng doesn't mean the days done? What does evening mean then

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #4345 on: August 07, 2014, 11:51:02 am »

Early Day 4 from Arch for reference:

Alright, caught up.

First thing's first: WW and BA are very likely Town. The only scenario that sounds remotely possible is that the Town reward for "Council" is that two scum are placed in a QT with two town, but the two scum are kept hidden. Then the following day, instead of keeping quiet about being in the group, they could have thought they were caught as the two secret players and claimed Masons instead. Sort of as a "all-in" strategy. Witherweaver could have thought of this mid-day, as illustrated with his denial here:

BA WW and arche. were any of you in a council room not with me? If a few more people confirm they were not in a council room we will know that there was only one council room created.

Not I.

and his acceptance here:

I am Alice.  I know who Bob is, but I'll let him claim.

We were made Masons.  We were confirmed town to each other in our private QTs.  We were also informed that Ichimaru and Hydrad would join the neighborhood, but they did not have their alignment confirmed.

His followup...

Actually I'm just going to out it to save time.

BeyondAwesome is Bob.  He's town.  I choose to Sabotage him because he was confirmed town to me.  I didn't have any idea he'd have a low die stored.

...makes sense. Since BA had no idea what Masons were until BA claimed it, WW went ahead and did it for him instead of waiting for him to do it. And then BA played a stored die, WW claimed to have targeted him, when actually the "Saboteur" power is the dice destructor. Hm, well, but actually Hydrad claimed that in the QT that Bob and Alice mentioned that they were Masons. Hm. Well, that puts a damper on that theory. But really, that's all it is - a theory. No way that we'll lynch one of BA/WW when I'm pretty sure that both scum are within {PPS, liopoil, ashersky}.

I think I'm going to throw faust into that group too. His tunnel vision on WW/BA being a scumteam comes off as scum seeing the Masons as big threats, and trying to get one lynched and then the other NK'd. Of course faust would likely be the lynch the following day, but him having been visited by the Grim Reaper, and having the potential of a 1-shot Lynchproof, would save him from the lynch. Also, my receiving of the Mentalist lessens my town read on faust for him receiving it.

For the 3 people who claim to have had dice stolen from them (ashersky, faust, and Hydrad), we have two scenarios:

1) The Ogre's power is to steal dice from someone. Only problem with this theory is that Jimmmmm never posted a "[Player Name] has been attacked by the Ogre!" which makes it unlikely that someone was targeted. So that leaves...

2) One of them is lying scum. (Maybe two?)  faust said that he tried to steal from PPS and he failed. That leaves only one dice destructor. Why would scum claim to be stolen from?

ashersky - He was in the lynch group of {PPS, liopoil, ashersky} and it could be a grab for Town cred to get himself out of the group.

faust - If I remember correctly, faust mentioned being stolen from last. I have no idea why he'd put the spotlight on himself like that, unless he already felt like it was on him and wanted to be in good light.

Hydrad - This guy is sitting pretty if he's scum. Why would he claim and draw unnecessary attention to himself? Doesn't make sense. His claim only strengthens my town read on him.

Alright. So, one of {faust, ashersky} is likely scum and Hydrad got his dice stolen/destroyed. Looking at claims, who's the most likely liar?

ashersky - Could be easily lying. VT claim is very safe and is actually what I was expecting ashersky to claim as scum. With one extra role and one empty "slot" within the VT, him having some sort of dice stealing/destructing role makes the most sense.

faust - He has the perfect cover up with his Universal Backup -> Town Thief inheritance thing, but the extra stealing has been confirmed from the previous night (IIRC). So, it's very unlikely that Faust is the dice destructor, but is almost certainly a dice stealer.

Hydrad - With BA's claim, it's unlikely that Hydrad is lying about his power unless both him and BA are scum. Which isn't possible.

BA - Could be a dice destructor, but isn't super likely. Hydrad's claim also helps confirm that his power is actually what it is.

liopoil - faust, Ichimaru, and I have all confirmed his power to be what it is. After faust, he's the least likely to be the dice destructor.

WW - Second most likely to be a dice destructor. Saboteur makes perfect sense as a Dice Destructor (and I think WW was the first to suggest the possibility of such a thing) and no one has confirmed WW's power yet, but I believe him not only because he's most likely Town. Mostly, his claim just seems too complicated to be fake.

pingpongsam - He refuses to use his power, which makes sense if it is what it is. It's almost impossible to confirm even if he did use it, and after Time War mafia it's defintally a power he would fake claim.

From a purely claim standpoint, most likely to the dice dude to least:

ashersky
Witherweaver (MASON)
pingpongsam
Beyond Awesome (MASON)
Hydrad
liopoil
faust

Now it's time for pairings. I'm only voting amongst {faust, liopoil, PPS, ashersky}, so I'll only be looking at them.

faust/liopoil: The N1 dice giving makes sense here. I'm fairly certain that at least one of ashersky/PPS are scum, so I don't think that this is a likely pairing.
faust/PPS: This pairing is possible with PPS fakeclaiming being stolen from. I like what someone (BA?) said about them likely being the same alignment.
faust/ashersky: Much more likely than PPS/faust IMO. Ashersky puts some pressure on faust with his 'faustes aurelias whatever' thing. The fact that faust didn't react too much to it makes it more likely that it was staged.
liopoil/PPS: This is very likely as well. liopoil says that he's had a scumread on PPS for awhile and sees this now as an opportunity to try and bus him for towncred. liopoil has never given dice to PPS yet. Though maybe he can only give it Town players?
liopoil/ashersky: This could be a thing. ashersky has pushed for liopoil relatively hard since the beginning and brings him up whenever he starts to slip out of focus. liopoil never giving dice to ashersky is weird here too.
PPS/ashersky: Most likely pairing as they are my two highest scumreads. But I don't think ash would be this...lax? If both him and his partner were both lynch candidates like this. Though maybe after the D1 Voltaire, he's just sort of given up. PPS's die rolling thing is super, super scummy though.

So, my lynch preference is...

PPS -> ashersky -> liopoil -> faust

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: August 07, 2014, 11:51:14 am »

Wait I'm confused. evenng doesn't mean the days done? What does evening mean then

No more rolling.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: August 07, 2014, 11:54:24 am »

Should note that that post I quoted from Archetype was under the assumption that Ash was claiming to have had dice taken from him, which we later discovered he actually spent on the Love Doctor.  So some of the analysis is on faulty data.  But I still thought it might be relevant for possible pairing scenarios.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: August 07, 2014, 01:05:12 pm »

This one is a bit later:

Alright. I'm 90% sure that the two scum are in {faust, PPS, liopoil, ashersky}. 5% chance that Hydrad is scum and 5% chance that BA/WW really are scum. Looking at that, we have 5 options today:

Lynch faust:
With his association with ash, he's moved up in my scum rankings. However, he has enough dice to perform an investigation for us if he's Town, or lie about one if he's scum. There is some WIFOM whether or not scum will kill him if he's Town and whether or not I'll actually give it to him. Plus, he's very unlikely to be the dice destroyer. Not an option.

Lynch PPS: What I want to do tbh. Has the most likely pairings and has played a very scummy game while not coming under too much scrutiny.

Lynch liopoil: Leaving him alive will force him to pump more dice into circulation. He has laid very low... so low that he's flown relatively under the radar. However, the only paring that really makes sense starting with him is with ash because he's very unlikely to be the dice destroyer and ash is. Not an option.

Lynch ash: Hurst my ego a bit, but I'm less certain that he's scum. I still think that he could be the dice destroyer, but the whole ploy with the Love Doctor just seems so unlike ash and makes no sense if he's scum. Him possibly being the dice destroyer puts him as a good lynch option.

No Lynch: I smell something fishy with faust's no lynch plan. I agree with BA that there's no reason to no lynch if we have 2 perfect scum candidates and something could easily go wrong depending on who scum kill. Still, I'd rather do this than lynch liopoil or faust.

I'm going to vote PPS, but I want to check the vote count first. PPE: 7

This post makes a Arch/Lio pairing seem more likely than an Arch/PPS.  Says Lio is scummy but has reasons to not vote for him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: August 07, 2014, 01:15:15 pm »

Here's where Arch votes PPS (one of the times, at least, may have happened more):

Looks like liopoil, WW, and I are the only ones of PPS's wagon.

Vote: PPS

These posts don't really sound like partner-bussing to me:

Are you guys really going to no lynch? Its obviously faust/pingpongsam. If we no lynch today, I'm likely going to be NK'd and then faust and PPS will try to push WW or BAs lynch tommorow.

Are you guys really going to no lynch? Its obviously faust/pingpongsam. If we no lynch today, I'm likely going to be NK'd and then faust and PPS will try to push WW or BAs lynch tommorow.

Part of me wants to lose just to be able to tell you "told you so". Why is it "obviously" me/pps? I thought ash is caught scum?
My scumread on ash lessened after the Love Doctor thing. You defending PPS like you are points to you and him being scumpartners.

Finally faust's sentiments about wanting some schadenfreude mirror my own and I see that as towny as hell because I am towny as hell.

You speak with certainty you cannot have unless you are scum.

This was after going after Ash fairly heavily.  He had gone away from Ash and to PPS.  This follows a bit later:

Now I'm starting to come around to an ash lynch. It's just too big of a risk if he is indeed Loved and left alive tomorrow.

This would be a good way to get out of lynching his partner (PPS) in that scenario.  Would have also required some good foresight or just riding the tides well.

But he doesn't actually move off of PPS:

Now I'm starting to come around to an ash lynch. It's just too big of a risk if he is indeed Loved and left alive tomorrow.
who's his partner you think? If it's pps, then don't move your vote. If it's somebody else, you're probably wrong.
You or Faust. Or PPS. I'm not quite sure. ashersky could easily be busing you and faust and him could be scummates working together to lynch one of the Masons and kill the other that night. But both of those scenarios are big ifs. PPS doesn't make 100% sense as a partner, but he's just so scummy that he has to be scum.

But I guess if we do lynch his partner, he won't be invincible tomorrow if he is Loved.

Later:

But seriously let's lynch PPS. Or ash. I'm pretty sure they're both scum at this point and are pulling out all stops to get one of WW/BA lynched so they can have a good laugh when Town lynches a Mason.

Right now, though, we know scum are in WW/BA or the other group.  We can eliminate one group as possible by lynching within it, but can't for the other.
Except that one is selected by a reward and the other isn't. I'm not going to try to argue with you about how WW/BA being Masons is the most plausible reward because it's been many times before at many different angles.

Intent to hammer. I prefer PPS, but ash has a better chance at being the dice destroyer and it's not unlikely that they are both scum.

But he never actually switches.  Man this reads a lot more like an Arch/Ash partner than Arch/PPS.  He maintains it's Ash/PPS almost the entire time (but also keeps Liopoil in his list of suspects), but never takes his vote off of PPS to Ash once he puts it on PPS.  And PPS was a very likely candidate. 

The parenthetical there is of interest because it points to Lio/Arch, but the focus here is on the Arch/PPS possibility.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 188  All

Page created in 3.618 seconds with 20 queries.