Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548511 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #4200 on: July 31, 2014, 05:48:28 pm »

Lio, have you rolled yet?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »

Hydrad, how did you end up with 0 dice?  Do you have anything stored?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #4202 on: July 31, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »

play: 5

Catching up now.
Ichi gets all the heat for his roll but none for volt? vote: volt.

ACtually makes me think ichi is townier because the scums are going to put more pressure on a townie than on a partner.

Very early post by Mairchetype.  Does Volt's scum buddy do this to him when no one else has paid much attention to it?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: July 31, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »

Mairchetype never changes his vote from Volt at all.  First on the wagon and rides it until lynch.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #4204 on: July 31, 2014, 07:12:33 pm »

Weird, both Mairchetype's double rolls have been high-low:

Play: 11

Play: 3

Play: 9

Play: 1

I want to reread WW/BA and PPS/liopoil with the view of them being partners before placing a vote because this could be game over if I'm wrong about BA/WW.

Arch, can you provide any insight to this?  I don't remember the details of how your roll works and haven't found the post.. do you get extra dice that are not in your supply to roll, or can you just play an extra one from the dice that you rolled?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #4205 on: July 31, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »

Haha this gem from Ash:

Lio/PPS are the remaining scum.  This D2 gambit by PPS is classic scum!pps.  Lio is hiding and hoping we'll forget.

I'll take my town MVP now.

vote: liopoil and pps

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: July 31, 2014, 07:25:26 pm »

I'm not using that as evidence or anything.. Ash pretty much heavily suspected everyone still alive at this point.. even going after Hydrad for the Beastmaster thing.  And his early reads were heavily Lio and Mail-Mi, then PPS started to move into them.  In particular:

At least you aren't uselessly refusing to vote for anyone besides mail-mi today anymore.

I still want to lynch mail-mi.

I think mail-mi/PPS/liopoil or mail-mi/liopoil/hydrad at this point.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #4207 on: July 31, 2014, 07:57:59 pm »

Okay found it:

I don't really care about the order for claiming.

I'm a Tactician. If I didn't roll or play any dice the previous day, the number of dice I roll the following is doubled. I may also play or store second die.

Fun fact: This is the exact same role I had the first game

Do you have the same QT as Mail-Mi's?  Can you reveal how many dice you rolled those times? (Unless there is a compelling reason not to.)  I'm a little confused why there's no mid ones.

Okay, today's is odd only.  So 9 and 1.. no 3,5,7, 11 in how many dice?  Possible, not all that unlikely unless he rolled a lot.  What was Mail-Mi's monster?  Only first instance of roll counts.  BA starts playing 5, Mail-Mi plays 11 and 3.  Maybe here he figured all rolls needed to be played anyway, so might as well play a low one, so stored some ones that were better than 3? 

I don't know, just weird that it had the same pattern both times.

Does that description mean you can play two rolls and store two rolls on the double day?  Or is it an exclusive or?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: July 31, 2014, 08:04:37 pm »

Hydrad, how did you end up with 0 dice?  Do you have anything stored?

The night before this I had 5 dice and a two stored. I had checked my qt right before the day started and didn't see any change. When the day started I played my stored 2 right away. After I did that I looked at my qt and saw 4 dice had been taken from me. So since I played the 2 I ended up with 0 dice and nothing stored
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: July 31, 2014, 08:09:25 pm »

Lio what's your flavor name?

Hydrad too.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: July 31, 2014, 08:11:23 pm »

Hydrad too.

I am the Tinkerer
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: July 31, 2014, 08:12:46 pm »

Hydrad too.
Already claimed this - Ambassador.

catching up now

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: July 31, 2014, 08:16:04 pm »

Anyone want to hear another crazy PPS theory?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: July 31, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »

Actually never mind it doesn't pan out.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: July 31, 2014, 08:26:32 pm »

Ooooh unless it does!  I'll type up crackpot theory when I get back tonight (much to PPS chagrin) if it still makes sense in my sleep-deprived head.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: July 31, 2014, 08:42:08 pm »

Okay. I will clarify my question. Lio, are you going to roll today or should I roll? From the attack, it looks like all dice I roll will have the same value, so I am best off rolling one die. So, there is a 50/50 chance I get a positive number.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: July 31, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »

Okay. I will clarify my question. Lio, are you going to roll today or should I roll? From the attack, it looks like all dice I roll will have the same value, so I am best off rolling one die. So, there is a 50/50 chance I get a positive number.
I am quite low on dice... in fact I only have 2 left. My stored die from yesterday was another 8, so that's no good.

I can roll, but I'm not sure whether to roll 1 or 2, and would also rather you rolled first in case you are scum. But obviously you would rather me roll first for the same reason, so hmmm.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 31, 2014, 09:31:35 pm »

I am quite low on dice... in fact I only have 2 left. My stored die from yesterday was another 8, so that's no good.

I can roll, but I'm not sure whether to roll 1 or 2, and would also rather you rolled first in case you are scum. But obviously you would rather me roll first for the same reason, so hmmm.

No, I would rather have you roll first since essentially I can only roll 1 die. Rolling 2 dice is much better than being able to only roll 1.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:28 pm »

I mean, I could roll than 1 die, but I am pretty sure the attack makes dice values all the same. So, it is better if you roll.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »

No, I would rather have you roll first since essentially I can only roll 1 die. Rolling 2 dice is much better than being able to only roll 1.
Right, but what if I roll evens? 1/4 chance. If you make it, I don't need to risk it. If you don't make it, I risk it.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: July 31, 2014, 09:35:22 pm »

Right, but what if I roll evens? 1/4 chance. If you make it, I don't need to risk it. If you don't make it, I risk it.

And, what if I roll a 12? You have a better chance of rolling odds than I do. Also, even if you do roll evens, you will be able to select the lower value. In which case, I will roll and pray that I get lucky. But, statistically speaking, it is much better to have you roll first.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: July 31, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »

Um, no, if you roll one and do not like it you do not have to play it. If you roll two and like neither you screw us because you have to play one. Considering the attack appears to make all rolls the same there is no reason whatsoever to roll two.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: July 31, 2014, 09:55:53 pm »

The bit about only rolling one applies to anyone with less than say, 3 or 4 dice to roll.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: July 31, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »

Um, no, if you roll one and do not like it you do not have to play it. If you roll two and like neither you screw us because you have to play one. Considering the attack appears to make all rolls the same there is no reason whatsoever to roll two.

I guess you are right. I was about to quote the first page and noticed that it says if you roll 2 or more, so I guess you are right. Alright, in that case, I will roll first.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: July 31, 2014, 09:58:03 pm »

Anyway, I am about to see Guardians of the Galaxy. I will roll when I come back. Let's cross our fingers I roll an odd number.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.148 seconds with 20 queries.