Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546404 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #4100 on: July 30, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »

Ok sorry for not posting earlier. I voted for 1 also so unless someone is lying only one town has the clue.

I think if you know the clue you should say you have received it. You don't have to say what the clue is yet but I don't think scum is going to say it first. They probably won't even speak up that they know the clue so we get a free IC

Why would they not speak up?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: July 30, 2014, 05:30:34 pm »

Ok sorry for not posting earlier. I voted for 1 also so unless someone is lying only one town has the clue.

I think if you know the clue you should say you have received it. You don't have to say what the clue is yet but I don't think scum is going to say it first. They probably won't even speak up that they know the clue so we get a free IC

It's just a feeling. I feel like whoever claims first will be way more towny and scum won't want to risk creating a fight between the two of them
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:12 pm »

Also ww were you not able to target lio?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: July 30, 2014, 05:40:07 pm »

Oh and yes I removed the number 2

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: July 30, 2014, 05:45:19 pm »

Seems lady luck chose faust as the receiver of the clue. I considered voting 2 in case the receiver died but figured the odds of having another 2 v 2 mislynch were greater than the 1 receiver getting killed.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: July 30, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »

I still think if we had to mislynch between me and ash yesterday, ash was the better mislynch because at least my dice giving ability is now confirmed whereas his VT claim would be super suspect today. Also, unless the Love Doctor reward can be sent to someone other than the buyer Ash lied.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: July 30, 2014, 05:48:59 pm »

Seems lady luck chose faust as the receiver of the clue. I considered voting 2 in case the receiver died but figured the odds of having another 2 v 2 mislynch were greater than the 1 receiver getting killed.

I think jimmm said clue is sent to an alive town member. So someone should know

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: July 30, 2014, 05:49:32 pm »

A clarification of the Reward: votes will be counted for all currently living players whether or not they survive the Night, but any player who dies will not be able to receive the word at the end of the Night.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Night 4)
« Reply #4108 on: July 30, 2014, 05:51:10 pm »

A clarification of the Reward: votes will be counted for all currently living players whether or not they survive the Night, but any player who dies will not be able to receive the word at the end of the Night.

What it doesn't say is that the word will be given to a town member who didn't die. As far as I can tell, only scum knows the word.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: July 30, 2014, 05:52:22 pm »

I still think if we had to mislynch between me and ash yesterday, ash was the better mislynch because at least my dice giving ability is now confirmed whereas his VT claim would be super suspect today. Also, unless the Love Doctor reward can be sent to someone other than the buyer Ash lied.

I wouldn't say that your ability has been confirmed.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4110 on: July 30, 2014, 05:56:51 pm »

Also ww were you not able to target lio?

No, I missed the deadline.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: July 30, 2014, 06:03:16 pm »

Do you have an alternative explanation for WW receiving 7 dice last night?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: July 30, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »

I had some dice stolen.
lies!

Yes, it's an arch/pps scumteam. Or if this is true I guess it's BA/ww, but that doesn't make as much sense.

Well, or you're lying~!

Or, they are both lying.
Why would I lie? Sure, so that I could say that, but WIFOM.

Because...

DUM DUM DUM

Conspiracy theory:

The team is you/PPS. One of you has the ability to give out dice, the other has the ability to destroy dice.  PPS's is obviously the fake one.  He had to come up with a reason to almost never use it, so he found a way for it to be anti-town.  Note in particular how quick PPS was to jump on BA's ability confirming his own, where really that is not possible.

You would expect to maybe have to prove the fake claim once, and in that case you two can coordinate to make it believable, since there really *IS* a role that gives dice.  So come to tonight.  I receive dice, allegedly from PPS. I'm also conveniently attacked by an Orc that messes with my rolls somehow, so I'm unable to confirm if I'm alternating between d8 rolls and d12 rolls.  You claim to target BA, and I know he must be telling the truth when he say he received none.  The only possibility is that the "die destroyer" random d6 exactly happened to match the d12 result for number of dice received.  This I consider very unlikely.  I would work out the probability, but it's moot as Archetype claimed to have lost dice.

So why claim you targeted BA instead of Faust?  Well, you killed Faust, and you would know that claiming to give him dice would be super suspect.  So choose one of the masons.  There's already a "WW/BA scum plot" theory floating around, so if it falls back to "someone is lying" people may side against us.  Why choose Archetype to get hit?  Well, now you have a three-way lying circle: You, Archetype, BA.  Anyone that can't convince themselves that BA and myself are scum may have an easier time convincing themselves that Archetype is. 

Note in particular all the side comments of "oh, well, unless it really is WW/BA".
...Seriously?

I do! You and I are scumbuddies and I gave to WW.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: July 30, 2014, 06:06:32 pm »

Most likely scenario you are the dice destroyer. You stole from Arch. Lio targeted WW. You claimed to have targeted WW. Lio claims to target me, but somehow I don't end up with any extra dice.

Second possible scenario. You actually did give dice to WW. Arch and Lio are partners, and dice destroying is factional. Lio knows you were telling the truth about your role, so decides to not give anyone else dice to set you up as the mislynch and claims to have given me dice. Arch then claims he was stolen from for WIFOM reasons.

Scenario 1 sounds more likely to me.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »

third scenario: arch and pps are partners, I gave to BA and they got destroyed them. Or I was bus driven. Or roleblocked. Or whatever happened.

fourth scenario: ww and BA are partners, I gave to BA, he lied.

I think the third scenario is more likely.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »

But actually, those are just about the only 4 scenarios...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:40 pm »

It's just a feeling. I feel like whoever claims first will be way more towny and scum won't want to risk creating a fight between the two of them
I don't believe this at all.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: July 30, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »

wait, Faust could have stolen from someone last night

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: July 30, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »

wait, Faust could have stolen from someone last night

Would his ability go through before the NK? Do we know the order for which actions take place?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: July 30, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »

Fine, geniuses
Vote: PPS

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: July 30, 2014, 08:05:50 pm »

Fine, geniuses

Hmm? Is this because everyone is suspecting you?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: July 30, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »

Also this is a complete swap for me but I just want to get peoples opinions on this. Ww used his ability only twice this game. Once on BA who is his partner and if scum can lie about it. The second time on Faust who I think everyone expected to die tonight.

I even told ww about 2 hours before the qt closed that he should switch from Faust to lio and he said he would try. Personally I feel like jimmm would accept the swap if he did it then

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:12 pm »

Fine, geniuses

no, vote for your partner!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: July 30, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »

Also this is a complete swap for me but I just want to get peoples opinions on this. Ww used his ability only twice this game. Once on BA who is his partner and if scum can lie about it. The second time on Faust who I think everyone expected to die tonight.

I even told ww about 2 hours before the qt closed that he should switch from Faust to lio and he said he would try. Personally I feel like jimmm would accept the swap if he did it then

it was after the deadline.  I'm pretty sure Jimmmmm posted 9:30 AM deadline, and I think us talking in the QT was after that.  I posted the change in my QT  while we were talking and Jimmmm said I missed it.

Also, I really thought you would die, but I guess I was alone there.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: July 30, 2014, 09:21:12 pm »

Fine, geniuses

If you insist.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.