Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548115 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3950 on: July 27, 2014, 03:28:14 pm »

Ok I'm going to go ahead and

Vote: asher

for now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: July 27, 2014, 03:46:31 pm »

Ok I'm going to go ahead and

Vote: asher

for now.

No, don't do that :( Is this L-1 or someting?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: July 27, 2014, 04:00:56 pm »

One thing I will say Is that I'm actually wanting a lynch instead of no lynch at this point. Because if we get someone with the GR and enough to vig someone that extra person will be really helpful.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:54 pm »

If scum is loved, this is mylo, right?  If scum is not loved, we can afford one mislynch.

Is my mislynch really better than a "Mason" mislynch?  Assuming they aren't lying...confirming them is worthwhile.  Me flipping VT is a boon for scum as it does nothing for the rest of town.

Will the hydrad/arch/lio triad promise to please lynch the "masons" tomorrow, at least?

I agree we need a lynch today.  Except, at mylo, no lynch is correct.  Who else has claimed to have met the love doc?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: July 27, 2014, 05:20:07 pm »

If scum is loved, this is mylo, right?  If scum is not loved, we can afford one mislynch.

Is my mislynch really better than a "Mason" mislynch?  Assuming they aren't lying...confirming them is worthwhile.  Me flipping VT is a boon for scum as it does nothing for the rest of town.

Will the hydrad/arch/lio triad promise to please lynch the "masons" tomorrow, at least?

I agree we need a lynch today.  Except, at mylo, no lynch is correct.  Who else has claimed to have met the love doc?

Yes if I'm wrong about you I will probably have to go for WW/BA tomorrow as if you aren't scum it doesn't make sense otherwise.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: July 27, 2014, 05:36:12 pm »

I'll think about stuff when I need to think about it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: July 27, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »

Okay, if me getting mislynched was the right move for the town, then I'd be all for it.  But I don't see how it could be.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: July 27, 2014, 05:46:59 pm »

Yes, ashersky is at L-1.

I am willing to hammer, but want to make sure that a pps lynch isn't preferred. faust, since it seems ash or pps will be lynched, which would you prefer, even though I know you don't like either one?

Preferred of ash/pps:

lio: pps
ash: pps
pps: ash
hydrad: ash?
BA: ash?
WW: pps?
arch: pps?
faust: ????

if faust prefers a pps lynch I think that he ought to vote for pps and we lynch pps instead.

faust, for a case on pps just read my earlier posts. I think it's all there. Recently I haven't been explaining myself as much, that is true.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: July 27, 2014, 05:47:28 pm »

Okay, if me getting mislynched was the right move for the town, then I'd be all for it.  But I don't see how it could be.

I'm talking about best case scenarios with a mislynch.  Early game, yeah, the VT is a fine loss.  But late game, needing to POE, I think confirming two players' alignment with one lynch is pretty great.  If you are scum, so is BA, guaranteed.  If you are town, so is BA, guaranteed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: July 27, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »

I would vote for PPS as a "not me" candidate, as I think that's why PPS is voting for me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: July 27, 2014, 06:05:21 pm »

I would vote for PPS as a "not me" candidate, as I think that's why PPS is voting for me.

Yeah, I mean if not arch or a magical mason I have to go the the one possible lynch I can't say for certain is town.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: July 27, 2014, 06:07:44 pm »

I'm talking about best case scenarios with a mislynch.  Early game, yeah, the VT is a fine loss.  But late game, needing to POE, I think confirming two players' alignment with one lynch is pretty great.  If you are scum, so is BA, guaranteed.  If you are town, so is BA, guaranteed.

Okay, this is my problem:

(1) I don't agree that it's reasonable to still think that BA and I are scum.  Yes, I know, in general if two players come out as Masons you have to suspect them and want to verify them.  But I think in this game with everything that's gone on and all the talk that's gone on, the "BA and WW are scum masterminds" theory should be at the bottom of everyone's list of ideas on what's going on.

(2) Even *if* I could see it from this vantage point, then okay.. me and BA might be scum.  You lynch one of us, the other flips town.  Tonight the other one dies.  Then Tomorrow, the rest of the town members come in today with exactly the same knowledge that I have right now---BA and myself were Town so the scum has to lie in {Ash, PPS, Hydrad, Faust, Arch. Lio}.  Okay I guess each town person has an extra piece of information that I don't have now, that they themselves are town.    I don't think it puts us in a better situation.  If we can figure out who one of the scum  is once BA and I are confirmed, then we should be able to figure it out right now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: July 27, 2014, 06:28:26 pm »

Right now, though, we know scum are in WW/BA or the other group.  We can eliminate one group as possible by lynching within it, but can't for the other.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: July 27, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »

Right now, though, we know scum are in WW/BA or the other group.  We can eliminate one group as possible by lynching within it, but can't for the other.

Yes, that makes sense, but of course it doesn't help me, as *I* know scum are in the other group. 

I and truly believe that some careful consideration can convince everyone else of it, too.  Without the need for a mislynch.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: July 27, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »

Vote Count 4.6

ashersky (4): Witherweaver, Beyond Awesome, pingpongsam, Hydrad (L-1)
pingpongsam (2): liopoil, Archetype
Beyond Awesome (2): faust, ashersky

not voting (0)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 4 ends on July 28 at 11am forum time.

Target: 4
Score: 5

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: July 27, 2014, 10:12:37 pm »

Except that one is selected by a reward and the other isn't. I'm not going to try to argue with you about how WW/BA being Masons is the most plausible reward because it's been many times before at many different angles.

Intent to hammer. I prefer PPS, but ash has a better chance at being the dice destroyer and it's not unlikely that they are both scum.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: July 27, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »

Oh, I'm the one who's anti-town? If you aren't scum, you're anti-town for pushing a lynch against 2 Masons.

Claimed Masons. I can say you're anti-town for psuhing two claimed town players as well. Why is everything WW/BA say considered the bare truth by you?
I don't consider everything they say the bare truth. I'm looked at all the information provided by Hydrad and you/ash and I think the only rational explanation is that WW/BA are Town. And so, I'm more likely to listen to Town reads than non-townreads.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: July 27, 2014, 10:17:49 pm »

PPS is being scummy to the point where I find it hard for anyone to have a townread on him.

Classic ericsonian suggestion technique in effect here. How can you find it hard for other people to have a town read on someone? They can do that for themselves without your guidance.
You're right - they can. They're just wrong. if they do. Your claim, rolling 6 dice, weird softclaim attempt day 1, weird lynch preference/voting records, are all scummy. I don't know how anyone can look at all those things and get a townie read from them.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: July 27, 2014, 10:33:42 pm »

Arch's latest makes me worry he is pps's partner even more. bussing while stating intent to hammer someone else.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: July 27, 2014, 10:57:06 pm »

Arch's latest makes me worry he is pps's partner even more. bussing while stating intent to hammer someone else.
I feel like no matter what I do you'll think of some scum narrative. Have you even stated why you have a scumread on me?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: July 28, 2014, 06:33:28 am »

Well there the town narrative makes less sense... if you're lynching ash, why continue to talk about pps? And I have - lurking, POE, and your anti-town stuff D1/2. I also don't put as much weight on confirmed roles as other people do.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:44 am »

Day 4 ends on July 28 at 11am forum time.
Well shoot. I still think there is support for a pps lynch, but ash lynch is better than no lynch.

I will be leaving in ~half an hour, I will hammer then.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: July 28, 2014, 07:05:36 am »

I'd rather you not.

vote: pps is better than me.

WW/BA are scum.  Please dear god believe me if you all hammer me in my sleep.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: July 28, 2014, 07:06:21 am »

I'd rather you not.

Are you going to sleep now? Deadline is in less than 4 hours.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07:00 am »

I'd rather you not.

Are you going to sleep now? Deadline is in less than 4 hours.

It's late here and I'm still very sick.  What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.882 seconds with 21 queries.