Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547751 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3900 on: July 26, 2014, 10:31:45 am »

Okay, so let's see whose plays here make sense as scum:

ash: Trying to push a lynch when it's pretty clear that it won't go through? Claiming to have been visited by the Love Doctor and having done strange things that could easily be viewed as scummy for no reason? I think if he really was scum, he would have somehow tried to get PPS lynched by now. Especially if he's loved. And even if PPS is his partner. Also, how is the VT claim scummy again? I think scum would have preferred a fake claim. If scum!ash is just going to claim VT, why did he refuse to claim on D3?

PPS: His D1 play seriously makes no sense at all for scum. It's not grabbing towncred to claim an anti-town role. Also, do you think he was indeed targeted by "the dice destroyer" N0? Because that would kinda imply that he's not that role himself. Which means his partner has it, which means his partner has to be ash. And ash's not scum. Add in the way he claimed today - what reason would scum possibly have to make a full turnaround on how their role works? Add in that his posts when he first claims imply that his role actually works the way it does (he says, IIRC, that his role gives out "1d12". In the OP, it's stated that 1d12 means a random number between 1 and 12).

liopoil: Used his power in a very pro-town way so far. He is super hardcore tunneling PPS, which could be an epic bus (unlikely). If it's not, then that implies that he's not partners with PPS, which means his partner has to be ash, and ash is town.

Arch: Actually the one whose play fits a scum narrative best, lurking, sheeping claimed Masons, not providing much content of his own. But there is no partner for him, so I just have to assume he's anti-town town.

This seems townie from Faust. 

What is said about PPS makes some sense, though I can't see why being hit by the dice destroyer can't be a fake claim for cred.  Or even a real claim. 

Points on Archetype and Lio make sense as well.

Of course, each statement comes back to the "Ash can't be scum" thing, which is

Trying to push a lynch when it's pretty clear that it won't go through?

Does this all the time

Claiming to have been visited by the Love Doctor and having done strange things that could easily be viewed as scummy for no reason?

If it doesn't make sense to do this as scum and therefore he must be town because of these things, doesn't it make sense to do it as scum?

I think if he really was scum, he would have somehow tried to get PPS lynched by now. Especially if he's loved. And even if PPS is his partner.

If he's Loved, yes.  If not, if PPS is lynched as Town Ash is the next choice, so it could be dangerous here.  If PPS is his partner, I'm not so sure.. Ash isn't the biggest busser around. 

Also, how is the VT claim scummy again? I think scum would have preferred a fake claim. If scum!ash is just going to claim VT, why did he refuse to claim on D3?

Okay, VT claim is not scummy.. only other unconfirmed role is you if we believe PPS, so you must be the dice destroyer.  Is that better? 

Ash provided a theory argument for why he didn't claim on D3, a theory argument that he would realize as town or scum, and in particular as scum he can go back and say "look at how pro town I was!"  The argument itself isn't even good.  After everyone else claims marginal roles at best, Ash things scum are going to see his no claim and confirm he somehow has the uberest town role possible and kill him, when he's clearly going to get a lot of heat from his play?  I do not buy this at all.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: July 26, 2014, 10:35:59 am »

This post is basically contentless, or even worse, forced content. I can compile a list of scummy actions like this for any player in the game.

This post is basically contentless, or even worse, backhanded dismissal and a way to blanketly disregard anyone else's reads.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: July 26, 2014, 11:06:59 am »

Huge scumslip in BA's final paragraph there.

vote: BA

Not a scum slip. I had gone into D4 planning on doing a reread. When I began it, Faust was not on my lists of suspects. It was only until I was further along into my read that I started to become really suspicious of him. By that time I did not feel like going back and including him but to instead do a separate read of him when I finished my current read. Also, I was not sure if I included him if I would have enough time to get my reads out D4 which I felt was important.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: July 26, 2014, 11:14:03 am »

This post is basically contentless, or even worse, forced content. I can compile a list of scummy actions like this for any player in the game.

This post is outright rude. I spent tons and tons of hours working on my reads. I put a lot of thought and effort into it. All you are doing is treating me like crap. Every action I do is scummy no matter what to you. It does not matter how much I try to contribute to this game, you have decided I am scum so therefore anything I put out is "contentless." Well, let me tell you something, you not considering anyone else to be scum is contentless. You are adding nothing to the game. Even worse, if you are town, you are handing this game to scum. Why? Because if either WW's or my mislynch goes through then if you are town, scum is surely going to push your mislynch with the argument I made about you tunneling town players. Essentially, I fully expect scum to tunnel you D5 and succeed at this point.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: July 26, 2014, 11:21:53 am »

I wrote a massive reread of days 1-3 on the previous page addressing why I find their actions scummy.

So who is the scum team? Show me two players and explain how they fit together as scum. Also, respond to me objections.

At this point, I have no idea who the scum team is because this day has been derailed so badly. On my reads, I explain that Ash is the scummiest. Arch is null to me because both he mail-mi have been VLA. I feel for the most part Lio's posts don't contribute much to the game, so I can see him blending in as scum. And, I just see what PPS to do weird and scummy. Also, his claim is super crazy sounding. So, who is the scum team? How would I know? Hopefully, if we catch scum today, we will be able to figure out who the partner is. But, I can see any of these players paired up with each other, to be honest. I apologize that I am not like you Faust who just decides who the scum team is while completing ignoring the possibility other players can be scum as well.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: July 26, 2014, 11:23:43 am »

Vote: ashersky
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: July 26, 2014, 11:48:16 am »

The Ogre has attacked liopoil and Beyond Awesome!
Score: 5

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: July 26, 2014, 11:53:24 am »

Does anything show up in your QTs from attacks?  The score isn't changing, is it?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: July 26, 2014, 11:57:57 am »

Nothing happened to me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: July 26, 2014, 11:59:34 am »

Maybe it affects tomorrow rolls?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: July 26, 2014, 12:05:02 pm »

Everybody played stored dies? I think that might be the deal. Assume it causes a reroll.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: July 26, 2014, 12:05:37 pm »

Who did it attack earlier?

Has attacked everyone who played?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: July 26, 2014, 12:05:57 pm »

Just wondering if who the ogre attacks is an alignment tell.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: July 26, 2014, 12:09:10 pm »

Did nothing to me either. I guess it either affects stored dice or maybe something with tomorrow's attack. But, that would seem kind of weird.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: July 26, 2014, 12:09:57 pm »

Who did it attack earlier?

Has attacked everyone who played?

I believe Faust played a 1, I think, if I remember correctly.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: July 26, 2014, 12:10:16 pm »

Everybody played stored dies? I think that might be the deal. Assume it causes a reroll.
I rolled dice, and it attacked me, but nothing happened. Maybe because my 8 wouldn't do anything anyway. The other two players who were attacked played a stored 2 (BA and hydrad). Maybe it hurts us tomorrow, we'll see.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 26, 2014, 12:10:44 pm »

Actually, I think lio rolled, is that true?

PPE: nevermind

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: July 26, 2014, 12:17:26 pm »

Just wondering if who the ogre attacks is an alignment tell.

If scum has control, it's at best a WIFOM thing.  It's attacked three people.. would they put one of them in there?  We could go around with that question I think.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: July 26, 2014, 12:58:39 pm »

Did nothing to me either. I guess it either affects stored dice or maybe something with tomorrow's attack. But, that would seem kind of weird.

I meant to say, I guess it affects dice that weren't stored. Seems to have nothing to lio though, maybe because his roll didn't count anyway.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: July 26, 2014, 01:24:29 pm »

BA, why didn't you ever investigate Hydrad to check if his sub-7 rolls were due to different dice?  Or did you?  Who were your investigation targets?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: July 26, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

BA, why didn't you ever investigate Hydrad to check if his sub-7 rolls were due to different dice?  Or did you?  Who were your investigation targets?

I never investigated Hydrad because he has been one of my strongest town reads all game. My hope was that hopefully my ability would allow me to cop scum. Although, I have thought of several times of investigating Hydrad, I felt the info would be useless to town even if he could only roll up to 7.

My targets were
N0:yuma/e
N1: Mail-Mi/Arch
N2: Chairs
N3: Lio

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: July 26, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »

Not a scum slip. I had gone into D4 planning on doing a reread. When I began it, Faust was not on my lists of suspects. It was only until I was further along into my read that I started to become really suspicious of him. By that time I did not feel like going back and including him but to instead do a separate read of him when I finished my current read. Also, I was not sure if I included him if I would have enough time to get my reads out D4 which I felt was important.

That wasn't what I meant.  You said you'd do it on D5.  You know who knows they'll survive to the next day AFTER supposedly becoming a mason?  Lying scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: July 26, 2014, 07:56:30 pm »

That wasn't what I meant.  You said you'd do it on D5.  You know who knows they'll survive to the next day AFTER supposedly becoming a mason?  Lying scum.

killing one of us at night makes the other an IC.  Why do that?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 26, 2014, 08:00:07 pm »

killing one of us at night makes the other an IC.  Why do that?

Over half the players have given you IC status already.

Way to answer for your partner, dude.  Should have seen if he could up with that on his own.  I doubt he was thinking that, look at the context of his post.

So scummy.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 26, 2014, 08:04:52 pm »

No. I was saying I did not think I would have the read ready until D5 seeing how long it took me just to compile my other reads and those were through D4.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.058 seconds with 20 queries.