Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547442 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3775 on: July 24, 2014, 05:58:51 pm »

Well, that's something.  Though, if scum kills Hydrad tonight, not so great.  But if you're town, then somewhat better.  Unless Archetype isn't town (to send you Mentalist back). 

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: July 24, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

Well, that's something.  Though, if scum kills Hydrad tonight, not so great.  But if you're town, then somewhat better.  Unless Archetype isn't town (to send you Mentalist back).

That would be good though. We lynch Arch then.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: July 24, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »

A part of me was just considering no lynch, but here are my worries. I know Faust thinks WW and I might be scum or Faust is scum and is trying to set us up for a mislynch. But, assuming Faust is town his intentions are for the best, and I can see his perspective.

But, here are my worries.

Faust is actually scum. He can then cop his partner claiming his partner is town. Then, I can imagine a scenario is made up where something goes wrong with confirming WW or me. For instance, Hydrad dies, now my role can't be confirmed. Or, the person WW targets is scum and lies or is someone that has little to no dice to role. Or, WW targets the same person PPS targets which makes things only wonky.

Assuming PPS is town, he can also run into similar problems. He could target someone that gets stolen from which will only make him look suspicious. The person he targets is actually scum and lies about getting dice.

So, while I am considering a no lynch, I also see ways where scum might be able to manipulate mislynches which is what worries me the most.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: July 24, 2014, 07:03:23 pm »

Also, in terms of confirming Faust, assuming Faust is town, scum could decide to not steal dice tomorrow. Or, Faust could target the same player that scum targets. So, there are a lot of variables at play, and being able to confirm even a single players role might be a bit of a challenge.

So, with that said, even though I was just considering a no lynch, I think we must consider a lynch today. We also need to lynch between Faust, PPS, and Ash. They were all visited by the Mentalist before XP died and they have roles that have yet to be confirmed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: July 24, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

Do we even have confirmation that dice have been destroyed this game?

All we have are people stating that they "lost" dice or had dice "taken away" from them at night.  That doesn't mean destroyed, necessarily.  There are/were theives running around.  There are things you could do with your dice, and saying they were lost is an easy cover. 

Why is "dice destroyer" the de facto correct assumption?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: July 24, 2014, 07:04:46 pm »

Also, in terms of confirming Faust, assuming Faust is town, scum could decide to not steal dice tomorrow. Or, Faust could target the same player that scum targets. So, there are a lot of variables at play, and being able to confirm even a single players role might be a bit of a challenge.

So, with that said, even though I was just considering a no lynch, I think we must consider a lynch today. We also need to lynch between Faust, PPS, and Ash. They were all visited by the Mentalist before XP died and they have roles that have yet to be confirmed.

Why does being visited by the Mentalist make someone scum?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: July 24, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

All we have are people stating that they "lost" dice or had dice "taken away" from them at night.  That doesn't mean destroyed, necessarily.  There are/were theives running around.  There are things you could do with your dice, and saying they were lost is an easy cover. 

I think that is the term that everyone is using. No one knows for certain except scum.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: July 24, 2014, 07:07:09 pm »

Well, XP was NK'd right after Box. While XP was a strong town read, he was not my strongest. No one knew the Mentalist could cop except those who were visited. They also knew XP controlled the Mentalist, so I am guessing they assumed by killing XP, they also got rid of the ability to cop someone this game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: July 24, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »

We say "destroy" to differentiate from Yuma's role.  On Day 1, Box lost dice and PPS claimed to lose dice.  On Day 2, Yuma admitted to targeting Box again and BA lost dice.  (I know this to be true as he's confirmed to me, but to all of you this is a "claimed".  However, both him and PPS couldn't be scum together, so we can take one of those two to be true.)  On Day 3, I lost dice and Yuma had died.  Faust claimed to target me and to give Hydrad more dice than he actually got.

So, yes, we know there were two roles that take away dice.  There is at least one now (depending on whether Faust is telling the truth with backup or not).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: July 24, 2014, 07:09:03 pm »

It could have been a natural kill for scum visited by the Mentalist, thinking that the Mentalist would stop visiting after XP died and keeping clear of a future cop result.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: July 24, 2014, 07:11:06 pm »

But yes, the other person causing dice depletion could be a scum thief, I just started using "dice destroyer" back on Day 2 (I think) once Yuma claimed to differentiate it from that role.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: July 24, 2014, 07:17:26 pm »

Faust, you said earlier that you could give a rundown of the amount of dice that you gave to each player. Can you please do that for me? Thanks. I would really appreciate it a lot.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: July 24, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »

But yes, the other person causing dice depletion could be a scum thief, I just started using "dice destroyer" back on Day 2 (I think) once Yuma claimed to differentiate it from that role.

I'm saying that instead of a second role being responsible, the people not targeted by yuma could be lying.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: July 24, 2014, 07:21:28 pm »

It could have been a natural kill for scum visited by the Mentalist, thinking that the Mentalist would stop visiting after XP died and keeping clear of a future cop result.

That's a good point.  You may recall me going after PPS for NOT voting XP for the dice giving reward since he would have known XP was confirmed town.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: July 24, 2014, 07:22:32 pm »

That's a good point.  You may recall me going after PPS for NOT voting XP for the dice giving reward since he would have known XP was confirmed town.

I do recall it since that is around the point I am with my full reread.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: July 24, 2014, 07:24:08 pm »

And, you know Ash that is actually a very good point on your part. To PPS XP was the only 100% confirmed town player, so why didn't he vote for XP? That is a great question.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:58 pm »

And, you know Ash that is actually a very good point on your part. To PPS XP was the only 100% confirmed town player, so why didn't he vote for XP? That is a great question.

Because faust is his scum partner?  (I mean, in the world where he's scum and you two are town, it's possible.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: July 24, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »

I'm saying that instead of a second role being responsible, the people not targeted by yuma could be lying.

can't have both PPS and BA lying.  BA and I must have same alignment.  similar Faust/me/hydrad

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:08 pm »

Which I answered then, which you know since you reread, right? I voted Faust because I expected XP to be the most likely NK. Super protown and correct moved smeared for an agenda once again. Make up your mind about me already. Rehashing the same crap with new spins to try to paint me scum is getting old.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: July 24, 2014, 07:33:26 pm »

Which I answered then, which you know since you reread, right? I voted Faust because I expected XP to be the most likely NK. Super protown and correct moved smeared for an agenda once again. Make up your mind about me already. Rehashing the same crap with new spins to try to paint me scum is getting old.

Yes, I recall you saying that. And, I am not trying to paint you scum. I am looking for scummy actions that players did. I am trying to get to the bottom of this. Obviously, I am assuming potential scum in you, Ash, and Faust. But, at least one of you has to be town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »

also pps could have just claimed to vote for xp

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34:55 pm »

You can see how this would be a scum reasoning.  Scum knew he would die.

No one knew if him dying meant he couldn't give out dice.  I would have argued it would happen before the killing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: July 24, 2014, 07:35:20 pm »

Is that a point in his favor?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »

Is that a point in his favor?
Clearly
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »

well I mean.. I'm not sure actually.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.