Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547029 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3675 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55:56 am »

Are you sure about the secondary part?

I think you give out 1d12 number of d8's.  Whomever receives these d8's has their rolls alternate between d12s and d8s.  All dice received from you are d8's, whether they are from this ability or not.

What's your role name?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: July 24, 2014, 09:06:42 am »

Well, I got answers about my role power and it is significantly different than I had interpreted it. When I give a man dice he gets a number of d12 dice randomized by the roll of 1d12. Then the next guy who gains dice in any way will be getting all d8 dice regardless if he gets 1 or 50 dice. Then, when the tainted guy rolls he alternates between his d12 and d8 dice until either all the d8s are gone or his supply of dice are exhausted.
This makes it sound like he gives d12s.... 1d12 of them. Has he changed his story yet again?

See that was my mistake from the beginning. 1d12 means the result of rolling a d12. I will give my target x number of d8s where x is the result of rolling an imaginary d12 die. So my target can receive anywhere between 1 and 12 d8s.

It might be possible you made the same error parsing your role?
No, that's not possible, because I asked Jimmmmm plenty of questions at the start of the game, and also read the miscellaneous section of the second post.

I've bolded in the above quote where you say that you give d12s, and now you are saying d8.

Yeah, I furhter modified it as I got further clarification, I even said as such, I prepended the statement with "more bad news".
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:08 am »

I think you give out 1d12 number of d8's.  Whomever receives these d8's has their rolls alternate between d12s and d8s.  All dice received from you are d8's, whether they are from this ability or not.

What's your role name?

My role name is The Swindler. And I think you may be correct, that when anyone gets dice from me, whether I've used my power through targeting or not, they will get d8s. I can clarify this with Jimmmmm but this really adds up when I read the description now. I get one sentence about how targeting works and the next sentence basically says whenever someone gets dice from in any way they are d8 dice. I had assumed the one naturally followed the other but I think you may be right that the 2nd sentence stands apart from the first.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: July 24, 2014, 10:10:17 am »

I don't understand you faust, this is nothing but scummy! How in the world you think this clears him is beyond me.

Goddammit, lio.

WHERE IS THE CASE ON PPS?

If PPS does something weird, it's scummy. If PPS does something townie, it's a grab for towncred. In your mind, there is no chance that you will ever view anything PPS does as townie. This is the strongest case of confirmation bias I've seen in a long time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:01 am »

Ok heres an idea. what if tonight PPS targets me with his abilities. there is almost no way scum will kill me since the have faust with the possible cop coming. And even if I get targeted by the dice destroyer its PPS's 1d12 vs the possible 1d6. odds are he will give me more dice.

also I would really like more dice...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: July 24, 2014, 10:32:44 am »

What's your role name?

My role name is The Swindler. And I think you may be correct, that when anyone gets dice from me, whether I've used my power through targeting or not, they will get d8s. I can clarify this with Jimmmmm but this really adds up when I read the description now. I get one sentence about how targeting works and the next sentence basically says whenever someone gets dice from in any way they are d8 dice. I had assumed the one naturally followed the other but I think you may be right that the 2nd sentence stands apart from the first.

Well, The Swindler makes some sense, as you're giving out dice but they're "duds". 

This isn't so unbelievable.  I'm Saboteur, Yuma was Thief, PPS is a Swindler.  And he divulged the flavor name back on day 1 long before anyone else claimed. 

Would a role called Swindler destroy a die supply?  Probably not.  Saboteur is actually a better name for that, but my sabotaging is sabotaging individual rolls, not the supply of dice.

Anyway, PPS is probably not the scum player that destroys dice. (He could be the other one.)  Which narrows it down to Faust or Ash.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:51 am »

Ok heres an idea. what if tonight PPS targets me with his abilities. there is almost no way scum will kill me since the have faust with the possible cop coming. And even if I get targeted by the dice destroyer its PPS's 1d12 vs the possible 1d6. odds are he will give me more dice.

Well, if we decide PPS's target publicly here, that's not so great. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: July 24, 2014, 10:34:52 am »

Why not. otherwise he can back out and say he targetted whoever died. or if he chooses asher/lio lets say they might be a scum partner that would lie about gaining dice.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: July 24, 2014, 10:41:13 am »

Also I see the orge attacked finally. I'm pretty sure it didn't work since I played from supply. I don't see anything in my QT that changed so I think we are safe.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: July 24, 2014, 10:45:26 am »

Why not. otherwise he can back out and say he targetted whoever died. or if he chooses asher/lio lets say they might be a scum partner that would lie about gaining dice.

Because if scum knows what we're going to do they can plan around it.  And if PPS is town, he would be an excellent person to set up for a mislynch tomorrow if anything comes out not verified.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: July 24, 2014, 10:49:53 am »

Because if scum knows what we're going to do they can plan around it.  And if PPS is town, he would be an excellent person to set up for a mislynch tomorrow if anything comes out not verified.

Well yes they can plan around it but I don't see what they can do. If they kill me faust gets a free cop which is much stronger so they can't do that. If they steal from me PPS's supposed ability will give me more dice then lost most of the time. From what we know the best they can hope for is to steal more then I gain. Which isn't even that useful as I will only have 1d8's when they would want to take dice away from people with 1d12's. overall I think scum would be losing to much to try to stop PPS's claim which the odds arn't even for them to succeed

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:27 am »

Well yes they can plan around it but I don't see what they can do. If they kill me faust gets a free cop which is much stronger so they can't do that. If they steal from me PPS's supposed ability will give me more dice then lost most of the time. From what we know the best they can hope for is to steal more then I gain. Which isn't even that useful as I will only have 1d8's when they would want to take dice away from people with 1d12's. overall I think scum would be losing to much to try to stop PPS's claim which the odds arn't even for them to succeed

Well, they can leave Faust alive and argue that he's scum.  Faust himself could be scum.  Or some other random scenario I haven't thought of. 

Generally speaking, if you have a public plan, scum can manipulate it because they have all the information we do, and more.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: July 24, 2014, 11:07:05 am »

Maybe it's okay here, I don't know.  Though if I'm town!PPS my thing would be to figure out who to target to best get my role verified.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: July 24, 2014, 11:12:28 am »

I will reveal my target tomorrow assuming I survive that far.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:51 am »

my biggest issue with PPS revealing it after is that if he is scum he can just have his partner lie about gaining dice.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: July 24, 2014, 12:30:36 pm »

I'm not sure what to think of PPS claim. I suppose it does make sense though for a role to exist where you give out a bunch of d8's. The complexity of his role makes me think  :o I just wish that PPS had asked for clarification on his role much earlier and not now at this stage of the game.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: July 24, 2014, 03:31:06 pm »

If PPS really is not making up his claim which everyone seems convinced he is not. Then, that leaves Ash as the only plausible candidate as the dice destroyer.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: July 24, 2014, 03:33:58 pm »

If PPS really is not making up his claim which everyone seems convinced he is not. Then, that leaves Ash as the only plausible candidate as the dice destroyer.

Ya I agree and still think ash is the dice destroyer.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: July 24, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »

I know two other plausible candidates.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: July 24, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »

Oh man this game is amazing. To be fair i think BA is telling the truth about his role I feel like if BA/WW is the scum team it will be WW with the dice destroyer.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: July 24, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »

Oh man this game is amazing. To be fair i think BA is telling the truth about his role I feel like if BA/WW is the scum team it will be WW with the dice destroyer.

Yeah, I agree. WW is definitely the mastermind here, he also probably figured out the Masons thing. Makes sense that he would have the complicated fakeclaim.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:46 pm »

Yeah, I agree. WW is definitely the mastermind here, he also probably figured out the Masons thing. Makes sense that he would have the complicated fakeclaim.

I'm almost flattered.

I believe Faust's role is that he has a 1d2 to roll for each other player in the game.  If he gets a "1", he has to argue that player is town, and if he gets a "2", he has to argue that player is scum.  The penalty if he doesn't follow is to get mod-killed.  This is the only explanation I can come up with on how my role is a complicated scummy fake claim and PPS's role, which required four chapter, a flow chart, a spreadsheet, and a hash function to describe is "yeah seems right".

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: July 24, 2014, 04:09:22 pm »

Actually, I revise my statement. I am still rereading. I'm sorry. I know I am moving at a snail pace with my promised reread. I am only reading chunks at a time. But, one thing I am noticing is that Ash has not pushed for any mislynches or any lynches much for that matter. I actually think Ash is trying to figure things out.

So, either PPS is the dice destroyer. Or, Faust is. I have a strong town read on Faust though. I think he is just confused by everything or has tunnel vision and has convinced himself that WW and I are the scum team and thus won't listen to any other perspective or argument.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: July 24, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »

Also, I just thought of something.  We all had to give Jimmmm a flavor weapon to use.  BA's role is something like Arms Inspector.. is the flavor involved in the result at all? 

Though I wonder what the flavor weapons were for.. I had assumed it would be used in flavor text, like "WW strikes the Troll with his +5 attackerthinger of attackingness" or whatever, but I haven't seen any yet.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: July 24, 2014, 04:11:48 pm »

Actually, I revise my statement. I am still rereading. I'm sorry. I know I am moving at a snail pace with my promised reread. I am only reading chunks at a time. But, one thing I am noticing is that Ash has not pushed for any mislynches or any lynches much for that matter. I actually think Ash is trying to figure things out.

So, either PPS is the dice destroyer. Or, Faust is. I have a strong town read on Faust though. I think he is just confused by everything or has tunnel vision and has convinced himself that WW and I are the scum team and thus won't listen to any other perspective or argument.

Ash seems to be trying to mislynch us pretty hard. 
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.