Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546693 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3650 on: July 23, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »

Finally, the whole weird random person thing is also apparently wrong. Apparently my target gets the 1d12 number of d8s and then the next person to receive dice, from me, in any manner at all will get d8s instead of d12s.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: July 23, 2014, 10:33:20 pm »

I am impressed I got it so thoroughly wrong. I will be curious to hear if, in the end, other people can see how I interpreted my role so wrong. All this said, I still feel it was appropriate to abstain from handing out d8s.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:17 pm »

I bet Jimmmmm has been shaking his head all this time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:23 pm »

So you're really telling me it never occurred to you to ask for clarity on most_confusing_mafia_role_ever before?

And I don't get why the second part has to be there.. you're already giving out d8s with your ability.. why the caveat that if you give out dice again in any other way they're d8's?  And isn't that only triggerable beyond your regular ability with the monster prize?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:51 pm »

I bet Jimmmmm has been shaking his head all this time.

I bet Jimmmm has been going through a lot of things throughout this entire game.  I imagine lots of laughter mixed with facepalms.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: July 23, 2014, 10:38:06 pm »

So you're really telling me it never occurred to you to ask for clarity on most_confusing_mafia_role_ever before?

And I don't get why the second part has to be there.. you're already giving out d8s with your ability.. why the caveat that if you give out dice again in any other way they're d8's?  And isn't that only triggerable beyond your regular ability with the monster prize?

Yeah, I read the role and decided this won't get used and really never thought much more about it till it became apparent I would have to use it to confirm I wasn't some dice destroyer. The 2nd bit must just be the cream on top for having used the role. Say I were the one to have distributed the reward instead of Faust, those would have all been d8s. I guess, now I think about it, it means if someone stole dice from me they would have gotten d8s too.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: July 24, 2014, 01:05:40 am »

Yeah, I read the role and decided this won't get used and really never thought much more about it till it became apparent I would have to use it to confirm I wasn't some dice destroyer. The 2nd bit must just be the cream on top for having used the role. Say I were the one to have distributed the reward instead of Faust, those would have all been d8s. I guess, now I think about it, it means if someone stole dice from me they would have gotten d8s too.

Dude, why would they get d8's from stealing from you? You rolled a 9 on day 3. Thus, the dice in your own personal supply go up to at least 1d9.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:44 am »

Dude, why would they get d8's from stealing from you? You rolled a 9 on day 3. Thus, the dice in your own personal supply go up to at least 1d9.

I don't think he has d8's but if someone took from him they would turn into d8's
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: July 24, 2014, 01:10:26 am »

I love how PPS claim becomes more and more convoluted and fake sounding.

The only thing adding any legitimacy is him claiming the revised version right after Jimmm steps in and posts on this board.  Then again, PPS could be using that as an excuse to further fakeify his super fake sounding fake claim of fakeness.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: July 24, 2014, 02:18:43 am »

The Ogre has attacked Hydrad!
Score: 5

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: July 24, 2014, 04:09:54 am »

If probably go for PPS over no Lynch.  But Ash is much scummier.
[/quote

"I'd probably do anything to get that last mislynch in."
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: July 24, 2014, 04:12:33 am »

The only thing adding any legitimacy is him claiming the revised version right after Jimmm steps in and posts on this board.  Then again, PPS could be using that as an excuse to further fakeify his super fake sounding fake claim of fakeness.

Dude, you seriously believe PPS is scum still? That was a series of super townie posts, and anyone who still thinks he's scum (liopoil?) should feel bad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: July 24, 2014, 04:19:42 am »

lio, I demand you explain why PPS is still scummy after this, or stop your witch hunt!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: July 24, 2014, 06:12:17 am »

They won't until I target someone which I have yet to do. Once I target someone they will receive d8s and then the next person to gain dice from me in any way will also get d8s. Since stealing from me is essentially gaining then the stolen dice become d8s on the way out the door. My power in no way increases my own supply. One clarification I did was when I ran out dice I asked if I could target myself and the answer was no.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:33 am »

If probably go for PPS over no Lynch.  But Ash is much scummier.
[/quote

"I'd probably do anything to get that last mislynch in."

Oh he's a mislynch?  Thanks, I missed the post where his alignment was revealed.  Thank god you're here.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: July 24, 2014, 08:17:34 am »

I don't understand you faust, this is nothing but scummy! How in the world you think this clears him is beyond me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:10 am »

I'm having trouble imagining him making all this up.  This tends not to be how fake claims go.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: July 24, 2014, 08:19:45 am »

Making this all up would be so. freaking. easy. And now it is super similar to my role - we both give 1d12 with a penalty.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: July 24, 2014, 08:21:16 am »

Making this all up would be so. freaking. easy. And now it is super similar to my role - we both give 1d12 with a penalty.

He doesn't give d12s

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: July 24, 2014, 08:22:45 am »

Of course, now he has a reason to never use his power.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: July 24, 2014, 08:27:19 am »

Well, I got answers about my role power and it is significantly different than I had interpreted it. When I give a man dice he gets a number of d12 dice randomized by the roll of 1d12. Then the next guy who gains dice in any way will be getting all d8 dice regardless if he gets 1 or 50 dice. Then, when the tainted guy rolls he alternates between his d12 and d8 dice until either all the d8s are gone or his supply of dice are exhausted.
This makes it sound like he gives d12s.... 1d12 of them. Has he changed his story yet again?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:54 am »

Well, I got answers about my role power and it is significantly different than I had interpreted it. When I give a man dice he gets a number of d12 dice randomized by the roll of 1d12. Then the next guy who gains dice in any way will be getting all d8 dice regardless if he gets 1 or 50 dice. Then, when the tainted guy rolls he alternates between his d12 and d8 dice until either all the d8s are gone or his supply of dice are exhausted.
This makes it sound like he gives d12s.... 1d12 of them. Has he changed his story yet again?

See that was my mistake from the beginning. 1d12 means the result of rolling a d12. I will give my target x number of d8s where x is the result of rolling an imaginary d12 die. So my target can receive anywhere between 1 and 12 d8s.

It might be possible you made the same error parsing your role?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: July 24, 2014, 08:34:39 am »

See that was my mistake from the beginning. 1d12 means the result of rolling a d12. I will give my target x number of d8s where x is the result of rolling an imaginary d12 die. So my target can receive anywhere between 1 and 12 d8s.

It might be possible you made the same error parsing your role?
No, that's not possible, because I asked Jimmmmm plenty of questions at the start of the game, and also read the miscellaneous section of the second post.

I've bolded in the above quote where you say that you give d12s, and now you are saying d8.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: July 24, 2014, 08:49:23 am »

But who pretends to be this confused on a made up role?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: July 24, 2014, 08:53:36 am »

Actually his role isn't so bad.  Having d8s is better than having no dice. 
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.