Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546946 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3400 on: July 23, 2014, 11:50:06 am »

Also, Faust being scum would explain why did not find PPS using all of his dice yesterday to be scummy. I mean, seriously, what is not scummy about rolling six dice in one day which is your entire supply just after someone gave you all those dice?

We talked about this.  Rolling 6 is probably better than rolling none.  Recall it costs dice to store a die, and to play a stored die, but he can still do this with no dice.  So rolling 4 and storing and playing one tomorrow is the same as rolling 6.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: July 23, 2014, 11:50:38 am »

Keep in mind Faust's thief ability is not confirmed.  The first day he got it, I was the only one that lost dice.  He claimed to steal from me and he claimed to give you more dice than you received, so that the dice destroyer must have targeted you.  The second day he claimed to steal from PPS, who had zero dice anyway.

WW, Hydrad was stolen from yesterday and again today. Oh wait, we don't know if Hydrad was stolen from yesterday because Hydrad had 7 dice, but Faust claimed to have given him 5. You are correct, Faust is not confirmed.

Sorry, it was Hydrad, not you.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:46 pm »

Keep in mind Faust's thief ability is not confirmed.  The first day he got it, I was the only one that lost dice.  He claimed to steal from me and he claimed to give you more dice than you received, so that the dice destroyer must have targeted you.  The second day he claimed to steal from PPS, who had zero dice anyway.

WW, Hydrad was stolen from yesterday and again today. Oh wait, we don't know if Hydrad was stolen from yesterday because Hydrad had 7 dice, but Faust claimed to have given him 5. You are correct, Faust is not confirmed.

Sorry I meant to say Hydrad got 5 dice yesterday, but Faust claimed to have given him 7.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: July 23, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

You know at this time, I think everyone should claim how many dice they got from Faust yesterday.

I got 5

Hydrad got (7)5

PPS 6

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: July 23, 2014, 12:15:09 pm »

I got 6

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: July 23, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

I got 5

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: July 23, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

I got none :(

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: July 23, 2014, 12:31:37 pm »

Faust, you really don't think PPS sounds scummy?

Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:09 pm »

Oh man, I was under the assumption it was proven that Hydrad was stolen from yesterday. I forgot about all of that. Still, it is likely we should know if Faust is scum or not tomorrow, especially if he claims to have stolen from someone who died. Or, maybe he will just claim to not his use his power at all. That is if he is the dice destroyer.

How is that argument fine when appield to me, but not when applied to PPS?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: July 23, 2014, 12:34:36 pm »

There were 42 dice in total. I kept three. If anyone is interested, I will post the dice distribution here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: July 23, 2014, 12:39:34 pm »

Oh man, I was under the assumption it was proven that Hydrad was stolen from yesterday. I forgot about all of that. Still, it is likely we should know if Faust is scum or not tomorrow, especially if he claims to have stolen from someone who died. Or, maybe he will just claim to not his use his power at all. That is if he is the dice destroyer.

How is that argument fine when appield to me, but not when applied to PPS?

When was it not fine when applied to PPS?  It's more or less what I've been saying.  Well, except the conclusion isn't that said person is scum, but rather that we don't have any more information towards verifying claim and not any closer to knowing whether said person is scum or not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: July 23, 2014, 12:45:21 pm »

So let me ask this.  Hypothetically, if BA and myself are IC's, is no lynch still the right scenario?  (This isn't an argument, it's a real question.  I mean, would you be coming to the same conclusion on strategy if you 100% believed me and BA right off the bat.)

I'm too tired of all this to respond in detail to your niche little defense (you haven't convinced me, surprise). This is a question I can answer though. Yes, I think no lynch would be even better then. Either we can confirm PPS' and my role, and scum kills one of you, or we can't, and scum kills one of our suspects. Win-win. Once PPS and I are confirmed, ash is the obvious lynch, and we don't run into any danger surrounding lovedness and other lynchproofness.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: July 23, 2014, 12:47:56 pm »

So let me ask this.  Hypothetically, if BA and myself are IC's, is no lynch still the right scenario?  (This isn't an argument, it's a real question.  I mean, would you be coming to the same conclusion on strategy if you 100% believed me and BA right off the bat.)

I'm too tired of all this to respond in detail to your niche little defense (you haven't convinced me, surprise). This is a question I can answer though. Yes, I think no lynch would be even better then. Either we can confirm PPS' and my role, and scum kills one of you, or we can't, and scum kills one of our suspects. Win-win. Once PPS and I are confirmed, ash is the obvious lynch, and we don't run into any danger surrounding lovedness and other lynchproofness.

I don't follow this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: July 23, 2014, 12:53:36 pm »

Oh yeah, also increasingly worrisome for me is that the three logical lynch candidates for today (Faust, Ash, PPS) are the only ones arguing the absurd case that BA and I are scum, and two of those are the big no-lynch proponents. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: July 23, 2014, 12:57:29 pm »

I don't follow this.

Say PPS targets ash, lio targets PPS (if PPS is telling the truth, PPS now has only d8's), BA checks PPS. PPS confirmed (by ash and BA). I check ash with the Mentalist, and I target someone.

I see that my confirmation get more problematic as scum could just choose not to destroy dice, hm. I guess you have to believe me. But if things go well, scum has to kill me anyway, because otherwise I produce another IC.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: July 23, 2014, 12:58:00 pm »

Oh yeah, also increasingly worrisome for me is that the three logical lynch candidates for today (Faust, Ash, PPS) are the only ones arguing the absurd case that BA and I are scum, and two of those are the big no-lynch proponents.

So what, we're all three scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: July 23, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »

All this proves is that it's possible for town to think you're scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: July 23, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »

I don't follow this.

Say PPS targets ash, lio targets PPS (if PPS is telling the truth, PPS now has only d8's), BA checks PPS. PPS confirmed (by ash and BA). I check ash with the Mentalist, and I target someone.

I see that my confirmation get more problematic as scum could just choose not to destroy dice, hm. I guess you have to believe me. But if things go well, scum has to kill me anyway, because otherwise I produce another IC.

How many dice does Lio's ability give?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: July 23, 2014, 01:02:49 pm »

So I have real problems trusting things that people say form that group.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: July 23, 2014, 01:03:41 pm »

Which is why I went through the effort to type out an explanation how that is not a reasonable scenario.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:08 pm »

I don't follow this.

1d12 I think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:04 pm »

I don't follow this.

1d12 I think.

So 11/12 BA targets PPS and gets 1,2, ..., 12.  1/12 he gets 1, 2, ..., 8.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »

PPS said the next die anyone receives right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »

PPS said the next die anyone receives right?

As I understood, he said all dice given out from there on. Otherwise his role would do nothing, really.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:54 pm »

And what about order?  If you steal from someone, you receive dice right?  How do we know the die you get isn't the d8.  What if someone uses Love Doctor to receive dice with Hated?  What if part of the prize tonight is to receive dice?  How do we know how "next" resolves?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.