Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548113 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3175 on: July 22, 2014, 05:51:36 pm »

Are you guys really going to no lynch? Its obviously faust/pingpongsam. If we no lynch today, I'm likely going to be NK'd and then faust and PPS will try to push WW or BAs lynch tommorow.

Part of me wants to lose just to be able to tell you "told you so". Why is it "obviously" me/pps? I thought ash is caught scum?
My scumread on ash lessened after the Love Doctor thing. You defending PPS like you are points to you and him being scumpartners.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: July 22, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

If faust is town (I think he is), he's dead tomorrow given his "I can cop someone!" statement, which wasn't the smartest thing he's ever said.

If pps or ash is scum, they'll kill him to protect themselves from the result.  Even if they are not, easy enough for scum to kill faust to make either of them look bad.

So if not Faust, then who?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: July 22, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »

I really think all three of BA, faust, and WW are town now. faust looks so much like mislead town, and I really don't think ww/BA fakeclaimed masons, largely because of the Hydrad confirmation that they wouldn't have time to come up with that.

Everybody is just way too confident about everything. Bold statements are bad. That said, pps is definitely scum and we should lynch him.

If the team is BA-WW and they have a loved, gg.

I don't like no lynch, there are too many ways that could come back to bite us and I don't think it will do us much good.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: July 22, 2014, 05:58:34 pm »

Day ends on Monday. I have (another) V/LA from Thursday to Saturday where I'll have no access.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

I really think all three of BA, faust, and WW are town now. faust looks so much like mislead town, and I really don't think ww/BA fakeclaimed masons, largely because of the Hydrad confirmation that they wouldn't have time to come up with that.

Everybody is just way too confident about everything. Bold statements are bad. That said, pps is definitely scum and we should lynch him.

I don't like no lynch, there are too many ways that could come back to bite us and I don't think it will do us much good.

The council was just three players?  Can the three council members expand on the whole thing, please?  I'm just not buying it as a prize.  It's lame.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »

The council was just three players?  Can the three council members expand on the whole thing, please?  I'm just not buying it as a prize.  It's lame.
the council was ichi, hydrad, ww, BA. ichi died, so only hydrad can confirm.

Also, if Hydrad were scum, ww or BA would have almost certainly died, so yet another reason to think he is town.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: July 22, 2014, 06:03:12 pm »

If you are town you will be proven a fool with this plan. I tend to think you town because scum would know that when I flip town you are the natural next lynch. Either way, lynching me because you think I am scum is foolish. Lynching me for some other end may not be terrible but I have yet to see any sensible end as such.

If you think WW and BA are scum vote WW, if you think they are town vote no lynch. Otherwise it's all a fool's errand, especially lynching me, I can promise you that.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: July 22, 2014, 06:06:55 pm »

If you are town you will be proven a fool with this plan. I tend to think you town because scum would know that when I flip town you are the natural next lynch. Either way, lynching me because you think I am scum is foolish. Lynching me for some other end may not be terrible but I have yet to see any sensible end as such.

If you think WW and BA are scum vote WW, if you think they are town vote no lynch. Otherwise it's all a fool's errand, especially lynching me, I can promise you that.
why is no lynch better than lynching scum?

perhaps I am a fool, but I don't think I am. Plus you are scum, so I'm not listening to you unless it is some sort of defense, which this certainly isn't.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: July 22, 2014, 06:11:21 pm »

why is no lynch better than lynching scum?

perhaps I am a fool, but I don't think I am. Plus you are scum...

Lynching scum would be super, but you're not talking about doing that. You speak with certainty you cannot have unless you are scum. Lynching me is what scum wants to do. The last thing they want is for me to confirm my role tonight, well next to avoiding the lynch today, of course. Your certainty is foolish regardless of your alignment unless scum have arranged it such that all they need is a mislynch today.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »

It is the lack of certainty about who is scum that means no lynch is a good idea. I think a mislynch now is end game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

Four players.  I received a in my person QT saying I have been invited to attend the Council, along with my fellow Mason, Beyond Awesome (in green text) and it explicitly said he was town-aligned (again, green text).  It  also said that two Neighbors (bold, not green) have been randomly selected from all other players to join as well.

Then it said that if I want to protect my identity, I can post under the pseudonym Alice.  It informed me that Beyond Awesome could post under the pseudonym Bob.  It then gave me a link to the Council QT.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: July 22, 2014, 06:13:57 pm »

Finally faust's sentiments about wanting some schadenfreude mirror my own and I see that as towny as hell because I am towny as hell.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: July 22, 2014, 06:15:34 pm »

First message in Council (from Jimmm) said Alice, Bob, Ichimaru and Hydrad were present.  First poster was BA (as Bob). 

When I came in (the QT opened up at night and I didn't see it until the next morning), Bob had posted a few messages from the previous night and Hydrad had checked in.  I decided to post under Alice as well. (BA's third message was to tell me (Alice) he knew my identity and to use pseudonyms until today.)   

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: July 22, 2014, 06:16:48 pm »

lynching me because you think I am scum is foolish.

Great out of context quote!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: July 22, 2014, 06:17:08 pm »

Finally faust's sentiments about wanting some schadenfreude mirror my own and I see that as towny as hell because I am towny as hell.

You speak with certainty you cannot have unless you are scum.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: July 22, 2014, 06:17:49 pm »

First message in Council (from Jimmm) said Alice, Bob, Ichimaru and Hydrad were present.  First poster was BA (as Bob). 

When I came in (the QT opened up at night and I didn't see it until the next morning), Bob had posted a few messages from the previous night and Hydrad had checked in.  I decided to post under Alice as well. (BA's third message was to tell me (Alice) he knew my identity and to use pseudonyms until today.)
WW, don't be super-duper specific or you may get modkilled.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: July 22, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »

the council was ichi, hydrad, ww, BA. ichi died, so only hydrad can confirm.

Also, if Hydrad were scum, ww or BA would have almost certainly died, so yet another reason to think he is town.

Well no, killing one of us confirms the other.  Scum team wouldn't want to confirm our claim if they can possibly get us lynched.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:16 pm »

It was stated I could paraphrase, so I believe I was within those confines.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »

It is the lack of certainty about who is scum that means no lynch is a good idea. I think a mislynch now is end game.
how, unless scum are loved, AND their kill goes through, AND town can't get a vig?

but you are not a mislynch! I would take no lynch over a lynch on anyone but you, which may be what happens.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: July 22, 2014, 06:21:35 pm »

Vote: no lynch

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: July 22, 2014, 06:21:43 pm »

It was stated I could paraphrase, so I believe I was within those confines.
I was meaning more with your PM.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: July 22, 2014, 06:22:24 pm »

Also, my first message was to tell Bob (BA) that I knew his identity and he was confirmed town to me.  So we couldn't have just came up with the Mason thing today.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: July 22, 2014, 06:27:52 pm »

Also, my first message was to tell Bob (BA) that I knew his identity and he was confirmed town to me.  So we couldn't have just came up with the Mason thing today.

Unless your first messages were in the scum QT that night.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: July 22, 2014, 06:29:37 pm »

The only thing that I don't know if everyone knows yet is that we can use the QT every night. its been mentioned a couple times but no one seems to of noticed so I'll just say it again so everyone knows.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: July 22, 2014, 06:31:10 pm »

Did Ichi say anything of note in the QT?

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.018 seconds with 20 queries.