Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548290 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3125 on: July 22, 2014, 04:54:43 pm »

The problem with the PPS/ash bit is that there are 2 scum remaining and there is no way we're both scum. I seriously doubt ash is scum and if faust is scum, holy wow, what an amazing job he is doing. So, really, according to the WW line of thinking he has cornered himself. If lio or arch are scum they are all grins right now I am sure.

"/" meant "or" there, not "and"

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: July 22, 2014, 04:55:18 pm »

The only way I see the prize being both scum are together is this.

Jimmm picks 2 random people and tells each other their roles. There is a chance that one could be town one could be scum. Or even both scum. or both town.

I just can't think that the power would be that both scum always are chosen as all it does is cause tons of confusion. But I guess I need to stop thinking of what is and isn't possible and just look at the facts at this point as ignoring possibilities can cause tons of problems.

PPE:3
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: July 22, 2014, 04:57:18 pm »

Okay yes.  So that's an issue for him making up a role.

The covers would be, either his partner can give out dice and he was planning to hide under him if he needed to (dangerous), or simply claim to target the person that lost dice (which he would know in this scenario, having that ability).

He has an excuse to not use his power for a while, being negative utility.  So he'd likely only need to "verify" once.

So Faust, if it's not PPS, then who?

Or, of course, he can just kill the person he claims to give a die to.  I'd want to avoid having to do that, though.  And the last-ditch thing would just be falsely claiming and trying to win out the 1-on-1 liar-liar situation that arises.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: July 22, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »

Jimmm picks 2 random people and tells each other their roles. There is a chance that one could be town one could be scum. Or even both scum. or both town.

I just can't think that the power would be that both scum always are chosen as all it does is cause tons of confusion. But I guess I need to stop thinking of what is and isn't possible and just look at the facts at this point as ignoring possibilities can cause tons of problems.

The thing with the prize is, it's so weird that it's just not possible that it doesn't cause confusion. I appreciate you considering all options.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:48 pm »

If WW and BA are town, I cannot begin to think of a reason they would be against a no lynch. That way they get me on their side, and we find scum almost certainly.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: July 22, 2014, 05:00:55 pm »

I guess the former could be possible.  But that doesn't even seem helpful for town at all.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: July 22, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »

My biggest fear is giving the die to the NK target. Second to that would be giving the die to scum and them denying it. No surprise how my legitimate fears are being twisted into the preemptive context needed to insure my mislynch tomorrow should either happen.

PPE: yeah, the admamant and synchronized refusal to no lynch was a dead give away to me, too

PS, I'm really leaving now, lol, bbl
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: July 22, 2014, 05:02:22 pm »

If WW and BA are town, I cannot begin to think of a reason they would be against a no lynch. That way they get me on their side, and we find scum almost certainly.

The only reason I can think that they would be opposed to a no lynch. (as i might be if I was in their situation) is if you were town and you had crossed of me/lio or something. you feel like you have the game won with only 3 people left being scum. So personally I would really just try to push lynching those people. Thats why I still feel that they are town.

PPE
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: July 22, 2014, 05:04:43 pm »

Okay I'll consider the no lynch.  I guess my biggest fear is that you're scum.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: July 22, 2014, 05:05:08 pm »

so should PPS target ash or someone that has a really low chance of being lynched? I don't know if he should say who hes going to target? but if its not who lio is targeting or me or faust I think it should work. The biggest issue isn't the fact that the person will die its that the person might have dice stolen from them and his no one will believe that he gave them dice.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:13 pm »

The only reason I can think that they would be opposed to a no lynch. (as i might be if I was in their situation) is if you were town and you had crossed of me/lio or something. you feel like you have the game won with only 3 people left being scum. So personally I would really just try to push lynching those people. Thats why I still feel that they are town.

PPE

But that's not what they say. Their lynch pool is still five people.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »

But think of it from my end.  I'm worried that I'm going to have the same list of suspects tomorrow with no new information to analyze.  Ash can't be verified, and there are problems with verifying yours and PPS's roles.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: July 22, 2014, 05:07:42 pm »

And, we will be out another town player.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: July 22, 2014, 05:08:39 pm »

I still think Ash is the best lynch choice today.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: July 22, 2014, 05:09:37 pm »

But think of it from my end.  I'm worried that I'm going to have the same list of suspects tomorrow with no new information to analyze.  Ash can't be verified, and there are problems with verifying yours and PPS's roles.

But the position is not actually worse, right? I mean, at least there will be some "if X is scum, then Y as well" connections. And for the rest of us, we can take you out of the lynch pool, why are you being so selfish? And there's a reward which may help us finding scum. And having 7 people around instead of 8 is not actually a worse situation.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: July 22, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »

Vote: No Lynch

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: July 22, 2014, 05:12:44 pm »

so should PPS target ash or someone that has a really low chance of being lynched? I don't know if he should say who hes going to target? but if its not who lio is targeting or me or faust I think it should work. The biggest issue isn't the fact that the person will die its that the person might have dice stolen from them and his no one will believe that he gave them dice.

Well, that's a really good point.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: July 22, 2014, 05:13:02 pm »

Vote: No Lynch

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:20 pm »

But the position is not actually worse, right? I mean, at least there will be some "if X is scum, then Y as well" connections. And for the rest of us, we can take you out of the lynch pool, why are you being so selfish? And there's a reward which may help us finding scum. And having 7 people around instead of 8 is not actually a worse situation.

Well.. I'm being selfish because I'm myself.  I guess I wasn't really realizing it was selfishness, it's hard for me to think about needing to verify things that I know are true.

I kind of assumed people would just believe me.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:48 pm »

Vote: Ash

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: July 22, 2014, 05:19:08 pm »

ahh also if PPS claims to target a scum member and he lies and says he didn't get any dice. we will just lynch PPS probably. if scum is loved then they just won the game.

Overall PPS's can go wrong in a tone of ways

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: July 22, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »

Are you guys really going to no lynch? Its obviously faust/pingpongsam. If we no lynch today, I'm likely going to be NK'd and then faust and PPS will try to push WW or BAs lynch tommorow.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: July 22, 2014, 05:20:23 pm »

ahh also if PPS claims to target a scum member and he lies and says he didn't get any dice. we will just lynch PPS probably. if scum is loved then they just won the game.

No, tomorrow is 7 with 5 town 2 scum.  So 4 to lynch, 5 for Loved.  Still possible.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: July 22, 2014, 05:22:22 pm »

You're right. The more important thing to me is confirming/outing BA/WW. If we can confirm PPS, that's a nice bonus.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: July 22, 2014, 05:24:08 pm »

Are you guys really going to no lynch? Its obviously faust/pingpongsam. If we no lynch today, I'm likely going to be NK'd and then faust and PPS will try to push WW or BAs lynch tommorow.

Part of me wants to lose just to be able to tell you "told you so". Why is it "obviously" me/pps? I thought ash is caught scum?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.931 seconds with 20 queries.