Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547860 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2975 on: July 22, 2014, 01:38:10 pm »

Vote: witherweaver

I'll hammer the no lynch if needed.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 22, 2014, 01:44:09 pm »

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 22, 2014, 01:49:00 pm »

Vote: witherweaver

I'll hammer the no lynch if needed.

Glad to see you come around :)

Still think the no lynch is safer.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 22, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »

This is terrible.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 22, 2014, 01:55:59 pm »

This is terrible.

No lynch?

Will you follow my plan if we no lynch?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 22, 2014, 01:59:16 pm »

This is terrible.

If you are town then labeling an astute observation as scum hedging is terrible. If you're scum, well, that wasn't the brightest play, either.
Of either alignment, when you flip me town you likely get nailed next, again not so great. So, I agree, this is terrible depending on what exactly it is we are qualifying as "this".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »

This is terrible.

No lynch?

Will you follow my plan if we no lynch?

The way the day going is terrible.  Voting for me or BA at all is terrible, and trying to convince people to do so is terrible.  It's only hurting us.

Yes, I'll use my ability and coordinate with Hydrad and BA.  I'm more or less operating under the assumption that Hydrad is town, though that could be somewhat dangerous.

I prefer not to no lynch, the large reason being that I don't trust you at all right now.  And I'm sure one of {You, PPS, Ash} is scum, so I want to lynch there.  And everyone else should, too.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »

This is terrible.

If you are town then labeling an astute observation as scum hedging is terrible. If you're scum, well, that wasn't the brightest play, either.
Of either alignment, when you flip me town you likely get nailed next, again not so great. So, I agree, this is terrible depending on what exactly it is we are qualifying as "this".

It was not an astute observation, and it was very hedgey.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »

The only people sure of anyone else's alignment are scum. People unsure of who is what alignment seem interested in no lynch. Certainty of alignment at this point is practically a scumtell.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 22, 2014, 02:02:42 pm »

It's obvious scum hedging.  Laying out a sketchy reason that makes it seem justified to judge for us in the future (and, oh, hey! you did!), while adding enough uncertainty to absolve yourself of guilt when we flip town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »

The only people sure of anyone else's alignment are scum. People unsure of who is what alignment seem interested in no lynch. Certainty of alignment at this point is practically a scumtell.

Or, hey, when I get a message from Jimmm that says this dude is town, I believe it.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:13 pm »

NO LYNCH IS NOT HAPPENING!

I am certain that Ash or PPS is scum. We have 50/50 odds just between those two players. We are going to lynch there.

PPE: 3

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:54 pm »

Fine, Vote: PPS

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 22, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »

This is terrible.

It was quite an accurate assessment so yes, it was astute, whether you liked it or not. The fact is BA/WW were/are resistant to no lynch, both were/are not voting despite everyone else having a vote somewhere. That there might be a link is a worthwhile notion. By opening myself up to other possibilities than the limited few I had before I am doing the exact opposite of hedging.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 22, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »

This is terrible.

It was quite an accurate assessment so yes, it was astute, whether you liked it or not. The fact is BA/WW were/are resistant to no lynch, both were/are not voting despite everyone else having a vote somewhere. That there might be a link is a worthwhile notion. By opening myself up to other possibilities than the limited few I had before I am doing the exact opposite of hedging.

There is a link.  We're Masons. 

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 22, 2014, 02:06:30 pm »

Saying scum must be within 2 or 3 people is hedging. At least in my dictionary it is defined as conditionally limiting quantities.

That BA/WW are united in this adamantly is plain to see and demonizing me for saying it is just silly on its face.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 22, 2014, 02:07:03 pm »

This is terrible.

There is a link.  We're Masons.

Masons do not by default resort to the exact same ideas of who must be scum and how the end of the day must go down.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 22, 2014, 02:08:33 pm »

Saying scum must be within 2 or 3 people is hedging. At least in my dictionary it is defined as conditionally limiting quantities.

That BA/WW are united in this adamantly is plain to see and demonizing me for saying it is just silly on its face.

There are three people whose claims are unverified.  Scum has an ability that no one has claimed.  A scum must therefore lie in this set of three people.

What is your problem with this rationale?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 22, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

NO LYNCH IS NOT HAPPENING!

I am certain that Ash or PPS is scum. We have 50/50 odds just between those two players. We are going to lynch there.

PPE: 3

And 100% are worse than 50%?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 22, 2014, 02:09:53 pm »

Hedging means putting yourself in a position to benefit (or mitigate damage) regardless of some unknown outcome.  Here, you don't know if I'll get lynched, but you want yourself to be in a position that looks good whether or not I do.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 22, 2014, 02:10:43 pm »

There are three people whose claims are unverified.  Scum has an ability that no one has claimed.  A scum must therefore lie in this set of three people.

We can confirm who it is tomorrow. What is your problem with that rationale? 1/3 is not good enough in a MyLo situation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 22, 2014, 02:11:19 pm »

We can confirm who it is tomorrow. What is your problem with that rationale? 1/3 is not good enough in a MyLo situation.

I'm not so convinced in the confirmation.  What happens if a confirming pair is the two scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 22, 2014, 02:16:12 pm »

I'm not so convinced in the confirmation.  What happens if a confirming pair is the two scum?

This can happen, yes. But it can only happen with PPS' confirmation. And I can investigate PPS. If I die, well, you have to figure out how likely a PPS/whoever he targeted pairing is.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

I think I've already found a problem with how i'm playing this.

I'm playing this game thinking how everyone should play logically. The problem is I think people are really good at tricking straight logical players.

I'm going to need to rethink from different angles and try to not only think of what logically makes sense.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:24 pm »

Or we can just lynch PPS today~!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.134 seconds with 20 queries.