Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548111 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2575 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »

faust, when I flip town and then you are sure lio is town then who do you think must be scum then?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: July 21, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »

Let's not lynch PPS just yet. I am still doing my reread.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:12 pm »

It it possible that you just reveal what you are talking about? We're not really in a position for mystery talk anymore.

I guess at this point, we should spill the beans. On N2, an NPC visited Ichi called the Love Doctor. Ichi brought up four options. The first option is to become permanently hated and gain lots of dice, but you take one less vote to lynch for the rest of the game. The second option is to become hated for a day and gain some dice, and it takes one less vote to lynch the next day.

Obviously, the first two choices are towny.

The third option is to become permanently loved by losing lots of dice. If you choose this option, it takes one more vote to lynch you for the rest of the game. I have a feeling this is the choice Ash chose. The fourth option is to become hated for a day and just lose a few dice. In that case, the following day, it takes one more vote to lynch you.

Ichi never mentioned a fifth option in the Council Room. He specifically said there were four choices. So, either Ichi left a choice off because he felt it was not worth mentioning or Ash is lying and he chose one of the options to make it so he takes one more to lynch him which is pretty scummy. If you ask me, trading dice to prevent oneself from getting lynched is pretty selfish.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: July 21, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »

Let's not lynch PPS just yet. I am still doing my reread.

Unvote for now. I want to finish my reread first.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: July 21, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »

faust, when I flip town and then you are sure lio is town then who do you think must be scum then?

Well, either ash/Archetype (which I find rather unlikely) or WW/BA. I would do a massive ash/Arch reread and hopefully find out.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: July 21, 2014, 01:59:09 pm »

Hmm....What if there were other options to the Love Doctor? What if Ash did something that made it so it took one less vote to lynch other players? I could see him doing that. Frame someone and then try to get people to put them at L-1 which would actually be derphammer.

Well, Ichi never mentioned any such thing, but maybe he thought no one would go for that type of option.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: July 21, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

Either way, I feel like whatever Ash did, it was pretty scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: July 21, 2014, 02:08:41 pm »

Hmm....What if there were other options to the Love Doctor? What if Ash did something that made it so it took one less vote to lynch other players? I could see him doing that. Frame someone and then try to get people to put them at L-1 which would actually be derphammer.

Well, Ichi never mentioned any such thing, but maybe he thought no one would go for that type of option.

I don't think there would be other options. For reference, the Grim Reaper also offers exactly four options.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: July 21, 2014, 02:09:29 pm »

I don't think there would be other options. For reference, the Grim Reaper also offers exactly four options.

Okay, in that case, Ash is lying and he chose one of the options to make it so it takes one more vote to lynch him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: July 21, 2014, 02:09:53 pm »

I am certainly very interested in ashersky's explanation right now. These accusations weigh pretty heavy indeed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: July 21, 2014, 02:10:38 pm »

Not sure what scum!ashersky gains from being loved though.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: July 21, 2014, 02:13:23 pm »

Well, he also made it sound as if he was stolen from earlier in the day. Obviously, he changed his stance on this later. But, I feel like he was trying to frame you and Hydrad and then he admits he was visited by an NPC that messes with the lync. He was probably banking on no one knowing what that NPC was because it had not been mentioned up to this point.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: July 21, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »

Seriously, I have no idea what Ash is doing at this point. His play style is so weird and confusing and also super scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: July 21, 2014, 02:25:15 pm »

Well, he also made it sound as if he was stolen from earlier in the day. Obviously, he changed his stance on this later. But, I feel like he was trying to frame you and Hydrad and then he admits he was visited by an NPC that messes with the lync. He was probably banking on no one knowing what that NPC was because it had not been mentioned up to this point.

But he could frame us without the NPC, by just lying. So using the NPC should have given him some benefit. I don't see that benefit.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: July 21, 2014, 02:35:07 pm »

Am I missing something?  Being loved at lylo would be pretty good for scum, right?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:15 pm »

Ichi listed four options.  I do not think there were more options available.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »

Am I missing something?  Being loved at lylo would be pretty good for scum, right?

Yes, it would.

So, here is my theory. Ash says he lost dice. Losing dice and being stolen from are not the same. Schematics. So, Ash's original plan was to frame Faust, it seems.

Then, I think Ash was banking on no one knowing what the Love Doctor was. I think then when he was supposedly lynched, he would lie and say he was visited by an NPC (or someone targeted him) that stole all his dice and made him lynch proof for the day. So, then, no one would cast the extra vote needed to lynch him, and he would live another day. At least, I think that was his plan. I think Ash pretty much figured he was the top target to be lynched today, and this was a last minute act of desperation.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:58 pm »

Ichi listed four options.  I do not think there were more options available.

Therefore Ash is lying and he chose to be loved.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: July 21, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »

Anyway, there are only two players who can be the dice destroyer. It has to be PPS or Ash. Both players have roles that can't be verified. Lio and Arch have been verified, so they are not the dice destroyer.

So, unless I am missing some pertinent detail, I believe lynching Ash today is correct.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: July 21, 2014, 02:47:23 pm »

Faust's role is not verified as well.  Not saying we should pursue that now, but we should be careful to not forget that.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: July 21, 2014, 02:51:20 pm »

For the bazillionth time, I DID NOT HAVE DICE "STOLEN."

Go back and read my posts, people.
I never claimed my dice were "stolen."  I claimed that someone targeted me last night and now I have no dice.

If you're a VT, how would you know if someone targeted you last night?  Unless you having 0 dice is confirmation that someone targeted you... If that's the case, then why wouldn't that point to you having dice stolen from you.

This seems like ash putting himself into the 1-1-1 situation, and now quietly trying to step out of it.

I know someone targeted me because stuff happened in my QT.

At the beginning of the night I had X number of dice.  At the end of the night, as a result of the stuff, I had X-X = 0 number of dice.  The stuff to which I refer was NOT stealing.

What kind of stuff are you referring to here? If you think it's scum-induced, you should definitely claim it. If you think it's Town-induced, then who could it have been? Everyone has claimed. I guess maybe it could be a 4th NPC. If so, then why hasn't it been mentioned before?

It hasn't been mentioned up to now by anyone, but I find it extremely hard to believe it just started up on N3.

It has to do with messing with the lynch.

Does it start with love?
Yes, what Hydrad mentions relates to what I'm talking about.

I never said stolen.  I said I now have no dice.  That's different.

It's possible that if this happened to others, vote stuff is all screwy now.

So, Ash tries to make it sound as if another player targeted him. It was actually an NPC. He was banking on no one knowing what the Love Doctor was until Hydrad brings it up.

Ash is lying through his teeth. He also claims he received no benefit which is also a lie.

Vote: Ash

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: July 21, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »

Yes, it would.

So, here is my theory. Ash says he lost dice. Losing dice and being stolen from are not the same. Schematics. So, Ash's original plan was to frame Faust, it seems.

Then, I think Ash was banking on no one knowing what the Love Doctor was. I think then when he was supposedly lynched, he would lie and say he was visited by an NPC (or someone targeted him) that stole all his dice and made him lynch proof for the day. So, then, no one would cast the extra vote needed to lynch him, and he would live another day. At least, I think that was his plan. I think Ash pretty much figured he was the top target to be lynched today, and this was a last minute act of desperation.

You're making ash sound much stupider than he actually his.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 21, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »

Yes, it would.

Okay, then what was his plan exactly? What is your theory?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 21, 2014, 02:58:48 pm »

Is there anyone around that the Love Doctor visited N1?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 21, 2014, 03:01:32 pm »

Yes, it would.

Okay, then what was his plan exactly? What is your theory?

Not sure. But I'm ready and willing to wait for him and see if he has a convincing story to tell.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.121 seconds with 20 queries.