Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546600 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2375 on: July 19, 2014, 12:28:23 pm »

What makes it better is that:

-if we ever do decide to lynch one of WW/BA and they are scum, we win
-if they are town there is a non-zero chance one of them dies or we get other new information before we lynch them.

Also, you really have that much of a townread on arch, pps, and me?

We won't get new information, scum will kill me or Hydrad tonight, pretty certain about that. And yeah, if we lynch them and they flip scum, we win. I want to win, sooner rather than later.
Most likely we won't get new information and scum won't kill one of them, but who knows? It could happen. I don't care when we win, I just want us to win, and you should feel the same.

So summary:

liopoil deals out dice, and he has done that in a very pro-town way. He's also not going after BA/WW, which I think scum!him would need to do in order to win.

Arch/previously mail-mi has played a generally pro-town game, I don't see what incriminates him. The way mail-mi approached his role D1 is unlikely to come from scum!him I think.

PPS has apparently always told the truth about his dice situation, why would scum steal from themselves D1? It only made PPS a better lynch target. He used all his dice in a very pro-town way. I get a town vibe from his posts.

ash is so strange this game, I think scum!him would be more involved. The VT claim makes little sense as scum, it's ash though, so who knows?

So who is left, really? We can end this game with a win right now, why stretch it out?
Well, I'm not going to argue against you on having a correct townread on me, but I will say that I don't think that is enough to assume I am town from a neutral perspective.

arch-mi has not played a pro-town game at all. He contributed 0 dice on days 1 and 2, and mail-mi at least was super lurky. The only  thing holding me back is his 9 on day 3, but that is easily done as scum.

pps may have started with very few dice, and as scum, you don't generally care if you run out of dice... you don't want to help town anyway! It would probably be a good idea for scum to roll lots of dice and store good ones for later, while being able to claim to be out of dice. Running out of dice cannot be a townie thing to do.

VT claim simply has to be scummy. Sure, there could be a second VT, but VT is the easiest possible thing for scum to claim. He's been V/LA, I think. Are you really giving him towncred for not being involved?

Speaking of dice, are the rest of us going to roll, or are we just hoping that the stored dice of BA and hydrad will push us through to victory? I think we should roll, because there haven't been any monster attacks yet. Probably ww and faust should roll last.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 19, 2014, 12:30:12 pm »

Beyond Awesome and Witherweaver: A scum narrative
Okay faust, you certainly have a point, and I will consider it... should we get to lylo with them both still alive and we haven't lynched a second scum yet. In the meantime, you have to get that out of your head and assume they aren't scum.

In response to BA: a pps-ash team is certainly possible, in fact it is from my perspective that it should be the most possible, but their interactions are a bit weird for that. Although, it is pps and ashersky after all... I will certainly consider that. But an arch-pps or arch-ash team also seems highly possible, and I'd like people to consider that more.

Yeah, well, thing is, there is only one player other than WW and BA that I think has a decent chance of being scum, and that's ashersky. Only he can't be scum alone, so it gets back to WW/BA. Why should we not lynch one of them today? What makes lynching among you/Arch/PPS/ash so much better?

You should not lynch WW or me today because if we catch scum WW and me become ICs.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 19, 2014, 12:35:55 pm »

Ya I'm pretty sure me or faust is dead after tonight.

I did some rereading and am now starting to suspect WW and BA a bit more.

The only other combo I can think that might be scum is asher/arche. or lio/pps

PPS and lio don't feel like scum to me after rereading their interactions with asher. There is a small chance that they are both scum together but i don't feel like its that strong.

asher/arche I feel like it isn't that strong of a possibility as I have had a town read on arche for pretty much this whole game. The only reason I'm thinking this is the mail-mi incident with rolling 2 dice and getting them canceled right away. Of course it could just be a unlucky situation for town. But still scum would probably use that power to look towny and end up hurting town.

Also I feel like their interactions make much more sense as scum partners then any others I can come up with.

Overall I still want to have a asher lynch tonight. If he pops up town I might consider lynching BA/WW but I feel like its better to go with a non WW/BA lynch incase asher is scum and then we still have a myslynch to find the last scum. But if we vote BA/WW off and they are town then we are in a mylo situation unless we get a doctor power again or something.

PPE:2
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 19, 2014, 01:00:15 pm »

Okay, I have realized that either Hydrad, Faust, or Ash is lying about the dice stealing.

I get a super strong town vibe from Hydrad, so I am sure he is telling the truth. Faust, I am not as convinced he is town like others. And, Ash, well, he could be telling the truth or lying about getting stolen.

If Ash flips town then that means either Hydrad or Faust have to be scum. That means either WW or I will be NK'd because if Hydrad is town, scum will want to keep him alive because if not then, well, everyone knows Faust is scum.

So, really, the only three possible lynch candidates today are Hydrad, Faust, and Ash. I know no one will lynch Faust. There is no way I will lynch Hydrad. So, that really only leaves us with Ash.

Well, there is a possibility that someone else stole somehow. So, if a town-aligned member somehow stole dice from either Ash or Hydrad, you need to speak up now or forever hold your peace.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 19, 2014, 01:02:45 pm »

Well, fine, I'm not winning anything here.

Vote: ashersky

By the way, I have a 1 stored. just in case we need more against the monster.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 19, 2014, 01:03:25 pm »

If ash flips town, and I die, and you do not lynch WW/BA, I will be so so mad.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 19, 2014, 01:09:09 pm »

Okay, I have realized that either Hydrad, Faust, or Ash is lying about the dice stealing.
Can you explain this again? Hydrad and Ash claim to have been stolen from, but faust claims to have stolen from pps, which leaves two people having been stolen from by a dice destructor? Oh wow, that is a very good point, but also a very stupid lie for scum to make. So this is weird... let's all claim what we each know about this, just to get scum on the record on what went on last night, and also for town to speak up if they know stuff.

I was not stolen from, did not steal from anyone, and know nothing about this.

Oh I just remembered, you never answered, Hydrad, did anything weird happen with your roll?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 19, 2014, 01:11:59 pm »

So, coordination is a thing.

WW, target one of Archetype/liopoil tonight.
Hydrad, target WW tonight. Block a random number.
BA, target WW tonight.
As for lio, probably best to target PPS. He needs dice.
I don't think there's a really good target for me. Not sure what I'll do, suggestions?

So yeah, that plan should catch WW/BA in a lie, if we assume one of them is the dice destroyer.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 19, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »

Can you explain this again? Hydrad and Ash claim to have been stolen from, but faust claims to have stolen from pps, which leaves two people having been stolen from by a dice destructor? Oh wow, that is a very good point, but also a very stupid lie for scum to make. So this is weird... let's all claim what we each know about this, just to get scum on the record on what went on last night, and also for town to speak up if they know stuff.

Oh I just remembered, you never answered, Hydrad, did anything weird happen with your roll?

Good idea.

I was not stolen from, did not steal from anyone, and as well, I know nothing about this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 19, 2014, 01:14:00 pm »

The dice stealing happening thrice is weird, couldn't it be that it has to do with today's monster though? We haven't seen an attack after all...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: July 19, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »

All I know is I stole from PPS and nothing happened.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 19, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »

The dice stealing happening thrice is weird, couldn't it be that it has to do with today's monster though? We haven't seen an attack after all...

Well, Hydrad claims he was stolen from at the start of the day. And, I am not going to trust anything Ash says. It could be the monster steals from a random player at the start of the day...but, I don't know about that theory honestly.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 19, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »

Well, Hydrad claims he was stolen from at the start of the day. And, I am not going to trust anything Ash says. It could be the monster steals from a random player at the start of the day...but, I don't know about that theory honestly.

Then present a better theory!

Also, are you okay with my plan for tonight?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 19, 2014, 01:18:52 pm »

BA targeting WW is silly, he won't do that. I don't want to give dice to scum, so I probably won't do that. Although that means we can force him to roll. 1d12 is a big range though, so he could claim to have just gotten 1 die even if he got 12.

faust, every other time someone was attacked Jimmmmm announced it. Do you think this is any different?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 19, 2014, 01:20:15 pm »

What do you mean by that?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 19, 2014, 01:21:13 pm »

well you said all the other days that your dice seemed manipulated. It doesn't really matter.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 19, 2014, 01:22:37 pm »

BA targeting WW is silly, he won't do that. I don't want to give dice to scum, so I probably won't do that. Although that means we can force him to roll. 1d12 is a big range though, so he could claim to have just gotten 1 die even if he got 12.

faust, every other time someone was attacked Jimmmmm announced it. Do you think this is any different?

Why is BA targeting WW silly? Who would be a better target?

Fairly point about PPS, and he still has a decent die stored, so we will probably be fine with you targeting someone else. Your role is already confirmed anyway.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 19, 2014, 01:23:03 pm »

well you said all the other days that your dice seemed manipulated. It doesn't really matter.

Oh no today I played a stored dice also. And ya still have yet to roll higher then a 7 but it doesn't look like anyone has a power like that so i'm guessing I've just had incredibly bad luck.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 19, 2014, 01:23:30 pm »

Fairly point about PPS, and he still has a decent die stored, so we will probably be fine with you targeting someone else. Your role is already confirmed anyway.

Wait if PPS still has a dice stored but no dice... I don't think he can play it?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 19, 2014, 01:24:01 pm »

If I didn't know better, I would say lio is scum partners with BA and WW. Reaally strange behaviour towards them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 19, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

Wait if PPS still has a dice stored but no dice... I don't think he can play it?

From reading the OP, I think it should be possible.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 19, 2014, 01:26:32 pm »

ah. i see.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 19, 2014, 01:36:33 pm »

Oh no today I played a stored dice also. And ya still have yet to roll higher then a 7 but it doesn't look like anyone has a power like that so i'm guessing I've just had incredibly bad luck.

It could be that since both you and I played stored dice that is why we haven't seen anything announced with the monster...unless Faust's theory holds true and the monster's attack was to steal from someone. I am kind of doubting that though.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 19, 2014, 01:40:47 pm »

did the grim reaper have a ability to steal dice?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 19, 2014, 01:49:19 pm »

did the grim reaper have a ability to steal dice?

No.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.