Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546708 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2325 on: July 18, 2014, 05:45:25 pm »

Personally I think the likely hood of both WW and BA being scum are extremely low. Their interactions did not at all seem like it was scum who planned it out. Also the chance that Jimmmm randomly selected 2 scum to be hidden like that is really low. I would be surprised if Jimmm even allowed scum to have a chance to be alice or bob.

For a town benefit it doesn't make any sense at all for the benifit to just be a council room of 4 people who talk together during the night.

I understand its a possibilty that this happened but unless something big happens making me thing WW or BA is scum I doubt I will be voting for them even if a lynch on asher or lio comes up town. Personally if we lynch asher tonight and he comes up town that just makes me think its lio and PPS and doesn't make me suspect WW or BA really at all.

PPE:5
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:29 pm »

Moreover, the Grim Reaper visited me last night.  I don't think Faust shared anything about it, so I won't say anything yet.

Did you use the Grim Reaper?

I did not.

Name a power the Grim Reaper offers.

Vig.

That's kind of obvious. How much does it cost and what are the restrictions?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:20 pm »

Personally I think the likely hood of both WW and BA being scum are extremely low. Their interactions did not at all seem like it was scum who planned it out. Also the chance that Jimmmm randomly selected 2 scum to be hidden like that is really low. I would be surprised if Jimmm even allowed scum to have a chance to be alice or bob.

For a town benefit it doesn't make any sense at all for the benifit to just be a council room of 4 people who talk together during the night.

I understand its a possibilty that this happened but unless something big happens making me thing WW or BA is scum I doubt I will be voting for them even if a lynch on asher or lio comes up town. Personally if we lynch asher tonight and he comes up town that just makes me think its lio and PPS and doesn't make me suspect WW or BA really at all.

And what if the reward is that Alice and Bob are guaranteed to be scum?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »

Moreover, the Grim Reaper visited me last night.  I don't think Faust shared anything about it, so I won't say anything yet.

Did you use the Grim Reaper?

I did not.

Name a power the Grim Reaper offers.

Vig.

That's kind of obvious. How much does it cost and what are the restrictions?

Cost 15, only usable by Town-aligned.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: July 18, 2014, 05:50:44 pm »

scum gets an extra kill
you lost me there.

I agree, no point in claiming in QT. But it is possible that both are scum. Alice and Bob could just have been chosen randomly, or maybe not randomly, who knows. I lean towards both being town, and in any case, we are lynching neither today, and probably not any day. So I will be assuming both are town, for now.

That is a bad policy.

Well, I guess I'd be fine with not lynching them today, since really, if we got one we got both, but I'm afraid that if I don't push this case, it will be forgotten.
It's not a bad policy. Why have you been just directly contradicting me? You did it here too:

confirming roles isn't that helpful, man. At this point, this dice destructor is probably just a factional power or something.

I don't believe that.

I have been contradicting you because I think you are wrong.

Also:
Well, I think if you two are not scum, the scum team is ash/lio. I would be okay lynching one of them if you all promise me that should they flip town, you will lynch WW/BA.
What about pps and archetype?

I think PPS and Archetype are both town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:14 pm »

Okay, well, I believe now that the Grim Reaper has indeed visited WW. Doesn't say anything about his alignment though. A second death tonight could have confirmed you as town, you know?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:33 pm »

I thought this too till they both claimed. Why would scum do that? Seems a very risky attempt to IC themselves since staying  silent is basically zero risk.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:15 pm »

Okay, well, I believe now that the Grim Reaper has indeed visited WW. Doesn't say anything about his alignment though. A second death tonight could have confirmed you as town, you know?

Unfortunately, that was not a possibility. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:46 pm »

I thought this too till they both claimed. Why would scum do that? Seems a very risky attempt to IC themselves since staying  silent is basically zero risk.

Because they're both scummy and likely to be lynched, and even more so with the Council Romm thing.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 18, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

Then that would be interesting. But for me at least I had a pretty strong town read on both WW and BA before I even knew who they were. If it was asher/lio or something I would suspect it a lot more but I'm pretty sure that WW and BA are town. If they aren't I will admit that I pretty much threw the game.

but BA has been rolling some of the best numbers for us all game and WW doesn't feel scummy to me at all. With that and their interactions in the QT I am almost 100% sure they are town.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 18, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »

Funny how everyone claims to have had a townread on BA after we pretty much know he's town. We were all set to lynch him the other day... and probably would have yesterday if not for chairs.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 18, 2014, 06:00:33 pm »

I have faith that Jimmmmm did not make a town reward that amounts to a basket of WIFOM. This is too easily gamed, basically a shared reward. Masons and a QT amount to a real reward.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: July 18, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

Funny how everyone claims to have had a townread on BA after we pretty much know he's town. We were all set to lynch him the other day... and probably would have yesterday if not for chairs.

I've not read him much town. I started the day calling him null. It's been all the undue pressure towards him most of the game that makes me think he is not scum. Same case for myself I might add.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: July 18, 2014, 06:06:42 pm »

I had a huge scum read on BA, I was very surprised to get my QT message.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: July 18, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »

This is quite true. I believe you were one of the biggest advocates to have me lynched actually.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:03 pm »

It's been all the undue pressure towards him most of the game that makes me think he is not scum. Same case for myself I might add.
Pretty sure I'm the only one that has been consistently calling you scum since day 1, which you almost certainly are, by the way.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 18, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »

This is quite true. I believe you were one of the biggest advocates to have me lynched actually.
Can you guys stop making me think you are the scumteam when you aren't? Thanks.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 18, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »

Alright. If deadline was right now I would be choosing Ash. What I really need to convince myself of today is that Faust is not scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13:11 pm »

It's been all the undue pressure towards him most of the game that makes me think he is not scum. Same case for myself I might add.
Pretty sure I'm the only one that has been consistently calling you scum since day 1, which you almost certainly are, by the way.

No, go look at me.  But I agree that he has.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: July 18, 2014, 06:22:29 pm »

Oh. I misread.. I had thought you were talking to BA about him being scummy.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: July 18, 2014, 06:22:54 pm »

Alright. If deadline was right now I would be choosing Ash. What I really need to convince myself of today is that Faust is not scum.
Nahh, don't bother. I'm not trying to convince myself you guys are town, I'm just assuming it because I don't want you lynched for now at the very least. You have to know that faust is not getting lynched today, so just assume he's town. Focus on finding the two scum in me, ash, arch, and pps.

No, go look at me.  But I agree that he has.
What does "he has" mean? You mean that he is scum?

But, I went an looked at you, here's what I found:

PPS seems town enough..
vote: pps above posts are scummy... (how's that for an explanation?)

Awesome because you just elevated yourself to obvtown afaiac.

I don't get this.
And I think don't vote for PPS either.

Can you elucidate why?

My gut tells me you're town.

Were you talking about BA? In any case, I'm glad that it seems you have come around to pps being scum.

I won't be voting until I've reread a bit though.

PPE: oh. Well, screw it, I'm posting this anyway.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 18, 2014, 06:30:22 pm »

One thing I will say. fausts votes and actions right now might be giving some people a slight scum vibe as I see some people are starting to suspect him. Honestly his actions make me almost positive that he is town also. My reasoning is this. If you were scum!faust and you saw that no one was suspecting you and everyone is thinking asher/lio/arch/pps is scum why would you ever fight against that so hard in not believing WW and BA.

If faust was scum he would most likely go along with our accusations and have a pretty much free win. The way I see faust is acting is that his top 2(ish) scum reads just basically said they are IC's so of course hes doubting them. Personally I will find myself hard pressed to vote WW,BA or faust.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:22 pm »

If Faust is scum he deserves the win. If ash is town he deserves the loss and so do I.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »

Honestly, I am going to have to do a full reread of everything from D1 on Ash, lio, arch, and pps. That will take quite a lot of time, and probably won't happen for a day or two. I'm not fully convinced that Ash is scum. And, with the way things have been going, I don't want to rush into a lynch because we are getting much closer to lylo happening.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: July 18, 2014, 06:43:51 pm »

yes I believe we only have 1 more mislynch available. Unless we get something like the doctor ability again.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.