Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546103 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2050 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »

@pps -- I don't know that I inherited the Advisor role, just that I inherited the power to direct the mentalist to a new target.  I actually would assume the Advisor option still gets you XP, not me.

I can't quote directly, but basically I was given the option of sending the mentalist to someone tomorrow night because the Advisor died.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 14, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

Are we generally ignoring who the monsters attack each day?  This is a general question.
Well, no, we aren't ignoring them, but I don't think there is much to be gleaned from them. As far as we can tell the only way the attacks effect the player is for their roll on that day.

If we assume that scum is directing the monsters at specific people, there is something to be gleaned.  I mean, Wifom and all that, but I doubt they'd targeted themselves every day, for example.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:45 pm »

Are we generally ignoring who the monsters attack each day?  This is a general question.
Well, no, we aren't ignoring them, but I don't think there is much to be gleaned from them. As far as we can tell the only way the attacks effect the player is for their roll on that day.

If we assume that scum is directing the monsters at specific people, there is something to be gleaned.  I mean, Wifom and all that, but I doubt they'd targeted themselves every day, for example.
Well of course not, nobody has been attacked twice and this is the third day.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 14, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

who I targeted.

N0: faust forbid: 4
N1: XP forbid: 3
N2: asher forbid:4

Why 3 instead of 4?

I didn't want to fully ban out all 4's incase we fought the orc late into the game and ended up with half the people without the ability to roll a 4.
wait, I don't get why it's better to ban 4s than 3s in general... oh because of the goblin? Hmmmm. Yes, that makes sense. If ash and faust confirms confirms having never rolled a 4, I believe this.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 14, 2014, 07:51:34 pm »

So at least two guaranteed town in 4 attacked.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: July 14, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »

who I targeted.

N0: faust forbid: 4
N1: XP forbid: 3
N2: asher forbid:4

Why 3 instead of 4?

I didn't want to fully ban out all 4's incase we fought the orc late into the game and ended up with half the people without the ability to roll a 4.
wait, I don't get why it's better to ban 4s than 3s in general... oh because of the goblin? Hmmmm. Yes, that makes sense. If ash and faust confirms confirms having never rolled a 4, I believe this.
fixed.

So at least two guaranteed town in 4 attacked.
Yeah, there's at least 2 town in any group of four players.

I'm going to claim if faust does not object. Even if he does I might anyway.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32:03 pm »

I am the ambassador. Each night except for night 0 I may target 1 player. I lose 1 die and they gain 1d12 dice. It doesn't do anything if I don't have a die to discard. I guess the idea is that I reveal and roll that one die from my "hand".

N1 I targeted faust because he was my top townread.
N2 I targeted ichimaru gin because he had just about passed faust up as top townread, and I thought faust probably had enough dice now, and would almost certainly get some dice that night because most people thought he was town. Although the same could be said for ichimaru I suppose.

faust can confirm this, and if faust reveals how many dice he gave ichimaru then ichi can confirm this too.

I think scum might have already realized that I gave dice because of:
Ok. Just got up. Um. I was "visited" during the night, but I was not given a player name. I was given some options and made a decision. Not sure how much more I want to talk about it though. Ah, and I see liopoil says he targeted me with something special. I think this was probably it.

I voted for faust to be the one to distribute the treasure. This morning, I also received some dice.

which I had to respond to saying that I didn't do that, so he didn't think I had some other role. Scum probably could figure out that I must have given dice.

I didn't want scum to know because I think that my role is quite good. However they probably don't have any sort of roleblocker anymore and I don't mind being NKed much because I have gotten some amount of suspicion.

Town can direct who I use my power on tonight, but that could be a bad idea because scum would just kill them. In any case, I think it unlikely that my claim will help scum at this point.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 14, 2014, 08:44:17 pm »

Confirmable power notwithstanding, you're alignment cannot be certain. That said, this is believable enough to push you to the bottom of my suspicion pile. Funny none of your targets have died so they can conveniently confirm you if you are scum.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:28 pm »

so is asher the only one we don't know his role?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: July 14, 2014, 09:10:37 pm »

so is asher the only one we don't know his role?

I believe so

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:33 pm »

Ok guys. Still haven't caught up yet. But can someone tell me if I should roll and what numbers I'm shooting for. I also know there was a discussion regarding me rerolling someone that it seemed there was some controversy over. I can confirm 100% that my power does not work on stored dice. It only works on dice rolled on the very day I'm using my power.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: July 14, 2014, 10:43:36 pm »

Ok guys. Still haven't caught up yet. But can someone tell me if I should roll and what numbers I'm shooting for. I also know there was a discussion regarding me rerolling someone that it seemed there was some controversy over. I can confirm 100% that my power does not work on stored dice. It only works on dice rolled on the very day I'm using my power.

Right now we need a high odd number I believe. and at the moment it looks like we don't really need your rerolling power. I think its best to save it in case we somehow can't reach the number if someone gets terrible rolls.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: July 14, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »

also happy living through surgery day

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »

Ok guys. Still haven't caught up yet. But can someone tell me if I should roll and what numbers I'm shooting for. I also know there was a discussion regarding me rerolling someone that it seemed there was some controversy over. I can confirm 100% that my power does not work on stored dice. It only works on dice rolled on the very day I' using my power.

Yes. You need to roll. And, you need an odd number. We are 15 points away from killing the monster. I think Arch is the only one not to roll beside you. So, you guys need a 7.5 average between the two of you.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »

Ok guys. Still haven't caught up yet. But can someone tell me if I should roll and what numbers I'm shooting for. I also know there was a discussion regarding me rerolling someone that it seemed there was some controversy over. I can confirm 100% that my power does not work on stored dice. It only works on dice rolled on the very day I' using my power.

Yes. You need to roll. And, you need an odd number. We are 15 points away from killing the monster. I think Arch is the only one not to roll beside you. So, you guys need a 7.5 average between the two of you.
Ok. Rolling right now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 14, 2014, 11:29:59 pm »

...And this sucks. I rolled a high number of dice to ensure a good roll, but it seems luck thought otherwise.

play: 5

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 14, 2014, 11:30:58 pm »

Ichimaru Gin plays a 5
Score: 50

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »

...And this sucks. I rolled a high number of dice to ensure a good roll, but it seems luck thought otherwise.

Can you reroll yourself?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 14, 2014, 11:33:15 pm »

Can you reroll yourself?
No.
I asked Jimmmmm N0, so yeah I can't.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:00 pm »

Ugh!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:05 pm »

Can you reroll yourself?
No.

Hmm if arch can't get a ten or 12 we might need your reroll to try and boost someone. I think other then you I was the lowest roller? But we should wait and see to see if it's even needed

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 14, 2014, 11:38:12 pm »

actually ichi. just wondering did you roll any high even numbers?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 14, 2014, 11:41:28 pm »

actually ichi. just wondering did you roll any high even numbers?
Yeah. I did. But of course I had to play a dice immediately.

I'm not exactly sure how my reroll will work with the odd-even patterning though. It'll definitely help if Arch can't roll high enough though. I'm thinking the person I reroll will roll again as if they had never rolled (though the pattern will be unchanged) and then hopefully they'll get a high enough number that works.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 14, 2014, 11:41:52 pm »

Can you reroll yourself?
No.

Hmm if arch can't get a ten or 12 we might need your reroll to try and boost someone. I think other then you I was the lowest roller? But we should wait and see to see if it's even needed

I rolled 4 dice and got 8. I have a feeling that Hydrad can only go up to 7, so I wouldn't reroll him. So, depending on what Arch gets, I am fine being rerolled if everyone else is as well.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:26 pm »

I wonder if pps used his ability on you. I know it could be just bad luck. But still
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 20 queries.