Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547880 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2000 on: July 14, 2014, 03:23:34 pm »

I am game to lynch chairs. His manipulation of my rolls is beyond scummy. The only niggle is he didn't have to admit to it or could have made up any other set of numbers but he directly posted damning information. Why would scum do that? Admitting he targeted me was a scum slip but the specifics of what he manipulated are like scum seppuku.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 14, 2014, 03:28:18 pm »

I am game to lynch chairs. His manipulation of my rolls is beyond scummy. The only niggle is he didn't have to admit to it or could have made up any other set of numbers but he directly posted damning information. Why would scum do that? Admitting he targeted me was a scum slip but the specifics of what he manipulated are like scum seppuku.

He couldn't afford to make up numbers with the roll he claimed, because he couldn't have known what your other rolls were.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Night 2)
« Reply #2002 on: July 14, 2014, 03:34:16 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

chairs (2): liopoil, Archetype
ashersky (3): pingpongsam, faust, Beyond Awesome
faust (1): ashersky

not voting (4): chairs, Witherweaver, Ichimaru Gin, Hydrad

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Evening begins on July 19 at 3am forum time.
Day 1 ends on July 21 at 3am forum time.

Target: 60
Score: 37

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 14, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »

Faust can you clarify exactly how the dice stealing ability works? Thanks

1d6 is rolled and that amount of dice gets stolen.

Yes I guessed right!

Anyways chairs has pretty much reached max scum level for me. The only thing holding me slightly back is some of his moves feel so scummy I don't think scum would be that bold. But still I can't see a town playing like him

Vote: chairs
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 14, 2014, 03:42:58 pm »

Also remember even if someone admits to being scum don't lynch them until we kill the monster
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 14, 2014, 03:56:02 pm »

Faust's "thief" ability is not confirmed. 

I need to find something out...

Did anyone's supply change by an amount of 1,3 or 4 tonight?

My supply changed by one of those numbers tonight.

Also Faust I don't think my ability will be as useful as it seems you think it will be.

Also Faust I don't think my ability will be as useful as it seems you think it will be.

You were attacked last night. I sent you 7 dice.

Ok I gained 5 dice tonight. So I ended up losing 2

Faust can you clarify exactly how the dice stealing ability works? Thanks

1d6 is rolled and that amount of dice gets stolen.

So, notably, 5 is not one of 1, 3, or 4.  Hydrad here is lying.   Which is interesting, though not what I was initially looking for when I went to post these.

The other point is, we have no guarantee that two people had dice stolen/destroyed last night.  All I know is I lost 4 dice, perfectly consistent with PPS's claim of 6 and BA's claim of 4.  We only conclude Hydrad lost dice because Faust claimed to give him 7 and Hydrad claimed to only receive 5 (or 1, or 3, or 4.. but he actually said 5).

Also, Faust was also pushing for e to share more of his role yesterday, perhaps because he was planning to make this claim?  It's too bad e didn't share exactly how many dice were stolen and that Yuma didn't say how many he got during Night 1.  The jump from 2 to 4 is believable, but I'm still suspicious.  It's more likely that my loss of 4 is due to the "die destroyer" role that's been around since Day 1 than the inherited thief role.

I'm not sold on Faust, but getting suspicious of this.  But, 5 \notin {1,3,4}, so Vote: Hydrad.  Also the last post indicates that Hydrad is thinking about ending the day with the monster alive.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:15 pm »

Had a good think overnight...what if town was randomly assigned the Thief role and scum was randomly assign the universal backup?  As Faust loves to quote, roles are independent of alignment.

Quite possible he's not lying about his role while hiding his alignment in plain sight.  A classic purloined letter.

As for my role, I DID answer PPS's question.  It is in ADDITION to my assigned role.  The mechanic is clearly in place to keep the mentalist in the game.

Jimmmmm refused to clarify what happens to the mentalist if I 1) am lynched, or 2) refuse to send him to someone.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 14, 2014, 04:58:57 pm »

So, like, what's your original role?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »

Boarding a flight, more later.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 14, 2014, 05:13:36 pm »

So, I have somewhat of a plan. It is not much of a plan, but it is something I thought of.

Step 1) Kill the monster.

Step 2) Lynch chairs

Step 3) After everyone claims, we coordinate using our abilities to create as many ICs as possible. So, for instance, I would investigate a player that someone else targeted with a dice manipulation ability and then give my result. If it is possible for other players to do stuff like this, then we coordinate accordingly. The hop of our coordination is that we have a process of elimination. We know chairs is a die manipulator. That means the other scum is a die thief/destroyer. I am assuming chairs is scum here. So, on D4, we find out the results of everything and we start doing a process of elimination.

Assuming that chairs is scum, we have two ICs now, Ichi and Faust. So, hopefully, on D4, we get more ICs. Lio and Hydrad have still yet to claim, correct?

Now, I know that my plan is not perfect. I could get NK'd. The player I am investigating could get NK'd. So, hopefully, other players have abilities that allow us to coordinate as much as possible.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: July 14, 2014, 05:16:53 pm »

Neither Ichi nor Faust are ICs.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 14, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »

Had a good think overnight...what if town was randomly assigned the Thief role and scum was randomly assign the universal backup?  As Faust loves to quote, roles are independent of alignment.

Quite possible he's not lying about his role while hiding his alignment in plain sight.  A classic purloined letter.

As for my role, I DID answer PPS's question.  It is in ADDITION to my assigned role.  The mechanic is clearly in place to keep the mentalist in the game.

Jimmmmm refused to clarify what happens to the mentalist if I 1) am lynched, or 2) refuse to send him to someone.

I don't think that scum has Universal Backup because chairs is pretty much going to flip scum, and he is not the die thief, as far as we know. So, you tunneling faust means 1 of 2 things, either you are scum, or you are a town player not really thinking things through because what you are saying makes very little sense. The only way what you says makes any sense if for some weird reason chairs either flips town or chairs ends up being the die thief which I find both possibilities highly improbable based on everything we know. So, in other words, you are coming across as super scummy to me Ash and your next on my lynch list right after chairs.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 14, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »

If chairs flips scum with the role he says he has then, yes, both Ichi and Faust will be ICs. But, I guess at this point you are correct. But, I fully expect chairs to flip scum at this point.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 14, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »

If chairs flips scum with the role he says he has then, yes, both Ichi and Faust will be ICs. But, I guess at this point you are correct. But, I fully expect chairs to flip scum at this point.

False.  Ichi would be, yes, because he has verified his role*, and if Chairs is scum and doesn't have the dice-destroying roll, then we can be confident Ichi does not have it either.

Faust would not be; his inherited thief ability has not been verified.

*Unless Hydrad has some ability to play two dice a turn and Hydrad and Ichi are scum and coordinated this, but I seriously doubt that.  Plus, it requires both Hydrad and Ichi being scum, which can't happen if Chairs is.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 14, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »

I'm just going to throw this out there, that despite my assumption that I will be lynched today, I would really like you to start thinking about what my Town flip will indicate.  It won't create ICs, it'll just prevent me from misusing my role (which, fair enough, I'm obviously not understanding how to use it effectively anyway).

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:12 pm »

apologies if I missed where you answered that question. I find it odd that it constituted the whole of XPs role (granted, he was the advisor who could be discovered for a price but that did not extend his role, exactly) but upon inheritance it extends your role beyond your base capabilities.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 14, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »

Ah WW if you look after my post where I said I gained one of those numbers I'm pretty sure I almost immediately tried to correct myself. I'm on mobile right now but will be at a computer soon to clear this up. I can also claim when I get home since I'm one of the last ones to claim

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 14, 2014, 05:55:32 pm »

Just reread chairs trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy gets progressively scummier and sacrificially so today. There is no town accounting for his actions taken today (and last night).

Vote: chairs

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 14, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

I see scum could theorectically hammer chairs and end the day with the Witch alive so Unvote until we have a dead witch.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 14, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

pingpongsam plays a 9
Score: 37

Should I roll next? I think you were last to roll PPS, so I need an even number.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 14, 2014, 06:01:48 pm »

You know, I also went back and reread D3. Wow! There is a lot of stuff going on. Anyway, WW makes a good point about Hydrad saying 5 when in fact Faust says 1, 3, 4, nothing or a negative value. I am not sure what to make of that whole exchange. But, it is giving me some pause. Man, things are getting a bit confusing.

Either way, I still stand with lynching chairs today.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 14, 2014, 06:03:10 pm »

okay, this:

You were attacked last night. I sent you 7 dice.

Ok I actually did count wrong but ya I did lose a few if you sent me 7

I have no idea how you could possibly count incorrectly, but let's set that aside.

Unvote

Back to the original point, then, Faust had the ability to send dice, he's the only one that knew how many dice he sent, so he's the only one that knows whether or not you actually had dice taken from you. 

The dice destroyer's previous results were (allegedly) 6 and 4, but your claim is only 2. Though Faust reported 7 when you reported 1,3, or 4, making the dice taken from you 6,4, or 3.  So your dice would match up with the destroyer.  Afterwards, he claims to have stolen from me. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 14, 2014, 06:04:11 pm »

Chairs, can you explain your number choices?

"If you mislynch me what will that tell you?" is a weak defense.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »

Chairs, can you explain your number choices?

"If you mislynch me what will that tell you?" is a weak defense.

It isn't just about him choosing those numbers. He also sends the dice vendor to PPS when PPS had no dice left as well.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:55 pm »

I targeted WW tonight, because he was my top scum read.

How do you now read WW?

I still think he's scummy. He claimed a role that is almost purely negative utility, even more so now that scum knows what it is, and that can't be confirmed by anyone because he claims to have never used it. I don't think roles in this game are designed as to be negative utility for town. For example, the Town Thief also seems to have very limited utility, but it does other things that are good for town.

This is a good point, too.  Chairs?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.354 seconds with 20 queries.