Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546360 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1600 on: July 07, 2014, 03:03:03 pm »

One thing I will say is I have absolutely no clue on what liopol is. I've reread almost all of his posts and a post might seem slightly scummy and the next feels slightly town. I would put him as less then even null, I don't know how to explain it but I just have absolutely no clue where to put him. For me it almost feels like hes more out of the game then chairs as whenever I try to think who is scum and town I just pretend hes not in this game.

I'm really curious why asher finds him so certainly scummy.

With asher in mind I think hes town but his plays seem so random. It feels like hes just got super random reads that no one else sees which I feel like makes him slightly scummy. And then he out of no where lynches Volt with no warning.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 07, 2014, 03:14:50 pm »

One thing I will say is I have absolutely no clue on what liopol is. I've reread almost all of his posts and a post might seem slightly scummy and the next feels slightly town. I would put him as less then even null, I don't know how to explain it but I just have absolutely no clue where to put him. For me it almost feels like hes more out of the game then chairs as whenever I try to think who is scum and town I just pretend hes not in this game.

I'm really curious why asher finds him so certainly scummy.

With asher in mind I think hes town but his plays seem so random. It feels like hes just got super random reads that no one else sees which I feel like makes him slightly scummy. And then he out of no where lynches Volt with no warning.

For me, personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find that ashersky's betting on "hedging null liopoil" being "carefully hedging null scum!liopoil".

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 07, 2014, 03:43:52 pm »

Overall, I agree with what faust said earlier on that we should lynch someone off the volt wagon. I don't think WW is a good lynch candidte. He has seemed very town to me this game. I feel like we can verify e on D3. With lio, I have been feeling like he is town, but the more I think about it, the more I can see him potentially being scum. There was a decent amount of interaction between him and Volt. Plus, Volt seemed to be trying to push lio around and getting people to vote for him (but, that doesn't make lio more town-like?), but then lio is off wagon when Volt is lynched. Considering how much Volt was pushing lio, it does seem strange that lio doesn't vote for volt. Ehh, I am still on the fence about his case. I still want to see chairs lynched.

But, here is the order in which I would consider lynching people off the volt wagon.

1. Chairs for reasons I have stated multiple times
2. Lio for reasons given above

3. e, we can likely verify if he is town or scum D3.

4. WW-I get a strong town vibe from him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 07, 2014, 03:49:18 pm »

I feel like I'm being anti-OMGUS-ed.  Like OMGUA, or OMGUR, or something.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 07, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »

I feel like I'm being anti-OMGUS-ed.  Like OMGUA, or OMGUR, or something.

Ah, I see that you aren't falling for my reverse psychology trick.  :P But, honestly, I do think you're town. So, if you are scum congrats on fooling me.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: July 07, 2014, 04:05:54 pm »

Here's a problem with verifying e's role:

Assume e is town and there is a scum role that works similar to his. What will the scum do? He wants e mislynched, so there shouldn't be two people losing dice. So either he does not target or he targets e, who will look scummy claiming he has been targeted himself.

If e is scum and the only role that steals dice, he will do exactly this: claim he has been targeted himself.

So in the end, no matter e's alignment, the outcome is the same. We will gain no new information on e's alignment.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 07, 2014, 04:12:19 pm »

Assume e is town and there is a scum role that works similar to his. What will the scum do? He wants e mislynched, so there shouldn't be two people losing dice. So either he does not target or he targets e, who will look scummy claiming he has been targeted himself.

If e is scum and the only role that steals dice, he will do exactly this: claim he has been targeted himself.

So in the end, no matter e's alignment, the outcome is the same. We will gain no new information on e's alignment.

Correct but lynching him would make much clear for there has been quite a bit of interaction surrounding that one. Also, I would note that those I view as towniest have basically created a wagon on him that refuses to gain any more traction which always suggests the wagon is on scum to me.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 07, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »

Correct but lynching him would make much clear for there has been quite a bit of interaction surrounding that one. Also, I would note that those I view as towniest have basically created a wagon on him that refuses to gain any more traction which always suggests the wagon is on scum to me.

I agree with this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 07, 2014, 04:21:33 pm »

I agree with this.
Same. Let's lynch e now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 07, 2014, 04:22:24 pm »

I am okay with this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 07, 2014, 04:23:36 pm »

I don't actually remember who I'm voting for, but I was voting for e at one point.  Vote: e

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 07, 2014, 04:34:07 pm »

I think that's L-1.

I am willing to hammer, but I do have a feeling he will turn up town though. That's my biggest concern.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 07, 2014, 04:34:50 pm »

Great, let's lynch e and then lynch BA after.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:15 pm »

Could we get a vote count?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:21 pm »

Or the other way around?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:59 pm »

Great, let's lynch e and then lynch BA after.

Fair enough.

Vote: e

I think that's hammer.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

I don't actually think it is.. Faust was already voting for e when he voted earlier today. 

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »

I think that's L-1.

I am willing to hammer, but I do have a feeling he will turn up town though. That's my biggest concern.

Common scum hedge.

vote: e I'll hammer, this sounds like a good choice.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 07, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

Okay, if he wasn't hammered before. He now is for sure.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 07, 2014, 04:40:45 pm »

well that happened kinda fast. Is this how these games normally go? No one can decide on anything and then in a couple hours we suddenly lynch someone?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 07, 2014, 04:41:22 pm »

well that happened kinda fast. Is this how these games normally go? No one can decide on anything and then in a couple hours we suddenly lynch someone?
Mm. Most games I've been in go really close to deadline when people eventualy decide. There's normally not quickhammers like this.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 07, 2014, 04:42:12 pm »

Also. I think there's probably a good chance of me dying over the night. Don't know if I have time for a new reads post but I guess just take a look at my earlier reads.

If e flips scum though, pretty sure we got this.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 07, 2014, 04:42:53 pm »

One thing i'm slightly worried about is Jimmm extended the day since he couldn't find a replacment for mail. and now we just ended it

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:33 pm »

One thing i'm slightly worried about is Jimmm extended the day since he couldn't find a replacment for mail. and now we just ended it

Why does that worry you?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:56 pm »

Also. I think there's probably a good chance of me dying over the night. Don't know if I have time for a new reads post but I guess just take a look at my earlier reads.

If e flips scum though, pretty sure we got this.

Why would you be the one to die? I think if anything I am the one who is going to bite the bullet.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.