Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548217 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1575 on: July 07, 2014, 09:25:44 am »

Why is everyone acting so scummy? You can't all be scum!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 07, 2014, 09:29:11 am »

He is also one of the 3 out of 4 players that are on my wagon, but were not on Volt's. It's not much, but it is something.

That's motivation for you, I see, but the rest of us can't assume you're town.

Aren't you suspicious of the company you're in though?

My point was, if he's town, someone voting for him makes that person more suspicious to him, but to us it will not.

My company would be being off the Volt wagon?  I'm suspicious of Yuma/e.  I had a reason for thinking Lio was town in my reread.. something with how he had interacted with Volt.. Chairs I don't see anything that makes me think he's scum, other than him being off the Volt wagon itself.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 07, 2014, 09:37:50 am »

On post 1426, e comes to my defense after I claim and states that he sees how my role has the potential to be like a cop.

1426 is nowhere near as strong as you state it to be.

Since the standard is 12, I think he may actually have a bit of a function as a cop, but not enough to where if he came back with a different result I would rush to vote that player.  It is entirely possible that a town member only rolls a 10 sided dice or something and scum can roll a 14 sided dice.  We just don't know.

As far as if this claim is actually a fake claim or a real claim.  I am not sure.  One point that I would make is that he is extremely overestimating his power in saying that he is "the closest thing that we have to a cop."  But I don't know if that is scum trying to say "I am powerful so don't lynch me" or just town who overestimates the power of his role

Maybe I was a little unclear in this post.  I do say that you "may have a bit of a function as a cop."  Cop is probably not the right word there.  Because my next sentence says that we would have no real way to verify if your result was on a town or scum.  Then I say how you are vastly overestimating your own power in thinking that you can catch scum because you think (unverifiably so) that scum will roll a different range of dice than town.  Now PPS has stated that his role changes the range of dice that a player can roll.  So it even more invalidates that your role has a function as a cop.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 07, 2014, 09:39:46 am »

I think everyone is acting quite townie actually.  I am not getting super strong reads anywhere
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 07, 2014, 09:40:15 am »

I think everyone is acting quite townie actually.  I am not getting super strong reads anywhere

except I am getting some strong town reads.  Like I think Ichi is town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:32 am »

Well, it's hard to get strong scum reads as scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 07, 2014, 09:44:05 am »

Well, it's hard to get strong scum reads as scum.

I would think it is easier to have strong reads as scum, since you know all the information already.  It is town who are uncertain.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 07, 2014, 09:52:21 am »

If I weren't already, vote: e for talking in platitudes.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 07, 2014, 10:18:48 am »

One thing I'm seeing as it looks like BA is also newish is that both of us feel like chairs playstyle is super scummy. But everyone who has played with chairs for a while seems to think its normal chairs and doesn't see it very scummy at all.

Considering this I'm taking chairs off of my top scum list and putting him more at null.

I'm going to reread a bit to try to find out who I should vote for.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 07, 2014, 10:52:28 am »

I'm back from v/la, though I won't really have time to read the 20ish pages y'all posted this weekend until I get home tonight.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 07, 2014, 11:06:09 am »

Is it better to catch scum in the lie? Or is it better to Vote: Yuma right now for lying?

This really sounds like you're pretty certain he's lying, but you kind of evaded the question when you were asked how you knew.  Is there something you know that we don't?

How did you think he could be caught?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 07, 2014, 11:21:37 am »

I'm going to go with Vote: e

after re reading yuma was kinda defending Volt with posts like #644

I don't have the strongest scum read on him but I'm having a really hard time finding a strong scum read like I did on Volt.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #1587 on: July 07, 2014, 11:32:00 am »

Better than spending time on IG right now would be spending time on Box, lio, or BA.

Worth bringing up again.  Box was town, I think Lio is town, and this incriminates BA.  (Everyone loves to throw in a scumpartner with their mislynch candidates.)

Lots of things keep pointing to BA for me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 07, 2014, 11:34:40 am »

Better than spending time on IG right now would be spending time on Box, lio, or BA.

Worth bringing up again.  Box was town, I think Lio is town, and this incriminates BA.  (Everyone loves to throw in a scumpartner with their mislynch candidates.)

Lots of things keep pointing to BA for me.

Ah good point. I'm still up for lynching BA as well as e now as these are my top 2 people I think are scum

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 07, 2014, 11:35:00 am »

Oh, right, faust was re-rolled today.

Re-reading lio, he started off with lots of theory talk, pushed XP, then back to rolling theory talk. I actually feel really good about this.

Right, this was the one that made me think Lio isn't Volt's partner.  Just reads a lot more like scum trying to start a case on someone and seeing if it can gain traction rather than scum bussing his partner when the field is wide open.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:11 am »

tl;dr...

Won't lynch hydra, mail-mi, faust/xerxes (pending confirmation that something happened between the two of them)

nullish: ichi, voltaire

willing to lynch: ash, box

probably won't to lynch: pps, liopoil or chairs.

One thing I just noticed was that yuma forgot to mention BA here. I don't know if that means anything.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:04 am »

I don't think it does. Yuma/e certainly didn't do it on purpose, so I guess it points to him having forgotten about BA, which would be easier if BA were town.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 07, 2014, 01:07:22 pm »

What about all the other people? Why did you choose exactly these players for your reread?

I choose these players because three of them were off the volt wagon but also on my wagon. And, Ash's hammer plus some of his other behavior seemed scummy to me. I did not want to reread everyone because with so many players that seemed like too much work for D2 since I think there is a strong chance at least one person off the volt wagon is likely scum.

Anyway, sorry for summarizing things. My plan was to put that out there now and then come back the next day and comment on everything I put on my reading. It was already 2AM by the time I finished compiling everything.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: July 07, 2014, 01:51:55 pm »

Okay, so here is my commentary based on my reread that I posted before going to bed last night.

For chairs, he seems scummy for lurking. I think we can all agree on that. I feel like he has tried to push for a couple of mislynches, and his comment about how he doesn't get the wagon on Volt seems very scummy to me.

For Ash, his D1 behavior is scummy. First, he opens with the 9 which is a scum move considering he played the game before. This causes a few players to play their dice without thinking. Then, we have PPS who has his dice stolen and right off the bat Ash suggests that this is likely a scum ploy and that PPS is making the story up. I find that scummy of Ash to say because that sounds like setting PPS to be a mislynch to me.

Then, there is this whole thing where Ash decides that lio is scum and having reread the exchange, I don't get it. Ash claims volt is partner coaching lio, but it seems that lio thinks volt is scum and volt seems to be pushing for a lio lynch (this gives me towncred for lio) but for Ash I think this makes him seem scummy and actually seems like Ash is Volt's partner in this case. Again, I feel like Ash is trying to set up another mislynch.

Then, on D2 after my dice stolen Ash comes out and votes for me again just like he did PPS. Either he is convinced that scum would steal their own dice or he is working with the mafia thief to use the dice stealing power to frame town players.

However, I do think Ash comes across as towny as he explains later on that he voted for me to see who would join my wagon and that he never expected me to be scum. And, then he also claims to have quick hammered volt because he was expecting scum to play up the thing about him quickhammering. So, I can see where Ash is coming from here, and it is a very interesting strategy.

But, then, Ash becomes scummy again by stating that as scum he usually pushes for the mislynch (it seems he likes to do this as town as well), and then he claims to find Mail-Mi scummy because now on D2, he did roll but after getting attacked and that as scum mail-mi likely knew what was going to happen. I mean sure Mail-Mi might be scum, but I don't know. I guess Ash's reaction is nullish at best.

Then, I find the whole scum slip argument about beastmaster silly. I think it is just a word that Hydrad made up. So, either Ash is trying to force the mislynch here or again, he is looking to see who will join Hydrads wagon to get a better idea of who scum is. I don't really buy the whole scum slip argument though and find Ash's reasoning scummish.

So, based on that, I would say either Ash is a scum player pushing for mislynches or a town player putting bold ideas out there to see if scum bites. I'm not really sure what his meta here is though, but it is somewhat scummy.

Now, with e/yuma, him wanting to mass claim seems a bit scummish because not only does he want us to reveal our roles but also how many dice we have and what values we have stored. Considering that we do later find out he is thief, that does seem like a scummy thing to do. On D2, he claims to have targeted Box. We know that Box was stolen from. However, Box is dead so we can't verify Box was targeted again.

When e takes over, he claims that he is going to roll and store some dice. I find this move towny since we know that e has more dice than other town players. Then, e does not want to steal from PPS to confirm that PPS has no dice left. I know faust finds this scummy, but for me, this is null. But, then, there is the post where e tries to get more info on faust's role and that seems a bit scummy to me

However, for the most part e/yuma has come across as townie in other posts. We can confirm on D3 if there are two dice stealers. If only one person is stolen from, we lynch the hell out of e D3, but I don't see the point on D2. I mean, e might claim to steal from the player who gets NK'd, but if that is the case, we lynch e even if he is telling the truth because having stolen from the player who gets NK'd two days in a row just sounds very convenient.

So, with e, I want to wait until D3 and see what happens with other people's dice getting stolen.

Then, there is lio. I find volt opening with a vote against lio interesting. Then, we have Volt's post where he says town should be spending time on Box, lio, or BA. That post makes me think Volt was wanting to set lio up to be a mislynch. Then, we have lio saying he finds Ichi scummier in terms of low rollers between Ichi and Volt. Mind you, this was when Ichi was taking a lot of heat and Volt not so mucn. Then, volt says he likes Ichi and lio as lynch candidates. Honestly, if lio was volt's partner, volt really went out of his way to distance himself from lio as much as possible.

Then, we have the post where lio says he feels like Volt is trying to get a mislynch against him and then Ash comes out and says lios post is way too calm and collected. After this, more players come out and vote lio and lio voices his frustration that people are just voting for him without offering any reasoning whatsover. Honestly, at this point, it really does seem like Volt was trying to set up a mislynch for lio, and I am seeing lio as being townier and townier. Lio also claims he is against a mass claim so more town points for him there.

Then, most of his D2 actions I have found either townie or null. But, I really have not seen anything scummy at all with lio. The only way that I can see lio to be scum is if volt and him agreed before the day started to pretend to be enemies to each other and push for each others lynches so that if one of them were to go, it would seem the other one was likely to be town. Now, I mean, that is entirely possible. That seems like some crazy scum meta going on there, but I don't really buy it, so I think lio is town.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: July 07, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »

Even though we have very little on chairs, I think he is the most likely to come up as scum if we lynch him.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: July 07, 2014, 02:19:27 pm »

Is it better to catch scum in the lie? Or is it better to Vote: Yuma right now for lying?

This really sounds like you're pretty certain he's lying, but you kind of evaded the question when you were asked how you knew.  Is there something you know that we don't?

Scum gets caught when their fakeclaim is disproven through PoE. That sounds like a harrowing process as opposed to jumping right to the jugular. His claim absolutely smacks of getting in an early claim for cred and WIFOM in case of a counter claim. His claim appears to be assembled from the already available information. Real claims tend to not be so thoroughly supported by already available information.

I've learned the old method of playing town by being completely forthright about who I think is scum is how scum win games through manipulating the information about where I am truly headed. Right now, nobody knows who I really suspect. My methods are not linear. A vote for a person is not, by necessity a realistic attempt for their lynch. ergo, my ability to take Voltaire to L-1 with near certainty he would flip scum appears to have come out of thin air.

My vote on e has it's reasons but they need not be public knowledge in order for them to be most effective.

If you think me scummy for that answer then you know where to place your vote.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: July 07, 2014, 02:20:35 pm »

And now I have an improper use of it's I cannot edit out of perpetuity.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: July 07, 2014, 02:25:19 pm »

Forgive me but the mafia lingo thread doesn't have many of the terms that you guys are using. What is PoE?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: July 07, 2014, 02:27:50 pm »

Process of Elimination

in this context it means flipping lynches and NKs till we discover which roles really do and do not exist.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: July 07, 2014, 02:29:48 pm »

Scum gets caught when their fakeclaim is disproven through PoE. That sounds like a harrowing process as opposed to jumping right to the jugular. His claim absolutely smacks of getting in an early claim for cred and WIFOM in case of a counter claim. His claim appears to be assembled from the already available information. Real claims tend to not be so thoroughly supported by already available information.

I've learned the old method of playing town by being completely forthright about who I think is scum is how scum win games through manipulating the information about where I am truly headed. Right now, nobody knows who I really suspect. My methods are not linear. A vote for a person is not, by necessity a realistic attempt for their lynch. ergo, my ability to take Voltaire to L-1 with near certainty he would flip scum appears to have come out of thin air.

My vote on e has it's reasons but they need not be public knowledge in order for them to be most effective.

If you think me scummy for that answer then you know where to place your vote.

Okay Mr. Holmes.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.404 seconds with 20 queries.