Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548489 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1475 on: July 06, 2014, 12:50:18 pm »

claim VT

That would be suicide in a RMM game
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 06, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »

The case on yuma/e

1. The claim

PPS claims having dice "stolen" early on. yuma does not respond to this at all. I think that a town Thief would like, have some kind of reaction to the fact that someone else claims to be targeted with his power. But no, there's nothing. In the same way, he does not show any surprise at all when BA claims that his supply was attacked. He only claims after I tell him to.

Really: If I was a town Thief and a player claims to be attacked by my power, my reactions would be:
1) Wow, so scum seems to have a Redirector!
2) PPS is probably lying.

This seems information worth sharing, especially seeing that yuma was already an advocate of mass-claiming. I would definitely not just keep this to myself, also because Thief is kind of crappy as a town power and thus it doesn't matter much if outed.

One last thing: town!yuma would know he's a really good scum night kill target. It seems that if you know you're likely to be nightkilled, you wouldn't want to accumulate lots of dice that you steal from other players who are probably town as well.

The reactions to PPS saying that his dice were stolen necessitate a claim.  And that is exactly what yuma wanted to do:
I actually think a huge mass claim in terms of powers/dice/rolls/stored dice/etc could be largely beneficial to us. It would give mafia info yes. But it would allow us to best coordinate how to defeat monsters, allow us to force mafia to be more or less truthful about their dice and what they are doing with them (maybe catch them in a lie in regard to what they are doing...) and coordinate powers better that we have as town. Yes downside is mafia would know what we are doing, be better able to determine kills and the like on powerful roles as is the usual with mass claiming... But I think it is very likely worth it.

and again:
still think claiming has potential to help us, but I'll concede to the majority and let it wait for a day or two... not sure why suggesting claiming is scummy

Also, both of the responses you list are absolutely ridiculous.  For example, #1 is false since both Box and PPS claimed to have been stolen from.  I am pretty sure a redirector does not work like that.  So the evidence points to 2 dice stealing/destroying (we still don't know 100% there are two thieves) people.  And then claiming that someone is lying about having dice stolen?  Doesn't really make sense.  So no, those things are not "information worth sharing."  At least not information worth giving up your PR prematurely.

yuma posted before Box claimed, so he didn't know yet that Box's dice were stolen. And why doesn't claiming that someone is lying make sense? Scum lies.

I tend to agree with this.  Yuma should be been suspicious of PPS, or at least dropped some hints.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 06, 2014, 12:52:05 pm »

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 06, 2014, 12:53:07 pm »

And I do like the idea of a mass claim.  I can probably be persuaded to wait until tomorrow, but I think that yuma is completely right here:

I actually think a huge mass claim in terms of powers/dice/rolls/stored dice/etc could be largely beneficial to us. It would give mafia info yes. But it would allow us to best coordinate how to defeat monsters, allow us to force mafia to be more or less truthful about their dice and what they are doing with them (maybe catch them in a lie in regard to what they are doing...) and coordinate powers better that we have as town. Yes downside is mafia would know what we are doing, be better able to determine kills and the like on powerful roles as is the usual with mass claiming... But I think it is very likely worth it.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 06, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »

Claiming the amount of dice we have left is stupid. That means scum will know who to target with the dice stealing ability. With me, it practically does not matter since I have almost no dice left, but a thief would want players to claim how many dice they have left and what values they have stored.

Thank you for sharing that post Yuma made. It only makes you/yuma look scummier.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 06, 2014, 12:58:09 pm »

I thought we decided that wasn't happening. I for one do not want to claim.

BA, No dominion card? scummmmmyyyyyyyy...... I will catch up on everything, check the vote count, then vote for him.

Wait, what?
I was under the impression that the role names of players was a dominion card.

Okay, Vote: Beyond Awesome. That was a scummy claim and he was scummy before it too. That is L-2

What about it was scummy?
It was unnecessary, his role seems not to be useful, and the way he said it seemed to be just trying to get towncred. I believe his claim, but I still think he is scum because roles were assigned independent of alignment.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 06, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »

BA, No dominion card? scummmmmyyyyyyyy...... I will catch up on everything, check the vote count, then vote for him.

Wait, what?

Okay, Vote: Beyond Awesome. That was a scummy claim and he was scummy before it too. That is L-2

It was unnecessary, his role seems not to be useful, and the way he said it seemed to be just trying to get towncred. I believe his claim, but I still think he is scum because roles were assigned independent of alignment.

Ichi's role is Priest.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 06, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »

I find it interesting the player who puts me at L-2 was off-wagon on Volt and also had the roll of an 8 and a 6 considering what my power is.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 06, 2014, 01:02:35 pm »

A scum player that can't roll up to 12 would want to see me dead.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 06, 2014, 01:05:21 pm »

I find it interesting the player who puts me at L-2 was off-wagon on Volt and also had the roll of an 8 and a 6 considering what my power is.

Wait, you're talking about Yuma/e?  I thought he played a higher roll Day 1.  And Day 2 wasn't about high rolls, it was about spanning the entire {1,...,12} space.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: July 06, 2014, 01:05:27 pm »

Wait, what?

Ichi's role is Priest.
right, I forgot about that. But everyone else is a dominion card so far

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 06, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »

Wait, you're talking about Yuma/e?  I thought he played a higher roll Day 1.  And Day 2 wasn't about high rolls, it was about spanning the entire {1,...,12} space.

No, that was lio. He put me at L-2. He rolled 8 D1 and 6 D2.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 06, 2014, 01:06:33 pm »

You've been spewing this nonsense for so long, now I'm going to respond to it. You realize that my 6 was the second best  thing I could have rolled? For all you know I rolled a 6 and a 12!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 06, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

You've been spewing this nonsense for so long, now I'm going to respond to it. You realize that my 6 was the second best  thing I could have rolled? For all you know I rolled a 6 and a 12!

That's a valid point. But, seeing how my role works, I am obviously going to pay attention to dice rolls.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 06, 2014, 01:08:59 pm »

liopoil is much townier than BA

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 06, 2014, 01:09:41 pm »

Lio said it, but on Day 2, 6 was basically what was needed.. almost all the higher rolls had been played already. 

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 06, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »

Lio said it, but on Day 2, 6 was basically what was needed.. almost all the higher rolls had been played already.

Yah. You're right. I still noted it though just in case.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 06, 2014, 01:17:40 pm »

Does anyone else find out odd that e quotes a post from yuma and agreeing with the post stating we should claim how many dice we have left and what values we have stored?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 06, 2014, 01:18:26 pm »

Vote Count 2.8

Beyond Awesome (4): chairs, 2.71828.....,  Hydrad, liopoil
chairs (2): mail-mi, Beyond Awesome
pingpongsam (1): , Witherweaver
2.71828..... (3): faust, pingpongsam, XerxesPraelor
faust (1):  Ichimaru Gin
Hydrad (1): ashersky

not voting (0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Evening begins on July 9 at 11pm forum time.
Day 1 ends on July 11 at 11pm forum time.

Target: 60
Score: 64

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 06, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

Yeah I am still down for Vote: yuma

His claim smacked of a lie off the bat. My role directly inserts an 8 sided die into a players supply and thus corresponds with BA's claim.

I am down with vote: yuma.  Not so sure about vote: e though.

Technically, this is a self-vote, so you need to vote yourself now (again).  However, I am not counting it as it seems to actually just be a correction of pps's vote and yuma is not actually in the game anymore.  Vote again if you intended something else!  (it would be better to avoid voting syntax altogether unless you actually mean to vote)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 06, 2014, 01:22:41 pm »

Hmm, interesting thing about the wagon is that 3 of the 4 people on it were off the Volt wagon, chairs, e, and lio.

I think there is a very good chance at least one scum can be found there.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 06, 2014, 01:23:14 pm »

I meant to say that the wagon on me has 3 out of 4 people that were not on the volt wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 06, 2014, 01:32:08 pm »

I meant to say that the wagon on me has 3 out of 4 people that were not on the volt wagon.

That is indeed interesting.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 06, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »

Hmm i didn't notice that. out of those 3 I would most likely vote for chairs but seeing as hes VLA I guess e is my next biggest scum guess
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 06, 2014, 02:01:26 pm »

Hmm i didn't notice that. out of those 3 I would most likely vote for chairs but seeing as hes VLA I guess e is my next biggest scum guess

I agree with you. Chairs is still my top choice to lynch, but e claiming to be an actual thief doesn't help him much.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.621 seconds with 20 queries.