Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547421 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1400 on: July 06, 2014, 03:15:32 am »

Unless someone can roll higher than 12, or no dice going above X, your power is useless.

Scum not having the ability to roll and play a 12 is pretty crappy for scum, and I don't know that Jimmmmm would do that without a pretty strong counter power.

Seems like your power is odd and made up.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 06, 2014, 03:17:16 am »

Unless someone can roll higher than 12, or no dice going above X, your power is useless.

Scum not having the ability to roll and play a 12 is pretty crappy for scum, and I don't know that Jimmmmm would do that without a pretty strong counter power.

Seems like your power is odd and made up.

It is definitely not made up.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 06, 2014, 03:18:09 am »

And, scum would probably want to push my mislynch as much as possible.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 06, 2014, 03:20:08 am »

Unless 1-6 is included in 1-12.

I'm guessing that would not be the case. Otherwise, why would I have this role in the first place?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 06, 2014, 03:21:39 am »

Yeah, that's not very convincing. Keeping my vote on BA. Also, note that he specifically mentioned that he doesn't learn how many dice someone has, even though his power as stated isn't that similar.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 06, 2014, 03:22:40 am »

Unless 1-6 is included in 1-12.

I'm guessing that would not be the case. Otherwise, why would I have this role in the first place?

Since it seems likely to be the case, you probably don't have the role in the first place.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 06, 2014, 03:23:48 am »

Do you guys really want to get rid of the closest thing we have to a cop this game?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 06, 2014, 03:27:51 am »

How do you know we don't have anything closer?

And it's quite a bit worse than a cop anyways, since we don't have confirmation of alignment in either case. If you had "copped" scum, it would be more believable, but right now it's not very plausible and not very useful even if it is true.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 06, 2014, 03:32:44 am »

How do you know we don't have anything closer?

And it's quite a bit worse than a cop anyways, since we don't have confirmation of alignment in either case. If you had "copped" scum, it would be more believable, but right now it's not very plausible and not very useful even if it is true.

Fair enough. But, I do believe my power to be useful, and who is to day I won't "cop" scum on D3?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 06, 2014, 03:41:36 am »

For what it is worth, there is probably a reasonable chance I get NK'd. If I survive, then I can give my result on D3.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: July 06, 2014, 03:45:53 am »

BA looking bad here.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 06, 2014, 03:46:55 am »

BA looking bad here.

The only people looking bad are those pushing my mislynch when I flip town.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 06, 2014, 03:48:00 am »

BA looking bad here.
I feel like town would be much more desperate and combative here. I felt he was townier early in the game, not so much at all now.

I don't know if you caught his "scumslip" earlier. But it was one of the more legitimate ones I've seen.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 06, 2014, 03:50:49 am »

BA looking bad here.
I feel like town would be much more desperate and combative here. I felt he was townier early in the game, not so much at all now.

I don't know if you caught his "scumslip" earlier. But it was one of the more legitimate ones I've seen.

I'm not desperate because I figure I am a dead man either way. Either I get NK'd or get mislynched. At least, the mislynch will give town some info.

Besides, I don't have much to be combative about. The case is that my ability is not easily verifiable and sounds weird. Then, we have all the reroll stuff from D1 and then my dice getting stolen D2. Bravo scum! You have done a great job here setting me up to be the mislynch today.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 06, 2014, 03:52:30 am »

BA looking bad here.

Which scumslip was that?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 06, 2014, 03:55:14 am »

BA looking bad here.

Which scumslip was that?
BA said "I will be goon most of tomorrow..."
Sure, it could have been a typo I guess. But it's not like those keys are even close together--so I feel like it may have been a slip.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 06, 2014, 03:58:19 am »

In case I do get mislynched, I do want to say a few things.

One, freaking lynch chairs.

Two, Ash seems pretty scummy.

Three, I am not sure what to make of Hydrads and liopoil's rolls. Is it possible that at least one scum can't roll up to 12?

Four, I think Faust is town, but he acts pretty scummy. Slight chance he is scum.

Five, slight chance mail-mi is scum even though he has that power. He is faded into the background which is what scum would want to do. You guys might want to consider lynching him,

Six, I think WW is town, but don't be 100% sure on that. After all, tradition states that WW is always scum.

Seven, I think PPS is town.

Eight, I think XP is town.

Oh, and I think Hydrad is town. I think scum is trying to also get him mislynched since this is his first game.

Oh, and pay attention to the rolls. Knowing what my role is, compare the roles of players from all three days.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 06, 2014, 03:59:18 am »

I meant to say compare the rolls of players from all three days.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 06, 2014, 04:00:56 am »

BA looking bad here.

Which scumslip was that?
BA said "I will be goon most of tomorrow..."
Sure, it could have been a typo I guess. But it's not like those keys are even close together--so I feel like it may have been a slip.

honestly I feel like that slip is as probable as my supposed scum slip. Why would he ever say goon there? like that just seems so unlickly that while typing gone he was thinking of himself as a goon and typed it?

I feel like its just a typo, I've done some horrible typos before much worse then that. The only thing I could think of is maybe goon is a code word for something? so that his partner knows what to do?

All in all i'm 95% sure thats just a typo.

PEE:2
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 06, 2014, 04:02:36 am »

Finally, I fully expect to get lynched. I am not trying to get out of being lynched. The above post of my thoughts/reads is not me trying to look town or save me from getting lynched. That's there for you guys when I am dead and can no longer contribute. Hopefully, it proves useful and you guys pay attention to what I said.

Oh, and the more I think about it, I do think it fishy mail-mi has faded to the background. I would say there is a decent chance he is scum. Maybe, a very good chance actually.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 06, 2014, 04:03:58 am »

Finally, I fully expect to get lynched. I am not trying to get out of being lynched. The above post of my thoughts/reads is not me trying to look town or save me from getting lynched. That's there for you guys when I am dead and can no longer contribute. Hopefully, it proves useful and you guys pay attention to what I said.

Oh, and the more I think about it, I do think it fishy mail-mi has faded to the background. I would say there is a decent chance he is scum. Maybe, a very good chance actually.

the mail-mi thing is I think a day or two ago he said he will be unavailable all week and I think he is trying to /out and find a sub

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 06, 2014, 04:06:12 am »

the mail-mi thing is I think a day or two ago he said he will be unavailable all week and I think he is trying to /out and find a sub

Oh yah, forgot about that good point. Then, disregard what I said about mail-mi. Small chance at being scum then. Chairs, Ash, and lio are my top three and in that order.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 06, 2014, 04:35:11 am »

Okay, I really wanted to wait on this, but seeing as how a mislynch is likely while I am gone seeing how Ash hammered D1, here is my role.

I can inspect players weapons i.e. their dice. I can't find out how many dice they have, but I can find out what values their dice roll.

On N0, I inspected e/yuma and got the result 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
On N1, I inspected Mail-Mi because he did not roll that day and got the result 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

Originally, I was thinking scum had dice that could not go up to 12 which is why earlier I brought up that Hydrad had 7 twice and liopoli had 8 and then 6.

However, Faust had the suggestion that the dice stealer might roll a six-sided die. I don't know if faust was just theorizing or has an ability that rolls a six-sided die or is the dice-stealer himself, but that makes me think my role can find at least one scum. My guess is that their is likely one town with another die power and one scum. I might be wrong though. But, I am sure my role is good for something. I am probably the closet thing we have to a cop in this game.

So here's the claim post.  A few points:

1.  No role name given.  That's a fake claim tell.
2.  "Probably the closest thing to a cop we have in this game."  That's absurd and is stretching his claim to try and save himself.  (Note, he later says he has no hope and knows he's the lynch.)
3.  He is claiming his role is "Target a player at night.  You will learn the possible values his dice may role."  Is that about right?  As mentioned, unless some players can roll higher than others, this tells you nothing.  Scum only rolling 6-sided die, for example.  That's pretty unverifiable at best.
4.  His faust thing...he thinks if a scum players has a 12-sided die AND a 6-sided die, he'd get two lines of answers?  That's...not how his explanation of his role works above.  Inconsistency within the claim.
5.  Unpressured claim that came when he felt he was under pressure.  That's a newbie scum tell, being more worried than he needs to be.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 06, 2014, 07:20:38 am »

Also. Out of curiosity faust, what did you expect people to fill in the blank with?

With the obvious. I wasn't aware that it is like a standard expression in English.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 06, 2014, 07:26:42 am »

Ha! We still might get our PPS investigation, even without e's cooperation!

So PPS has no dice left, correct? That would mean that BA should probably get "nothing" as a result, if I'm not mistaken.

BA, can you check back with Jimmmmm to find out what your power would do when you target a player that has no dice left?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.595 seconds with 20 queries.