Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546610 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1225 on: July 04, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »

My reason that I keep switching is I guess mainly because i'm new and am trusting others reads who I'm pretty sure are town rather then mine as I don't really know how anyone plays here so I'm kinda just following along. Part of this is if I just trusted me and didn't listen to anyone I would probably be on a huge asher tunnel right now as he just felt so scummy at first. But now that people have explained his playstyle i've tried to not put him on the top of my list and hes more null now.

The reason for chairs I guess is because I feel like hes trying to make people forget that hes playing the game so we don't vote for him which seems like something a scum could do.

Although I still have my highest scum read as BA but people generally seem to want to lynch off the wagon so i'm going to let him go for now. Although if he starts getting voted I would probably join in (sorry BA).

Finally for the WW vote on you. I personally don't actually think your that scummy but I didn't know what to do so I kinda just blindly followed fausts plan as I had no better idea at the time.

Finally for why I feel i'm innocent although i'm not that worried of getting lynched but I think your vote could be used in better places. I would say my biggest point is that I started the wagon on Volt when it didn't seem anyone was looking at him. If I was scum and my partner was completely fine I probably wouldn't vote like that. I guess I could of to establish interaction with him but I wouldn't have worded it as strongly to try to get others to notice him. I most likely would of kept trying to get gin lynched instead of trying to make people reconsider why they are lynching him.

But then again I guess if I am scum I have though of this already. Take this for what you will.

Trust yourself.  If you think someone is scummy, then go after them.  Don't let other people talk you down just because you are new.  If you aren't right, so be it.  Worst case scenario is that someone is mislynched (which is very likely to happen today).  But a fresh perspective on someone is always a good thing.  Sure Ash might have a certain meta, but if you find his play to be scummy, explain why you see it as scummy and vote!  And then stick to your guns until you get a good enough reason from him to remove that vote.  Now, I am definitely no expert in scum hunting.  For example, I was the losing hammer in Chocolate factory because I let myself be convinced to go after my #2 scum read instead of my #1 scum read. 

so my point:  don't let yourself get bullied.  play your game, not someone else's game.  follow your reads, not someone else's reads. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 04, 2014, 10:07:18 pm »

2.71828..... plays a 4
Score: 64

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 04, 2014, 10:24:34 pm »

e, I know you talked about playing before, but I don't know if I caught the explanation.. why not just save your rolls today?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 04, 2014, 10:28:51 pm »

Personally I like the lynch someone off the wagon strat and feel chairs is the most likely scum

Why is he the most likely?  I see a lot of these posts from you ("X seems most likely scum right now"), and it seems very arbitrary to me.

My reason that I keep switching is I guess mainly because i'm new and am trusting others reads who I'm pretty sure are town rather then mine as I don't really know how anyone plays here so I'm kinda just following along. Part of this is if I just trusted me and didn't listen to anyone I would probably be on a huge asher tunnel right now as he just felt so scummy at first. But now that people have explained his playstyle i've tried to not put him on the top of my list and hes more null now.

The reason for chairs I guess is because I feel like hes trying to make people forget that hes playing the game so we don't vote for him which seems like something a scum could do.

Although I still have my highest scum read as BA but people generally seem to want to lynch off the wagon so i'm going to let him go for now. Although if he starts getting voted I would probably join in (sorry BA).

Finally for the WW vote on you. I personally don't actually think your that scummy but I didn't know what to do so I kinda just blindly followed fausts plan as I had no better idea at the time.

Finally for why I feel i'm innocent although i'm not that worried of getting lynched but I think your vote could be used in better places. I would say my biggest point is that I started the wagon on Volt when it didn't seem anyone was looking at him. If I was scum and my partner was completely fine I probably wouldn't vote like that. I guess I could of to establish interaction with him but I wouldn't have worded it as strongly to try to get others to notice him. I most likely would of kept trying to get gin lynched instead of trying to make people reconsider why they are lynching him.

But then again I guess if I am scum I have though of this already. Take this for what you will.

For the WW vote on me?  You're talking to me here, right?

" I would say my biggest point is that I started the wagon on Volt when it didn't seem anyone was looking at him. If I was scum and my partner was completely fine I probably wouldn't vote like that. I guess I could of to establish interaction with him but I wouldn't have worded it as strongly to try to get others to notice him."

I wasn't so aware you did this.. but I would disagree with your talk of voting your partner there.. voting your partner when he has no votes is obviously much safer than voting him when he has a wagon on him already.  It's possible you had no idea the wagon would take off (went from L-3 to hammered real fast), so you may not have had time for a plausible backoff.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 04, 2014, 10:30:33 pm »

e, I know you talked about playing before, but I don't know if I caught the explanation.. why not just save your rolls today?

my best guess is since hes a thief he probably has a bunch of extra dice so he wanted to store some good dice? but ya i think it could be equally good if he had rolled tomorrow.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: July 04, 2014, 10:42:09 pm »

I should also point out that
Part of this is if I just trusted me and didn't listen to anyone I would probably be on a huge asher tunnel right now as he just felt so scummy at first. But now that people have explained his playstyle i've tried to not put him on the top of my list and hes more null now.

reminds me a lot of how I treated Ashersky my first scum game when I was his partner.  Kept on saying he seemed super scummy but moved my vote around to others too.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 04, 2014, 10:43:48 pm »

Part of this is if I just trusted me and didn't listen to anyone I would probably be on a huge asher tunnel right now as he just felt so scummy at first. But now that people have explained his playstyle i've tried to not put him on the top of my list and hes more null now.

reminds me a lot of how I treated Ashersky my first scum game when I was his partner.  Kept on saying he seemed super scummy but moved my vote around to others too.

but do you feel like asher is scum at all in this game?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 04, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »

If you flip scum I certainly will!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 04, 2014, 10:45:24 pm »

If you flip scum I certainly will!

fair point

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 04, 2014, 10:48:09 pm »

Although if you want me to claim I'm willing. I don't have a scum power like halving dice or controlling the monster. And I don't feel like its something that will make scum want to kill me. The biggest problem is I can't 100% prove it like others but I can get it to maybe 80-90% proof if you want.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 04, 2014, 11:38:34 pm »

my best guess is since hes a thief he probably has a bunch of extra dice so he wanted to store some good dice? but ya i think it could be equally good if he had rolled tomorrow.

yeah I wanted to store dice, and no it would not have been equally as good if I had just rolled tomorrow.  This way gives me an additional roll that I would not otherwise have had if I need it.  We don't yet know what monster we will face.  I stored a die that will hopefully prove useful against that monster.  If the die I stored is not useful, then I can always roll tomorrow.  And I don't have "a bunch of extra dice" (even though I will replenish my stock tonight a little) so I only rolled 2 dice, which is the minimum that I am able to roll and still store a die.

And I also want to be ready:
There may also be other uses for your stored dice.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 05, 2014, 12:01:33 am »

Oh interesting i never even noticed that quote by jimmm. I wonder if its only useful to some abilities or if we could all benifit from storing dice.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 05, 2014, 12:24:33 am »

Okay, I see

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 05, 2014, 01:06:45 am »

Ok. Super busy day with the 4th and all. I'll be back tomorrow.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:19 am »

Storing dice is good, especially large values. If you have >20. points of stored dice, you will be able to use them.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 05, 2014, 04:08:10 am »

Volt's very first post is to vote Hydrad in RVS:

Hello all! I highly doubt the stones don't matter simply based on the way they're written so far. I'll have to double check, but even with the "ignore the flavor" post there's just no way.

Not quite sure how the small changes from the first game will affect anything, if at all.

vote: Hydrad for never having played with me before.

makes scum Hydrad slightly more likely, I think, but I don't have a lot of conviction in that.  The idea would be that scum are likely to place a vote on their partner early to establish some interaction, but not when anything is in serious risk of happening.

Voltaire always votes for players he hasn't played with before, so that's a null tell, I'd say. But I appreciate that you take the time to reread Voltaire.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 05, 2014, 04:13:00 am »

Here's another question:

If I was talking about something called "The Grim ______", would you know what fills the gap? (Don't say what it is, just say "yes" or "no")

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 05, 2014, 04:14:46 am »

e: Do you agree to carry out my plan?

no

Explain yourself!

Can you explain again why it would be such a great idea?  You say it will establish PPS as an IC?  Well, I do not think so.  I mean, whatever report I come back with will need to be solidified at some point.  i.e. either PPS or myself need to flip scum/town.  Now, why would scum kill us before that point?  No, the best route would be to kill the first of us with a lynch.  You are already biased into thinking that I am scum, and that sets me up as an easy mislynch.  I get mislynched, and then scum can kill the now-IC PPS that night.  Or vice-versa.

Basically, unless you are willing to fully believe any report that I come back with, we might as well not do the plan.  And if you will already fully believe whatever report I come back with, then you are basically saying that you already think that I am town.

The fact that you don't even consider that you could catch PPS in a lie makes me much more confident in my vote.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 05, 2014, 04:15:24 am »

I call e's above quote a scumslip if there ever was one.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 05, 2014, 04:23:41 am »

Also, e, your above post is nonsensical. I am talking about using you as a 1-shot Cop, and you say "but Cops are useless"! Do you seriously think that a Cop is weaker than your dice-stealing power?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 05, 2014, 04:25:06 am »

You have to consider the context in which the player was on-wagon, not just say, "They're on wagon". For some people that means that they deserve little or no towncred for it.

faust: are you aware of all the things that could go terribly wrong with your plan?

Apparently not. What do you mean?
I mean that there are a lot of things that can go terribly wrong with your plan, as I and others have outlined I believe. Plus, e doesn't seem like he is going to do it (and I don't blame him for that either).

It would be helpful if you could name what could go wrong instead of repeating "something that has been said before".

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 05, 2014, 04:36:26 am »

Here's another question:

If I was talking about something called "The Grim ______", would you know what fills the gap? (Don't say what it is, just say "yes" or "no")

no

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 05, 2014, 04:37:16 am »

Here's another question:

no

unless I can guess as there is a word that seems to make sense there. but i'm assuming thats not what you mean

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 05, 2014, 04:42:52 am »

Here's another question:

If this wasn't in the context of a Mafia game, definitely yes, but I have no idea how it relates to this game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 05, 2014, 06:34:14 am »

This is getting ridiculous, by the way.

Either play the game, or game the setup.  Choose.  Go all in or leave it alone.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.