Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546303 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1200 on: July 04, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »

Wait actually is there only 4 people that were off the wagon?

chairs, e, WW, and liopoil?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 04, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »

You are correct. I did not notice was not voting. Well, then, that makes things easier. I would say voting off wagon then gives us an excellent chance at finding scum.

With that said chairs and lio are my top two choices. I was voting for lio early, but I really, really, really don't like chairs meta, so

Vote: Chairs

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 04, 2014, 12:52:47 pm »

I meant to say I did not notice Box was not voting.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 04, 2014, 01:45:00 pm »

Hey guys i think i'm going to have to /out because I'm going on a week long camping trip next week and I won't be able to post at all.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 04, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »

Hey guys i think i'm going to have to /out because I'm going on a week long camping trip next week and I won't be able to post at all.

:( sadness
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 04, 2014, 04:27:22 pm »

You are correct. I did not notice was not voting. Well, then, that makes things easier. I would say voting off wagon then gives us an excellent chance at finding scum.

With that said chairs and lio are my top two choices. I was voting for lio early, but I really, really, really don't like chairs meta, so

I missed the fact box was eliminated from the off wagon pool. This definitely improves my optimism for finding scum off wagon. I suppose I would have to entertain that scum considered this when they offed him so I feel more strongly that there is only one scum off wagon and less certain they were not all on wagon.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 04, 2014, 04:38:23 pm »

I still feel like there is a really low chance that 2 people were on the wagon. but it is weird that they would kill someone off the wagon to make us able to choose better

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:31 pm »

Checking in again, been busy today.. On/off isn't what matters, what matters is their interaction with voltaire, which can include their vote/not vote. Context!!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 04, 2014, 05:45:01 pm »

I missed the fact box was eliminated from the off wagon pool. This definitely improves my optimism for finding scum off wagon. I suppose I would have to entertain that scum considered this when they offed him so I feel more strongly that there is only one scum off wagon and less certain they were not all on wagon.

Box wasn't really a tactical kill though. They needed to kill someone who wouldn't be protected, Box claimed lots of dice, so they chose him. On-wagoners were much more likely to be protected.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 04, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 04, 2014, 05:47:37 pm »

You have to consider the context in which the player was on-wagon, not just say, "They're on wagon". For some people that means that they deserve little or no towncred for it.

faust: are you aware of all the things that could go terribly wrong with your plan?

Apparently not. What do you mean?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 04, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

e: Do you agree to carry out my plan?

no

Explain yourself!

Can you explain again why it would be such a great idea?  You say it will establish PPS as an IC?  Well, I do not think so.  I mean, whatever report I come back with will need to be solidified at some point.  i.e. either PPS or myself need to flip scum/town.  Now, why would scum kill us before that point?  No, the best route would be to kill the first of us with a lynch.  You are already biased into thinking that I am scum, and that sets me up as an easy mislynch.  I get mislynched, and then scum can kill the now-IC PPS that night.  Or vice-versa.

Basically, unless you are willing to fully believe any report that I come back with, we might as well not do the plan.  And if you will already fully believe whatever report I come back with, then you are basically saying that you already think that I am town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 04, 2014, 07:16:12 pm »

You have to consider the context in which the player was on-wagon, not just say, "They're on wagon". For some people that means that they deserve little or no towncred for it.

faust: are you aware of all the things that could go terribly wrong with your plan?

Apparently not. What do you mean?
I mean that there are a lot of things that can go terribly wrong with your plan, as I and others have outlined I believe. Plus, e doesn't seem like he is going to do it (and I don't blame him for that either).

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 04, 2014, 07:19:29 pm »

Hmm so does anyone have other plans? Or is it right now just kinda lynch who you think is scum

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 04, 2014, 07:52:43 pm »

Personally I like the lynch someone off the wagon strat and feel chairs is the most likely scum

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: July 04, 2014, 07:56:35 pm »

Personally I like the lynch someone off the wagon strat and feel chairs is the most likely scum

Why is he the most likely?  I see a lot of these posts from you ("X seems most likely scum right now"), and it seems very arbitrary to me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #1216 on: July 04, 2014, 08:04:01 pm »

Oh, right, faust was re-rolled today.

Re-reading lio, he started off with lots of theory talk, pushed XP, then back to rolling theory talk. I actually feel really good about this.

This early-ish post from Voltaire lowers the likelihood that Lio is scum in my eyes.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 04, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »

yuma looks like town, so that's good.

Ichi's most recent posts are also on the townier side.

How about vote: Voltaire? He just feels like scum. Will look at this in more detail after the weekend.

Oh yeah, that's L-2.

Faust here puts Volt at L-2.  Would he do this to his partner?  I'm pretty sure Faust is not a gambit-lynch-my-own-partner-for-town-points scum player, unless he's pretty certain his partner is caught (e.g., Xerxes in Innovation).  It didn't seem like Volt was caught at this point, at least from my point of view the lynch was far from being decided and there were quite a few candidates.  So, in this line of thinking, a scum Faust would only do this if he thought Volt was going to get out of this.

I find Faust less likely scum for this.  The only caveat would be "will look at this in more detail after the weekend"... setting up an out to say he changed his mind and unvote.. but very dangerous to do if Volt does get lynched and flips scum.  To me this vote looks scummy only in the case that Volt is town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 04, 2014, 08:16:27 pm »

Vote: Voltaire

That is L-1.

This is PPS's vote for Volt, and this follows:

Voltaire is way outside his meta. I believe it unlikely he and ashersky are partners so his flip will be largely informative.

Now a hypothetical scum PPS has to ask how "caught" Volt is and if he needs to hop on the wagon for town points.  That one is really hard for me to judge.. but this feels like town. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 04, 2014, 08:23:17 pm »

Volt's very first post is to vote Hydrad in RVS:

Hello all! I highly doubt the stones don't matter simply based on the way they're written so far. I'll have to double check, but even with the "ignore the flavor" post there's just no way.

Not quite sure how the small changes from the first game will affect anything, if at all.

vote: Hydrad for never having played with me before.

makes scum Hydrad slightly more likely, I think, but I don't have a lot of conviction in that.  The idea would be that scum are likely to place a vote on their partner early to establish some interaction, but not when anything is in serious risk of happening.

Very big town read on XP. Very unclear on ash.

The way things went down with PPS, I lean town on him. Enough that I don't want to lynch him D1. Two off so far (XP, PPS).

This is another point against PPS being scum (unfortunate, since I kind of want to lynch him~).  XP as well.  I don't think scum Volt wants to come out and take his partner completely off the lynch table his the third or fourth post of the game.  On the other hand, Volt has an established Meta for his day 1 elimination process, so he can argue against being incriminated if PPS or XP ever flipped scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 04, 2014, 08:29:26 pm »

Volt's first read post for reference:

WW's early posts about the set-up scream "scum trying to make townslips" to me. This is possibly because my brain is conditioned to now always assume he is scum. But actually wow. There's a lot of them.

IG's posts scream scum but what I thought was a fast wagon scared me off. Now that I look, I see he only has two votes.

It's been a long time. Welcome back, D1 POE.

ashersky
chairs
yuma
mail-mi
BoxOfDog
Voltaire - me
faust - reroll. See comments on PPS.
XerxesPraelor - big town read
Witherweaver
Beyond Awesome - posts read townie, questions strike me as possible to come from new(er) player with vet partners. Low on list of candidates. His 12 not getting re-rolled seems like it could easily be framing, too.
Ichimaru Gin
liopoil
Hydrad - new
pingpongsam - dice swiped (yes, possibly a lie/gambit/action bussing by scum, but I do not think scum does this sort of thing nearly as often as we think they do)

Did scum target themselves last game with anti-town powers? I forget.

Not sure what this says.. Hydrad interaction here is null since don't lynch new player is a policy for most of us.  I might guess BA is not a partner from this, since he's the only one with much of an explanation of why he has a town read.. scum generally wouldn't want to highlight their partner this much. Partners are probably more likely to be someone without a comment or one of the "policy" reasons (Faust, Hydrad, PPS).  PPS looks slightly guilty by association here since Volt feels the need to include a caveat how PPS might not be town, but explains its unlikelihood.   

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 04, 2014, 08:38:42 pm »

So this is weird:

Better than spending time on IG right now would be spending time on Box, lio, or BA.

I'm still here, just very busy recently. I like both lio and IG but I want to re-read to make sure that makes sense.

I liked lio more before ash voted for him.

Two days apart but Volt only had three posts between them with little content.  He had defended Ichi before the first quote, too.  Neither had much of a wagon, Volt didn't either.  I have trouble seeing Ichi and Volt as partners here, especially after these later interactions:

How about vote: Voltaire for basically saying "yes you are correct, but I'm not scum". He was interested that people didn't vote for him, well in this wake of explanationless votes, I'm voting Volt.

This is not what I said, please re-read it.

I acknowledged that I was different - I haven't been as uber-involved as I normally am D1. This does not make me scum. It makes me busy.

This has happened before - the newbie game, I think? - and I was found scummy for it then, too. Look, I get that HEY VOLT IS DIFFERENT THAT WHAT I THINK HE IS THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION THAN ALIGNMENT is a natural thought, but really? You can't look deeper?

There is nothing in lio I see that requires a stance, other than on me. Seriously. That's pretty not ok.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 04, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »

Volt's analysis of his own wagon:

There is nothing in lio I see that requires a stance, other than on me. Seriously. That's pretty not ok.
What does this mean?

It's not true, at least not after your recent set of posts. Catching up.
I still want to know what you meant to say, because your sentence doesn't make sense right now.

What I meant to say was, you struck me as basically doing what I'd been accused of doing - actilurking. That you'd only taken a hard stance on me. This is no longer correct.

And I really have five votes on me. Lovely. Well then. I still think BA is misguided town, Hydrad I need to re-read, XP is town, BA is grrr!town which only leaves IG as possible scum (not mail-mi).

As I understand it, the case is the good ol' fashioned "Volt isn't awesome" (spiced with "he rolled low"). I think it is entirely possible scum is avoiding my wagon right now.

Hydrad again looks guilty here.  I don't quite know what to make of "BA is grr!town". Also not sure why BA is listed twice...

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 04, 2014, 09:15:45 pm »

Why is he the most likely?  I see a lot of these posts from you ("X seems most likely scum right now"), and it seems very arbitrary to me.

My reason that I keep switching is I guess mainly because i'm new and am trusting others reads who I'm pretty sure are town rather then mine as I don't really know how anyone plays here so I'm kinda just following along. Part of this is if I just trusted me and didn't listen to anyone I would probably be on a huge asher tunnel right now as he just felt so scummy at first. But now that people have explained his playstyle i've tried to not put him on the top of my list and hes more null now.

The reason for chairs I guess is because I feel like hes trying to make people forget that hes playing the game so we don't vote for him which seems like something a scum could do.

Although I still have my highest scum read as BA but people generally seem to want to lynch off the wagon so i'm going to let him go for now. Although if he starts getting voted I would probably join in (sorry BA).

Finally for the WW vote on you. I personally don't actually think your that scummy but I didn't know what to do so I kinda just blindly followed fausts plan as I had no better idea at the time.

Finally for why I feel i'm innocent although i'm not that worried of getting lynched but I think your vote could be used in better places. I would say my biggest point is that I started the wagon on Volt when it didn't seem anyone was looking at him. If I was scum and my partner was completely fine I probably wouldn't vote like that. I guess I could of to establish interaction with him but I wouldn't have worded it as strongly to try to get others to notice him. I most likely would of kept trying to get gin lynched instead of trying to make people reconsider why they are lynching him.

But then again I guess if I am scum I have though of this already. Take this for what you will.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 04, 2014, 09:22:50 pm »

play: 4
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.