Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546488 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1150 on: July 03, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »

Thinking on it more, I'm sure that that wouldn't work. You wouldn't be able to roll a die, store it, and play it all in the same day due to the rules. So yeah, my power doesn't work when you play stored dice.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 03, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »

Ichi I have a question just for curiosities sake. Could you reroll a die that someone stored and then played?
Um. That's a good question. I'd tend to think not, since I think I can only reroll dice that were rolled on that particular day. (also, my power only works during day). And checking yeah, it only works if the play I target actually rolled dice on the actual day. So maybe if you rolled a die, stored it and then played it...I'm not sure. Maybe I'll post the question in my qt.

Ya it's probably not that importent as I doubt it will occur in this game. I just enjoy figuring out how everything works
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 03, 2014, 09:26:35 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

Beyond Awesome (1): chairs
chairs (1): mail-mi
pingpongsam (2): Ichimaru Gin, liopoil
2.71828..... (2): XerxesPraelor, Beyond Awesome
liopoil (1): ashersky
Witherweaver (2): faust, Hydrad

not voting (3): 2.71828....., Witherweaver, pingpongsam

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Evening begins on July 9 at 11pm forum time.
Day 1 ends on July 11 at 11pm forum time.

Target: 60
Score: 60

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 03, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »

Ok I have all of the bad luck in the world for rolls right now.

Play: 1
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 03, 2014, 10:23:48 pm »

Well rolling two high numbers here would actually hurt me, but I'm assuming you rolled 2 low ones, which isn't so good.

That being said, this makes me feel significantly townier on you that you are basically cooperating to help a town PR increase their strength. I mean, I obviously thought you were town before, but this strengthens my read on you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 03, 2014, 10:26:57 pm »

Well rolling two high numbers here would actually hurt me, but I'm assuming you rolled 2 low ones, which isn't so good.

That being said, this makes me feel significantly townier on you that you are basically cooperating to help a town PR increase their strength. I mean, I obviously thought you were town before, but this strengthens my read on you.

Well if only I could roll higher then a 7 once that would be nice

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 03, 2014, 10:28:45 pm »

Ichimaru Gin plays a 1

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 03, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »

Ichimaru Gin plays a 1

That could of been an interesting mess up lol

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 03, 2014, 10:31:17 pm »

Ichimaru Gin plays a 1

That could of been an interesting mess up lol
Had me scared for a second!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 03, 2014, 10:57:03 pm »

Wait, why did we do that?  Do we know there are no scum roles than can change played dice?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 03, 2014, 10:58:46 pm »

I mean, wouldn't it be better to wait to be sure we don't need to use the reroll power if anything happens.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 03, 2014, 11:05:30 pm »

Wait, why did we do that?  Do we know there are no scum roles than can change played dice?
Yeah. Kind of.

I'm the reroller. Thieves can't change dice. The monster already attacked. Plus, I don't think the odds of anyone rolling number x again are that good.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 03, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »

But if reroller is town and thief is town, and destroy-half-supply-rounded-up-or-maybe-down (no one else thinks that's strange?) is a scum ability, what's the other one?  Monster control?  Maybe , but it could be factional ability, or random.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 03, 2014, 11:14:16 pm »

But if reroller is town and thief is town, and destroy-half-supply-rounded-up-or-maybe-down (no one else thinks that's strange?) is a scum ability, what's the other one?  Monster control?  Maybe , but it could be factional ability, or random.
Yeah that is a good question. It'd be interesting if it was like Mafia Beastman or something. But from who they've attacked, I feel like it may be more random. Especially since it says "some level of control" it doesn't sound like they can neccesarily pinpoint attacks--though it does look like they can choose when the attacks happen.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 03, 2014, 11:26:56 pm »

Yeah that is a good question. It'd be interesting if it was like Mafia Beastman or something. But from who they've attacked, I feel like it may be more random. Especially since it says "some level of control" it doesn't sound like they can neccesarily pinpoint attacks--though it does look like they can choose when the attacks happen.

I feel like some level of control might be that they don't know the power the monster will have? Becuase it's hitting pretty good targets.

Actually if BA was the beast master and wasn't allowed to target himself that would explain why the 12 stayed

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:20 pm »

I think that any control scum has over the beast is probably factional and not a specific power.

Also, I think that I will roll today even though we have already defeated the current monster.  I think we need to prepare for future monsters.

MONSTERS

WITCH - When a die is played (besides the first die played for the Day), it only counts if it has opposite parity (odd/even) to the previous die played.

DRAGON - When a die of value n is played, it only counts if a die of value n-1 has previously been played.

OGRE - Only 1s and 2s count.

GOBLIN - Even numbers count as negative.

TROLL - The value of all played dice is squared.

ORC - Only the first instance of each value played counts.

The attacking Monster, as well as the target to beat it, will be announced at the beginning of each Day.

The four remaining monsters all seem pretty tough.  For example, only 1s and 2s counting is a difficult proposition.  Or the dragon.  Or any of them.  The fact remains that we need to have some flexibility, and if I have some stored rolls, it might help if we need a specific number.

I propose that I roll and store a die in case we need it D3 or D4 or D5 or whenever.

My question to you all is what do you think would be most strategic to store?  A 2 in case we face the ogre next?  A 9 or 11 in case we face the goblin?

I wanted to share the idea with everyone before I went ahead and just rolled.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 03, 2014, 11:31:50 pm »

Does anyone have an ability to tell us what monster we'll face tomorrow?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 03, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

One thing is we can't be sure the monsters are out. Thy could easily be decided by a 6 sided die. Although personally I feel like it's not that as jimmmm probably wants us to face all of them.

Also I feel like 11 is the best to save as I think it is good in the most situations

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 03, 2014, 11:47:52 pm »

I think that any control scum has over the beast is probably factional and not a specific power.

Also, I think that I will roll today even though we have already defeated the current monster.  I think we need to prepare for future monsters.

MONSTERS

WITCH - When a die is played (besides the first die played for the Day), it only counts if it has opposite parity (odd/even) to the previous die played.

DRAGON - When a die of value n is played, it only counts if a die of value n-1 has previously been played.

The attacking Monster, as well as the target to beat it, will be announced at the beginning of each Day.

The four remaining monsters all seem pretty tough.  For example, only 1s and 2s counting is a difficult proposition.  Or the dragon.  Or any of them.  The fact remains that we need to have some flexibility, and if I have some stored rolls, it might help if we need a specific number.

I propose that I roll and store a die in case we need it D3 or D4 or D5 or whenever.

My question to you all is what do you think would be most strategic to store?  A 2 in case we face the ogre next?  A 9 or 11 in case we face the goblin?

I think you should make that call on your own because we don't want mafia to use that knowledge to decide what monster to use on us next, assuming they have any say on when the monsters come out.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 04, 2014, 12:14:45 am »

MONSTERS

I think you should make that call on your own because we don't want mafia to use that knowledge to decide what monster to use on us next, assuming they have any say on when the monsters come out.

This may just be because I highly suspect you of being scum but I feel like your advice is just a way to make you look like town. Personally I doubt scum can controll what monster appears.

If this is true your advice doesn't actually do anything while you can gain some rep.

Now although I have said all this I still agree with you

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 04, 2014, 12:24:07 am »

And although I like fausts plan I just feel like BA is way more scummy so I'm going to

Vote: BA

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 04, 2014, 12:56:17 am »

Honestly, I have been set up, and you guys need to see that.

I think Ichi's reroll on D1 messed things up a bit because people were wondering why I wasn't rerolled because everyone thought scum did not reroll me. Then, scum sees that people are questioning that, so they reroll XP who had an 11 with the attack to draw further suspicion onto me.

Then, on D2, I have my dice stolen which I made a point with PPS, drawing suspicion onto him when I had my dice stolen. And, then I get a low roll, a 5 which I can't help because I could not roll more dice. I think scum did this because they saw what happened D1 and felt they could set up a case to get me mislynched.

I'm not trying to be scummy. If it were not for Ichi's reroll D1, I think things would be a lot different. No offense Ichi. You made the right call with the reroll, but it did draw a lot of suspicion onto me.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 04, 2014, 01:01:22 am »

Then, on D2, I have my dice stolen which I made a point with PPS, drawing suspicion onto him when I had my dice stolen. And, then I get a low roll, a 5 which I can't help because I could not roll more dice. I think scum did this because they saw what happened D1 and felt they could set up a case to get me mislynched.

Sorry, I meant to say on D1, I was drawing suspicion onto PPS for having his dice stolen, and then on D2, I have the exact same thing happen to me that I made a huge deal out of with PPS. Honestly, if I were scum, why the hell would I target myself after I made a huge deal with PPS about having his dice stolen. That would be stupid.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 04, 2014, 01:03:51 am »

The rerolling of XP through the attack.
My dice getting stolen on D2.
All of that was done to set me up to look like scum. Think about it.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 04, 2014, 01:25:19 am »

Oh, and another thing, I am not denying these events make me look scummy. Actually, all of this does make me look scummy. I am well aware of that, but this is all beyond my control. I ask you guys to please go back and reread D1 based on Ichi's claim that he had the reroll power. That really changes perspectives on things. Scum took advantage of what happened to faust's reroll with XP and since D1 they have been setting me up to be the mislynch.

Then, we go onto D2, crap happens to my dice, and it makes me even look scummier. But, ask yourselves this, why would scum do that to themselves when it is a move that would obviously draw attention to that player. It drew attention to PPS and now me, especially because I was one of the players feeling that PPS could have targeted himself or had a team mate targeting him. Anyway, a lot of people seeing me scummy at the start of D2 had to do with me not getting rerolled D1. We now know that Ichi rerolled faust. So, yah.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.