Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547257 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1100 on: July 03, 2014, 03:44:20 pm »

Hmmm, here's a thing: What kind of anti-town roles do we know about?

Dice stealing/destruction: Claimed to have affected PPS (N0), BoxOfDOG (N0), BA (N1).

Rerolling: Affected me (I was apparently not attacked by the Troll) (D1)

Roll manipulation: Affected PPS (D1), Hydrad (D2) (probably)

We have only two scum players left. Can they really be responsible for all of this...?

unvote

If anyone else is responsible for one of these effects, I think they should claim now.
Ok. Finally caught up on another 6+ pages while I was asleep. Well, I guess it's time I claimed then. Since everything else pretty much has and I think it'll help people figure things out.

I am the Town Priest e.g. Reroller

And I did reroll Faust D1. I have the power to reroll anyone I like; however, it positively or negatively affects me as well, depending. Right now, I think I'm probably going to reroll Hydrad, as it may benefit me, will also provide proof, and does no harm.

I am fine with this I believe. especially since this makes me feel like our kill is safe now that the scum doesn't have a reroll.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 03, 2014, 03:51:09 pm »

Why did you reroll him?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 03, 2014, 03:52:24 pm »

Oh never mind, figured out.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 03, 2014, 03:53:51 pm »

Why did you reroll him?
1. I didn't exactly understand what my powers did.
2. I felt very strongly at that time that he was scum (haha and you even correctly guessed that I was the one who rerolled him).
3. It had a high chance of benefiting me.

In hindsight, had I understood my own powers better, I would have waited and rerolled someone else. But thankfully we still won that day--and I did benefit from rerolling faust.

PPE: Well then.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 03, 2014, 04:03:07 pm »

Dice stealing/destruction: Claimed to have affected PPS (N0), BoxOfDOG (N0), BA (N1).

We have only two scum players left. Can they really be responsible for all of this...?

unvote

If anyone else is responsible for one of these effects, I think they should claim now.
Ok. Finally caught up on another 6+ pages while I was asleep. Well, I guess it's time I claimed then. Since everything else pretty much has and I think it'll help people figure things out.

And I did reroll Faust D1. I have the power to reroll anyone I like; however, it positively or negatively affects me as well, depending. Right now, I think I'm probably going to reroll Hydrad, as it may benefit me, will also provide proof, and does no harm.

What benefit will you get by rerolling hydrad?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 03, 2014, 04:05:08 pm »

unvote

What benefit will you get by rerolling hydrad?
If the number he ends up playing is lower than the original, I gain 2 dice to my supply, and if it is higher, I lose 2 dice from my supply. He is now allowed to play the original number. If he rolls a 7 again (because he is cursed or something), he cannot play it and it counts as playing a 0.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 03, 2014, 04:05:39 pm »

*not allowed to play the original number

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 03, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

So, if mafia doesn't have a reroller, this could mean that mail-mi actually could be scum after all. Interesting. I do believe you Ichi since we have not seen the reroll power used this day and the fact that you did not use it on me D1.

PPE: 1

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:57 pm »

gin do you know if i would be able to store a die if its higher? since there isn't much point in me playing again.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 03, 2014, 04:11:41 pm »

Ichi's claim is also making me believe e/yuma's claim a lot more now. I'm still not sure on him though, but I feel like we have much scummier candidates.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 03, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

gin do you know if i would be able to store a die if its higher? since there isn't much point in me playing again.
How many dice did you roll? I think the rules say that if you roll 2 or more, you have to play one.
So, if I reroll you and you rolled 2 or more dice, you could play the lower one and save the higher one.

Ah. And actually what it says is you will be unable to roll what you previously played. So I guess you actually can't roll another 7.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 03, 2014, 04:16:51 pm »

Well, that explains faust getting rerolled D1, but what about xerxes?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 03, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »

How many dice did you roll? I think the rules say that if you roll 2 or more, you have to play one.
So, if I reroll you and you rolled 2 or more dice, you could play the lower one and save the higher one.

Ah. And actually what it says is you will be unable to roll what you previously played. So I guess you actually can't roll another 7.

ok I rolled 2 dice. wait so you have a potential gain of 4 dice? if both dice roll lower?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 03, 2014, 04:17:59 pm »

xerxes was hit by the monster so I think there is someone that controls the monster as you also got hit

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 03, 2014, 04:18:17 pm »

That was the troll attack.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 03, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

That was the troll attack.

right, forgot about that. moving on.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 03, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

ok I rolled 2 dice. wait so you have a potential gain of 4 dice? if both dice roll lower?
It only counts for whichever dice you play. So both of your dice will be rerolled (and I assume you won't be able to reroll 7's for either one).
Then, (hopefully) one dice will be less than 7, you can play that and store the other one if it's a good roll.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 03, 2014, 04:21:13 pm »

Okay, fully believe Ichi's claim, and also quite sure he is town. That makes e scummier, again.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 03, 2014, 04:24:57 pm »

Ah sounds good. I have nothing against this

It only counts for whichever dice you play. So both of your dice will be rerolled (and I assume you won't be able to reroll 7's for either one).
Then, (hopefully) one dice will be less than 7, you can play that and store the other one if it's a good roll.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 03, 2014, 04:25:30 pm »

Ah sounds good I have nothing agaisnt this.

Also i'm still bad at quotes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 03, 2014, 04:25:36 pm »

Okay, fully believe Ichi's claim, and also quite sure he is town. That makes e scummier, again.

uh.  false.  I think this just confirms even more that town has roles that could easily be scummy.  But when used properly, benefit town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 03, 2014, 04:26:06 pm »

and I am basically ready to dub Ichi IC.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 03, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

Ah sounds good I have nothing agaisnt this.

Also i'm still bad at quotes
No Worries. Guess I'll reroll you now.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:01 pm »

xerxes was hit by the monster so I think there is someone that controls the monster as you also got hit

when was xerxes hit by any monsters?  I seem to have missed that

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #1124 on: July 03, 2014, 04:31:38 pm »

Edit: XerxesPraelor has been attacked by the Troll.
Score: 640

Hydrad plays 7
Score: 810 689

here
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.134 seconds with 20 queries.