Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547942 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1075 on: July 03, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »

Here's a plan:

e targets pingpongsam tonight. If he doesn't get any dice, we can confirm PPS is out of dice. If PPS is really out of dice, he is basically confirmed town, because why would scum reduce their own dice? If e does get dice, PPS is lying scum.

In the meantime, we lynch someone else. I propose WW.

Vote: Witherweaver

There are a lot of variables at play with this plan. Either e or PPS could get NK'd. e might be the thief, claimed to have targeted PPS and then we could end up with someone else that had dice stolen and e could say that he targeted PPS.

PPE: 4

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

Here's a plan:

e targets pingpongsam tonight. If he doesn't get any dice, we can confirm PPS is out of dice. If PPS is really out of dice, he is basically confirmed town, because why would scum reduce their own dice? If e does get dice, PPS is lying scum.

One question would a mafia want to run out of dice? he could do things like role 5 dice on first day and only play 1. If he runs out he basically has an excuse that he isn't helping us and the fights get harder for no reason.

Because there are other uses for the dice.

What makes you certain that scum has other uses for dice?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 03, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »

Here's a plan:

There are a lot of variables at play with this plan. Either e or PPS could get NK'd. e might be the thief, claimed to have targeted PPS and then we could end up with someone else that had dice stolen and e could say that he targeted PPS.

PPE: 4

If e or PPS are nightkilled, great, because then scum is taking out our suspects for us.

e/PPS scumteam is of course a possibility, but we can still find out e's alignment later on, and then the flip will be much more informative.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:17 pm »

Here's a plan:

One question would a mafia want to run out of dice? he could do things like role 5 dice on first day and only play 1. If he runs out he basically has an excuse that he isn't helping us and the fights get harder for no reason.

Because there are other uses for the dice.

What makes you certain that scum has other uses for dice?

Nothing. But scum does not know whether there may be other uses via monster rewards/penalty or similar stuff.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 03, 2014, 01:08:24 pm »

I hope this monster reward is something like +5 dice because I feel like people are starting to run out and I'm slightly worried for us winning the next few days.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: July 03, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »

I hope this monster reward is something like +5 dice because I feel like people are starting to run out and I'm slightly worried for us winning the next few days.

Well, we won't instantly lose if there's a monster we don't manage to defeat. Actually I was thinking of maybe purposefully let a monster win and not doing anything about it.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 03, 2014, 01:10:51 pm »

Well, we won't instantly lose if there's a monster we don't manage to defeat. Actually I was thinking of maybe purposefully let a monster win and not doing anything about it.

That is a bad idea. We don't know what the penalty would be. Town players could lose more dice. Mafia could get another NK. We have no idea what would happen if we let that occur.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 03, 2014, 01:28:23 pm »

So, what I want to know is people who are voting WW, what makes you think he is scum?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 03, 2014, 01:35:42 pm »

So, what I want to know is people who are voting WW, what makes you think he is scum?

It's bad and they should feel bad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 03, 2014, 01:40:02 pm »

I have 3 reasons.

1. He wasn't voting for Volt

2. gut feeling

3. trusting faust

Overall these aren't the best reasons and am more doing this for information. I'll be pretty willing to switch off as i'm not to positive about him yet. But since day 2 started i've just been feeling hes scum more and more.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 03, 2014, 01:45:34 pm »

If I was Volt's partner I would have wanted to be on the wagon, not off it, and certainly not vocal against it.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 03, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »

If WW were scum, I would be shocked. From what I understand, WW is scum pretty much every game he is in, so for once, he has to be town just based on the law of averages. I just don't see WW being scum this game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 03, 2014, 01:55:12 pm »

If I was Volt's partner I would have wanted to be on the wagon, not off it, and certainly not vocal against it.

That's rubbish. Scum lynch on D1 almost always lead to a town win. Scum would do everything to prevent that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 03, 2014, 01:56:18 pm »

If WW were scum, I would be shocked. From what I understand, WW is scum pretty much every game he is in, so for once, he has to be town just based on the law of averages. I just don't see WW being scum this game.

That is rubbish. Don't make arguments like that. You can trust me, I'm a mathematician.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 03, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »

While I appreciate the defense, law of averages is not a good one http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 03, 2014, 01:57:20 pm »

My reason to vote WW is mostly PoE, plus he was off-wagon on D1.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 03, 2014, 01:58:12 pm »

That's rubbish. Scum lynch on D1 almost always lead to a town win. Scum would do everything to prevent that.

But I've never come out in actual defense of a scum partner.  You should realize this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 03, 2014, 01:58:51 pm »

But I've never come out in actual defense of a scum partner.  You should realize this.

And we all know how well that worked out for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 03, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »

3-1 winning

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 03, 2014, 02:00:59 pm »

Well, not counting MU, but there was no real interaction there

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: July 03, 2014, 02:02:53 pm »

3-1 winning

Okay, I was only thinking of the MU and Innovation 2 (probably because I was your partner in both and it still hurts). But did any of the games you won feature a D1 scum wagon that you supported?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 03, 2014, 02:18:50 pm »

3-1 winning

Okay, I was only thinking of the MU and Innovation 2 (probably because I was your partner in both and it still hurts). But did any of the games you won feature a D1 scum wagon that you supported?

I would have hammered Scott P in Greater idea, you can check scum QT.  I voted Ash in WoT on day1.  He didn't have a big wagon though

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 03, 2014, 02:31:16 pm »

My thoughts on D1:

Mail-mi was the first person to vote Voltaire way back at 226 because of his low roll.  This, combined with his play, I find to be pretty towny.

Good thing about this scenario is: We know two scum roles with relative certainty, Thief and Reroller. With only 3 mafia in total, that means there's only one more role we have to worry about.
A very presumptuous post by Faust.  Especially with the knowledge we all have since town!e/yuma claimed thief.  I wouldn't be too shocked if there exists a town!reroller in the same way there is a town!thief.  (I will discuss the claim and questions related to it in another post)  Town points for XP pointing this out.

Better than spending time on IG right now would be spending time on Box, lio, or BA.
confirmed scum!voltaire wants to spend less time on IG and more on town!Box, lio, or BA.  Nothing to get too excited about, but interesting.

460 gave me a super towny vibe from Box, but we all know he is town now.  The interesting question is why does scum target him?  I think because he was a likely person not to be targeted with medical support.

Hydrad is the first person to really bring Voltaire into the lynch discussion.  And then the first vote on the wagon that ultimately lynches Voltaire.  Town points there.

Ichi quickly joins Hydrad in voting Voltaire, and I got a pretty towny vibe from Ichi most all of D1.

I'm also fine with vote: voltaire. Looks like lots of people are seeing the same things I was.
Funny thing about this post: this was the first time XP ever mentioned Voltaire.  Ever.  Yet "lots of people are seeing the same things I was" and he votes Voltaire.  I find that a fairly suspicious in an otherwise pretty towny D1.  The position that he was at in the wagon (4th voter) is a pretty safe place for scum to positioned on-wagon, and he would have easily been able to remove his vote had the day not ended earlier than it had to.

BA votes Volt, gives some reads, seems pretty towny D1

Yuma is clearly town.
PPS is clearly correct

Then we have the quicklynch trio.  Faust, then PPS, then Ash over a period of 4.5 hours.  I am not really sure what to make of this, but it is interesting.

Now, on to D2

PPE:12
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:19 pm »

I kinda like having e reread everything. It might bring something up that we have forgotten

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 03, 2014, 03:42:46 pm »

Hmmm, here's a thing: What kind of anti-town roles do we know about?

Dice stealing/destruction: Claimed to have affected PPS (N0), BoxOfDOG (N0), BA (N1).

Rerolling: Affected me (I was apparently not attacked by the Troll) (D1)

Roll manipulation: Affected PPS (D1), Hydrad (D2) (probably)

We have only two scum players left. Can they really be responsible for all of this...?

unvote

If anyone else is responsible for one of these effects, I think they should claim now.
Ok. Finally caught up on another 6+ pages while I was asleep. Well, I guess it's time I claimed then. Since everything else pretty much has and I think it'll help people figure things out.

I am the Town Priest e.g. Reroller

And I did reroll Faust D1. I have the power to reroll anyone I like; however, it positively or negatively affects me as well, depending. Right now, I think I'm probably going to reroll Hydrad, as it may benefit me, will also provide proof, and does no harm.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.792 seconds with 20 queries.