Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547975 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1000 on: July 03, 2014, 09:16:46 am »

Well, let's check then.

vote: e

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:57 am »

Alright.

Vote: e

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #1002 on: July 03, 2014, 09:20:44 am »

I just discovered that someone swiped half my supply of dice last night.

Points to you being town, with scum stealing your dice.

Or you (or your partner) has the dice-stealing scum power and you are preemptively claiming to have been robbed when you actually didn't use the power for yet even more cred.

Ha, Ash pointed this out way back after PPS claimed (which was pretty much right off the bat).

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:16 am »

Did BoxOfDog actually claim to have dice stolen N0?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:59 am »

yay.  A wagon already. 

So I have some catching up to do.  We still have a little way to go today, so please refrain from lynching me until at least Monday. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: July 03, 2014, 09:33:09 am »

Did BoxOfDog actually claim to have dice stolen N0?

I believe so, yes.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #1006 on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:14 am »

One last thing..

My supply went down from 13 to 15.. Is this due to being inactive, or did someone take my dice? Q-Q
*notentirelysureifIshouldbepostingthisinformationonlyplayedlike4gamesofmafiaonhere*

This is it.

Unless he simply Rolled two dice and Played one, not storing the other ....

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 03, 2014, 09:37:48 am »

Well, that's unlikely since he had to wait to get his results.  If Jimm would have lowered his supply as a result of his rolls, he would have given the roll as well.

And Box was town, so...

Interesting(^TM) how Box had two dice stolen, but PPS had half his supply?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:14 am »

Also possible there is a non-thief, destructive role that simply depletes another player's supply without stealing them.  Box never said they were stolen as I recall.. PPS implied some stealing flavor.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 03, 2014, 10:25:28 am »

Hmmm, here's a thing: What kind of anti-town roles do we know about?

Dice stealing/destruction: Claimed to have affected PPS (N0), BoxOfDOG (N0), BA (N1).

Rerolling: Affected me (I was apparently not attacked by the Troll) (D1)

Roll manipulation: Affected PPS (D1), Hydrad (D2) (probably)

We have only two scum players left. Can they really be responsible for all of this...?

unvote

If anyone else is responsible for one of these effects, I think they should claim now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 03, 2014, 10:26:39 am »

Faust I targeted you N0
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 03, 2014, 10:34:08 am »

Dice stealing/destruction: Claimed to have affected PPS (N0), BoxOfDOG (N0), BA (N1).

We have only two scum players left. Can they really be responsible for all of this...?

unvote

If anyone else is responsible for one of these effects, I think they should claim now.

You were not attacked by the Troll?  I thought it said it in flavor.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 03, 2014, 10:34:57 am »

Also possible there is a non-thief, destructive role that simply depletes another player's supply without stealing them.  Box never said they were stolen as I recall.. PPS implied some stealing flavor.

I got no flavor. All I saw was a reduction in my supply dice.

That said, I am never a fan of these if this person is alignment x then that person must be alignment y chains. To be perfectly forward I am about 50/50 on yuma's alignment. I am not opposed to his lynch and I am not wholly opposed to going down the next day as a result if he flips scum because we can afford the town loss at that point and I am arguably the most disposable townie with zero dice remaining.

If he flips town what's the genius strategy then?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 03, 2014, 10:38:07 am »

Other  circumstantial evidence from Yuma(e)/PPS scum: Claiming to steal from Box N0 is consistent with Box's claim.  Proposing a second Thief validates PPS's claim and is consistent with N0.  Only one claimed theft (against BA) during N1.  Yuma claiming to steal from N1 again is not verifiable, and gives support to the claim that there are two Thieves.  If scum!Yuma knows that there are not, then he knows no one else will make the claim to have stolen BA's dice N1, so he keeps the "two Thieves" idea alive.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 03, 2014, 10:39:22 am »

That said, I am never a fan of these if this person is alignment x then that person must be alignment y chains. To be perfectly forward I am about 50/50 on yuma's alignment. I am not opposed to his lynch and I am not wholly opposed to going down the next day as a result if he flips scum because we can afford the town loss at that point and I am arguably the most disposable townie with zero dice remaining.

So better to lynch you first, then decide on Yuma?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 03, 2014, 10:41:46 am »

Well, this is the implication to which I'm referring:

My PR name is The Swindler. Seems we have a thief to form a coalition of grifters.

I just discovered that someone swiped half my supply of dice last night.

Points to you being town, with scum stealing your dice.

Or you (or your partner) has the dice-stealing scum power and you are preemptively claiming to have been robbed when you actually didn't use the power for yet even more cred.

My PR name is The Swindler. Seems we have a thief to form a coalition of grifters.

You seemed to believe it was theft at the time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 03, 2014, 10:44:45 am »

unvote

Yuma claimed to steal from BoxofDog both N0 and N1.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 03, 2014, 10:48:37 am »

Sorry I was misremembering from Day 1:

Edit: XerxesPraelor has been attacked by the Troll.
Score: 640

Hydrad plays 7
Score: 810 689

Xerxes was attacked by troll, Faust was rerolled.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 03, 2014, 10:55:54 am »

Is "Roll manipulation" referring to PPS rolling three 8's and Hydrad rolling multiple 7's?  I'm not convinced this is evidence of tampering at all... it's probably just regular RNG stuff.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 03, 2014, 11:05:51 am »

Is "Roll manipulation" referring to PPS rolling three 8's and Hydrad rolling multiple 7's?  I'm not convinced this is evidence of tampering at all... it's probably just regular RNG stuff.

I feel like mine can be regular RNG but i feel like triple 8's is really unlikely.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: July 03, 2014, 11:11:19 am »

I feel like mine can be regular RNG but i feel like triple 8's is really unlikely.

8 8 8 has the exact same chance of occurring as 9 2 11.  Why is one evidence of tampering but the other not?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 03, 2014, 11:15:48 am »

8 8 8 has the exact same chance of occurring as 9 2 11.  Why is one evidence of tampering but the other not?

While that is true the chance is still pretty low which makes me fell like there is about a 70% at least that we have someone tampering with dice. Its not high enough that I am positive but I am definitely going to consider it as a power

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 03, 2014, 11:19:54 am »

Because one is a special case, and the other one is not. There could easily be a role: "Target a player. All rolls of this player will have the same value."
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:09 am »

While that is true the chance is still pretty low which makes me fell like there is about a 70% at least that we have someone tampering with dice. Its not high enough that I am positive but I am definitely going to consider it as a power

70% sounds completely made up there.

The chance is not low, at all.  You simply cannot take one outcome of a random experiment and make deductions about the distribution.

Consider also there were 14 sets of N_i die rolls on Day 1.  Generated 14 instances of three die rolls twice.

Result 1:

(12, 2, 6)
(6, 12, 2)
(3, 1, 3)
(2, 12, 11)
(10, 10, 11)
(11, 7, 11)
(7, 3, 3)
(7, 8, 10)
(12, 7, 10)
(6, 8, 12)
(5, 1, 4)
(12, 2, 4)
(8, 5, 9)
(4, 6, 4)

Result 2:

(1, 7, 10)
(6, 9, 8 )
(9, 4, 8 )
(5, 10, 4)
(8, 7, 12)
(1, 7, 11)
(6, 4, 5)
(1, 6, 9)
(10, 8, 6)
(10, 7, 3)
(2, 10, 12)
(12, 12, 12)
(6, 8, 1)
(5, 5, 2)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:16 am »

Because one is a special case, and the other one is not. There could easily be a role: "Target a player. All rolls of this player will have the same value."

There could easily be such a role, yes.  No reason to believe it's even remotely probable from the evidence, though. 

Note that, in my above example, we don't know how many dice everyone rolled, so it doesn't correlate exactly (I used 3 dice for all 14 runs).
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.718 seconds with 20 queries.