Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547255 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #550 on: June 28, 2014, 01:36:50 am »

vote: liopoil

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 28, 2014, 02:20:30 am »

Ok. Cmon guys. That seems pretty mean.
I haven't played with lio in a while--and his picture makes me feel like he's a different person.

Seriously though, it's like "nah nah, we'll show you".

How about vote: Voltaire for basically saying "yes you are correct, but I'm not scum". He was interested that people didn't vote for him, well in this wake of explanationless votes, I'm voting Volt.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 28, 2014, 02:40:12 am »

I'm also fine with vote: voltaire. Looks like lots of people are seeing the same things I was.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 28, 2014, 02:41:40 am »

Also, I love watchtower's art more than I like a random picture of a red tram. (though that's nice too)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 28, 2014, 02:43:03 am »

#217 Basically ignores Voltaire's point that scum generally played mid-high numbers in the previous game, debunking faust's theory which he has waved around so much and forms the basis of almost all of his reads.

Just saying, this is in no way true.

My read on Xerxes isn't derived from dice rolls.
My read on PPS isn't derived from dice rolls.
My read on Hydrad isn't derived from dice rolls.
My read on BA isn't derived from dice rolls.
My read on Box isn't derived from dice rolls.
How many of those reads are null or incredibly light?

Zero to one.

And of course, you'd know that had you actually reread me instead of filtered out stuff you can use against me.
AKA evidence?

You'd probably call it something else though.

Am I right that this is you confirming that you didn't reread me to find out whether I'm scum, but only to convince others that I'm scum?
Am I right that this is you confirming that you manage to twist, misinterpret and evade virtually everything I say?

Also, this exchange gives me a towny feeling on both of them.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 28, 2014, 03:34:14 am »

How about vote: Voltaire for basically saying "yes you are correct, but I'm not scum". He was interested that people didn't vote for him, well in this wake of explanationless votes, I'm voting Volt.

This is not what I said, please re-read it.

I acknowledged that I was different - I haven't been as uber-involved as I normally am D1. This does not make me scum. It makes me busy.

This has happened before - the newbie game, I think? - and I was found scummy for it then, too. Look, I get that HEY VOLT IS DIFFERENT THAT WHAT I THINK HE IS THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION THAN ALIGNMENT is a natural thought, but really? You can't look deeper?

There is nothing in lio I see that requires a stance, other than on me. Seriously. That's pretty not ok.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 28, 2014, 06:32:51 am »

I don't find Ichi scummy for playing a low dice. That happens unfortunately. Last game the only time dice rolling was reflective of alignment was chairs playing a 1... (perhaps the only scum slip that was legitimately a scumslip)

I actually think a huge mass claim in terms of powers/dice/rolls/stored dice/etc could be largely beneficial to us. It would give mafia info yes. But it would allow us to best coordinate how to defeat monsters, allow us to force mafia to be more or less truthful about their dice and what they are doing with them (maybe catch them in a lie in regard to what they are doing...) and coordinate powers better that we have as town. Yes downside is mafia would know what we are doing, be better able to determine kills and the like on powerful roles as is the usual with mass claiming... But I think it is very likely worth it.

Do think Ichi is scummy for reasons other than his low roll?

Not sure about mass claiming, since there might be powers unrelated to monster fighting and instead helping us to find scum, and we don't want these outed.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 28, 2014, 06:43:54 am »

At least you aren't uselessly refusing to vote for anyone besides mail-mi today anymore.

I still want to lynch mail-mi.

I think mail-mi/PPS/liopoil or mail-mi/liopoil/hydrad at this point.

I think your reads are very off. All of the people your listing are town reads for me, what makes them suspicious (well, I know your point about mail-mi, but the rest?)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 28, 2014, 06:49:36 am »

Really don't like the liopoil wagon. Voltaire I feel better about, but right now, there's just more that's scummy about Ichi. THis could just come from Voltaire not having as much content, so there's not as much to find him scummy for.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 28, 2014, 08:07:41 am »

At least you aren't uselessly refusing to vote for anyone besides mail-mi today anymore.

I think your reads are very off. All of the people your listing are town reads for me, what makes them suspicious (well, I know your point about mail-mi, but the rest?)

Go back a page for my liopoil case.

PPS is a weak case based on his crazy mail-mi defense/tie.  It's right before I call him partners.

Hydrad is possibly liopoil's partner in one of the scenarios.  He was hedging hardcore, too.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 28, 2014, 09:14:49 am »

What the hell? two more votes without explanation, right after I make a post about how it's wierd and sort of frustrating that all 3 of my voters voted with nothing else in the post besides voting for me? This is absurd.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 28, 2014, 09:29:09 am »

I haven't played with lio in a while--and his picture makes me feel like he's a different person.
I haven't played with anyone in several months! I probably am a bit of a different player now.

vote: liopoil
Ok. Cmon guys. That seems pretty mean.

Seriously though, it's like "nah nah, we'll show you".

I'm also fine with vote: voltaire. Looks like lots of people are seeing the same things I was.
These three posts happened in order. It's the second time that XP has voted me and then switched right away. This vote for me was right after a couple other people voted for me, and then this vote on voltaire came right after a couple of people voted for him! I still find XP's actions really scummy, despite the interaction with faust.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 28, 2014, 09:45:25 am »

I think I agree with all this here.  I bolded especially relevant things.

It's also a super super scummy post.  Calm, collected, clear.  You are now the Hannibal Lector of Mafia.  Scary.  Like you are going to eat my brains or something.
Are you joking??? Trying to goad me into reacting or something? Well, okay, I will. I make a good post here (you essentially say so yourself) in that I make good points and deliver the message well. This makes me a scummy serial killer who will eat your brains? If I wrote bad posts, would you find that townie? Nope, you'd probably find that scummy, and not without reason because scum don't make good points! It seems anything I do will be interpreted as scum. And so far, all three of the posts I have drawn suspicion for have been pro-town posts! The one about the number of scum was pro-town because it let me know that it had been added to the OP (and if it hadn't been, it would have been a very good question to ask faust). The one helping Hydrad wasn't exactly protown because we have no idea what the alignment of Hydrad is, but it is still a good thing to say in order to integrate a new player into the community. I'm sure I can find posts of people in other games doing similar things. Lastly, this post above was pro-town because it was a good post, if I do say so myself.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:56 am »

Why people continue to think it's okay to vote without explanation mystifies me. I'm sure it was never okay in any of the other games I've played.

There is nothing in lio I see that requires a stance, other than on me. Seriously. That's pretty not ok.
What does this mean?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 28, 2014, 10:00:53 am »

Go back a page for my liopoil case.

PPS is a weak case based on his crazy mail-mi defense/tie.  It's right before I call him partners.

Hydrad is possibly liopoil's partner in one of the scenarios.  He was hedging hardcore, too.
Don't bother going back a page for his liopoil case, you won't find anything of note.

Has anyone ever actually coached their scumbuddy in-thread before?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 28, 2014, 10:17:12 am »

This is not what I said, please re-read it.

I acknowledged that I was different - I haven't been as uber-involved as I normally am D1. This does not make me scum. It makes me busy.

This has happened before - the newbie game, I think? - and I was found scummy for it then, too. Look, I get that HEY VOLT IS DIFFERENT THAT WHAT I THINK HE IS THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION THAN ALIGNMENT is a natural thought, but really? You can't look deeper?

I can Aknowledge that you have IRL reasons for being busy. Still, I just get the same feeling from you. I mean, you rolled low--and a lot of people see that as scummy. So it's not just that. And you pretending it is feels scummy. This game has developed very strangely to me--with a lot of odd wagons such as mine and now lio's.

I too am confused by the last sentence in this post.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 28, 2014, 10:18:16 am »

Why people continue to think it's okay to vote without explanation mystifies me. I'm sure it was never okay in any of the other games I've played.

What does this mean?

Yeah. Why is this ok? Is it under the guise of a joke?

Oh. lio legitimately points out how people are voting for him sans explanation--let's all do exactly that!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 28, 2014, 10:37:53 am »

I voted for lio because I mostly agree with ashersky's case and to see if it took off because if it did he was likely town. I felt leaving out the explanation served this purpose as well as did that thing we do when people speak as if they are above vote in the game.

Finally, I take deep exception to the idea that scum do not make good points. When I am scum I am certain to make good points to improve my chances of survival.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 28, 2014, 10:53:14 am »

I voted for lio because I mostly agree with ashersky's case and to see if it took off because if it did he was likely town. I felt leaving out the explanation served this purpose as well as did that thing we do when people speak as if they are above vote in the game.

Finally, I take deep exception to the idea that scum do not make good points. When I am scum I am certain to make good points to improve my chances of survival.
No way can you say that I spoke as if I was above vote in this game. I spoke as if I was above being voted without explanation, which I as well as everyone else in the game is.

Leaving out the explanation served no purpose.

The points that scum make are by definition bad because they are wrong. All points scum makes are for the point of their own survival. Of course scum will try to make points that appear to be good, but deep down they are bad points. Him thinking that my point was good means either:

a) I am town and made a good point.
OR
b) I am scum and made a bad point that was convincing enough to make ash think it was a good point.

Do you have a reason to think b is more likely than a? Does ashersky? No, neither of you do, and that's why the case is bad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 28, 2014, 10:57:53 am »

We can agree to disagree. I have purposely kept Town alive by playing up the real possibility someone must be town. Every point I made was perfectly valid because the person was town. If you think Mafia never play against their win on then you are at kindergarten level mafia.

I recall winning a game by never not voting a towny right up until the end.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 28, 2014, 10:58:58 am »

Right now I suspect scum ashersky surprise bussed scum liopoil. I would have liked to have seen the wagon grow further.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 28, 2014, 11:01:17 am »

We can agree to disagree. I have purposely kept Town alive by playing up the real possibility someone must be town. Every point I made was perfectly valid because the person was town. If you think Mafia never play against their win on then you are at kindergarten level mafia.

Right, of course, but all of those things still have the long term motive of a scum victory, that is, keeping at least one scum alive while killing the town.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 28, 2014, 11:01:56 am »

I think I double negatived myself. The game I referenced I never voted for a towny except for the final mislynch vote. Throughout the game I consistently voted my scum partners.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 28, 2014, 11:02:21 am »

Right now I suspect scum ashersky surprise bussed scum liopoil. I would have liked to have seen the wagon grow further.
What are you talking about? Ashersky was the third vote on my wagon, you were the 4th, and XP was briefly the 5th.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 28, 2014, 11:02:43 am »

Right, of course, but all of those things still have the long term motive of a scum victory, that is, keeping at least one scum alive while killing the town.

But it does not make good points be bad ones.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.027 seconds with 20 queries.