Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548484 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2014, 08:39:38 am »

We are counting on mail-mi on a later day showing us his power. Even if he is scum, he will be forced to use his power in a pro-town way. also, there is an important distinction to be made - does not rolling enable/boost your power, or do you just want to save dice to use your power?

mail-mi, don't answer that, we clearly have a thief amongst us.
right, good call. But I mean, if he just wants to save dice I think we should make him roll. There are plenty of PRs who might just want to save dice.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2014, 08:43:05 am »

We are counting on mail-mi on a later day showing us his power. Even if he is scum, he will be forced to use his power in a pro-town way. also, there is an important distinction to be made - does not rolling enable/boost your power, or do you just want to save dice to use your power?

what do you think of the first two sentences of the quote? I am saying that it seems highly unlikely that he is scum who has a pro-scum power which will be helped by this, because if he isn't pro-town with his power we will lynch him.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:55 am »

what do you think of the first two sentences of the quote? I am saying that it seems highly unlikely that he is scum who has a pro-scum power which will be helped by this, because if he isn't pro-town with his power we will lynch him.

Unless the scum super power is lynch proof...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 26, 2014, 10:24:41 am »

Unless the scum super power is lynch proof...

This is getting complicated now. Its interesting playing a game like this and not knowing any of the roles. Do we know if scum can still kill people in the night?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:22 am »

We have no reason to think they can't. And in the last one they could.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 26, 2014, 11:00:25 am »

I think ash is worried that mail-mi might be scum with a power that grows stronger the more times he doesn't use his dice rolls. So, ash thinks that mail-mi may have made up a story at the beginning to not roll his dice, so that his scum power becomes more powerful. Although, it is very well possible that mail-mi is also telling the truth.

This.  It's EXACTLY what scum would do.  Remember, powers were assigned without alignment in mind.  So his power may be real, even though he's not even claimed a power, so who knows?  But even if he has a real power, no way to know it's a town power.  And if it is a town power, no way to know if it is actually assigned to town.

Basically, I think mail-mi's claim was a classic scum play.  I really don't care what the power is at this point, because it doesn't matter.  I mean, a scum power that gets stronger without rolling is even worse, but scum is scum.

It's worth noting that this is exactly what you would do as scum if Mail-Mi is town and you want to hinder his role becoming more powerful.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 26, 2014, 11:01:44 am »

I have edited posts 262, 273 and 275 for correctness.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 26, 2014, 11:05:40 am »

But wouldn't town do the same thing?

Yes. We aren't talking about lynch here, though. We're talking about losing a town PR to defuse the threat of what could actually be a scum PR. Mail-mi thinks it exonerates him if he rolls when needed when I would contend he is only exonerated if he rolls at all. If box or his replacement succeeds in killing the troll the question still remains whether we just allowed a scum PR to strengthen or not. My question has been avoided all along, completely derailed by a false premise. It is a yes or no question for each person to decide; is the threat of mail-mi's power to potentially be scum sufficient deterrent to gaining a potential town PR? This has no implication of being 50/50 and nothing to with lynching mail-mi. In fact, that the question I have repeatedly ask remains unanswered while being twisted into other forms makes me think mail-mi is likely town for certainty.

Vote: ashersky

Ohhh, you were asking whether he should roll regardless of the troll.  I didn't understand that before.

It's hard to say because I have no idea what his (claimed town) ability is, or what the possible scum ability would be.  My inclination would be that it's not a tremendous risk to not have him roll a die if it isn't needed today, but that's at best a guess.  It's somewhat bolstered because I'm leaning town on him.

I also see Faust's point, that he's pretty much said "hey kill me tonight" if he is town, so he might as well go ahead and roll.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 26, 2014, 11:09:20 am »

XerxesPraelor plays an 11.
Score: 910

Vote Count 1.4

mail-mi (1): ashersky
Ichimaru Gin (2): faust, Beyond Awesome
Beyond Awesome (2): XerxesPraelor, Witherweaver
Voltaire (1): mail-mi
faust (1): Ichimaru Gin
liopoil (2): Voltaire, yuma
ashersky (1): pingpongsam

not voting (4): chairs, BoxOfDog, Hydrad, liopoil

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Evening begins on July 1 at 4pm forum time.
Day 1 ends on July 3 at 4pm forum time.

Target: 1000
Score: 910

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 26, 2014, 11:09:45 am »

Edit: XerxesPraelor has been attacked by the Troll.
Score: 640

Hydrad plays 7
Score: 810 689

This is the edit in question. What do we make of it? "Has been attacked by the Troll"? Does this imply non-mafia interactions? The first reroll didn't have that clause, right?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:08 am »

Do the monsters have special powers that we are not aware of?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 26, 2014, 11:12:12 am »

I still think it's scum who forced that reroll, possibly through controlling the Troll.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dice Mafia (sign-ups open)
« Reply #412 on: June 26, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

This is probably relevant:

The Monsters are sent by the Mafia, and as such, Mafia-aligned players will have some level of control over them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:58 am »

Ahh, sorry, forgot we should use personal QTs for questions.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 26, 2014, 12:02:22 pm »

Would the Theif behave differently based on the answer? 

I had assume Mail-Mi meant the first from what he said before.  Though I'm not sure why that distinction is important.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 26, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »

I had assume Mail-Mi meant the first from what he said before.  Though I'm not sure why that distinction is important.

The answer to your question is pretty obvious, and in fact I begin to think you are posting these "dumb" questions on purpose.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »

The answer to your question is pretty obvious, and in fact I begin to think you are posting these "dumb" questions on purpose.

I'm missing something.  If his dice are good for him, the Thief would want to still them, whether or not they're good for him to use or good for him as a boost.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2014, 12:41:43 pm »

I don't see how "WW" is being dumb here, and I don't understand why you are being so hostile for no apparent reason.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 26, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »

I'm missing something.  If his dice are good for him, the Thief would want to still them, whether or not they're good for him to use or good for him as a boost.

If mail-mi can convert dice in his supply into power, then the Thief wants to target him. If he just gets something from not rolling, then he's not better as a Thief target than anyone else.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »

If mail-mi can convert dice in his supply into power, then the Thief wants to target him. If he just gets something from not rolling, then he's not better as a Thief target than anyone else.

I assumed he would get something by not rolling because then he would have more dice.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 26, 2014, 01:12:33 pm »

I assumed he would get something by not rolling because then he would have more dice.

I would say that is a dangerous assumption to make. to wit, when I first started on this path I specifically stated a case wherein he would get an upgrade by virtue of not rolling as opposed to simply having more dice. I would expect that the possibility is the 50/50 in either direction and that information should stay with mail-mi alone.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »

I don't think talking about whether or not mail-mi should roll helps us any further. He has all the input he needs to make his decision now.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:01 pm »

vote: witherweaver.

Trying to get details on PR mechanics is a scum trait, since the more information you have on a PR the more you can evaluate its relative utility.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 26, 2014, 01:29:44 pm »

I don't think talking about whether or not mail-mi should roll helps us any further. He has all the input he needs to make his decision now.

I have to agree, I am recalling that "evening" thing where he have a couple days to debate his lynch for not having rolled should he choose not to.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:37 pm »

vote: witherweaver.

Trying to get details on PR mechanics is a scum trait, since the more information you have on a PR the more you can evaluate its relative utility.

Trying to get details on a PR mechanic (or, anything really) is a me trait, though I didn't really realize I was doing that here.  What were you referring to?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.956 seconds with 20 queries.