Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546703 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:23 am »

Good thing about this scenario is: We know two scum roles with relative certainty, Thief and Reroller. With only 3 mafia in total, that means there's only one more role we have to worry about.
How do you know there are exactly 3 mafia??

vote: liopoil

Lame!

Don't turn into yuma.

... look who I was replying to!

I take it back.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2014, 11:57:13 am »

In all seriousness, in Greater Idea it was scum!XP who played up "I don't know how many scum there are" and faust (correctly) called him out on it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 25, 2014, 12:05:10 pm »

Uh, actually I was telling the truth about that - I just didn't look at the OP or forgot what it said there.

Also, B) is a really plausible idea, especially since BA played his die immediately at the beginning, which would mean he wouldn't have had enough time to think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2014, 12:06:08 pm »

In all seriousness, in Greater Idea it was scum!XP who played up "I don't know how many scum there are" and faust (correctly) called him out on it.

Yes, but that was a little different, as XP kind of went out of his way to show uncertainty in the knowledge, and didn't do it in the form of accusing someone else.  Also, Greater Idea was very much open, and this one is somewhat closed.

It seems just as likely that Liopoil didn't see that the number of Mafia were revealed and was suspicious of someone having that info.  If Liopoil really wanted to construct a false case against Faust, he'd probably check to make sure the information really wasn't given in the setup first.

PPE: 1

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »

Anyway, I feel our best lynch candidate (after everyone has rolled) is Ichi. I have only played Mafia once that being the Greater Idea game, but in that game Ichi played, very, very differently, and he was town that game. We have a very different Ichi here, so I am almost certain he is scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »

Anyway, I feel our best lynch candidate (after everyone has rolled) is Ichi. I have only played Mafia once that being the Greater Idea game, but in that game Ichi played, very, very differently, and he was town that game. We have a very different Ichi here, so I am almost certain he is scum.

Vote: Beyond Awesome

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2014, 12:42:28 pm »

Why is this worth a vote? Or is it in conjunction with the "BA can't roll himself" idea?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2014, 12:51:09 pm »

Back for a few.

You say "very differently" but offer no specifics. I really don't want to get into another argument about how I play town, but I think you should offer more than a general statement.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2014, 12:57:35 pm »

Back for a few.

You say "very differently" but offer no specifics. I really don't want to get into another argument about how I play town, but I think you should offer more than a general statement.

Okay, you seem more defensive this game. You seem to not be saying as much and/or giving as many thoughts. In Greater Idea, I felt like I got your entire thought process. Here, I am seeing very little to none of that. Overall, you just come across as different this time.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2014, 01:08:10 pm »

Back for a few.

Okay, you seem more defensive this game. You seem to not be saying as much and/or giving as many thoughts. In Greater Idea, I felt like I got your entire thought process. Here, I am seeing very little to none of that. Overall, you just come across as different this time.
I'd say I'm normally always defensive. You are right that I'm not posting as many thoughts (if at all) though. I really want to get more into this game, but I am pretty busy at the moment. I have more free time today though tomorrow is almost entirely shot. That being said, I have a townread on you I think.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2014, 01:17:12 pm »

Yes, but that was a little different, as XP kind of went out of his way to show uncertainty in the knowledge, and didn't do it in the form of accusing someone else.  Also, Greater Idea was very much open, and this one is somewhat closed.

It seems just as likely that Liopoil didn't see that the number of Mafia were revealed and was suspicious of someone having that info.  If Liopoil really wanted to construct a false case against Faust, he'd probably check to make sure the information really wasn't given in the setup first.

Then I'm not thinking of Greater Idea but some other game. Where # of scum was public knowledge.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:02 pm »

Why is this worth a vote? Or is it in conjunction with the "BA can't roll himself" idea?

Looks like classic deflecting attention off of one's self by jumping yo the nearest wagon.  Ichi seems different, but not very, very different.  There hasn't even been enough game for Ichi to be noticeably different.

I wouldn't see a vet scum doing this, but I can believe first time. (BA was town in Greater Idea?)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:09 pm »

It was X-men I believe.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:35 pm »

Then I'm not thinking of Greater Idea but some other game. Where # of scum was public knowledge.

I meant Innovation.  I thought you did too

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 25, 2014, 01:27:16 pm »

Looks like classic deflecting attention off of one's self by jumping yo the nearest wagon.  Ichi seems different, but not very, very different.  There hasn't even been enough game for Ichi to be noticeably different.

I wouldn't see a vet scum doing this, but I can believe first time. (BA was town in Greater Idea?)

Yes, I was town during Greater Idea

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2014, 01:38:26 pm »

Plus, the hyperboles.  How can he be so close to certain?  Last time I saw someone speak like this was first_scum!DD in monster U

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »

Why make him roll when we don't need to? If box can't get a 10, then we should make mail-mi roll for sure.

Why allow him to save his dice when no one else got to?  That's the perfect place for scum to be.

If he was an Innocent Child, then sure, whatever.  But he's just another player, with no indication that he's anything special.

I reiterate my vote: mail-mi and don't see me voting for anyone else today at this point.

Has mail-mi played aggressive and bold as scum before? Semi-serious, semi-rhetorical question. I can't think of any times.

Well, this game is the most active I've seen him in the accumulation of all Mafia games that I've seen him in. 

Okay I guess that was just one other game.  But he was town there.
Its called "summer break." No school or homework = more active.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:05 pm »

What if scum!mail-mi's role gets more powerful if he manages to not roll today?

This actually seems very plausible because effectively not rolling as scum would take big balls.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2014, 01:55:21 pm »

This actually seems very plausible because effectively not rolling as scum would take big balls.

Is there a precedent from the last game of such a role?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 25, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

Not as far as I remember.

I am being made to re-think BA right now. I like WW's point about certainty and new scum.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »

Also,
vote: BA
if I'm not there already.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2014, 02:21:33 pm »

Not that I am aware of. I am thinking of it more from a design standpoint. It makes more sense to make a scum role that gets more powerful if they succeed in doing something public that would certainly be in scum's interest to be doing. The obvious angle is to claim you are going to be a more powerful Town role. Also, I was imagining how the role might get more powerful and I imagined one in which I steal dice (because I know dice were stolen) and if I can maintain a certain number of dice into the night I have access to a better power. Nothing about that sounds towny though I am Town with a directly anti-town role power.

Anyway, all that is to say that I think we should weigh the risk vs. reward in case mail-mi is scum. while a super powered Townie is always nice (maybe he loses all dice but becomes IC?) is is worth the risk of a super power scum? I, personally, think I'd rather mitigate the risk of a super powered scum being created at the loss of a potential super powered Townie.

Initially I was going along with mail-mi because I considered his forward and blatant claim to be ardent for scum to be making but now that I deliberate on it I am not so certain it wasn't the only real move he had to make as scum. It has to at least be considered.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:17 pm »

I should note that all I am really considering is not a lynch but whether he should be made to roll, so I think the stakes are rather low, actually.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:47 pm »

Well, this has been awfully interesting.

I think the "BA is scum that rolled 1 die, has the reroll power, but can't reroll himself" is an awfully interesting line of thought.  I'm certainly less inclined than others (Voltaire) to just right anybody off as town just yet.

SCUM: Please start tripping ye ol' chairs gut instinct alarm.  Thank you in advance.

part of me just wants to vote: yuma because I've got major concerns that a scum!yuma in this format would be really, devastatingly effective.. but random chance says town!yuma is more likely and he's also really useful, so unvote while I decide whether BA or IG is scummier.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2014, 02:31:32 pm »

I think the "BA is scum that rolled 1 die, has the reroll power, but can't reroll himself" is an awfully interesting line of thought.  I'm certainly less inclined than others (Voltaire) to just right anybody off as town just yet.

Point of clarification, D1 POE isn't an attempt to "name the scum team D1", it's an attempt to "maximize the odds the D1 lynch is on scum". There's really only one person I'm "writing off" as town right now and it's XP. Though I certainly think several others are town right now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.