Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547266 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:26 am »

Good thing about this scenario is: We know two scum roles with relative certainty, Thief and Reroller. With only 3 mafia in total, that means there's only one more role we have to worry about.
How do you know there are exactly 3 mafia??

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:27 am »

Good thing about this scenario is: We know two scum roles with relative certainty, Thief and Reroller. With only 3 mafia in total, that means there's only one more role we have to worry about.

Even I saw that part in the game outline Jimmmmm provided:

Alignments
Exactly three players are Mafia-aligned. Everyone else is Town-aligned.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:05 am »

If its gone from 910 to 789 it looks like we lost a roll of 11 somewhere? maybe someones dice got rerolled again.

Either that, or they can outright remove a die from the equation. Anyway, all I have to say is ouch!

I get a disingenuous feeling from this :/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:09 am »

I really think mail-mi should roll before BoxOfDog. He has made himself a premier night kill target, and night kills are even better for scum if they take down a lot of dice. So have two options:

1) mail-mi is telling the truth. In this case, he won't live long and should use his dice before he dies.
2) mail-mi is lying scum. In which case of course we should urge him to roll dice.

Saddly this is true.  Downside of claiming.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:19 am »

The way I see it, mail-mi better prove to us that he has a role that benefits from not rolling in the next couple days. if he doesn't, we lynch him. Until then, I don't like the idea of weakening a likely town PR.

Right, but the problem is, he basically came out and said that the longer he goes without rolling, the more powerful he'll be.  So why wouldn't scum just kill him tonight?  Especially if he doesn't roll, because then they get rid of even more dice.

(Basically what Faust said.)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2014, 09:41:48 am »

The way I see it, mail-mi better prove to us that he has a role that benefits from not rolling in the next couple days. if he doesn't, we lynch him. Until then, I don't like the idea of weakening a likely town PR.

Right, but the problem is, he basically came out and said that the longer he goes without rolling, the more powerful he'll be.  So why wouldn't scum just kill him tonight?  Especially if he doesn't roll, because then they get rid of even more dice.

I trust that a town!mail-mi knows best and is playing optimally for his supposed role. Judging by the previous Dice game it is entirely possible for scum to be deprived of their N1 kill so there's at least one way around this conundrum. As it is, I am giving mail-mi a D1 pass but I want to see what I bought D2. Also, if we need his roll to kill the troll then I think he should do so regardless of his role.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:15 am »

I trust that a town!mail-mi knows best and is playing optimally for his supposed role. Judging by the previous Dice game it is entirely possible for scum to be deprived of their N1 kill so there's at least one way around this conundrum. As it is, I am giving mail-mi a D1 pass but I want to see what I bought D2. Also, if we need his roll to kill the troll then I think he should do so regardless of his role.

Agreed.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 25, 2014, 11:18:49 am »

Why make him roll when we don't need to? If box can't get a 10, then we should make mail-mi roll for sure.

Why allow him to save his dice when no one else got to?  That's the perfect place for scum to be.

If he was an Innocent Child, then sure, whatever.  But he's just another player, with no indication that he's anything special.

I reiterate my vote: mail-mi and don't see me voting for anyone else today at this point.

Has mail-mi played aggressive and bold as scum before? Semi-serious, semi-rhetorical question. I can't think of any times.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:56 am »

I think it is extremely bad to claim # of dice rolled/results etc. with the thief/meddling roles that appear to exist here.
What does this make you think of faust's pressure for me to tell me how many dice I rolled?
I know he's a smart and experienced player, so I think he would know this as well.

Expand. Why was it "extremely bad" in Ichi's case to get that information? (This is directed to both Voltaire and Ichi)

Do you know what powers scum has?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2014, 11:23:17 am »

Why make him roll when we don't need to? If box can't get a 10, then we should make mail-mi roll for sure.

Why allow him to save his dice when no one else got to?  That's the perfect place for scum to be.

If he was an Innocent Child, then sure, whatever.  But he's just another player, with no indication that he's anything special.

I reiterate my vote: mail-mi and don't see me voting for anyone else today at this point.

Has mail-mi played aggressive and bold as scum before? Semi-serious, semi-rhetorical question. I can't think of any times.

Well, this game is the most active I've seen him in the accumulation of all Mafia games that I've seen him in. 

Okay I guess that was just one other game.  But he was town there.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2014, 11:24:54 am »

vote: liopoil

Tried to prevent XP from becoming a consensus town read, too.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:31 am »

I really think mail-mi should roll before BoxOfDog. He has made himself a premier night kill target, and night kills are even better for scum if they take down a lot of dice. So have two options:

1) mail-mi is telling the truth. In this case, he won't live long and should use his dice before he dies.
2) mail-mi is lying scum. In which case of course we should urge him to roll dice.

Saddly this is true.  Downside of claiming.

This as well. Still catching up though, not sure if Box or mail-mi have rolled at this point.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:38 am »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:27 am »

I am also in agreement. Anyway, where is BoxofDog. We really need him to roll.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:01 am »

He probably doesn't even know the game has started... he wasn't exactly cognitive of the fact early or last game...

Oh good. I still have time xD

I was rifling through my email, like, "I DIDN'T GET A MESSAGE ABOUT PLAYING, DID I!? OH GOODNESS"
Thankfully that's not that case..
Whew!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2014, 11:30:19 am »

Updating this.

ashersky
chairs
yuma
mail-mi - bad lynch for today but the claim is a problem as previously covered
BoxOfDog
Witherweaver
Beyond Awesome - I lean towards town scum is trying to frame at this point with the 12s. And if he's scum he rolled a 12 for us so yay.
Ichimaru Gin
liopoil

I took faust off last time? Apparently I took faust off last time.

Scum reads on lio/IG. Lurker lynch Box/chairs.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2014, 11:34:12 am »

Oh, right, faust was re-rolled today.

Re-reading lio, he started off with lots of theory talk, pushed XP, then back to rolling theory talk. I actually feel really good about this.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

Yeah, there's a case for BA being town... I mean, scum would probably want to reroll him even if he was one of their own, yes? Only way this doesn't work is A) BA rolled two high dice and scum doesn't want to lose the stored one B) BA has the reroll power himself and can't use it on himself.

But I don't really buy the framing. After all, if that was the intention, why does noone attack BA? (Well, except Xerxes, but he's town)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 25, 2014, 11:37:10 am »

Re-reading lio, he started off with lots of theory talk, pushed XP, then back to rolling theory talk. I actually feel really good about this.

This is your whole case, and you feel "really good" about it?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:49 am »

This is your whole case, and you feel "really good" about it?

Yes. I take it you don't?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2014, 11:43:30 am »

It sure feels better than IG, that's for sure.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2014, 11:50:18 am »

Lame!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:01 am »

Lame!

Don't turn into yuma.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:53 am »

Yeah, there's a case for BA being town... I mean, scum would probably want to reroll him even if he was one of their own, yes? Only way this doesn't work is A) BA rolled two high dice and scum doesn't want to lose the stored one B) BA has the reroll power himself and can't use it on himself.

But I don't really buy the framing. After all, if that was the intention, why does noone attack BA? (Well, except Xerxes, but he's town)

Huh, B) is a good point, which I hadn't thought of.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2014, 11:53:12 am »

Lame!

Don't turn into yuma.

... look who I was replying to!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.367 seconds with 20 queries.