Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547198 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2014, 04:33:00 pm »

Okay, I am going to give a quick read. Right now, I think the most important thing is wait and see what the other players end up rolling, but we do have some information right now to work from. I am suspicious of any player that gets a low roll, so that means Volt and Ichi are the two most suspicious in my eyes. Although, it could very well be they just got bad rolls.

As far as PPS, I have reread his posts, and I am not sure what to think. First, he says, something prevents him from rolling. Then, he mentions that he had his dice swiped. Then, he rolls and then he states that he rolled his dice without knowing he had his dice stolen. However, I don't see how this is possible if he admits at first something was preventing him from rolling. Also, he has to roll from his QT, and he should have seen that his supply of dice was lower. This sounds very suspicious of me. I recommend that everyone goes back and rereads PPS earlier posts and tell me what you guys think.

I feel mail-mi is town, although I don't like him semi-claiming. But, I can see why he is doing it and telling us now, so that we know why he is withholding from rolling. So, for now, I think mail-mi is more Townie.

I also get a real town vibe from Faust, especially for putting the stats and rolls needed to defeat the monsters.

I also feel XP is town, but I don't like him also sort of semi-claiming early on. His interactions seem townie to me.

And, I am getting a town vibe on WW for having the Legacy Stone and also for being pretty engaged in this game.

I get null reads on liopoli, chairs, and ashersky.

As far as Yuma, BoxofDog, and Hydrad, we need more interactions from them and rolls.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2014, 04:48:23 pm »

I also get a real town vibe from Faust, especially for putting the stats and rolls needed to defeat the monsters.

This is a terrible reason to give someone town cred.

That said I agree with (most) of your other reads and like what it tells me about you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2014, 05:10:28 pm »

Okay, I am going to give a quick read. Right now, I think the most important thing is wait and see what the other players end up rolling, but we do have some information right now to work from. I am suspicious of any player that gets a low roll, so that means Volt and Ichi are the two most suspicious in my eyes. Although, it could very well be they just got bad rolls.

As far as PPS, I have reread his posts, and I am not sure what to think. First, he says, something prevents him from rolling. Then, he mentions that he had his dice swiped. Then, he rolls and then he states that he rolled his dice without knowing he had his dice stolen. However, I don't see how this is possible if he admits at first something was preventing him from rolling. Also, he has to roll from his QT, and he should have seen that his supply of dice was lower. This sounds very suspicious of me. I recommend that everyone goes back and rereads PPS earlier posts and tell me what you guys think.

I feel mail-mi is town, although I don't like him semi-claiming. But, I can see why he is doing it and telling us now, so that we know why he is withholding from rolling. So, for now, I think mail-mi is more Townie.

I also feel XP is town, but I don't like him also sort of semi-claiming early on. His interactions seem townie to me.

And, I am getting a town vibe on WW for having the Legacy Stone and also for being pretty engaged in this game.

As far as Yuma, BoxofDog, and Hydrad, we need more interactions from them and rolls.

I don't recall ever staing or having reason to state I was being prevented from rolling. In fact, I rolled as soon as I possibly could. I think you may be referring to the bit about "evenings" which I thought were real time evenings that we could not roll. I went ahead and submitted my roll ASAP but had no expectation of results until the next day. Jimmmmm clarified that evenings were "twilight"... or something, I guess, whatever, he gave me my results and I posted them right thereafter.

You tell me what Jimmmmm meant when he said we can't roll in the "evenings". In my time zone, when I was able to post and thus play it was definitely evening.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Dice Mafia (sign-ups open)
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2014, 05:13:33 pm »

I don't recall ever staing or having reason to state I was being prevented from rolling. In fact, I rolled as soon as I possibly could. I think you may be referring to the bit about "evenings" which I thought were real time evenings that we could not roll. I went ahead and submitted my roll ASAP but had no expectation of results until the next day. Jimmmmm clarified that evenings were "twilight"... or something, I guess, whatever, he gave me my results and I posted them right thereafter.

You tell me what Jimmmmm meant when he said we can't roll in the "evenings". In my time zone, when I was able to post and thus play it was definitely evening.

Evening
48 hours prior to deadline, the game enters the Evening phase. Unless specifically stated otherwise, no Day actions can be submitted during the Evening. Rolling dice cannot be done during the Evening, however playing and storing dice can.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2014, 05:27:02 pm »

This was the post I was referring to.

I just got the opportunity to check in. As I understand it I can't roll right now anyway.

Vote: yuma

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »

Gotcha. While I thought I would not be getting results yesterealday, I went ahead and rolled. I even disclaimed my rolling in my QT by promising to check the QT prior to ever post following, which I did.

Thanks mail-mi for the rock solid clarification on evening. I was completely spent from work and tending a crying baby yesterealday realevening so I wasn't getting anything more than the fact that my rolls came back sooner than expected.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2014, 06:19:02 pm »

I will say something statistically unlikely occurred with my rolls that leads me to believe they were manipulated and that it is possible that the manipulator could divine the results of the other dice from the played die value.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2014, 06:30:04 pm »

Ah ok I was away for a couple days but I'm back now. Just waiting on Jimm to tell me my results of the roll. Sorry for not being here right away
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2014, 07:14:42 pm »

Play:7

I'm really sorry for this low roll. I rolled a few and this was the highest one :/.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2014, 07:15:20 pm »

<b>Play:7</b>

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:02 pm »

(also sorry i couldn't find a edit button)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2014, 07:27:56 pm »

I am here... going to read the rules and get a dice roll down soon, but probably can't get a vote down as I havne't read through all the interactions... you guys are posting a lot!

And PPS... I am VLA. I posted it there and here. Please do not imply that I am making up a VLA or at least check the VLA thread before making such implications.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2014, 08:19:19 pm »

Edit: XerxesPraelor has been attacked by the Troll.
Score: 640

Hydrad plays 7
Score: 810 689
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:59:23 am by Jimmmmm »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:25 pm »

I think I know what alignment someone has based on their role, but I probably shouldn't trust my guess that much.
not only is the quote someone posted saying that roles are independent of alignment a good point, this:
Impossible Investigations
It is never possible for a Town-aligned player to make any of the following investigations:
  • Rolecopping.
  • Tracking or Watching.
  • Investigating the number of dice in another player’s supply, another player’s stored dice, or what another player has discarded.
convinces me further that you don't have anything here. Vote: XP for rolefishing/making vague statements.

I never asked the PR to claim. Also, although I might have messed up at the beginning, I needed to make vague statements so that scum wouldn't know what I was talking about while the person I was trying to talk to would. vote: liopoil for voting me immediately after I voted for him.
faust answering your question shows that there is something different about him from the other townies. You didn't actually vote for me before I voted for you, and my vote was completely unrelated. I don't know why you would find my vote suspicious other than OMGUS, or is your vote RVS? there is also some irony to it, because you only voted for me after I voted for you.

I don't get the townreads on Xerxes. I'm not sure I've ever played with XP, so maybe he has some meta I don't know about, but for now my vote stands.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2014, 08:34:39 pm »

We need 190 more to beat the troll.

If mail-mi doesn't roll, yuma+boxofdog need either 12/7, 11/9, 10/10, or higher to beat the troll
If mail-mi does roll, the three of them need 12/6/4, 12/5/5, 11/8/3, 11/7/4, 11/6/5, 10/9/3, 10/8/6, 10/7/7, 9/9/6, 9/8/8, or higher to beat the troll.

Of course, there may be one or more town PRs to push us over the edge to victory if needed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:05 pm »

play: 10

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2014, 08:50:57 pm »

ok so 10 or higher and we beat the troll?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

yep!

If BoxOfDog rolls:

1 die, he has a 25% chance
2 dice, he has a 43.75% chance
3 dice, he has a 57.8% chance
4 dice, he has a 68.4% chance
5 dice, he has a 76.3% chance
6 dice, he has a 82.2% chance
7 dice, he has a 86.7% chance

How many dice should we have him roll? If he gets multiple dice 10 or higher, should he play the higher one or no? If he doesn't get a 10 or higher, should he necessarily play the highest that he did get?

I think 4 dice is about the right number of dice, maybe 5, but it also depends on how many he has in his supply. It's his call on whether to play the higher one or not. mail-mi's power is probably pretty good if it makes it worth it to not roll any dice. OTOH, it's a very nice shield for scum to hide behind.

If both players roll, we need either 9/3, 8/6, or 7/7 to beat the troll, which should be easy enough to get.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »

Unvote

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2014, 10:05:20 pm »

(also sorry i couldn't find a edit button)

Editing posts is against the rules.  Don't ever do it.

<b>Play:7</b>

Brand new, first game, huge scumslip...except we all have QTs in this game for rolling dice and stuff.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2014, 10:06:06 pm »

yep!

If BoxOfDog rolls:

1 die, he has a 25% chance
2 dice, he has a 43.75% chance
3 dice, he has a 57.8% chance
4 dice, he has a 68.4% chance
5 dice, he has a 76.3% chance
6 dice, he has a 82.2% chance
7 dice, he has a 86.7% chance

How many dice should we have him roll? If he gets multiple dice 10 or higher, should he play the higher one or no? If he doesn't get a 10 or higher, should he necessarily play the highest that he did get?

I think 4 dice is about the right number of dice, maybe 5, but it also depends on how many he has in his supply. It's his call on whether to play the higher one or not. mail-mi's power is probably pretty good if it makes it worth it to not roll any dice. OTOH, it's a very nice shield for scum to hide behind.

If both players roll, we need either 9/3, 8/6, or 7/7 to beat the troll, which should be easy enough to get.

Why are we just giving mail-mi a pass on the rolling?  It's ridiculous.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:53 pm »

Why make him roll when we don't need to? If box can't get a 10, then we should make mail-mi roll for sure.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:39 pm »

Why make him roll when we don't need to? If box can't get a 10, then we should make mail-mi roll for sure.

Why allow him to save his dice when no one else got to?  That's the perfect place for scum to be.

If he was an Innocent Child, then sure, whatever.  But he's just another player, with no indication that he's anything special.

I reiterate my vote: mail-mi and don't see me voting for anyone else today at this point.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:46 pm »

yuma plays 10
Score: 910 789
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:00:05 am by Jimmmmm »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »

Where is BoxOfDog?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 188  All

Page created in 1.824 seconds with 20 queries.